• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mei's a weird one, kind of similar to Bastion where she needs a change but I don't know what you improve about her that doesn't make her Launch McCree times a thousand. Like dying to a Mei is never fun regardless of skill level.

I'd probably slightly increase the range and definitely the size of the spray. They're EXTREMELY different but she's the closest parallel to the Pyro and her spray feels extremely narrow compared to his spray

Pooya

playing PTR ranked is pretty good, people are actually decent and play to win and like every game people have mics and talk. I'm climbing so well, I can get to 60s if this stays for another 10 days. The thought of going back to live leaver hell...never again...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
playing PTR ranked is pretty good, people are actually decent and play to win and like every game people have mics and talk. I'm climbing so well, I can get to 60s if this stays for another 10 days. The thought of going back to live leaver hell...never again...
Nowhere near the same amount of leavers as before now that they've fixed the penalty.

eek5

You know that stuff only syncs one way with PTR right? None of the stuff you do in PTR will be kept

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I did an evil thing.

w7kqg8p.png

Countering Tracer as D.Va and Junkrat, depending on the map, is fairly easy. Tracer players are predictable enough to know where to place traps. To where I can set a trap and mine, run way back to my point, and manage to eliminate one once it's triggered.

Winston might be the character I struggle with the most.

Drewfonse

I've finally come to terms with the fact that my abysmal win rate with Mercy, as opposed to almost every other character, isn't because my teammates aren't protecting me or that they picked shitty complementary heroes, no it's probably just because I'm not very good with her.

Hurts, man.

JJShadow

I finally made it, just reached rank 60 in ranked playing mainly solo q. I was placed 48 after the positioning games and after 76 games (43-33) I have reached my target for this season. I know a lot of people is having really bad experiencies with solo q Comp, but I have really enjoyed it, really intense games and fortunately 90% of my games I've played with really nice teams, even if we lost later on

Now I think I'll stop playing Ranked, got the feeling that if I keep going I'll start the free fall back to the 40's lol

Veelk

Banned
Quick Question regarding D.Va for those playing PTR

Now that her Ult is a second shorter, does it still come down in time to damage the enemy team if you shoot it skyward? It's been the only way I've been able to get kills with it lately.

Pendas

Banned
Is this on console? 'Cause all of those characters eat Mei for free on PC. Tracer can recall away (if she was surprised) then stay out of her range while blinking around her, Reaper out DPSes her by an insane amount at their effective ranges AND he can shift away to out range her freeze, and Genji doesn't need to go in until his melee will kill so he can poke her from out of her range (or just kill her from range).

Nope, PC. Maybe I'm still playing with Low Rank people or I'm good at dodging, but I've had no problem with them. I tend to play more defensive though and counter-engage once they've used their abilities / reloading.

I finally made it, just reached rank 60 in ranked playing mainly solo q. I was placed 48 after the positioning games and after 76 games (43-33) I have reached my target for this season. I know a lot of people is having really bad experiencies with solo q Comp, but I have really enjoyed it, really intense games and fortunately 90% of my games I've played with really nice teams, even if we lost later on

Now I think I'll stop playing Ranked, got the feeling that if I keep going I'll start the free fall back to the 40's lol

I was at 54-pushing-55, then got into a freefall of shit game after shit game. Currently sitting at 50. I desperately want to push it back up, but I'm scared of falling into 49 :lol

lol this guy on PTR calling mccree cheaters i'm assuming he thinks they are aimbotting lol so i went ahead and picked mccree too just for the lulz. and went after him.

Anne

Any tips for doing better with Winston's ultimate? On pc. Just can't seem to kill people or really do much of anything.

Really good time waster, just get low health and pop it. Unless you trap some poor soul into a corner or knock them off the map you're probably not killing too many people. Best way to use it is to displace an enemy team if they have something going on like a good ult. Try to knock anything squishy into your team if you think they can be killed easily.

mxgt

Banned
Any tips for doing better with Winston's ultimate? On pc. Just can't seem to kill people or really do much of anything.

Your aim isn't really to kill, unless you can trap them or knock em off a cliff. Use it as a distraction and disruption tool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It gives you a full heal when you activate it. So use if when you get low on health. Basically at that point, you're just making strong use of that leap cd and knocking people all out of place. Hopefully to get picked off or to draw enough fire for your team to get the point back and kill. IF you can get a healer or someone squishy in the corner then finish them off but otherwise it's just a lot of bouncing all over the place and keeping threat on you.

Decent for destroying sentries also if the whole team isnt on you.

Prelude.

Quick Play: Win/Win/Win/Lose/Win/Win/Win
Competitive: Lose/Lose/Lose/Win/Lose/Lose/Lose

Solo queue in competitive is the bane of my existence. I've been stuck on a level for more than a week.

Quick Play: Win/Win/Win/Lose/Win/Win/Win
Competitive: Lose/Lose/Lose/Win/Lose/Lose/Lose

Solo queue in competitive is the bane of my existence. I've been stuck on a level for more than a week.

I've enjoyed solo queue very much in ranked. Only a handful of really toxic / salty / idiot teammate games.

belushy

Banned
Really good time waster, just get low health and pop it. Unless you trap some poor soul into a corner or knock them off the map you're probably not killing too many people. Best way to use it is to displace an enemy team if they have something going on like a good ult. Try to knock anything squishy into your team if you think they can be killed easily.

Your aim isn't really to kill, unless you can trap them or knock em off a cliff. Use it as a distraction and disruption tool.

It gives you a full heal when you activate it. So use if when you get low on health. Basically at that point, you're just making strong use of that leap cd and knocking people all out of place. Hopefully to get picked off or to draw enough fire for your team to get the point back and kill. IF you can get a healer or someone squishy in the corner then finish them off but otherwise it's just a lot of bouncing all over the place and keeping threat on you.

Decent for destroying sentries also if the whole team isnt on you.

Thanks for the info and tips! Guess I'm using it right then. Just thought I'd get a kill one in awhile :p

Prelude.

I've enjoyed solo queue very much in ranked. Only a handful of really toxic / salty / idiot teammate games.
You're probably higher than most people, then. I got put in the lower 40s from the placement matches because I won only 3 and for the tenth match the game decided to put me in for some reason while I was leaving and straight up gave me a loss. With shit teams and the leavers issue I got as low as 31 and now I can't move past 38. If you start low it's way harder to go up from what I'm seeing.

And I'm not even complaining that people are "bad", as in "not skilled", but I'm just getting almost always awful team comps over and over, countering nobody, picking multiple of the same heroes even twice, never switching.

They really need to raise the level cap for competitive, people that don't know the characters or the maps enough shouldn't participate.

I had to babysit people making them follow me into side alleys because they kept going in from the main choke point and dying.

Veelk

Banned
Man, I don't know if she needs to be nerfed exactly, but jesus, a good tracer can be annoying...and I don't feel she has a real counter. Even if you count Roadhog, she can escape from basically everything else. The reason I say I'm not sure if she needs to be nerfed is because she does a sizable amount of damage, but not an unreasonable amount, and you have to play her skillfully to do so.

But once you are skillful with her, you're borderline unhittable. If it doesn't instantly kill you, there doesn't seem to be a situation you can't escape or recover from.

sojour

Would like to play in a group sometimes. I'm on PC with battle ID Sojour#1459 if someone's interested in playing together.

Man, I don't know if she needs to be nerfed exactly, but jesus, a good tracer can be annoying...and I don't feel she has a real counter. Even if you count Roadhog, she can escape from basically everything else. The reason I say I'm not sure if she needs to be nerfed is because she does a sizable amount of damage, but not an unreasonable amount, and you have to play her skillfully to do so.

But once you are skillful with her, you're borderline unhittable.
Roadhog hook

McRee stun

Soon to be Ana sleep dart

idk, I don't think she's more unkillable than say... Mei. "Defense hero" my ass, she has the survivability of a tank.
xYF9Ag5.gif

This is the opposite of my experience. I'm 8 and 17, I'd estimate that around 10-12 of those losses are due to teammates gaining lethal salt levels and basically shitting on the team, or trolls who get pissed and decide to just deliberately ruin the game. Also a couple of leavers. I got a whole string of them (not leavers, game-ruining assholes) right after I placed (51) and now I'm down at 45, where apparently matchmaking takes leave of its senses, because the last 3 matches have been hugely onesided.

Something is fucked.

Veelk

Banned
Roadhog hook

McRee stun

idk, I don't think she's more unkillable than say... Mei. "Defense hero" my ass, she has the survivability of a tank.
xYF9Ag5.gif

Yeah, Mei's another one.

Again, I don't think needs to be nerfed either, but 200 HP that you can fully recover, with a weapon that specifically impedes an enemy players ability to react, makes me think of her as a cockroach.

But yeah, guess there are just several matches where no one plays McCree or Roadhog to take care of her, and she just becomes this ever present gnat that keeps pestering my team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roadhog hook

McRee stun

xYF9Ag5.gif

Once Mei's gone through her CDs, she's a free kill with no range and no mobility. Tracer can completely fuck up a pull on a healer 'NAW M8 AIN RIGHT DOOVA' and come back 6 seconds later where as Mei's just running away in slow motion

Mei's a joke tbqh.

Roadhog hook

McRee stun

xYF9Ag5.gif

As Tracer I can kill Mei EXTREMELY quickly. Heck, sometimes to the point where she doesn't even have enough time to heal herself.

Once Mei's gone through her CDs, she's a free kill with no range and no mobility. Tracer can completely fuck up a pull on a healer 'NAW M8 AIN RIGHT DOOVA' and come back 6 seconds later where as Mei's just running away in slow motion

Mei's a joke tbqh.
If she's a joke, she's a bad one
As Tracer I can kill Mei EXTREMELY quickly. Heck, sometimes to the point where she doesn't even have enough time to heal herself.
Mei's freeze ray has huge range tho. Unless you literally flank her without her realising she'll win.
The great bug debate: Who is more annoying?

The Time Gnat or the Ice Cockroach?
Ice Cockroach!

If anyone wants to play, I'll be running a party on the gaf ps4 community. Just wanna chill with a beer and overwatch on this Friday night.

My tag is my gaf name.

We joke about how folks don't know how to play, but I had a match where I flanked and stood on the car alone to win the round and nobody noticed.

WTF are you talking about?

Mei will never freeze a good Tracer though.

A single blink gets me out of range, and a recall eliminates any progress she had towards freezing me.
Can you show me effective Tracer vs Mei then? I must be approaching it wrong, as I ALWAYS lose at that matchup, and I don't think I'm a shit player.

It just feels like the moment I get near Mei I get slowed so I can't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom