• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

This thread is like the great salt lakes. Like the opposite of the LoL thread where the game is super salty but the thread is not. Best recent team action: "We don't need toxic in here, go back to LoL". Team "I don't need salt in my game, my food has plenty".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm refusing to play Reaper until I get one of his Raven/Plague Doctor skins drop for me. :p

Mariachi skin dropping for me is the only reason why i looked at him in the first place. :p

Now i pull him out if i see the other team go tank heavy.

SDCowboy

Alright, I think I'm done with competitive for a while. Now I can barely even get a team that will push, much less take an objective.

Just made it to rank 73 solo queuing.

My luck has to turn soon, I just know it.

Nice!

I'm starting to realize that 6-stacks in comp aren't really worth it.

I did my placement with a stack and was put at 50. I lost 3 or 4 levels with a stack. I gained them all back by either solo or duo play.

Then, I just sort have stopped playing comp.

Soulflarz

Banned
If you're playing with friends in comp, make sure your healer is good. High School/GAF friend is my favorite healer, we went 8-3 yesterday

Honestly, a good healer can make or break comp for you.

LiK

If you're playing with friends in comp, make sure your healer is good. High School/GAF friend is my favorite healer, we went 8-3 yesterday

Honestly, a good healer can make or break comp for you.

Yup, keep him as Mercy for all games. I can always be Lucio when needed cuz I do good with Lucio for all maps.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nice!

I did my placement with a stack and was put at 50. I lost 3 or 4 levels with a stack. I gained them all back by either solo or duo play.

I think the smartest thing to do is comp with 1 or 2 other people. It seems to pit 3 stacks against all solo players a lot, while when you get 5-6 you're gonna keep getting full groups which can be all over the place.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yup, keep him as Mercy for all games. I can always be Lucio when needed cuz I do good with Lucio for all maps.

Hes a better Lucio than mercy though, I think he loves Mercy too much in KOTH to give it up :p

(also, he's a GAF member, if you didn't know :p)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This thread is like the great salt lakes. Like the opposite of the LoL thread where the game is super salty but the thread is not. Best recent team action: "We don't need toxic in here, go back to LoL". Team "I don't need salt in my game, my food has plenty".

Anytimes something stupid happens in Overwatch, I like bitching about it here.

It's therapeutic.

Yes. A great Lucio and especially Mercy is a godsend. I'm actually pretty good with Lucio. My win percentage with him is crazy. I don't play him that often anymore, but today barely anyone wanted to go healer so I've been picking him. Had a game with 11 votes :)

As a Mei player, that's usually the opposite in my experience. Reaper in particular is such as easy kill.

Anytime Mei comes after me as Reaper I either headshot her to death or she's forced to heal or wall me off. There's a lot of bad Reapers though so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for you.

Soulflarz

Banned
As a Mei player, that's usually the opposite in my experience. Reaper in particular is such an easy kill.

Honestly, I'm so confused
Everyone telling me reaper>mei
but as someone who solely plays reaper, I find the matchup scary as hell. If you get frozen at all your camera locks up and you're suddenly unable to keep up with them moving to the side- if you don't get them to cryo and the headshot after, you're screwed
:x

and before someone says "git gud" with reaper I'm competent enough with him.

Einchy

It's the best feeling when a reaper does his misty shit, tries to get away and I ice wall him when it's about to run out. Bootiful.

Einchy

Nerfing Hanzo.

I don't understand. Hitboxes make him viable and only sometimes so. :/ Unintentional doesn't really mean broken. Oh well.

It's really not fair for the other player, though. He shouldn't be competitive because of something that's just not really fair, if this fix makes him too weak of a character, then they should buff him in other places.

Soulflarz

Banned
Nerfing Hanzo.

I don't understand. Hitboxes make him viable and only sometimes so. :/ Unintentional doesn't really mean broken. Oh well.

People don't like janky hitboxes, your deaths feel unfair. If your character is truly only viable because of that, go back to the drawing board for how he works and his buffs.

No one likes dying before they turn a corner properly.

It's the weirdest thing. Recently I decided to say "fuck it" and go into Competitive with no expectations. Not only that, but I start every session by turning off all social options, even the text chat, since it seemed like that wasn't helping all that much.

And ever since I've done that, I've been on one hell of a winning streak. I wonder sometimes if it was a social anxiety thing of "What are they going to say if I do something wrong?" or if I've just been lucky with teams, but so far I've climbed up from my low of 43 to back up to 48, and been having a lot more fun by just reading the actual action to figure out my next move or character swap, rather than depending on the rest of my team. If I get back over 50, I might turn the chat back on, but for now it's working out great just playing blind.

Nice!

Whats the "cap" right now, so to speak?

Have people broken into the 80s yet?

X-Frame

This patch can't come to console soon enough. I'm very excited for Ana and all the positive changes that it's making it a bit difficult to play right now.

This happened during the last PTR but not as much as right now because of Ana mostly.

Is the opposite team leaver skill rating issue fixed on all systems at least?

Prelude.

Anytime Mei comes after me as Reaper I either headshot her to death or she's forced to heal or wall me off. There's a lot of bad Reapers though so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for you.
I am pretty elusive as Mei, I can often stay on the point in KotH alone against 3-4 other people buying time for the team to get back without getting killed. You can do a lot of stuff jumping around, putting down walls, cryo-freezing, she's not an easy target at all at close range. Forcing her to heal isn't exactly an advantage since she can get out of the cryo-freeze when she wants, she'll always have the upper hand in reaction time.

Honestly, I'm so confused
Everyone telling me reaper>mei
but as someone who solely plays reaper, I find the matchup scary as hell. If you get frozen at all your camera locks up and you're suddenly unable to keep up with them moving to the side- if you don't get them to cryo and the headshot after, you're screwed
:x

and before someone says "git gud" with reaper I'm competent enough with him.
Well, he can't do a lot against her, unless you surprise her and straight up headshot her, but it's pretty hard considering how loud his footsteps are, unlike hers.
If I see a Reaper close to me I just approach him and start freezing him and kill him. If he wraithforms away I just follow him, he's not faster than Mei, and start again when he comes out. The only way he has to escape is just going back behind his team, but he's rarely close enough to wraithform to them.

How do you pick Symmetra and forget to shield your teammates? I shouldn't have to ask for it with a minute left in the round.

Some people can't even do the simplest things.

At least we won

It's hard to keep up with whom has died and whom hasn't. I always shield everyone at the start and when I notice they died in the kill counter and pass me by, or if I see them without a shield, but it's difficult to notice.

This patch can't come to console soon enough. I'm very excited for Ana and all the positive changes that it's making it a bit difficult to play right now.

This happened during the last PTR but not as much as right now because of Ana mostly.

Is the opposite team leaver skill rating issue fixed on all systems at least?

Don't think so, I just played a game on PS4 that had leavers and I only went up like 20% of a rank.

Soulflarz

Banned
I am pretty elusive as Mei, I can often stay on the point in KotH alone against 3-4 other people buying time for the team to get back without getting killed. You can do a lot of stuff jumping around, putting down walls, cryo-freezing, she's not an easy target at all at close range. Forcing her to heal isn't exactly an advantage since she can get out of the cryo-freeze when she wants, she'll always have the upper hand in reaction time.

Well, he can't do a lot against her, unless you surprise her and straight up headshot her, but it's pretty hard considering how loud his footsteps are, unlike hers.
If I see a Reaper close to me I just approach him and start freezing him and kill him. If he wraithforms away I just follow him, he's not faster than Mei, and start again when he comes out. The only way he has to escape is just going back behind his team, but he's rarely close enough to wraithform to them.

please say you're on PSN so I can team up with you and harass people in comp

Don't think so, I just played a game on PS4 that had leavers and I only went up like 20% of a rank.

I went up 75%, it's surely fixed.

Papercuts

He should be shooting you in the face during these moments because Mei will die before he is close to frozen.

Soulflarz

Banned
He should be shooting you in the face during these moments because Mei will die before he is close to frozen.

Generally a mei should be backing up/moving and relying on your camera freezing up very fast. A jumping mei strafing is not an easy target to win against.

Papercuts

Generally a mei should be backing up/moving and relying on your camera freezing up very fast. A jumping mei strafing is not an easy target to win against.

Right.

She will still die before she can back up. :p

Mei definitely wants to alt fire him and never engage in CQC but similarly, Reaper shouldn't engage at a range vulnerable to her projectiles.

i'm going to play PTR and practie with widow. seems good to improve my aim which is like uber poo jump,

re: mei: crouch and strafe. actually. just go crazy or eye wall behind them first then go in. most people try to back up.

It's hard to keep up with whom has died and whom hasn't. I always shield everyone at the start and when I notice they died in the kill counter and pass me by, or if I see them without a shield, but it's difficult to notice.

No I meant that they didn't shield anyone for nearly the entire round not that they just forgot at that moment 😑

Prelude.

please say you're on PSN so I can team up with you and harass people in comp
Nope, PC.

She won't because he's gonna see me when it's too late for him to aim properly. If I get killed by a Reaper it's because he completely caught me by surprise in some way, but it's really, really hard to not hear him coming. Every action he has is super loud.

A good mei shouldn't be freezing reaper, she should be dropping him in 2 headshots.
Yeah, well. Better not to give out your position in case you miss. Freezing him is a guaranteed kill. If I could headshot 100% of the time I'd just use Widowmaker.

Soulflarz

Banned
Honestly with prelude here- I only use reaper and...
theres a difference between sneaking up on a team and mei, she can actually act out of you sneaking up and put you into a hellish situation. Sneaking up on soldier? He can't do much. Mei? Freeze while dodging.

But hey, to each their own?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, not really the same. She's more akin to hanzo in that the hitbox on her projectile is crazy generous. More midrange than widow.

Have people fallen off playing this on ps4 or something? had like 2-3 people on so far tonight, previously it would be more like 10-15.

Whats the "cap" right now, so to speak?

Have people broken into the 80s yet?

Supposedly, someone has. I found a Reddit thread from a few weeks ago that claimed there were two people in the 80s.

But I haven't found much talk about it recently. Everyone's talking about the PTR stuff.

Zemm

That moment where you teleport as Reaper only to see a Roadhog turn the corner and stand right next to it.

or

That moment where you teleport as Reaper to a nice spot above the enemies but for some reason the teleport moves slightly through no fault of your own just as you press the button and you end up teleporting into a group of enemies instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom