• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Bleh, just played against an all Torb team while we're attacking. We managed to win with a Lucio, a Widow, a Hanzo, 2 Junkrats and me playing as Reinhardt's shield. It really wasn't fun.

When's Torb getting nerfed on consoles? Playing on attack during capture/payload games isn't really fun at all now. I don't care if his turrets becomes useless, Torb's got a lot more to him anyway.

Blizz said end of this month, iirc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Reaper gets 2 chances at killing a Tracer, before the ghost and afterwards. Tracer can safely confront him with her disengagement options up (2-3 dashes and/or Rewind). So yeah I'm in agreement with Ghost. It's pretty even, skewed slightly towards Reaper because Reaper can get a lucky shot on Tracer but Tracer can't do the same in reverse, and because ghost form nullifies bomb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reaper gets 2 chances at killing a Tracer, before the ghost and afterwards. Tracer can safely confront him with her disengagement options up (2-3 dashes and/or Rewind). So yeah I'm in agreement with Ghost. It's pretty even, skewed slightly towards Reaper because Reaper can get a lucky shot on Tracer but Tracer can't do the same in reverse, and because ghost form nullifies bomb.

You're looking at this like it's a showdown. Tracer is going to pepper Reaper and run away. 2 seconds later, she's going to pepper him again and likely kill him. If he wraith forms, she's going to follow him and finish him off. Reaper has no real escape and Tracer has all the escape in a solo game. She has no equal one on one. Tracer also can track Reaper's head easily. he's extremely slow and not blinking all over the place.

It's like the old World of Roguecraft videos. She wins because she gets to pick her fights due to her ability to cover distance insanely fast.

Haly

Tracer can safely confront him with her disengagement options up (2-3 dashes and/or Rewind)
But she won't always have it up. If Reaper comes across Tracer as she disengaged from another fight she's food.

I agree with the World of Roguecraft reference because it showed that Rogues were incredibly reliant on their cooldowns to come out ahead on 1v1s, much like Tracer herself.

Ramirez

I still feel like Widow should 1HK Tracer on consoles, she's an absolute terror with little to nothing to stop her. Not like hitting a good Tracer with Widow was easy to begin with on a pad, lol. I wonder if Blizzard even cares that no one plays Widow in competitive on consoles? It is a super rare sight, and when you do see it, you thank God immediately for the easy win, lol.

There's no better feeling than making the opposing Tracer switch because you're in their head and your bear traps are always exactly where they're trying to flank and never where they're looking.

There's no better feeling than making the opposing Tracer switch because you're in their head and your bear traps are always exactly where they're trying to flank and never where they're looking.

I usually take it as a compliment if I'm playing so well as a certain character that halfway through a match, 1 or 2 of the enemy players have switched to my same character.

Like, they see me doing these awesome kills and figure, well if it's that easy to get a kill as Pharah/Mei/Tracer/Winston/etc... then I'll just switch to that character to.

Then I just slaughter them even more because they don't know how to play those classes yet.

maouvin

Sorry if this has already been posted but there where some interesting voice lines found in the recent PTR patch : https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4sz7o8/i_extracted_some_of_the_audio_files_from_the/

Some enemy hiding and enemy detected lines might hint to Sombra's mechanics. Some think it's stealth, but Blizzard said they didn't want to have that mechanic so maybe something else?

Also some hints for holiday events too.

Oktoberfest skins pls. With Mercy wielding a chopp in meter tulip instead of her staff.
No idea if the OW staff even know what chopp is (unless they came to the brazilian's Oktoberfest), but still.

Haly

I consider Torb the best counter to Tracer, really. She has trouble engaging with his turret meaningfully around control points, and Tracer's strength is slipping past someone's aim, something that the turret circumvents. It also forces her to use her blinks and recalls more liberally, meaning she's more vulnerable once she's actually engaging your team.

Also you can shoot her down with the scrap gun just to really show you mean business.

Kamion

Enough comp for today. Made 3 ranks, lost 1 when teams got shit again. I swear, at European peak times people play worse :p

Oktoberfest skins pls. With Mercy wielding a chopp in meter tulip instead of her staff.
No idea if the OW staff even know what chopp is (unless they came to the brazilian's Oktoberfest), but still.

But Mercy is Swiss. If someone should get something Wiesn themed it's Rein.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He can leap, and doesn't have to aim. Having played him, he can DEFINITELY keep up.

I've played him too. He definitely can not. Three charges and a rewind, she's gone the second you start attacking her. Your leap is a 6 second cooldown and would only catch her if she was going completely straight. Which she'll never do.

Kamion

He can leap, and doesn't have to aim. Having played him, he can DEFINITELY keep up.

A good Tracer will always outpace a Winston. He's one of my mains but the leap is on a waaaay higher timer than Tracers blinks.

It's just your luck that a lot of Tracers a bad at blinking around. If I play Tracer and a Winston comes at me I blink through him (he will have to turn 180°) and blink one more. Bam, out of range. If he leaps I recall. I'm gone somewhere else before he can catch up definitely.
(Edit: I never had to recall against a Winston and the only time a Winston killed me was on a point or when he got the jump on me when I had no charges left)

Fair enough. Though primarily my main encounters with enemy Tracers are on KotH maps, and if they want the objective, they won't have too much space to maneuver around.

Blinks won't be able to do much, and recall won't really save her from the canon.

I actually look forward to facing Winstons as Tracer. I melt those monkeys.

Only classes I'm really weary of are Reapers, Roadhogs and other Tracers.

Kamion

Fair enough. Though primarily my main encounters with enemy Tracers are on KotH maps, and if they want the objective, they won't have too much space to maneuver around.

To be fair, KOTH Tracer shouldn't be on the point when a Winston is there, she should disrupt other players from getting to the point. But yeah, if we're in Overtime that's another story.

Even then I usually just blink in and out of the point to extend overtime until someone else gets there.

-MD-

Pendas

Banned
So, after trying out all Champs / Heroes...

I absolutely love Mei. Holy shit, the things you can do with her (and how bad you can make your opponent rage).

Her Freeze + Headshot + Tankiness makes her a great duelist.

Her Wall + Ice Tomb can negate a lot of champions Ultimate / 1Hit Combo.

Her only downside is the lack of burst damage / long cooldowns and ammo consumption.

I got 4 straight badges on her yesterday, my personal best was 27 Freezes, 25 Eliminations. Having a BLAST!

I've played him too. He definitely can not. Three charges and a rewind, she's gone the second you start attacking her. Your leap is a 6 second cooldown and would only catch her if she was going completely straight. Which she'll never do.

The idea of a counter to tracer isn't who can literally go out and hunt her consistently--that's a fools game. Tracer counters are characters that can hold down an immediate area against her and force her backward, and Winston can do that consistently. With his quick leap cooldown he can keep up with her to the point in which she has drained hall her cooldowns/warp.

Kamion

So, after trying out all Champs / Heroes...

I absolutely love Mei. Holy shit, the things you can do with her (and how bad you can make your opponent rage).

Her Freeze + Headshot + Tankiness makes her a great duelist.

Her Wall + Ice Tomb can negate a lot of champions Ultimate / 1Hit Combo.

Her only downside is the lack of burst damage / long cooldowns and ammo consumption.

I got 4 straight badges on her yesterday, my personal best was 27 Freezes, 25 Eliminations. Having a BLAST!

I've played some amazing Meis and yeah she can be annoying as hell. Sadly I'm very bad at playing her - though I am getting better.
Kinda like Tracer. A well played Mei is a menace.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The idea of a counter to tracer isn't who can literally go out and hunt her consistently--that's a fools game. Tracer counters are characters that can hold down an immediate area against her and force her backward, and Winston can do that consistently. With his quick leap cooldown he can keep up with her to the point in which she has drained hall her cooldowns/warp.

I think Tracer having a counter* is bad for the game. People shouldn't have to settle for 'well she's slightly less annoying for a few seconds she'll be back to bug us once her cooldowns are up and she's found a medkit'. No other flanker has that kind of special treatment. Reaper shows up, 76 or McCree or Widow or Hanzo or whoever can murder him. Genji shows up, Winston, Mei, Pharah, etc can murder him. Tracer shows up, she gets to scamper off unless Roadhog gets lucky enough for his hook not to bug out her pull.

Pendas

Banned
I've played some amazing Meis and yeah she can be annoying as hell. Sadly I'm very bad at playing her - though I am getting better.
Kinda like Tracer. A well played Mei is a menace.

Hah, my main reason for playing Mei was to counter all the annoying Tracers / Reapers / Genji's that kept jumping into the backlines...

It worked!

I decided to remap L3 to jump to try out for a while. Thus freeing up a button, so now weapon swap is X.

First 3 games have been sloppy, but I think I can get used to it, just going to take some time.

Roadhog is the tank best equipped to deal with her - you just gotta be able to land the hook and pray she lands in front of you.

I was going to say this.

I can land my hooks fairly consistently on Tracer and I don't have that much trouble with the whole reeling them in to the right or left of you. I get that shit all of the time with Lucio and Genji.

I've been having weird things going on with my hooks lately and I wonder if it has to do with my network. When I'm Roadhog and I hook a Reaper, there's a split second where the Reaper can Wraith form. Last night, as a Reaper, I was getting consistently hooked and 1 shotted by a guy without any chance for a Wraith form.

It was super frustrating because I know there's that window.

Ramirez

I decided to remap L3 to jump to try out for a while. Thus freeing up a button, so now weapon swap is X.

First 3 games have been sloppy, but I think I can get used to it, just going to take some time.

I clench way too much with the DS4 for this to ever work for me.

I did remap jump to L1 yesterday for Genji, put dash on L2, and reflect on X. I'm thinking about playing him more because I've seen what a menace a good player is with him on consoles, lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only good thing about having Hanzo on your team is getting the best acted voice interaction in the game

WHERE IS YOUR TREASURE

Hah, my main reason for playing Mei was to counter all the annoying Tracers / Reapers / Genji's that kept jumping into the backlines...

It worked!

Is this on console? 'Cause all of those characters eat Mei for free on PC. Tracer can recall away (if she was surprised) then stay out of her range while blinking around her, Reaper out DPSes her by an insane amount at their effective ranges AND he can shift away to out range her freeze, and Genji doesn't need to go in until his melee will kill so he can poke her from out of her range (or just kill her from range).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom