• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've played games where if someone leaves the rest of the team gets a buff to offset the leaver. The whole team really shouldn't be penalized for one persons stupidity or bad internet

Soulflarz

Banned
5-1 for the day, up to 63

Still want to get to competent opponents, since 4 of those matches were what I'd consider easy to the point where we had no fear of them

Salarians

Riding around on the floating platforms on Route 66 as Widowmaker is so much fun. I got a 15 player kill streak with her that match, better than I've ever gotten before. I also got a gold for objective time (we were on attack) so that's a little worrying, but we still won.

Soulflarz

Banned
another day, another 'well your rank doesn't matter since it's console' even when PC isn't really that different from what I've played :<

Just had an interesting comp match on hanamura.

Was on attack first round and suddenly we realize the other team is 5 hanzo, 1 sym. That ended quickly.

Then they start yelling at each other because one person went hanzo then everyone went hanzo. They trolled the first guy who went hanzo.

2nd round they didn't even cap the 1st point even though they picked regular heroes. Everyone on team knew how to coordinate well. Then they go back to yelling at each other for picking hanzo's at the first round.

I'm so tempted to just put the recording of the whole fiasco for lols.

ISOM

Just had an interesting comp match on hanamura.

Was on attack first round and suddenly we realize the other team is 5 hanzo, 1 sym. That ended quickly.

Then they start yelling at each other because one person went hanzo then everyone went hanzo. They trolled the first guy who went hanzo.

2nd round they didn't even cap the 1st point even though they picked regular heroes. Everyone on team knew how to coordinate well. Then they go back to yelling at each other for picking hanzo's at the first round.

I'm so tempted to just put the recording of the whole fiasco for lols.

I've been caught up in those type of troll picks before. Did it once, never again. People think it's fun but getting rolled is not fun.

So, after scoring three PotGs with her tonight, I think I'm starting to love playing Tracer, after thinking she wasn't for me not that long ago. I think the stumbling block I had before was learning to instinctively hit her Rewind whenever I take damage. Now that I've got that, I'm having so much fun being an annoying little gnat to the enemy team.

I've been caught up in those type of troll picks before. Did it once, never again. People think it's fun but getting rolled is not fun.

Ugh, had one of those tonight. Join the match in process, and my team has three Widowmakers and two McCrees. I sigh, realizing that no matter what I pick, it's a doomed effort, and just roll with the third McCree and hope that the enemy team was goofing around as well.

Nope. Regular team comp on the other side, and we got steamrolled. At least it was just Quick Play.

Anne

another day, another 'well your rank doesn't matter since it's console' even when PC isn't really that different from what I've played :<

Not gonna tell you one is better than another, but I will tell you they might as well be different games. Makes more sense you'd have trouble with Mei on console compared to on PC.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not gonna tell you one is better than another, but I will tell you they might as well be different games. Makes more sense you'd have trouble with Mei on console compared to on PC.

They're still the same game though, they just play different, yeah. But to counter with "Oh you hit 60s easily going 13-4 the past day and a half? Come to PC where people are good, everyone on console is shit, just like the game. It doesn't mean anything there" gets really grating after awhile.

It's not even the "PC is better" argument (which I understood for battlefield), it's just the being obnoxious about it that plenty can't refrain from.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So today I learned people still teabag. What year is it?

There's a youtuber named SaltyPhish that, whenever he has ult as Reaper, sprays the 'tea bag' spray. Because there is one. Then does a bunch of pre-reap teabags then jumps on the enemy team ults and teabags. So that it's all in the replay.

And it kills me every time

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So today I learned people still teabag. What year is it?

I never understood the mindset that propels people from wanting to be huge dicks to random people in online games.
There's a youtuber named SaltyPhish that, whenever he has ult as Reaper, sprays the 'tea bag' spray. Because there is one. Then does a bunch of pre-reap teabags then jumps on the enemy team ults and teabags. So that it's all in the replay.

And it kills me every time

Tried watching that Moo something guy on Twitch, while he was a great player, I couldn't stand his constant dickishness.

can't tell if i'm getting slightly better with widow. but i'm trying to not shoot moving target where they are but ahead. the junkrat taht was on defense was helping me kill him. lol.

Chuck

Still without luck
Can I please stop getting penalized a minute for leaving a match after it ends. It's not like it's such a big fucking deal seeing play of the game and voting for the players.

fuck off

Einchy

Can I please stop getting penalized a minute for leaving a match after it ends. It's not like it's such a big fucking deal seeing play of the game and voting for the players.

fuck off

Wait, we get penalized for this? No way...

Soulflarz

Banned

fuck off

probably to encourage you to vote and be a part of the ending match stuff.

Einchy

YQO1Tcy.png

Is it not working correctly then?

Salarians

I think it's worth mentioning that the teabagger was playing Reaper.

ngl I'll try to get my emote into the potg scene if I get a chance

best bm
I once death spectated a D.Va spray the salt shaker and taunt after using her ult
they did not get POTG

Edit:
I've left matches during the victory/defeat screen multiple times in the past few days and I haven't seen any penalty.

fuck off

I'm for steeper punishment. This is included.

Around launch, you could get into a game and play the same people 4 matches in a row. It was seemless.

Now, people are so goddam salty all of the time to the point where they can't see a game's credits?

Spoiler tag: Fuck off. Close spoiler tag.

Chuck

Still without luck
YQO1Tcy.png

Is it not working correctly then?

I don't know if it's the way ther servers work or what

But when i leave a match after I see the victory defeat shit, every single time the time it takes to load back in is always always always around 1 minute longer than the estimate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know if it's the way ther servers work or what

But when i leave a match after I see the victory defeat shit, every single time the time it takes to load back in is always always always around 1 minute longer than the estimate.

No. I think it's just the estimate being out of whack. It's been that way for awhile now.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm for steeper punishment. This is included.

Around launch, you could get into a game and play the same people 4 matches in a row. It was seemless.

Now, people are so goddam salty all of the time to the point where they can't see a game's credits?

Spoiler tag: Fuck off. Close spoiler tag.

Speaking of salt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom