• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Can you show me effective Tracer vs Mei then? I must be approaching it wrong, as I ALWAYS lose at that matchup, and I don't think I'm a shit player.

Tracer player here. Don't think I've ever lost a 1v1 to Mei, you can dump a couple clips before she has a chance to freeze you, pop recall to not get frozen and dump more damage. Once she pops any CDs she's dead usually. Tracer outranges her, has the mobility, recall cancels freeze, etc. Only thing keeping her in a standing 1v1 is the health pool.

Only time it works out for her is if icicle pops you in the face.

This is in a straight uninterrupted 1v1 though, which usually won't happen? In a big fight Tracer doesn't have the burst to drop Mei if she has her CDs up, but Tracer can usually get a CD for free out of it. You'll probably be busy killing a character that actually matters instead.

Tracer player here. Don't think I've ever lost a 1v1 to Mei, you can dump a couple clips before she has a chance to freeze you, pop recall to not get frozen and dump more damage. Once she pops any CDs she's dead usually. Tracer outranges her, has the mobility, recall cancels freeze, etc. Only thing keeping her in a standing 1v1 is the health pool.

Only time it works out for her is if icicle pops you in the face.

This is in a straight uninterrupted 1v1 though, which usually won't happen? In a big fight Tracer doesn't have the burst to drop Mei if she has her CDs up, but Tracer can usually get a CD for free out of it.
Thanks, that's generally what happens. In a big firefight, I'll try and kill Mei as Tracer and then she'll ice block and then I'll turn my attention to other threats and she'll get the drop on me. Guess I should just get completely out of range when she does that.

Anne

Thanks, that's generally what happens. In a big firefight, I'll try and kill Mei as Tracer and then she'll ice block and then I'll turn my attention to other threats and she'll get the drop on me. Guess I should just get completely out of range when she does that.

Honestly, just ignore her in a big fight unless it's a super free kill. In a big fight, Mei is /really/ bad. I don't think she's a terrible character, just not great in big fights. Just go after a higher priority target, or force her to blow a CD and exit the fight.

kuppy

So far I didn't really have too bad of an experience solo queuing. Today though, haven't won a single round, down five ranks already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got Riverboat skin and I'm Your Huckleberry voice line

now I just need drinking from a shot glass and coughing violently emote and i'm Doc McCree

Got Riverboat skin and I'm Your Huckleberry voice line

now I just need drinking from a shot glass and coughing violently emote and i'm Doc McCree
Lol, that's what I've been trying to make my McCree like. I have gambler and huckleberry, now I just need the gun spinning emote(closest thing to cup spinning) and I'm set.

Zemm

Mercy's ultimate charges way too quick, both Mercy's in this C9 v C7 game had theirs up halfway through the first battle. They don't even need to think or strategise when to use it when it charges that fast.

Mercy's ultimate charges way too quick, both Mercy's in this C9 v C7 game had theirs up halfway through the first battle. They don't even need to think or strategise when to use it when it charges that fast.

It's getting nerfed when Ana drops, right? I know they altered the charge rate in the PTR.

It's getting nerfed when Ana drops, right? I know they altered the charge rate in the PTR.

It takes longer but you also have increased damage boost which results in faster charge along with her self healing to increase charge.

And hell, on top of that they decided to make it so you can move during the revive so you are far more likely to survive when using it. So imo, it's overall a buff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Had a game with two reapers and the enemy team had two Pharahs. And the Reapers never switched off despite both Pharahs murdering them constantly. Not once. In Hollywood at that. In the giant open areas with no roof.

The Tobjorn carried the fuck out of our team. Like I did 35% of the damage done as Hog but we'd have been fucked without him. Bless you dorf man.

Veelk

Banned
To the players who I just played attack on Gibralter with

Thank you for understanding that Reinhardt's shield is a giant flashlight.

I have so many inconsiderate players who sit behind me as I try to perform my one large man rave, thinking that it protects them from the heavy enemy fire that's trying to rain down on them. No, you understood that you're supposed to flank around my shield, or hell, even just charge right through it right into the enemy crosslines.

So thank you. Thank you for understanding that my shield has zero utility and is a glorified light show.

It takes longer but you also have increased damage boost which results in faster charge along with her self healing to increase charge.

And hell, on top of that they decided to make it so you can move during the revive so you are far more likely to survive when using it. So imo, it's overall a buff.

The moving during revive is still in, but I BELIEVE that in the latest PTR patch they dropped her damage boost back to 33%. Don't quote me on that, but I think it's back to pre-buff levels.

3DShovel

First match back in Quick Play to cool off and play something relaxing.

Can't relax because need to carry entire team on my shoulders...

Apathy

I'm trying so hard on the ptr to get my anger out now before the patch hits live with people who play ana as a dps first and a healer second. It's hard,

I'm on the point defending a push and we got a mercy whos dead, and and ana who is tring to snipe a d.va in her mech while I'm sitting there at 20% as an actual dps. heal me, and I can kill the d.va faster.

At some point every single ana except one I've played with so far forgets they have to heal and go full on dps while forgetting actual dps.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I feel like Mei is only really great in low rank bracket where people don't dodge as effectively and don't aim as effectively. Higher than mid you'll have to rely on live headshots and then why not just play McCree?
I've tried to play her as a support to a damaging tank like a Roadhog or a Winston but it never worked out quite right.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying so hard on the ptr to get my anger out now before the patch hits live with people who play ana as a dps first and a healer second. It's hard,

I'm on the point defending a push and we got a mercy whos dead, and and ana who is tring to snipe a d.va in her mech while I'm sitting there at 20% as an actual dps. heal me, and I can kill the d.va faster.

At some point every single ana except one I've played with so far forgets they have to heal and go full on dps while forgetting actual dps.

They'll be back to Hanzo in a month or two. The newness will wear off quickly when they realize how shitty her damage is to spam.

mikeGFG

Banned

I also felt this way after playing the PTR for quite some time.

She's not even a good healer all things considered IMO. Put her in the hands of any rando, and she will be a wasted slot. Put her in the hands of a skilled player, and well, they would probably be better off picking any other healing class.

Honestly, I think the old competitive ranking system was loads better than this one. Admittedly, I didn't play it in the beta, but it sounds way more fun than this one.

Apathy

BTW, I was just checking my highlights on the ptr, and i'm not playing my normal toons, in fact i'm playing characters I suck at normally so i'm not getting potg, but i went in there and saw I had highlights. does the game actually save non potg highlights for people? thats new

psyfi

Banned
I also felt this way after playing the PTR for quite some time.

She's not even a good healer all things considered IMO. Put her in the hands of any rando, and she will be a wasted slot. Put her in the hands of a skilled player, and well, they would probably be better off picking any other healing class.
I haven't had the chance to play her yet, but that's definitely what it seems like on paper.

Roubjon

BTW, I was just checking my highlights on the ptr, and i'm not playing my normal toons, in fact i'm playing characters I suck at normally so i'm not getting potg, but i went in there and saw I had highlights. does the game actually save non potg highlights for people? thats new

It's done that since the beginning I'm pretty sure.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

It always keeps highlights that were candidates for POTG. But it doesn't save them forever, they stay until you quit the game just like all the other highlights.

i feel like every time i play solo competitive i hit a catch 22 where my teams tanks are garbage if i play a dps, my dps are garbage if i play a tank and nobody knows wtf theyre doing (myself included) if i play support.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
i feel like every time i play solo competitive i hit a catch 22 where my teams tanks are garbage if i play a dps, my dps are garbage if i play a tank and nobody knows wtf theyre doing (myself included) if i play support.

And there's always a Hanzo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WoW's big pre-expansion patch is Tuesday. I wonder if they'll run the Overwatch patch at the same time. Probably too soon but I guess they have done two big patches both on BNET at once before(Hearthstone expansion and latest Diablo season)

Grief.exe

WoW's big pre-expansion patch is Tuesday. I wonder if they'll run the Overwatch patch at the same time. Probably too soon but I guess they have done two big patches both on BNET at once before(Hearthstone expansion and latest Diablo season)

Seems too soon from a testing perspective, let alone backend issues.

Rixxan

solo queued some comp tonight, one game we had a team of 66 - 67's (including myself) and a level 72

we lost 3-2, with about a minute left in the match (still very winnable) the level 72 started hazing all of us, calling us shitties etc, switched to mei, and ice walled our spawn so we couldnt contest

love this community

Frumix

Suffering From Success
solo queued some comp tonight, one game we had a team of 66 - 67's (including myself) and a level 72

we lost 3-2, with about a minute left in the match (still very winnable) the level 72 started hazing all of us, calling us shitties etc, switched to mei, and ice walled our spawn so we couldnt contest

love this community

At least it's good to know shitheads are not only encountered in 40-50.

feels bad when the other team leaves. and it's 1v6.

EDIT: 3 games and ranked up 3 time.

should i take my chances? it's ps4 so i don't care about rank. lol

Apathy

please please please OverGAF, when ana comes to live, if you play her, always remember, shes a healer first, dps second, keep your teammates alive without them having to tell you

don't mind me. my greenscreen and hair was a mess.

also. i stayed through the whole match. i managed to speed past them in the beginning and get on point because they were waiting for me in the front. i could have made it if they didn't have symmetra.

https://twitter.com/FunkyPastaSauce/status/754171096287412224

CndanHrVYAQVOfI.jpg:large

i think i could have gotten them if i was on pc. lol.

they feel bad but i got me a card at the end lol. 5 gold medals. (y)

2 of their team didnt' vote for me. where's my pity votes bruh.

Just had the worst competitive match I've ever had while solo queueing - I must have finally run into the community everybody else has been talking about.

Played Temple of Anubis, attacking first. I picked Tracer because people like to camp the choke point and Tracer is a good way to get through unnoticed and flank, and disrupt their crafted defense. So the entire match, some guy was complaining into his mic about "who the hell picks Tracer, like that weak-ass character will make a difference." I, of course, end up breaking the line and dance around on the checkpoint, drawing the entire team away from the choke point to come and try and kill me, allowing my team to break through and capture the point. Then, while we're attacking B the same guy is still complaining "ugh, we have to work around this die-hard Tracer that's not doing anything." And again, I dance around the point while everybody else is dead, contest for a long-ass time without the team being able to kill me, use my bomb to take out the camping Bastion, etc. etc. Due to me annoying the other team, we manage to capture the point at the last possible moment. Through the first point, I had gold medals in eliminations, objective kills, and objective time.

Useless Tracer my ass. He stopped saying shit after that.

Then I got to experience the other problem every talks about, because apparently us capturing both points was too much for one guy and he quit, and we held the choke point for long enough that three other guys quit, so it was our team vs. two guys who stuck it out.

I guess this is what happens when you go into competitive without a group from GAF. Blech.

Any groups running on PS4? I've only ever ran with one other friend, would like to see what the game is like with a few people on chat on the same team. Psn = gutterboy44

Apathy

The changes I can see them making before going live:

Ana's ult only doing 25% instead of 50%. 50% is insane, Reinhardts are just mowing people down left and right, it's fun when you're the one doing it, when you're not it's a pain and an instant loss if you're holding a point.

D.Va's matrix is crazy strong right now, wouldn't be surprised if they give her less time with it or they increase the cooldown so she can't spam it like crazy

Zen will probably get knocked down to 175 and will be and it being 75 actual health and 100 shield. I really don't want the change, but my god at 200 health zen is nuts. If they leave him at 200 i'm afraid they will lower his dps with discord and I don't want that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom