• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I need to stop going solo on either mode and just play with a group, as I'm getting paired with worse players each day. Had a Winston hide at the side of the second point on attack in Hanamura and just waited for his ult. I questioned him and he said, "I'm not exploring, too many enemies". Can't deal with incompetence.
Was he in the safari skin too? Would've been perfect, lol.

ViviOggi

0d1af6dca8a747e18ed30a46247806bb.png

stuck in low rank hell forced 50 confirmed Volvo fix ur game

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My hope is for them to remove her speed penalty while shooting

I'd like this a lot as well. She uses a mech so her combat should feel like a mech game like Hawken or Titanfall. Give her a sideboost too!

Actually they should turn her thrusters into a resource like Pharah's fuel so she can boost in any direction... while firing.

Just a thought but I think a simple way to "fix" D.Va would be to switch her armor to shields. Thoughts?

Armor to shields potentially improves her ability to harass, but it doesn't really address her core weaknesses. Hugely reducing the attack movespeed penalty would be a better step.

Vol5

Am I seeing this right? You lose a game and your go -1 placement. Then you win, but it's not +1 it's a 1/2 or a 3/4 point up? I went from 50 to 47 last night after 3 games lost then I've been doing really well tonight, won around 5 games on the bounce and I'm only at 49.

Animator

Hey you know what there seem to be a lot of us here who are playing solo and complaining about teammates. We should party up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My hope is for them to remove her speed penalty while shooting
Armor to shields potentially improves her ability to harass, but it doesn't really address her core weaknesses. Hugely reducing the attack movespeed penalty would be a better step.
True, just feels like her survivability inside the mech is highly limited. Though I suppose the speed penalty is one of the defacto reasons behind that.
Lol! He actually was.
That's golden.

abundant

Am I seeing this right? You lose a game and your go -1 placement. Then you win, but it's not +1 it's a 1/2 or a 3/4 point up? I went from 50 to 47 last night after 3 games lost then I've been doing really well tonight, won around 5 games on the bounce and I'm only at 49.

Correct. The way it is now, you lose more points on a loss then what you gain for a victory. So unless you string along a series of wins, you will be hovering around the 50 mark for awhile. To make matters worse, if someone leaves the game, you'll basically be penalized if you win, earning you less points to rank up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
overwatch players are weird

hard for me to wrap my head around how people can play a game for this long and not bother to even try other characters

I'd like to know the name of this Reaper. Probably something edgy lel

R0ckman

What does the game consider balanced? Had a koth where it went for 3 rounds and we won, the game declare the grouping unbalanced?

overwatch players are weird

Disgusting, especially in a game that emphasizes heavily on counters and switching. I was just watching Surfour get rekt by Envious, and it reminded me of a lot of situations where we could have counter-stacked but we couldn't because of the waifu-players. It is boring to play with those static-hero players in the first place--you don't enjoy the variety and strategy presented by the game.

fhqwhgads

Welp, Comp is a lost cause. Thought I'd be getting into something better than quick play but between the stupid rules like dealing with leavers/sudden death in general and how every game is just double/triple torbjorn this is making quick play look a whole lot better.

I don't understand OverwatchTracker. If i'm in the top 4% in a certain stat, but ranked #89, there are supposed to be millions of players, right? One of those numbers don't add up. Is this site reliable?

Zemm

I don't understand OverwatchTracker. If i'm in the top 4% in a certain stat, but ranked #89, there are supposed to be millions of players, right? One of those numbers don't add up. Is this site reliable?

It doesn't rank every player, it probably doesn't even rank 20% of all the players, just those that have used the site or if someone else has looked up a battlenet name.

Biltmore

Banned
So class stacking sucks and we all know it. Can we finally put to rest that it's a "git gud" issue? I've been watching some of the best players in the game this weekend, including Surefour and they get just as wrecked by stacking Torb's and other nonsense as anyone else.

Egg0

Banned
I'm more surprised at the amount of hours he's played in general. 247 hours!! That's 10 days! The games been out for a little over a month, I don't understand. HOW???

That's nuts. I had about 19 days played on MW2 and that was at least 2 years since release.

So class stacking sucks and we all know it. Can we finally put to rest that it's a "git gud" issue? I've been watching some of the best players in the game this weekend, including Surefour and they get just as wrecked by stacking Torb's and other nonsense as anyone else.

I really wish they would do away with it.

I kind of wish they would force, both teams to share a pool of heroes and alternate picks. No duplicates. Kind of like they do in Dota2. I would love to watch that, and play that mode, honestly. In tournament, and a mode for competitive.

I'm more surprised at the amount of hours he's played in general. 247 hours!! That's 10 days! The games been out for a little over a month, I don't understand. HOW???

I know someone with an account like that, it's so high for him because he shares his account with his brother and they both work different shifts.

It's like 50/50 in terms of hours played for both of them.

ramyeon

name was "xgen", but he was really egdy in all chat and was really pissed that his ult didn't get play of the game
his personality was more fitting than his name
It has an "x" in it, fitting enough.

I seriously wonder if these Reaper players are using these screen names on purpose post-release. They're too consistent and too ridiculous to be coincidence.

I often get grouped with one guy named "TheChillestKilla" who always uses Reaper no matter what.

You just can't make this shit up.

Satch

Banned
What? I'm still getting barely any exp.
losses are catastrophic in ranked, its rare that i get significant amounts of xp on wins
It usually takes me two to four wins to make up for a loss depending on whether or not there are leavers etc

i just leave the game as soon as it gets to the victory/defeat screen (this doesnt count as an abandon so it does no harm to anyones xp and doesnt penalize you) so i dont have to look at the level screen because it honestly just makes me mad, win or lose. seeing how little i get for a win tilts me. seeing how much i lose for a loss tilts me. id rather just go next right away

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Disgusting, especially in a game that emphasizes heavily on counters and switching. I was just watching Surfour get rekt by Envious, and it reminded me of a lot of situations where we could have counter-stacked but we couldn't because of the waifu-players. It is boring to play with those static-hero players in the first place--you don't enjoy the variety and strategy presented by the game.

To be fair, if you want to play a main that is useful in almost every situation you could do worse than reaper.

ramyeon

I only like reaper "mains" (ugh) who use the El Bianco or Mariachi skins. They're okay people.
Ah yes, the ones with edgy names will only ever use one of the default variations (Usually blood red or default black) or the Nevermore skin from my experience.

I don't main Reaper but whenever I do use him it's with El Blanco. Best Reaper skin.

patchday

No idea who Surefour is- but when I watch pros play I never see them bother to even use a single Bastion or Torb. makes me think hes just a pub stomper

[edit] lol watching this guy's stream right now he's so salty.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How is pharrah's accuracy stat calculated btw?

Because looking at overbuff I'm at the 18th percentile for accuracy but 79th percentile for direct hits? Which means I'm somewhat ok at getting direct hits but bad at aiming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom