• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Hmm let's do some competitive.

Hanamura

Ok let's stop doing competitive

Fuck this shit round system where you play this fucking SHIT map for 40 minutes. Fucking so shit, and it's going to be even worse next season. Fuck this game.

matmanx1

Widow and junk aren't going to do too hot either.

Which is why I'm saying that blizzard needs a serious look at the defense class.

So who do you take instead of junkrat for area denial or indirect damage into a point? I think a good junkrat is still extremely effective, especially at killing squishy characters very quickly while not being in harms way himself.

As a guy who primarily plays Lucio, I can tell you I die more to Junkrat than just about anyone else, especially in competitive and koth/ defense maps.

Azoor

Like many of you, I am a day one PC player. Even though I have friends on the PS4 who play (more on that in a minute), I really prefer the PC for any kind of FPS.

Lately I've been wanting to re-connect with some of the folks that I used to play Destiny with so I used some PSN credit last night and bought a digital copy of Overwatch. Wow, what a different experience than I am used to.

Right away I turned off all aim-assist in the options and adjusted my sensitivity but even then it felt like playing the game in slow motion. Before the night was over I was pulling off rocket hits and head shots with Soldier 76 so it's not as if it is difficult to control, it's just not as direct as using the mouse and it feels like several layers of fluff have been added between me and the character I am controlling.

And then there were the turrets. I can now see why people complain about turrets on the consoles. One of my friends used Torb on a KoTH match and pretty much dominated for a couple of rounds and then switched to Bastion and did equally well. Symmetra on attack? Sure, why not! Her little turrets live a lot longer than they do on the PC!

I think it's not only the control issue but an awareness issue. For some reason, even with rumble enabled I had a hard time sensing where the damage was coming from on the PS4 than I do on the PC where it's pretty much instantaneous. That might be just me though.

Overall it was a surreal experience. It was like I was playing the same game (and it's still alot of fun) but yet a very different one at the same time.

Long story short, if you've only played one version up til now, be it console or PC, see if you can't go experience it the other way for a little while. It's definitely eye opening and I don't envy Blizzard having to balance the game for both platforms.

Parting thoughts: I just played a game as Zenyatta on the PTR where I got play of the game for completely nullifying a Reaper ult in the middle of our defense point with Zen's ult and then quickly following it up with a couple of kills. Others have said it before now but Zen is very strong and I am loving the new speed of his ult.

Playing Overwatch with the controller feels different, I actually started playing on the PS4 before converting to PC.

god playing as zarya is so good. junkrat? tracer? feed me your ults. they mean NOTHING to me
pwou69d.gif
pwou69d.gif
pwou69d.gif

Just played a Control match in competitive as Zarya, with a Junkrat on the enemy team. I swear I barried into his ult. at least three times, like, "Hey, thanks, buddy! 50 free charge is always appreciated!" You would have thought he'd learn and pick another target, but I guess he hoped my barrier was on cooldown.

patchday

Yeah I own Overwatch on ps4/PC. but majority of my time is on PC by far. I'm L40 on PC. Probably only like L12 or something on ps4.

I do like console shooters but yeah I really do enjoy OW on PC. Plus all my friends on PC mostly.

I wish i could play more hanamura.
I love that map.

I enjoy all the maps now. Used to hate Anubis but now I dig. just had to find the right heroes to use on it (for me)

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
So I think my game on XBO keeps glitching on the loot box screen?

I try to load it up then I just see the dark gray animated background with options to open the crate, go to the store or go back, but none of those work. Only Y to invite friends works, and even then there's no way for me to get back to the main menu. Had to close out of the game entirely in order to get it to work again, and even then I cant go to the loot box screen. (I literally just got the game yesterday so apologies if this is a known issue)

Ugh can't wait for the removal of hero stacking and the Torb nerf. So annoying to have to deal with multiple Torbs especially when combined with Symmettra and Bastion. It's doable, but that shit is not fun at all.

It's storming pretty bad here. My internet usually do rock solid no matter what. My power is similar.

I haven't played competitive in like at least a week so I fire it up. We kick ass for two rounds until they switch heroes. Nobody on my team counter picks and we lose the next one. Still, nobody changes. Just keeping on with the two Pharah's getting snuffed it by their 76 counter picks. But whatever, we're doing decently with my switch to Zarya.

And a massive thunder boom later, I lose internet. I became the thing I hate the most, a leaver.

All these Zenyatta Buff impressions.

rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

My boys time has come.

Also plz dont nerf Genji he already gets countered by most heroes. I mean on ps4 i counter his Ult with a Trance saving my team as well come on.

I wouldn't expect all the buffs to stick. He sounds to powerful right now.

Jarate

Banned
The real character that should get nerfed on Consoles is Pharrah imo, Torbjorn is pretty easy to beat (although my Torbjorn is 2 stronk) just a lot of stupid people on consoles

Widowmakers and Hanzos arent good enough to get her, only character that can do well against her right now is Soldier 76, which still doesnt help because people cant aim vertically

If anyone cares: https://youtu.be/tGmert--5dU

Both teams moved the payload to the end with no problem, we got defense in sudden death and thought we were done for. Their double Reapers were creaming us (which is why you must excuse my 76 play. He was the only one who seemed effective even though I hardly use him.). All credit to my teammates those Junkrats were incredible. The other team hero swapping to keep OT going was impressive. Once they finally broke through I thought they'd win for sure. OT lasted about 4 minutes.

Rad-

The real character that should get nerfed on Consoles is Pharrah imo, Torbjorn is pretty easy to beat (although my Torbjorn is 2 stronk) just a lot of stupid people on consoles

Widowmakers and Hanzos arent good enough to get her, only character that can do well against her right now is Soldier 76, which still doesnt help because people cant aim vertically

Yeah Pharah is very strong on consoles but Zen and McCree buffs should bring her down even on consoles.

I need Ana released on the regular servers already. Playing her in PTR is so good. I live for the moments I pop someone asleep, make some tea, then shoot/punch/grenade combo them to death.

Veelk

Banned
Mapping jump to L2 on D.Va is one of the best things you can do with her. Some players simply don't know what to do with a D.Va that's jumping and shooting you like a rabbit on speed and I somehow survived enough to deliver a payload even though I was literally in the crossfire of the enemy, including a torb with his turret set up. I can't believe how well it works.

Once the D.Va update hits, shits gonna be like the monty python movie

gif-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-killer-rabbits.gif

Ertai

Why the fuck do i lose 3 quarters of a rank when 2 people decide to leave after the first loss in a KOTH match. We play it to the end and lose a fuckton of ranking, this is such fucking BS

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
All these Zenyatta Buff impressions.

rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

My boys time has come.

Also plz dont nerf Genji he already gets countered by most heroes. I mean on ps4 i counter his Ult with a Trance saving my team as well come on.

As a Pharah, I hate Zenyatta with a passion and I hate Blizz for buffing him.

DELETE ZENYATTA BLIZZ, DO IT

Einchy

I wish I could trade the Mei skins for absolutely nothing, just so I don't have them in my inventory.

Which one do you have? I started playing Mei 2-ish weeks ago and she's not one of my favorites, she's damn fun, especially since she can fuck with people so badly.

Chuck

Still without luck
Which one do you have? I started playing Mei 2-ish weeks ago and she's not one of my favorites, she's damn fun, especially since she can fuck with people so badly.

Like 4 different ones, one purple, for a character that I never play, hate, and think is the worst thing about the game.

Veelk

Banned
Like 4 different ones, one purple, for a character that I never play, hate, and think is the worst thing about the game.

That's how it was for me and Bastion. The game gives me all his highlights, 6 costumes, his emotes, his victory poses and a shit ton of his sprays...and I never use the robot bastard. I don't even need his other skins since Overgrown is my clear favorite look for him.

Einchy

But have you ever felt the sweetness of someone bitching about you in chat and then just saying, "Mei is Bea"? It's the best thing ever.

Kor

Neo Member
Feeling pretty good today.

I started Ranked at 66 after my placement, dropped to 63, and just today I hit 71.

Anne

Does Reaper have a hard counter?

Anything that can outrange him or burst him. If you mean somebody that can stop him from murdering them at close range, only option is something like Genji.

Wouldn't call any of that a hard counter though. Don't feel like there are even that many hard counters in this game though.

How do you pick Symmetra and forget to shield your teammates? I shouldn't have to ask for it with a minute left in the round.

Some people can't even do the simplest things.

At least we won 😑

But Mei is Bae.

How do you pick Symmetra and forget to shield your teammates? I shouldn't have to ask for it with a minute left in the round.

Some people can't even do the simplest things.

At least we won ��

I do it at the start.. but forget to re up people especially when there is a lot going on.

Moonkeis

Playing Overwatch with the controller feels different, I actually started playing on the PS4 before converting to PC.

I just started playing on PC a week ago and it's definitely a different experience. I'm horrible at aiming with the controller especially sniping.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
black hole should work like luigi's haunted mansion, u run around hoovering enemies up into ur gun

hire me blizzard thanks

Pharah?
A mildly competent junkrat can generally win the fight.
Roadhog chain will win if you shoot them while they're walking towards you

And last
F Meis. There's like nothing you can do on a Mei, she requires way too much to hold a chance.
dont play mei vs reaper lol

he will murder you in 1v1s and negates almost all of mei's kit with shift.

Soulflarz

Banned
dont play mei vs reaper lol

he will murder you in 1v1s and negates almost all of mei's kit with shift.

?
Unless you get a jump on her and headshot her multiple times at point blank, she'll freeze you with a tiny bit of health left and then kill you.

I know people say Reaper>Mei but generally I feel like that only happens due to bad meis, not good reapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom