• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Va

Neo Member
People just like to complain and blame someone when they are losing or doing bad! In our Lijiang tower game, the one guy was like "I guess our DPS can't do anything" or "I wish we had DPS," I was at 60 kills on Reaper when he said that. Like what more do you want from me, but yeah people just like to bitch a lot and I just tune it out.

I was actually so surprised at how you handled it all lol. I need to learn how to sit back and just ignore it when people are dumb.

Would like to play in a group sometimes. I'm on PC with battle ID Sojour#1459 if someone's interested in playing together.

Added!

Kamion

It's official, Winston is now my favourite hero to play.

Depends on enemy team composition of course (so many counters) but damn, that hit and run gameplay is so much fun. Kinda like D.Va (can't wait for the buff to go live!)

Just had 40 elims on a KOTH map, someone on the enemy team switched to Winston (I'd like to believe that I annoyed him so much he wanted to try it too) :D

Owzers

It's official, Winston is now my favourite hero to play.

Depends on enemy team composition of course (so many counters) but damn, that hit and run gameplay is so much fun. Kinda like D.Va (can't wait for the buff to go live!)

Just had 40 elims on a KOTH map, someone on the enemy team switched to Winston (I'd like to believe that I annoyed him so much he wanted to try it too) :D

I do a terrible job at the whole hit and run thing, it's more like pounce and die. I had a great Winston KOTH game when the enemy team decided to run a widowmaker, two genjis, and Torb at the Night Market map. Immediately switch to Winston and destroy.

WHY?

Kamion

Quick Play is now fucked :(. This like my my fourth straight multiple Torbjorn team *sigh *

1. Play Pharah
2. ???
3. Profit!

I understand your pain though.

I do a terrible job at the whole hit and run thing, it's more like pounce and die. I had a great Winston KOTH game when the enemy team decided to run a widowmaker, two genjis, and Torb at the Night Market map. Immediately switch to Winston and destroy.

WHY?

I love the Genji "mains" that refuse to switch as Winston. Because they're so easy to fry.

ramyeon

I'm starting to understand the Mei hate. Just had another guy playing Mei on my team who would intentionally keep blocking us from getting back to the fight after respawning. I don't understand the point. Waste of time.

Kamion

I'm starting to understand the Mei hate. Just had another guy playing Mei on my team who would intentionally keep blocking us from getting back to the fight after respawning. I don't understand the point. Waste of time.

Wait until you have a Mei on your team that seems to block all your ultimates.
I mean.. once is on me, but if it happens multiple times it has to be on purpose...

Just had a game where the enemy Mei blocked her own team from getting back to the point with under a minute left lol

Veelk

Banned
You know, I'm actually not down with the whole Hanzo Hating movement. He's really fun to play as if you know how to do it.

But when you have a player who most definitively CANNOT play Hanzo, it is fucking painful. It was so goddamn annoying just watching him sit there on his ass shooting arrows into nothing while I'm trying to keep the checkpoint safe. I don't want to blame the team on not defending me as Mercy, but the only time they had a foothold in the objective is when I was there to heal them literally every half second. And the moment I was taken out, it was basically a team kill and no chance of retaking the checkpoint.

And that fucking Hanzo was sitting on the outskirts the entire fucking time.

Is there any way to look up individual matches? I'm actually curious to see how many eliminations he managed to get using his super sniper strategy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I'm starting to believe that if you're playing ana as a far-range sniper, even if you're focused on healing from far range, you're playing her wrong.

That grenade is so good.

Yeah I'm starting to believe that if you're playing ana as a far-range sniper, even if you're focused on healing from far range, you're playing her wrong.
Yup. My most successful Ana plays were when I was just behind the team, or using them as cover in a big firefight. Healing grenade is so good.

So after a streak of 4 days with only attack maps, I finally got a defense round, and I finally got to play Symmetra again. <3
Rekt on Temple of Anubis with her, getting several double/triple kills and a 12 player kill streak. It was sexy.

Also Ana, much like Hanzo, seems more like a mid range skirmisher rather than a proper long range sniper.

Super bummed about this nerf though. They nerfed the bounce of the basketballs. :(

They fixed ball physics? Literally unplayable garbage now, wtf Blizzard, uninstalling.

Grief.exe

Mei is just a weak pick no matter how she is played fam.

IzyW492.gif

You know, I'm actually not down with the whole Hanzo Hating movement. He's really fun to play as if you know how to do it.

But when you have a player who most definitively CANNOT play Hanzo, it is fucking painful. It was so goddamn annoying just watching him sit there on his ass shooting arrows into nothing while I'm trying to keep the checkpoint safe. I don't want to blame the team on not defending me as Mercy, but the only time they had a foothold in the objective is when I was there to heal them literally every half second. And the moment I was taken out, it was basically a team kill and no chance of retaking the checkpoint.

And that fucking Hanzo was sitting on the outskirts the entire fucking time.

Is there any way to look up individual matches? I'm actually curious to see how many eliminations he managed to get using his super sniper strategy.

Hanzo played badly is like the most useless character and most play him poorly. I had a match with a Good Hanzo earlier though he had like 50% of elims and played a mid range game instead of spamming from far away.

ohkay

Hanzo played badly is like the most useless character and most play him poorly. I had a match with a Good Hanzo earlier though he had like 50% of elims and played a mid range game instead of spamming from far away.
The good ones are always ridiculously good. It's like widowmaker too, if they're not amazing, they'd be more useful playing something else, but the ones that know what they're doing will shut down the other team

duckroll

The Hanzo Hating movement doesn't hate Hanzo the character. We hate the abundance of poor players who like to pick Hanzo and stick with him.

I'm pretty sure I hate this game now.

Loved it during the beta, hate its retail. I have no idea how people are so fucking good at this game. I really don't.

Beta I had fun, retail not even close to as much fun. I'm finding it less fun after each round.

Also the bullshit head hitboxes but they're going to be fixed when the PTR patch goes live, so that aspect of Hanzohatin' isn't gonna be as bad anymore.

Watching Ana being played on Twitch, I feel like she has a hard time building heat/fire, despite the player doing a bunch of stuff constantly.

The woes of being a CC character who doesn't get as many assists as other supports. If you are a Mercy and stick your staff up someone's arse, you get an assist, even if it was the heal beam and not the damage beam. Zenyatta gains assists from his orbs, etc.
Ana doesn't have continuous support abilities, the only way she gets an assist is if she hits someone with the nano grenade and that enemy gets killed.

Edit: That said, Kaplan said a while ago that they're going to overhaul the On-Fire mechanic at some point, but I doubt it's high priority since it's more or less aesthetic - you gain no gameplay benefits from being on fire.

I really can't wait for Ana and the Zen buff. I've always enjoyed Lucio and he's super funt o play with, but I often feel like "imhelping.gif" when playing pick-up games. I'm hoping I can start having a bigger impact as a support character soon.

I really can't wait for Ana and the Zen buff. I've always enjoyed Lucio and he's super funt o play with, but I often feel like "imhelping.gif" when playing pick-up games. I'm hoping I can start having a bigger impact as a support character soon.

I personally can't wait for the McCree buff.

On console, Pharah and Reaper have become near constant, while McCree is almost unplayable. He is the answer to both problems since Widow as a hard counter to Pharah is such a mixed bag without a mouse.

Veelk

Banned

It's partially the games fault. The game designates him as a Sniper, so that's how people try to play him. But he's nearly impossible to accurately use long distance. His Arrows have a fall off, they have a massive delay, no scope to aid your aim, and you shoot one at a time. You'd need borderline clairvoyance to be able to snipe with that kind of weapon. The only time it comes even close to working is when you spam them into a chockpoint where the entire enemy is grouped up, and even then you get plenty of misses.

As a mid range fighter though, he's a beast and it plays to his strengths a lot better. Those arrows hit hard and they hit fast and scattershot is way more useful here. As are the radar arrows. Plus, he's just way more fun this way. The best counter you can do with him is go up against a Genji that has his dragon blade out. You basically have one shot, and Genji needs to get in close to kill you. One time that happened where I was the only one defending a point and he was the only one attacking it in the last few seconds on the clock. I shot, and managed to headshot him as he dashed forward. Awesome classic moment.

Though I imagine he'll be a lot harder to play once the Tree Truck nerf kicks in.

Kamion

Anyone else have 90% of games against Underdog teams? It's getting on my nerves because I'd like to have matched games for more rank points :/

Also can't wait for that console only Torb nerf. Though no hero stacking will eradicate that problem anyway.

SDCowboy

Just when I thought matchmaking was making better teams, last night I get into another bad run of groups that aren't even remotely competitive. I mean, pretty soon I'm going to be rank 1 if I don't start consistently getting in some groups that don't get obliterated. lol

It's just getting old for me. Win a couple matches and I gain almost nothing. Start getting on some losing teams and my rank starts dropping like a rock. It's like one step forward, ten steps back with the ranking and matchmaking system.

Anyone else have 90% of games against Underdog teams? It's getting on my nerves because I'd like to have matched games for more rank points :/

Also can't wait for that console only Torb nerf. Though no hero stacking will eradicate that problem anyway.

Nope. For some reason, it feels like 90% of the time, I'm on that damn underdog team. I'll go on long stretches of matches where I'm getting paired with teams that just aren't remotely competitive.

D.Va

Neo Member
So after a streak of 4 days with only attack maps, I finally got a defense round, and I finally got to play Symmetra again. <3
Rekt on Temple of Anubis with her, getting several double/triple kills and a 12 player kill streak. It was sexy.

Getting POTG with Symmetra is always the best feeling.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Motherfuckers if you see 2 goddamn roadhogs can you please go double reaper with me? I swear to god people are still so shit at counterpicking. Or even learning to switch characters if something clearly isn't working.

Azoor

I just beat a Zarya on Hanamura alone as Mercy.

I don't know if I'm too good or that guy didn't know how to play Zarya, probably the latter.

SDCowboy

Motherfuckers if you see 2 goddamn roadhogs can you please go double reaper with me? I swear to god people are still so shit at counterpicking. Or even learning to switch characters if something clearly isn't working.

Isn't hero stacking going away soon (hopefully) in competitive?

Well, after so many posts here complaining, I finally had a Competitive match that made me understand why so many others prefer it. Temple of Anubis, both teams were completely on their game, switching up characters when needed, massive chaotic battles on the points, and it was absolutely one of the most intense matches I've ever played.

...and I didn't even go up a ranking point after we barely won. Never mind, fuck you, Competitive.

Kamion

Nope. For some reason, it feels like 90% of the time, I'm on that damn underdog team. I'll go on long stretches of matches where I'm getting paired with teams that just aren't remotely competitive.

I'd rather be the underdog. Because I am rank 41-42 right now and people are shit no matter if their average is 39 or 38. It literally does not matter at all.

So most of the time I get really penalized for losing against the Underdog (who in reality played better)

My favorite thing about Roadhog is being able to grab all five gold medals.

Kinda bummed that he's getting the indirect nerf with the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom