• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

yeah I wonder why they added that feature. Just feels like it was not fully fleshed out. I was hoping ranked would have short matches like Quick play.

so far I jkust stick with Hearthstone for ranked cause I enjoy quick & satisfying matches. But I still play the other Overwatch modes. Hoping ranked gets better with the patch that stops hero stacks. then I will play

Now that Blizzard is adding hero limits to Comp, it's only a matter of time before they adopt Stopwatch Rules. Maybe if the changes in the next season don't pan out, we'll get them in Season 3.

I'm surprised to see so many people diss the long matches in competitive. I really love them, it adds a building feeling of intensity and competition. It does feel unnecessarily long sometimes, but that's never taken away from my enjoyment.

It becomes a problem when the matchmaker puts you in back to back to back Assault Matches that last anywhere between 30 to 50 minutes each.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If I wanted to sit down to commit myself to 30 minutes of ESPORTS I'd play Dota. Having Comp matches drag out to MOBA game lengths just forces Overwatch to overlap other
better competitive
games.

Anyone have suggestions on how to make aiming feel better on Xbox One? Coming from Halo 5 the aiming in this feels really bad. Like it just feels too loose and not accurate enough on any setting I've tried. And the diagonal aiming seems faster then horizontal and vertical.

Also playing against people on Xb1 who have 50-100 hours played when I have 5 is really not fun. Matchmaking seems very iffy.

Anyone have suggestions on how to make aiming feel better on Xbox One? Coming from Halo 5 the aiming in this feels really bad. Like it just feels too loose and not accurate enough on any setting I've tried. And the diagonal aiming seems faster then horizontal and vertical.
Hmmm, the diagonal thing might be because Halo 5 actually has diagonal aiming that is slower than horizontal and vertical.

AngryMoth

Holy crap, I love playing as tracer. She and reaper are the only characters I've basically ignored, cos I don't get chance to play offence much and I was put off by her low health, but goddam she is fun

Vitanimus

played a match as reaper for the first time today. it's so easy to get a good death blossom kill on hollywood
BtQEkCS.gif

JJShadow

Been getting so frustrated in comp due to leavers and bad teams, going back to quick play is such a stress relief haha

Yeah, quick play feels sooo relaxed after Comp went out, it's what everyone is playing to chill out and there are no bad feelings at all

I main support/tank (I've almost exclusively played Lucio/Rein/Winston/Dva in Ranked) so I've decided to get better with some Offense heroes playing QP, and I can say I can do pretty well with S76/Pharah atm, it feels sooo good when you end a match with a high accuracy as Pharah (on PS4)

Because unlike quick play, if you leave you can rejoin the match. Allowing people to fill the spot would likely remove that safety net which would fuck people that get dced and come back, and after that period you can already leave anyways if you don't want to play.

You can't expect someone that joins in a in progress match to perform well anyways, it feels like shit to join a game that is completely fucked beyond repair and be expected to just instantly grasp whats going on and where do you stand in the team.

That's why you don't penalize the late joiner for a loss. But I don't see why they couldn't do well in some cases. Like I said in my example we just couldn't quote capture the second point in Hanamura. No reason we couldn't do the same to the other guys with a full team. Additionally the quitter left right after our turn was over so you had like 40 seconds of sitting in the spawn room where the game could have stuck somewhere then.

I guess I just don't think things can stay the way they are. Either find a way not to punish those in a ranked game who had someone quit or matchmake people in.

Edit: and looking at the posts on this page alone it's clearly a problem.

abundant

That's why you don't penalize the late joiner for a loss. But I don't see why they couldn't do well in some cases. Like I said in my example we just couldn't quote capture the second point in Hanamura. No reason we couldn't do the same to the other guys with a full team. Additionally the quitter left right after our turn was over so you had like 40 seconds of sitting in the spawn room where the game could have stuck somewhere then.

I guess I just don't think things can stay the way they are. Either find a way not to punish those in a ranked game who had someone quit or matchmake people in.

Edit: and looking at the posts on this page alone it's clearly a problem.

What Blizzard needs to do is come down hard on anyone who leaves a Comp game. I know it sucks, but that includes people who DC'd and don't rejoin in time. That's the only way they can fix this problem and please everyone.

edit: Something like leave 1 game in a season = 30 minute ban from Comp, 2 games = 1 hour ban from Comp, 3 games = 12 hour ban from Comp, 4 games = Banned for the rest of the season.

duckroll

Finally got enough to currency to buy an elite skin, but paralysed by choice...

Just save up until the Summer skins are released. No point wasting currency now when they could end up releasing a legendary you really really want, and you will have saved up enough for at least one by then.

Just did a competitive match with a friend who hadn't done any placement matches yet. So it was me and a team of five placement matchers vs. a team of six placement matchers. They took the first point on Volskaya pretty fast, and nearly got point B pretty fast too in the initial push, but we managed to hold them off and kept them from taking it. Then we switch to attack...

...and four people from the other team leave.

Seriously? I'm wondering if they don't understand how competitive works since they were all placements, but they could have easily put up enough defense to stop us at point A if they tried. Leavers befuddle me.

JJShadow

Matchmaking really sucks sometimes. Just got paired against a team with an averange rank of 53, whereas ours was 59. Worst thing is that they had a three-people premade, and one of them was rank 35, level 26

Man, it was like playing 6v5, I even felt bad for them

When its good the game can't be beaten, after watching my team throw themselves into the mince machine of 5 Torbs and a Reindhart on Volskaya, we had attack for sudden death and we rolled through them in 45 seconds with them using the same set up :d

Ramirez

Matchmaking really sucks sometimes. Just got paired against a team with an averange rank of 53, whereas ours was 59. Worst thing is that they had a three-people premade, and one of them was rank 35, level 26

A level 26?! Damn!

abundant

Not to be a jerk, but there comes a time where you have to realize that you'd be better of playing QP if you want to play with a friend that has a ranking of 35, unless your ranking is just as bad of course.

Ertai

Start match, be underdog for a good 2 levels. Both teams same score on payload (0-0). Sudden death comes, we get fucked and end up attacking. We ofcourse lose and i lose more than half a level and drop from 58 to 57, how the fuck is this fair?

Kuro

watching some twitch tournament and zarya really is too op. Way too hard to kill her and her charge fills up so fast and can kill a Pharah all the way up in the air. Her ult is a complete game changer on certain maps too.

Been having fun playing offensive Baiston. Then again it is normals so it really doesn't matter. One day I will try him in ranked.

one day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Mei's spray should slow Tracer's dash as well. And should put an effect on her recall so you can visibly see her rewinding and easily track her.

Boom, Mei has a use and Tracer isn't the constant bullshit queen.
watching some twitch tournament and zarya really is too op. Way too hard to kill her and her charge fills up so fast and can kill a Pharah all the way up in the air. Her ult is a complete game changer on certain maps too.

Yep, she's been in every single game I've played for the last 2 days. Usually on both sides. Her and Tracer are the two characters I feel like I'm in crazy town when people act like they're 'fine.' Like I certainly get mad about getting killed by a Junkrat or Roadhog or whoever, but I get over it. The state of Zarya and Tracer are a nonstop question of, 'how does this continue to happen?'

Prelude.

I've never been more pissed at the game than today. I've just had a 30-ish minutes, 5 rounds match on Hanamura and nobody was writing in the chat, fucking NOBODY. I was the only one and I didn't get a single reply on what we were gonna do. Of course, we lost.
I legit have better matches on Quick Play, constantly.

Huh, interesting. What rank are you?
38. I'm stuck in solo queue hell.

And that is because only Assault Matches use the Time Bank method. It's not uncommon to have 30 - 50 minute matches due to that system.
I just had my first 30 minutes match right now after more than 100 comp matches. Too bad it was cancer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do hope there's not a stealth character added. Stealth to me indicates flanker. And the game doesn't need any more of those currently.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man ranked is fucked. About half of my placements matches were in loss because a teammate left. And it seems like it will take a lifetime to get those golden weapons.

I don't get why you'd pick Widowmaker in KOTH especially when you suck at sniping. Shouldn't have needed 2 rounds to figure out that it wasn't going to work out.

Then our Lucio decides to switch to Zenyatta when he's the only healer on the team and we just won the previous round. You just can't win with some of these people smh. So frustrating when you know it's an easily winnable match and people find a way to fuck it up.

Animator

I think Mei's spray should slow Tracer's dash as well. And should put an effect on her recall so you can visibly see her rewinding and easily track her.

Boom, Mei has a use and Tracer isn't the constant bullshit queen.

Yep, she's been in every single game I've played for the last 2 days. Usually on both sides. Her and Tracer are the two characters I feel like I'm in crazy town when people act like they're 'fine.' Like I certainly get mad about getting killed by a Junkrat or Roadhog or whoever, but I get over it. The state of Zarya and Tracer are a nonstop question of, 'how does this continue to happen?'

Both Tracer and Zarya are very high skill ceiling characters and there is absolutely nothing unbalanced about them.

The unbalance comes from being able to pick multiple of them in a team comp (seriously fuck dual zarya/tracer comps) which is being fixed with the next patch.

Both Tracer and Zarya are very high skill ceiling characters and there is absolutely nothing unbalanced about them.

The unbalance comes from being able to pick multiple of them in a team comp (seriously fuck dual zarya/tracer comps) which is being fixed with the next patch.

Yeah, I feel like Genji, Tracer and Zarya have some of the highest skill ceilings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

High skill ceiling isn't an excuse. By following that logic, everyone should switch to Tracer and Zarya eventually. Genji is a high skill ceiling as well and he flat out doesn't have the tricks or damage the Tracer has. He can't pick his fights near as well and can't flat out avoid his hard counters like Tracer can. And he'll only be worse with the head hitbox update.

Zarya's abilities give her complete control over target calling and give her some of the highest damage in the game. Some people say' 'stop shooting' but that's not the option for most teams and not what most higher level teams do. They try to wipe her out quickly if her shields are up. The fact that she can continue to melt peoples face at high energy while soaking spray damage and splash damage for teammates and arguably the best ult in the game as well as passive HP regen through the first half of her hp.

Doubles being removed will help but you're still going to see Tracer and Zarya in almost every competitive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom