• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rolled with a squad of 6 Zenyattas on Hollywood Attack and actually won. Probably the highlight of the night.

Then again, it could've also been the enemy Winston on Volskaya who first just sat at our spawn eating peanut butter on Attack, and then when we rolled 6 Winstons on Defense came into the final checkpoint and just started chilling with us. Tonight was a good night.

"We could really use a healer, someone go Zen"

SAID NO ONE AT ANY POINT EVER

Eh. Good Zens are life savers and can heal just as well as a Lucio I feel.

I've been working on Zen as another support to play outside of my main of Mercy and secondary Symmetra.

Zen can fuck some shit up.

I'm trying so hard on the ptr to get my anger out now before the patch hits live with people who play ana as a dps first and a healer second. It's hard,

I'm on the point defending a push and we got a mercy whos dead, and and ana who is tring to snipe a d.va in her mech while I'm sitting there at 20% as an actual dps. heal me, and I can kill the d.va faster.

At some point every single ana except one I've played with so far forgets they have to heal and go full on dps while forgetting actual dps.

I'm dreading her coming to Console as I can see exactly how its going to play out

The games so much better now the leavers penalty is fixed, yesterday I went 6-3 and went up 4.5, previously it would have been 1.5

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eh. Good Zens are life savers and can heal just as well as a Lucio I feel.

Zen at his absolute peak isn't going to outheal Lucio as it is right now.

I mean, I'm not going to be picky about someone playing support if they want to play support at my rank. But yeah, Zen's healing is real weak.

Zen at his absolute peak isn't going to outheal Lucio as it is right now.

I mean, I'm not going to be picky about someone playing support if they want to play support at my rank. But yeah, Zen's healing is real weak.

Eh. Lucios heals slow unless you got a beat available or an ult. But that's just me playing him... maybe I suck as Lucio.

I've done well with Zen and a decent team to back me up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"We could really use a healer, someone go Zen"

SAID NO ONE AT ANY POINT EVER

Look, the best way to heal someone sometimes is to make sure the enemy dealing the damage is discorded and dead.

Eh. Lucios heals slow unless you got a beat available or an ult. But that's just me playing him... maybe I suck as Lucio.

I've done well with Zen and a decent team to back me up.

Thing with lucio is that he heals a whole group, not just one person at a time.

Thing with lucio is that he heals a whole group, not just one person at a time.

Very much true. But still slower I think. Mercy is obviously the best at getting everyone up to speed.

Zen also is great with the discord... and is a decent DPS behind the lines. Obviously he breaks apart when he gets into the action. Also his ult can cancel out multiple enemy ults if they happen to let off one after the other.

Antiwhippy

Mercy 50hp/s.

Lucio 12.5hp/s normal. Amp it up does 40hp/s.

Zen 30hp/s.

So Mercy is best for burst healing. Lucio does the least (if you just count individual characters) with pretty good burst healing every 12 seconds. Zen's is kinda middle of the road.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mercy's heal is instant. Lucio's heal is instant and his amp it up is instant. Zenyatta's heal has travel time, requires them to always be in LOS(if they go out, travel time is required again where as Lucio's instantly starts acting again) and Zenyatta has zero heal boost cooldowns.

Not to mention that Lucio is super tanky and evasive, Mercy can fly and get away to teammates. Zenyatta is literally a free kill in a team fight unless he has a Reinhardt shield to hide behind

Mercy 50hp/s.

Lucio 12.5hp/s normal. Amp it up does 40hp/s.

Zen 30hp/s.

So Mercy is best for burst healing. Lucio does the least (if you just count individual characters) with pretty good burst healing every 12 seconds. Zen's is kinda middle of the road.

Whats the radius for Lucio?

I would say being able to focus on a character then move on quickly get em healed faster than having everyone in a certain radius.

Mercy's heal is instant. Lucio's heal is instant and his amp it up is instant. Zenyatta's heal has travel time, requires them to always be in LOS(if they go out, travel time is required again where as Lucio's instantly starts acting again) and Zenyatta has zero heal boost cooldowns.

Line of site? I've never had that issue when it came to heals. Discords go away during a loss of LOS but I don't think heals do.

Antiwhippy

His travel time is negligible in PTR now. Don't know why they had travel time in the first place.

To be fair with the mercy comparison she has the travel time of having to fly to the healee. At least with zen you can hang back.

His travel time is negligible in PTR now. Don't know why they had travel time in the first place.

To be fair with the mercy comparison she has the travel time of having to fly to the healee. At least with zen you can hang back.

Well a close enough distance... you don't need to be right on them.

But yes essentially.

Antiwhippy

No, it definitely does break when out of LoS after 3s. If not tracer and genji would be even more annoying than they already are.

No, it definitely does break when out of LoS after 3s. If not tracer and genji would be even more annoying than they already are.

Is that the same time as a discord?

Feels like discords are quicker.

I mostly don't notice the healing orbs going away because I'm probably busy healing someone else in LOS.

Blu(e)

Finally got to play PTR and Ana feels really great. I can heal people while still having fun playing an FPS. Her Q is really good but I don't really like it. Not sure what I would even replace it with but I just don't much care for it.

Also think it's kind of crazy how many systems are on her grenade. It heals and increases healing taken for allies while damages and stops enemies from healing.

Really can't wait until they release on to live servers.

Antiwhippy

Finally got to play PTR and Ana feels really great. I can heal people while still having fun playing an FPS. Her Q is really good but I don't really like it. Not sure what I would even replace it with but I just don't much care for it.

Also think it's kind of crazy how many systems are on her grenade. It heals and increases healing taken for allies while damages and stops enemies from healing.

Really can't wait until they release on to live servers.

Her Q is goddamn overpowered.

Soulflarz

Banned
when does ranked get hard? Between 60 and 61 and still going up consistently

And by hard I mean when does having a solid dps and healer not make up for 90% of bad teams and comp?

Blu(e)

Her Q is goddamn overpowered.

Yeah it's super strong but I don't like it. Like her Q on top of Lucio Q plus speed boost is going to be crazy in the pro scene. Like how do you even deal with that.

She also has the best young skin.
Until they add young Mercy and McCree

Fuck those people who pick Widowmaker to attack in Sudden Death.

Fuck those people who pick Benji straight away and then orders his teammates to be the characters he says.

Fuck those people who never worry about defending their Mercy or Lucio, or killing the opposition's Mercy or Lucio.

Fuck those people who quit just because their ever so slightly up against it.

Fuck Junkrat.

Fuck this game!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fuck those people who pick Widowmaker to attack in Sudden Death.

Fuck those people who pick Benji straight away and then orders his teammates to be the characters he says.

Fuck those people who never worry about defending their Mercy or Lucio, or killing the opposition's Mercy or Lucio.

Fuck those people who quit just because their ever so slightly up against it.

Fuck Junkrat.

Fuck this game!

tumblr_o9nos2Qgtj1v0gmlwo1_540.jpg

I'm a far less effective player in these 60+ lobbies. It really shows when I'm the highest level in a game with a bunch of high 50's I play SO much better. I'm pretty much at my limit of skill. But managing to move up a little bit. Got to 63 tonight with some good teammates. Had an insane sudden death game. I'm uploading the video on Share Factory now.

duckroll

Trying to get over my phobia of poor aiming to actively play more attack characters. Just had a game on Route 66 where I backstabbed the attacking team over and over as Soldier. Felt pretty good. Still gotta work on my face to face encounters. I can't aim for shit when dealing with someone right in front of me shooting at me. :(

It's really satisfying when you get behind them and MURDER their Mercy over and over though. Even if I get killed after taking down just 2 enemies, knowing that the Mercy is out of play and my team can pick off the rest without worries is a good feeling! You know what else feels good? Shooting a missile up Genji's butt from behind.

Ayumi

God when you feel unstoppable as reaper you feel unstoppable. Something clicked and I got 44 kills with 8 deaths.
That's pretty great! Most Reapers I counter (as well as the ones on my team) are kinda bad, and only decent during the Ultimate.

Trying to get over my phobia of poor aiming to actively play more attack characters. Just had a game on Route 66 where I backstabbed the attacking team over and over as Soldier. Felt pretty good. Still gotta work on my face to face encounters. I can't aim for shit when dealing with someone right in front of me shooting at me. :(

Used to feel this way (so I would hide away as Widowmaker and Pharah), but Soldier is actually pretty good, and you can drop the heal on the ground if your team has some issues pushing (like attacking on Nepal). It really helps everyone in the area as well. Lots of jumping around helps me during close-up encounters. I also notice that my team often comes after when I take initiative to just run right into the objective. I'm getting better at not being scared of dying. But it's still super annoying, especially when the spawn is far away. Argh.. it's the worst I know if I die as Mercy, and I see my team mates die one by one, hoping they won't yell at me in chat.

Kurita

Number 1 reason why I main Junkrat and Lucio : no need to be great at aiming. I'm so shit at shooters so it's cool to have characters like that. I start sweating when someone says I need to switch to S76. I just can't kill anybody with this dude.

Veelk

Banned
I finally tried Soldier 76, for like one game. It's like the second time I used him since the training the game put me though. After Genji, aiming with him is pretty easy and I won the game I used him in, but I fell asleep midway through.

He's pretty good at dealing out damage, but he's the last hero I'd ever want to play as regularly just because he's so damn boring.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fucking 20 tick rate server, i was behind the fucking wall for christ sake.

Goddamn it,I figured once the patch goes live,everyone will play Ana so finally I'll get to play something other than support/tank role,finally I'll get to play Pharah. She's so useless now on ptr with sniper Mcree,Zenyatta discord orb.

Got a feeling 2 support comp will become the norm with mercy/lucio main healer and ana/zen offheals.Ana has probably the highest skillcap now in the game.
You practically have no downtime compared to other healers and also unlike other healers you can actually be a huge burden to your team if you're bad with your aim. Hurts to see so many people play her as a widow 2.0,just sitting in the corner,scope out,full tunnel vision while their teammates are dying all around.

Antiwhippy

Goddamn it,I figured once the patch goes live,everyone will play Ana so finally I'll get to play something other than support/tank role,finally I'll get to play Pharah. She's so useless now on ptr with sniper Mcree,Zenyatta discord orb.

Got a feeling 2 support comp will become the norm with mercy/lucio main healer and ana/zen offheals.Ana has probably the highest skillcap now in the game.
You practically have no downtime compared to other healers and also unlike other healers you can actually be a huge burden to your team if you're bad with your aim. Hurts to see so many people play her as a widow 2.0,just sitting in the corner,scope out,full tunnel vision while their teammates are dying all around.

I mean 2 support is fairly common now anyway.

Also ana's shot hitbox is so huge you don't have to be like an amazing sniper. If anything she needs to be in the midrange because her grenade is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom