• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
haha

Well, it's PTR I guess. I don't know what else I would expect. About to play exclusively PTR so I can get gud with Zen and Ana before they drop.

I feel like it's really hard to get used to the flow of ana right now just due to everyone stacking anas.

ramyeon

I'm thinking Ana is Sombra, because her Shrike skin looks exactly like Sombra, but who knows. It would be cool if they had another character in the works.
What do you mean looks exactly like Sombra? We haven't seen a proper shot of Sombra beyond the silhouette in the newspaper clipping.

There's really nothing to suggest Ana = Sombra besides some tenuous links fans made.

I'm thinking Ana is Sombra, because her Shrike skin looks exactly like Sombra, but who knows.

Nah, Shrike isn't Sombra. People only assumed a lot of stuff about Sombra and what turned out to be Ana, partly because they thought Blizzard would only tease one character. The file in Temple of Anubis with Ana's Shrike helmet and the Gamespot documentary "leaks" were the only direct hints to Ana.

While everything in relation to Sombra is completely tied to Dorado. The helmet with the triangular visor is not at all in the Dorado map, and if you look closely at the newspaper, you'll see that the shadowy figure in it has more robotic legs, while Ana has normal legs with regular boots. Nothing of the Sombra hints in Dorado hint at Ana, and Ana has absolutely nothing that ties her to Dorado, either.

Besides, if Sombra was Ana, then Blizzard would clarify that, and make a clear reference to her being Sombra.
Instead, upon being asked on Twitter, they were being coy about it:
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/752943240047759360

(also gold from that Twitter thread:)
CnM5QriW8AATBwJ.jpg

That said, I would love if Blizzard would make an in-game reference to people thinking Sombra was Ana by them getting some dialogue on Dorado/Temple of Anubis or something. It'd be funny.

It was sudden death and we got attack on King’s Row. We went double Winston and S76s with and Pharah and a Lucio. It was the fastest sudden death ever. Lucio just boosted us and we jumped on the point. Everyone was dead in less than a few seconds. lmao

So glad they are getting rid of hero stacking in comp, it’s stupid.

Also, something I found interesting in Ana's digital comic: There's those flying drones in the first panel on the second page, and underneath a computer screen showing the buildings and locations of the agents.
Given the fact Liao never was shown on the first Overwatch founding member team pictures, I wonder if he was the team's operator and used those recon drones. A character with drones like that would be quite interesting.

I've been speculating a lot in my mind about him, to the point where I actually was thinking of making a video explaining all of my thoughts on it.

when you can't pick lucio because someone else picked him first. feelsbadman.

deranking in progress

I don't mind because it lets me play something else for a change! However, I hate when they are bad at it. You can easily tell a good Lucio from a bad one. It's like get off Lucio and let someone that's decent play him!

What do you mean looks exactly like Sombra? We haven't seen a proper shot of Sombra beyond the silhouette in the newspaper clipping.

There's really nothing to suggest Ana = Sombra besides some tenuous links fans made.
I should have said that the mask she wears in the Shrike skin looks like Sombras mask. Like, identical. Like I said, I doubt it's Sombra, and it would be awesome if she was still a work in progress for Blizzard.

ramyeon

I should have said that the mask she wears in the Shrike skin looks like Sombras mask. Like, identical. Like I said, I doubt it's Sombra, and it would be awesome if she was still a work in progress for Blizzard.
We've never seen Sombra's mask. We don't even know if she has one.

If you're referring to this:
Then this is Ana. It's on the Anubis map (All Sombra teasers in game were on the Dorado map while Ana's were on Anubis). It's her Shrike mask. For whatever reason fans made the assumption that it was Sombra and therefore Sombra = Ana.

I could have sworn remembering seeing pictures of her, or was that just Ana the whole time, oooor....?

This whole thing is putting my brain in a twist. I guess your right. My bad.

Edit: ^^ yeah that picture was what I was referring to. Thx for clearing this up for me. I didn't really keep myself informed on all the info and just assumed all the little hints and stuff were Sombra.

Double lucio man.

1 speed 1 heal.

i thought about that. but would he switch to speed. i prefer heals because i aggressive heal/attack lol.

just played another comp match. was lucio. the other team wasn't that good because we basically rolled on hanamura in less than 2 minutes. and stayed defending on point B (we lost point A because i prematured my ult) that and you can't ult through walls. lol.

Ramirez

Damn, just played the sweatiest match ever, won it in SD, my nerves are a mess, lol.

A lot of "high level" players/teams on PS4 are going to be scrambling for answers when their precious Reaper stack is taken away. Can't wait for that shit.

I could have sworn remembering seeing pictures of her, or was that just Ana the whole time, oooor....?

Stuff on Dorado/about Sombra:
Also Reaper has a line on Dorado saying "Where's Sombra when you need her"

The file on Temple of Anubis/about Ana:

Gamespot documentary stuff:

(Note that the character selected is first in the Support section, which is in alphabetical order per class, meaning she was named Ana since then. Also that picture on the left is a supposed "silhouette" of that character on the Dorado map reveal picture, but it might as well just be the windows of that tower)

People simply made the assumption that they were the same character by going Sombra = hooded figure, what would be revealed to be Ana = hooded figure, therefore Sombra = Ana.

Ayumi

If you're referring to this:

Then this is Ana. It's on the Anubis map (All Sombra teasers in game were on the Dorado map while Ana's were on Anubis). It's her Shrike mask. For whatever reason fans made the assumption that it was Sombra and therefore Sombra = Ana.
Your avatar is gorgeous. I saw the artist tweeting the illustration earlier. :3

PzPwd8B.png

Shiiiiiiet.

This seems...unlikely to me.

Yeah, it seems to heavily skew on winstreaks. I jumped from 49% to 89% skill rank in the past week. No, there is no way that's accurate.

Speaking of this week, in three days I've gone from Rank 50 to 59, shattering my career high 52. It's been absurd. I think my record in competitive in 13-2, including 5-0 tonight which gave me 4(!) ranks.

Earlier in the week we were winning every OT thrown at us. Tonight we were beating teams cleanly, even when we'd go down early.

Oh, and those two losses? Both against teams in the high 60s which were basically unwinnable.

I'm sorry, Overwatch. Just because they have 2 45s doesn't mean it's right to put two 60+ against us lowly 51s. It's probably a group, actually. Damn this game needs a solo comp queue. Until then, me and my dad ass are sticking to QP.

I'm sorry, Overwatch. Just because they have 2 45s doesn't mean it's right to put two 60+ against us lowly 51s. It's probably a group, actually. Damn this game needs a solo comp queue. Until then, me and my dad ass are sticking to QP.
That's never gonna happen because it would split the comp player base, making queue times even longer. Also, all solo queuers would be in that playlist, making it impossible for groups of 5 to ever be a thing. It's never gonna happen.

Apathy

the ptr is full of people playing ana as a dps instead of healing. it's going to be so much worse when it goes live. at least for the start

Borden

Neo Member
There's a white/grey line beside the people that are in a party so you'd know if they were in a group. I'm not commenting on your post just thought I would say this if you didn't know.

the ptr is full of people playing ana as a dps instead of healing. it's going to be so much worse when it goes live. at least for the start

Worst is when I want to practice ana but I don't want to play a team thats stacked with her. But yeah, I've seen many games where people play Ana as a DPS when she's more support.

PzPwd8B.png

Shiiiiiiet.

This seems...unlikely to me.

Second thought. The skill range is so squished and competitive pop so much lower that getting to rank 74 does make you in top 200 on PS4.

...but that means that by hitting 60 I'd be in the Top 10% on PS4 and that seems wrong. At the very least then Rank distribution would be very artificially squeezed together.

Second thought. The skill range is so squished and competitive pop so much lower that getting to rank 74 does make you in top 200 on PS4.

...but that means that by hitting 60 I'd be in the Top 10% on PS4 and that seems wrong. At the very least then Rank distribution would be very artificially squeezed together.

The highest on PS4 is around 86, I believe.

Apathy

Worst is when I want to practice ana but I don't want to play a team thats stacked with her. But yeah, I've seen many games where people play Ana as a DPS when she's more support.

4 anas on their side, but we had 2 anas and one was only sniping.

I went junk and destroyed them. they went to normal characters at 90%

Borden

Neo Member
I don't mind because it lets me play something else for a change! However, I hate when they are bad at it. You can easily tell a good Lucio from a bad one. It's like get off Lucio and let someone that's decent play him!

This is going to be the major problem with no stacking. Especially because everyone is going to think they are better than the person who is playing their character.

This is going to be the major problem with no stacking. Especially because everyone is going to think they are better than the person who is playing their character.
Too late. I don't even try to stack now. I try to pick another character I'm okay with. I might let everyone first pick before I Do it's probably the only way for me to decide

Apathy

Play on the ptr, stacking anas is not fun when they boost into boost into boost

ramyeon

Edit: ^^ yeah that picture was what I was referring to. Thx for clearing this up for me. I didn't really keep myself informed on all the info and just assumed all the little hints and stuff were Sombra.
Yeah I think a lot of people got confused because the link between Sombra and Ana was so widespread online.
Your avatar is gorgeous. I saw the artist tweeting the illustration earlier. :3
Their Overwatch portraits are some of the best fan art I've seen. So good!

Borden

Neo Member
Too late. I don't even try to stack now. I try to pick another character I'm okay with. I might let everyone first pick before I Do it's probably the only way for me to decide

I appreciate your positive spin/efforts. I guess, in theory, we will all become more well rounded and understand each character more.

This is what I do most games. I try to play a variety of heroes so I can play the roles that are lacking. I still to this day haven't played any Hanzo, bastion, widowmaker, or mei in an actual match. I've gotten pretty good with about half the cast and it helps me enjoy the game more honestly.

Borden

Neo Member
Play on the ptr, stacking anas is not fun when they boost into boost into boost

I wasn't trying to imply that No Stacking wasn't the better way to go. Just pointing out what I think the big downfall will be. I'd rather lose with a good team that's having fun and working together than win with some baby complaining in the voice chat the whole time.

ramyeon

This is what I've been doing for awhile too actually. Even if someone else picks the same character as me after I've already chosen I'll still give in and switch myself anyway.

There aren't really any characters I dislike playing as anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom