• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I swear 90% of my thought process while playing mercy is "what action will piss the enemy team off the most right now"

It's why some times I solo rez people who just took a while to kill, or why i'll heal that one tracer that almost died but is still being chased down by a cocksure McCree instead of the tank who is being actively focus fired.

It's amazing to watch people on the enemy team actively tilt as they start going in with reckless abandon to undo the healing you just did on the target they thought was a guaranteed kill.

Seriously, I'm convinced healing a tracer that's being hunted from 10hp to full is usually about as good as guaranteeing one of the enemy team members to just instantly tilt.

LiK

Nothing I love more than a Hanzo and Junkrat who keep trying to kill from afar and hardly doing anything else. Thanks for helping keep the objective on KOTH....NOT

Ramirez

What site is this? I like to know my stats too,

Overbuff.com

BnrsUys.png

I cracked the top 100, I'm out until the patch, hahaha.

Rad-

Discord orb is still 50% boost. His base orb damage is lowered to 40 from 45. Makes it so he takes 4 orbs to kill a 200 health character with discord when before it took 3.

God dammit. I knew they were going to nerf his damage. Oh well it's not that major of a nerf other than against 200hp heroes. He's still a great tank killer.

Animator

Holy shit I don't know what happened but I am being matched with the WORST players in the world while solo queuing. I am talking idiots who don't pick healer and when I do they can never get any kill. I wish I could stab people through the monitor.

LiK

Played with Man-is-Obsolete. We did real well with randoms. Only lost one and they were close matches. Ranked up twice. 52 now.

Also got that pesky Armor Up trophy. Didn't even expect it. No more worrying about that. Don't like playing as Torb much anyway.

Yea, my Zarya is 49%. I think Pharah is 48% and then it starts going to the 30s for pretty much everyone else, lol.

I need your assistance in that case. How the heck does one play Pharah? She's one of my least used heroes, I can't do well with her to save my life. How do people stay in the air for so long?

Roussow

Hopped onto the PTR servers, now I've never done this thing in League, or WoW or anything. So I was surprised when I discovered most of my items and rank was intact. Now what happens when I flip back and forth between servers? What happens to progression?

I apologize to anyone in the PS4 group whose sanity may have been lost tonight.

Actually, I regret nothing and we should definitely do it again.

LiK

I need your assistance in that case. How the heck does one play Pharah? She's one of my least used heroes, I can't do well with her to save my life. How do people stay in the air for so long?

She's my most played. Stay in the air and rain justice. Pharah is real fun as long as you don't have a Torb turret or Soldier ruin your fun.

Ramirez

lol, I didn't realize cooldowns were instant until we hit point B. Then I just started spamming Helix Rockets.

Don't hold the hover down after a rocket jump, space it out and try to always have a roof or something to land on. Always try to stay above the opponent, even if you're not in the air. I don't play Pharah much anymore, I usually have to take the Tank/Healer role. :(

Blu(e)

Hopped onto the PTR servers, now I've never done this thing in League, or WoW or anything. So I was surprised when I discovered most of my items and rank was intact. Now what happens when I flip back and forth between servers? What happens to progression?

I believe PTR just has a copy of your account. Anything you earn (EXP/LVL, Competitive Points, and Loot Boxes) will not transfer over to live servers.

shiba5

That was amazing.

Edit: Oh and I found two bug reports about Lucio's gun glitching out and not firing during custom games with no cool downs. So at least I know why that weirdness was happening.

shiba5

Now I wanna know what happened.

GAF vs GAF custom games with ridiculous options. Imagine a McCree with infinite rolls being infinitely speed boosted by Lucio. He looked like a tumbleweed. In another game, everyone spawned as a random character with 50 hp.

LiK

GAF vs GAF custom games with ridiculous options. Imagine a McCree with infinite rolls being infinitely speed boosted by Lucio. He looked like a tumbleweed. In another game, everyone spawned as a random character with 50 hp.

LOL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most exciting thing about the patch is that there's finally 2 supports I actually really want to play. I love Zenyatta but there's zero chance to play him in solo queue since his solo healing is so bad and his surviability is so bad unless I'm in a group that's just stomping. though I do worry boht Zenyatta and Ana will still have the same issue of 'not very good solo healers'.

Most exciting thing about the patch is that there's finally 2 supports I actually really want to play. I love Zenyatta but there's zero chance to play him in solo queue since his solo healing is so bad and his surviability is so bad unless I'm in a group that's just stomping. though I do worry boht Zenyatta and Ana will still have the same issue of 'not very good solo healers'.

It honestly looks like Ana is pretty solid at healing, at the very least at Lucio's levels, at least if you can land the shots and aren't afraid of using the heal bomb.
A lot of teams benefit from having 2 supports, anyway, and Ana also makes for a good CC-based support on top of having solid heals. She has the ability to turn games around when on attack, and she has the ability to completely deny enemies when on defense. She's really well designed. She's exactly what I would want from a support character.

LiK

Kinda sucks when I was Lucio and doing really well helping my team heal and armor up in Lijiang but then the entire enemy team decides to just target me until I'm dead. That was kinda rough. They kept coming right for me ignoring everyone else. Oof.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda sucks when I was Lucio and doing really well helping my team heal and armor up in Lijiang but then the entire enemy team decides to just target me until I'm dead. That was kinda rough. They kept coming right for me ignoring everyone else. Oof.

Yeah I've played against really good reapers that are constantly on my ass when I'm playing lucio or mercy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reinhardt is a real problem for the last game I'm in. But dude keeps playing Genji. Even though its KOTH and Reaper would be a much better choice. Dude keeps playing Genji.

It honestly looks like Ana is pretty solid at healing, at the very least at Lucio's levels, at least if you can land the shots and aren't afraid of using the heal bomb.
A lot of teams benefit from having 2 supports, anyway, and Ana also makes for a good CC-based support on top of having solid heals. She has the ability to turn games around when on attack, and she has the ability to completely deny enemies when on defense. She's really well designed. She's exactly what I would want from a support character.

2 supports is good
but you forget this is solo queue. If ANYONE sees another support, they just think 'oh ok i can play hanzo thank god!' rather than sticking with 2 supports. Even with Symmetra.

Rocketz

Well I came back from hell that was my afternoon session. Had the worst luck with teammates that I think thought they were in Quick play. At one point I was on a team that went 3 Gengi on offense. Why. I went 0-4 and fell to rank 52.

Tonight thankfully has been a way different story. Climbed up to 56 in solo queue and actually had some good teammates that understand team comp. The day wasn't a total wash.

LiK

Playing with randoms on PS4 in Comp ain't bad at rank 50s. I've kept myself outta team chat tho. Don't want to hear a single person say anything in case they're assholes.

Lesath

And here I was hoping I was finally clawing my way back up the ranks, and then I get into 2 matches with a kid who insisted on playing Widowmaker or Pharah, and was playing with a friend who was pistol Mercy.

BigDug13

Reinhardt is a real problem for the last game I'm in. But dude keeps playing Genji. Even though its KOTH and Reaper would be a much better choice. Dude keeps playing Genji.

2 supports is good
but you forget this is solo queue. If ANYONE sees another support, they just think 'oh ok i can play hanzo thank god!' rather than sticking with 2 supports. Even with Symmetra.

PTR competitive has been at least 2 support most times. Sometimes 3. Now that we have more offensive capable support with Zen buff and Ana. Honestly Lucio is pretty suck damage and Mercy relies on everyone else for damage and Zen was straight up broken with 150 hps so it's really no wonder nobody wanted to be support.

Shit's a lot better now.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So here's my question. I've put a lot of time with every character in this game. Every character is fun in their own way. Either they have some fun abilities, they've got flourish to them, they're fast or they do a ton of damage or they're a nuisance. Except one.
Perso_Reinhardt.jpg

This fucker is so god damn boring to me. Bastion has his moments of glory but I feel like the only time Reinhardt is any fun is when your team is winning. And he is basically a required pick in ideal situations. He's the only character in the game that I feel like exists so other people can have fun. His charge feels so inconsistent, he's so slow, he's babysitting harder than Mercy and Lucio combined with his shield, he's a walking right mouse button with the occasional e or shift. And his charge feels like the most inconsistent thing in the game. Even more than Roadhog's hook. And playing him in solo queue is a complete fucking nightmare.

Are there people that love playing Reinhardt above all others? Does that exist? Even ulting everyone is followed up by sluggish hammer hits that don't feel satisfying at all. Like he is legit the only hero that I feel like I have to play him for other people to have fun.

shut your damn filthly mouth king reinhardt slays.

I'm trying to get in as much Hanzo while he can still shoot trees. Once they nerf projectile hitboxes he's going to be in a lot of trouble. Just recently started using m+kb for the first time in a competitive FPS so it's a bit rough, but compared to trying him on controller (only tried that week one, lol) it's like paradise. It's fun being able to pick people besides Winston, Reaper and supports and be effective.

ohkay

Playing with randoms on PS4 in Comp ain't bad at rank 50s. I've kept myself outta team chat tho. Don't want to hear a single person say anything in case they're assholes.
I haven't had a bad experience in chat on ps4 yet. The people with mics I've played with have been more likely to work as a team, and just friendly in general. Maybe I've just been lucky to not run into people that just rage

LiK

shut your damn filthly mouth king reinhardt slays.

I have to agree. I suck at Reinhardt but when I see a good one destroy us, he can be pretty tough to beat. I wish I knew how to play him better.

I haven't had a bad experience in chat on ps4 yet. The people with mics I've played with have been more likely to work as a team, and just friendly in general. Maybe I've just been lucky to not run into people that just rage

I've only encountered it 3 times. Twice in QP and once in Comp and they were whiny bitches who kept complaining. Super annoying. Just hearing a guy complain about what I'm doing even tho I barely died and was on the objective as support was the last straw. I'm usually in Party Chat with groups so I don't miss ever being in team chat.

ramyeon

In my experience if there are two or more people on mic in the voice channel then the atmosphere is friendly.

If there's only one person using a mic then they become really toxic. I guess since they aren't hearing the other players on the team it's easier to be a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom