• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Standing three feet next to a Widowmaker, shooting her in her face.

b06.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I've been running into this weird issue in my game, and I guess I'm asking if anyone else has encountered it and if so, what their fix was?

When playing a characters with one than more weapon (Mercy, Torbjörn), whenever I try to change weapons while moving, the game immediately switches me back to the weapon I was holding (doesn't matter if it's the 1 or 2 weapon). I have to stay completely still for a few moments and mash the 1/2 button to swap over to the other weapon. Sometimes it will work immediately, but sometimes it really takes me like 3 or so seconds to properly switch from blaster to staff/hammer to gun or vice versa. It's really infuriating and makes defending myself as Mercy or maintaining turrets while also shooting people as dwarf really difficult.

Anyone else had this problem?

Might be a mouse wheel problem? I know that when I used my logitech mx with the free wheel scroll I had problems with characters switching their weapons back and forth due to unintended wheel movement.

Might be a mouse wheel problem? I know that when I used my logitech mx with the free wheel scroll I had problems with characters switching their weapons back and forth.

Hm that could be it. I'll look into it the next time I boot up the game and see if I have weapon switch bound to mouse wheel. Is that a default option? If so, that might just be the issue. Thanks for the heads up!

Ah disconnected from PTR again

Btw, are these the best settings for least input lag w/ no tearing?

Border less Windows, Vsync off, Triple Buffering off?

For some reason the game looks more jittery like that than in Fullscreen. I have a 970 btw.

Antiwhippy

Looks like they nerfed zenyatta orb damage from 45 to 40 with latest ptr patch.

Ana also has 8 shots instead of 6. Haven't tried anything else out yet.

Edit: I guess his right click orbs do 40 now as well according to some people.

Do people use his right click often anyway? I feel like it's only good if you're rounding around a corner.

Fuck just opened another loot box on PTR and got Safari Winston. My last loot box on PTR contained T Racer. Is the drop rate much much higher on PTR?

They buffed his health and buffed his orb uptime. He always did tons of damage and was a fairly capable healer, but now his orbs stay with whoever you put them on for longer when they go out of LOS on top of your sustainability and health going up.

may have survivability if there's lucio around.

time to fix his main fire into like zarya or buff it.

Seagull expects the current iteration of Zen to be a part of pretty much every single composition.

Understood. I always found him so underwhelming before, so I'm looking forward to all of these changes. We'll see what happens when it gets out into the Wild a bit for all players. Hopefully it'll be a decent balance!

Antiwhippy

They really need to look at defense characters next honestly. Right now the tank class is honestly one of the most rounded and varied category in the game, assault is good too, and support, while it might not be as diverse as the others, is the most crucial class in the game and got fleshed out by the zen buff and ana. Can't say that any defense characters feel crucial right now, even in their intended use for defense.

b06.gif

Ha, reminds me of a match on Gibraltar a while back. I was rocking my usual Sym on defense and had put my teleporter up on a high ledge just before the last checkpoint. (Yeah, I know I should have switched out when they got that close; it just happened so fast!) Just before I die I see a Widowmaker roping right up to the ledge where my portal was, and I groan, "Dammit, so much for that!"

And I respawn... and my teleporter is still there. I run to it, figuring it was going to explode any minute, but nope. I warp in, and there's the Widowmaker. Literally standing right next to my teleporter with her scope out, plinking away at my teammates. I just casually stroll up to her, hit my beam, and dead sniper. I think we got two more TPs out of that before it finally got destroyed. Ended up losing anyway, but I just found that hilarious that the enemy Widowmaker either somehow didn't notice the big, bright shiny red portal right next to her, or just figured it wasn't that important.

b06.gif

I was playing as Mercy on Ilios today, and there was this enemy Bastion in one of the houses and I walked past him (didn't know he was in there). He had the audacity to go out of his turret mode and try to gun me down with his rifle. I shot him to pieces.

I absolutely love when I can pick off over-confident players who think Mercy is easy pickings.

I was Phariah

He was Mercy

He was mad that I kept killing him because I didn't want him to rez. I kept flanking his Rein and dropping mad truths on him. All the while he's raging in the chat.

Dude, right before leaving, says "you lose".

My sides!

eek5

Do people use his right click often anyway? I feel like it's only good if you're rounding around a corner.

LMB attack decreased to 40 damage (was 45)
RMB increased to 40 damage per shot (was 35) for 200 total if all hit.

It might be more viable now. Before it was 45 vs 35 now they both do 40 so if you can anticipate someone the alt attack might be worth it.

The downside is you can't discord a alt fire unless it's already discorded.

I have my RMB bound to discord so I never use alt fire but it might be worth it to mess around with.

They really need to look at defense characters next honestly. Right now the tank class is honestly one of the most rounded and varied category in the game, assault is good too, and support, while it might not be as diverse as the others, is the most crucial class in the game and got fleshed out by the zen buff and ana. Can't say that any defense characters feel crucial right now, even in their intended use for defense.

Buff junkrat pls

I've never really used it much. I just don't think it's very viable in most encounters unless you're anticipating something around corners like you said.

It's okay if you have a camping Bastion somewhere and want to take him down, but otherwise it's not really all that useful. If you could hold it infinitely tho, man.

BigDug13

The problem with the right clicks of Zen and Sym are that the game forces you to shoot it after a couple seconds. If the game allowed you to just hold it until you actually wanted to use it, they would be more useful.

eek5

It's okay if you have a camping Bastion somewhere and want to take him down, but otherwise it's not really all that useful. If you could hold it infinitely tho, man.

Yeah if you didn't release automatically it would be a lot stronger for sure.

Who is the most balanced character in the game? Abislute bottom of the list for a buff/nerf, working EXACTLY as intended?

Soldier on PTR probably.

Animator

Probably not? It's not very good, if that character ever gets overhauled that would be the first thing to change.

I play a lot of Zen and the first thing I did is to assign discord to right click. The only time his charge attack is useful is when taking out turrets.

patchday

I was Phariah

He was Mercy

He was mad that I kept killing him because I didn't want him to rez. I kept flanking his Rein and dropping mad truths on him. All the while he's raging in the chat.

Dude, right before leaving, says "you lose".

My sides!

lol thats pretty funny

Antiwhippy

I almost always see someone switch to Mei for the defence of point B.

I'll break her out too (I play her a lot), but if it's against anyone who's actually really good, nah, I'll opt for a DPS because making sure there's one less enemy is the best defense still.

Grief.exe

I'll break her out too (I play her a lot), but if it's against anyone who's actually really good, nah, I'll opt for a DPS because making sure there's one less enemy is the best defense still.

I see we have come to the acceptance stage of the Mei cycle of Grief.

I play better when I'm drinking/smoking. Why?

You just think you're playing better, in reality you're probably playing worse.

Depends on what you're smoking. If it's cigarettes or any other kind of tobacco (i.e. nicotine), then it increases your alertness, motor skills and ability to focus, thus allowing you to react faster and play more accurately.

In terms of drinking or smoking other drugs, I dunno, though. Perhaps it just puts you in the right "mood"?

Antiwhippy

To be fair, DVA and Mei are my 2 most played, but I don't play them in ranked that often. Will do it moreso once the balance changes hit live though. Want to see how mei's ult charge effect teams that aren't like 3 x ana + zen + dva + mccree. :p

Been outgunning some of these mccrees though which is kinda sad.

Grief.exe

Depends on what you're smoking. If it's cigarettes or any other kind of tobacco (i.e. nicotine), then it increases your alertness, motor skills and ability to focus, thus allowing you to react faster and play more accurately.

In terms of drinking or smoking other drugs, I dunno, though. Perhaps it just puts you in the right "mood"?

BRB ordering a vape so I can get gud at Overwatch.

. Will do it moreso once the balance changes hit live though. Want to see how mei's ult charge effect teams that aren't like 3 x ana + mccree + dva + mccree. :

haha

Well, it's PTR I guess. I don't know what else I would expect. About to play exclusively PTR so I can get gud with Zen and Ana before they drop.

Something I just realized, with Ana and probably soon Sombra increasing the female representation on the roster up to 10 total, Overwatch probably is one of the games with the most equal spread of male and female characters (there's 12 male, 9 female + 1 presumably upcoming, and one gender-neutral robot).

BRB ordering a vape so I can get gud at Overwatch.

The increase is minor. Noticably so, but still minor. You won't magically launch gitgud.exe. Thinking taking nicotine will heavily increase your performance will only launch grief.exe.

;)

I'm definitely in the mood.

I'm just yaking away at my silent teammates.

E: weed btw.

Something I just realized, with Ana and probably soon Sombra increasing the female representation on the roster up to 10 total, Overwatch probably is one of the games with the most equal spread of male and female characters (there's 12 male, 9 female + 1 presumably upcoming, and one gender-neutral robot).
I'm thinking Ana is Sombra, because her Shrike skin looks exactly like Sombra, but who knows. It would be cool if they had another character in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom