• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
BTW, when the patch drops, of you're a quick player, get ready for a minim of 2 Ana's in both sides and two d.VA's and being just terrible matches. Way too many people ignore that and is under support.

I except all matches on Day 1 to be 4-5-6 Anas vs 4-5-6 Anas.

Kamion

Man, solo queuing comp is such a thing of luck. I surrendered myself to staying in the 40s because... well, most teams I get paired with are pretty bad.

It also gets really boring because I tend to go Mercy, Lucio, Winston or Zarya almost all the time because I can clutch the most with those.
So I really need to take a break from comp to go back to QP from time to time so I can play other heroes.

I really want my 50 placement back though. ;_;

Apathy

It's a pointless resource drain. PTR isn't just for players, it's only worthwhile and useful if someone is paying attention to what people are playing on it and crunching the numbers and replays. They already have teams dedicated to the PS4, Xbox1, PC, and PC PTR community sets. Do you really think it makes sense to put more resources into looking after 2 more just so some people can play new content earlier? This is the same reason why Evolve's F2P test phase is on PC only.

Whether people want to admit it or not, PC is where they will balance things first and if it fucks console balance, it won't get changed until a subsequent patch. Sure later on they might get the patches out faster to fix the problems, but this is going to be something that will keep happening.

I hope that's the case because it'll mean easy victories for those playing in 4-6 player groups. :p

I'll admit that I an using the ptr to mess with characters I don't normally to test them out a bit more but I also don't stack. But there a point where i hear opponent Ana's ults so much that I just switched to one of my normally used characters and shut down every opponent ana. To the point where they had to switch to a normal comp it normally played characters.

duckroll

I dunno, apparently it works as a kind of top up? Dunno if the guy was bullshitting me or not.

Maybe he was just confused, because on PTR now Mercy's ult has been modified such that she can move while doing it, and the moment he activates it Guardian Angel is recharged.

abundant

I dunno, apparently it works as a kind of top up? Dunno if the guy was bullshitting me or not.

I think he was, because I'm having a hard time thinking how a nano boosted rez can be stronger than a regular rez.

Maybe he was just confused, because on PTR now Mercy's ult has been modified such that she can move while doing it, and the moment he activates it Guardian Angel is recharged.

This makes more sense.

BigDug13

Boosting a Mercy I've seen used as a protection move so she doesn't die. So a defensive ult use instead of offensive. But seriously I think Ana's ult generates faster than anyone because she heals the most health per second of any support class so why not bust out the ult as needed even defensively.

duckroll

Dunno, he whipped out his pistol because why are you boosting mercies? :p

If that's true though could be worth it?

Worth it in what sense? I can't see this being a popular planned strategy because you would only use this in a single scenario - when you are playing Ana + Mercy, everyone else is dead, and Mercy needs to rez them all so you nanoboost her. Specifically nanoboosting a Mercy just to charge her ult seems like a huge waste regardless, because it charges so quickly in a firefight from her healing other players to begin with.

Ana+Mercy will definitely be a viable combo, just like Lucio+Mercy is right now in many situations. But I feel that just conceptually, you'll want to boost for offense rather than defense.

Nimby

Banned
Speaking of Mei, I hate Mei players on Defend who decide to wall in their teammates and ruin their ability to get set up properly. This asshole Mei in our team did it constantly at every chokepoint. Bitch.

Had a Mei block my Zarya ult with her wall yesterday :(

duckroll

Yeah I mean sure, it'll probably work given the new rules (all characters with self-heal boost their ult meters with self-heal), but it's really situational! I think that might have been what he noticed though. PTR right now has soooo many changes.

Haah. Just bullied a Widow as Winston who kept going to same sniping spot every time. After I killed them about 5 times they just left, even though their team still had a good chance of winning.

I did the other team a favor anyway. The Widow clearly just cared about their K/D ratio.

Haah. Just bullied a Widow as Winston who kept going to same sniping spot every time. After I killed them about 5 times they just left, even though their team still had a good chance of winning.

I did the other team a favor anyway. The Widow clearly just cared about their K/D ratio.

I love doing that with D.Va. Watching those little snipers scurry around when I blast right up into their face with my shield active always makes me grin.

Sorry if this has already been posted but there where some interesting voice lines found in the recent PTR patch : https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4sz7o8/i_extracted_some_of_the_audio_files_from_the/

Some enemy hiding and enemy detected lines might hint to Sombra's mechanics. Some think it's stealth, but Blizzard said they didn't want to have that mechanic so maybe something else?

Also some hints for holiday events too.

And a line that heavily implies a new map that might be some sort of castle. I was hoping we'd get a proper European castle as map at some point.

Palmer_v1

So what Support combos are going to become most common? Feels like all 4 of them have their own pros and cons, with only Symmetra being an outlier due to not really being a Healing support.

Satch

Banned
That's a good point. I'm gonna have a fucking field day with Winston going apeshit on 6 Anas.
No youre not

youre going to spend most of the match asleep

trust me, i had the same thought as you. six anas would be food for winston, right? but in reality youre just taking a nap the whole game. U jump on them? Nap time. Ult? Nap time. run away? Nap time

its Harambe roleplay

Finally pulled the trigger and got the origins edition. Don't have any friends so anybody wanna team up later tonight, located in the East Coast.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just played a match where two people on my team were just talking shit about each other the whole time. One of them complained about the other using Hanzo and then went straight for Widowmaker the next round. .-.

Gaz_RB

I'm seeing a lot of you solo queuing comp and being mad at the randoms you've been playing. Why don't you play with gaffers more?

exYle

I feel like Tracer needs a hard counter. Who is best against her now? Winston? She can dash far, far away from him and whittle him down. Roadhog? Half the time she'll have recall up and can survive the hook combo. Junkrat's trap is great but the enemy Tracer has to be really, really, unaware of her surroundings to go down from that.

Afro

Fuck tracers man.

Most unfun character to face off against.

Gonna' have to agree here. Cool concept and everything, but when I see one darting around in my vicinity, I pretty much just ignore her b/c I know it's pretty much just a waste of time and energy chasing her around playing her little game. Especially in the mid to high rankings. Just obnoxious to fight, not even fun.

Only other real obnoxious hero to face is Roadhog IMO. Even when I think I'm completely out of his range, here comes his 500ft spear, clipping through walls and snatching me behind cover for an easy insta-kill.

Mei isn't too bad if you have decent awareness and distance yourself.

Reaper's ult has me rolling my eyes.

/salt

I feel like Tracer needs a hard counter. Who is best against her now? Winston? She can dash far, far away from him and whittle him down. Roadhog? Half the time she'll have recall up and can survive the hook combo. Junkrat's trap is great but the enemy Tracer has to be really, really, unaware of her surroundings to go down from that.
McCree

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

With mccree becoming more viable, mccree.

I seriously consider myself dogshit with mccree but I was getting pretty ok with him in PTR. The range boost helps a lot.

with zen buff. do you guys still consider him support or is he support/attack now?

Zen is an offensive GOD. But he is support/attack (more emphasis on attack).

I haven't played the PTR since they nerfed his orbs a bit, but I'd imagine he's still OP with all of his abilities.

Best Tracer counter I've found is another Tracer.

Palmer_v1

Not sure she has a hard counter, but McCree, Reaper, Mei, Symmetra, and Torrbjorn can all shut her out to some degree. The problem is that a lot of the time, all you can do is make her retreat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zen is an offensive GOD. But he is support/attack (more emphasis on attack).

I haven't played the PTR since they nerfed his orbs a bit, but I'd imagine he's still OP with all of his abilities.

He's still strong man. Winston and roadhog basically don't exist when zen is in the field.

exYle

With mccree becoming more viable, mccree.

I seriously consider myself dogshit with mccree but I was getting pretty ok with him in PTR. The range boost helps a lot.

Not sure she has a hard counter, but McCree, Reaper, Mei, Symmetra, and Torrbjorn can all shut her out to some degree. The problem is that a lot of the time, all you can do is make her retreat.

Do you guys all play on PC? Because on console, with the FTH nerf, McCree's stun doesn't last long enough to finish her off most of the time or to line up a headshot.

Symm can ruin her day pretty hard.

But then, you have to be on a map, in a spot, that favors Symm, or else nobody's gonna be playing her, lol.

abundant

So what Support combos are going to become most common? Feels like all 4 of them have their own pros and cons, with only Symmetra being an outlier due to not really being a Healing support.

I feel that Mercy is still a must for any team because her ult is the most important ult in the game, but with the Zen bufff plus Ana, Lucio may start seeing less usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom