• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

Just a thought but I think a simple way to "fix" D.Va would be to switch her armor to shields. Thoughts?

i don't get the whole 'fix D.Va' mentality? People that play her don't realize she has two modes: human & mecha (and sort of give up once her mecha's destoryed), and they should practice/git gud as D.Va in her human form as well as mecha, so that when the mecha's detroyed the fun REALLY begins... ;) Many of my D.Va kills happen when I'm out of the suit, tbh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i don't get the whole 'fix D.Va' mentality? People that play her don't realize she has two modes: human & mecha (and sort of give up once her mecha's destoryed), and they should practice/git gud as D.Va in her human form as well as mecha, so that when the mecha's detroyed the fun REALLY begins... ;) Many of my D.Va kills happen when I'm out of the suit, tbh.

Kind of part of the problem.

I mean I love playing as her but the buff is not a response to pub play, and more to comp play, where if you want to play her mechaless you might as well play soldier 76.

xaosslug

Kind of part of the problem.

I mean I love playing as her but the buff is not a response to pub play, and more to comp play, where if you want to play her mechaless you might as well play soldier 76.

it's not about wanting to play her mechless, but more adapting to a character? IDK, it seems weird to me to just discard D.Va's human form completely.

Antiwhippy

it's not about wanting to play her mechless, but more adapting to a character? IDK, it seems weird to me to just discard D.Va's human form completely.

That's what I'm saying though, the fact that people feel that they can kill better with her human form is part of the problem, and kind of defeats her purpose as a tank. In comp play she's used to get rid of situational torb turrets and that's about it. You can get away with a lot of shit in pubs, and I mean a lot, so in general things aren't balanced around pub play.

Anyone else not enjoying it anymore since the update? I could honestly just walk away atm.

I'm starting to but I may just be getting burned out on it. There is a part of me that is afraid of putting it down because how easy will it be to get back into in say nine months? Will the only people playing next spring be the elite masters who have been playing since launch or will this still be casual friendly?

It's a last resort form with nothing going for it. She has no health, no skills besides being able to get back in the mecha, no mobility and her gun is a terrible non-hitscan weapon that barely does more damage than some fully automatic weapons. The only thing D.Va's human form has going for her is that she's not dead, but If your mecha was killed and you aren't in a position that gets you instantly deleted then it's very, very likely you weren't doing your job to begin with.

But that wouldn't be an issue if her mecha form was actually good so this form's drawbacks were warranted. which is the crux of the issue. Her mecha is too easily downed and you're stuck with this shit afterwards.

Might just be a lower rank thing I'm currently in the low 40s but the number of ragequits have been steadily increasingt. I really don't think it should punish either team, especially their teammates that much.

I've been on the other side a vast majority of the time, but it must suck for the guys who are there playing trying to win and all of a sudden *insertnamehere* has left the game.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm starting to but I may just be getting burned out on it. There is a part of me that is afraid of putting it down because how easy will it be to get back into in say nine months? Will the only people playing next spring be the elite masters who have been playing since launch or will this still be casual friendly?

If Blizzard is good about having a steady stream of new characters / maps there should be a decent amount of casuals around since there'll be those that want to poke their head in for content updates. If they aren't able to, then I could see your scenario becoming a reality.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This poor Reaper was doing so well but every time he came for my Genji, I headshotted him with his own shotgun.

Like it was impressive how good he was aiming but how much he kept getting it blown back at him.

Moonkid

Got ranked 51 playing support most matches, sort of surprised. My last couple of games post-placement had a decent Mercy which kept things together and it was nice knowing someone had your back.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This poor Reaper was doing so well but every time he came for my Genji, I headshotted him with his own shotgun.

Like it was impressive how good he was aiming but how much he kept getting it blown back at him.
S67uIS0.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know how competitive players on any shooter play with such low sensitivity. I'd rather have the quick turns. Like the fine tuning sniping is fine but I guess you just have to get really good at arm movements.

I just had some fantastic placement matches, lol. Got matched against my teammates from the previous game, this was their reaction:

eBO71KI.png

BmMvfTl.png

It's nice when you find some cool guys to match up with/against.

(They got rekt, for the record)

And btw, what's it mean when your placement not-rank is white & gold?

finalflame

I just had some fantastic placement matches, lol. Got matched against my teammates from the previous game, this was their reaction:

eBO71KI.png

BmMvfTl.png

It's nice when you find some cool guys to match up with/against.

(They got rekt, for the record)

And btw, what's it mean when your placement not-rank is white & gold?

It's supposed to mean you're in the top 500 players in your region, but it's bugged and everyone sees it for themselves. So it means nothing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Average for pros is about 8 inches per 360... but it really depends on the type of game and weapons. Projectile players often go higher sens (for flicks) and hitscan often go lower (for tracking).

Random question but are you Ex Machina from Tagmonkey?

I don't know how competitive players on any shooter play with such low sensitivity. I'd rather have the quick turns. Like the fine tuning sniping is fine but I guess you just have to get really good at arm movements.

You get much higher accuracy with low sensitivity, and you should be able to do a full 180 turn with good wrist movement. The only reason to have a bit higher sensitivity is if you feel more comfortable doing fast flicks while scoping, or you are a freak with high dexterity using your fingers--those are usually good at tap-shooting but not sprays from what I've seen.

If you have great positioning and stay at mid-range with automatic rifles, you will notice how shit is your aim with higher sensitivity. You should play more at a higher skill game and see for yourself how your aim will be all over the place, and you will be dragging/stuttering when trying to strafe and point at a single point.

As for pros in Overwatch, they have a sensitivity of 4-6 on 800dpi. I recently changed from 4 to 5 because of Widowmaker and Pharah, but I might revert back. Widowmaker just feels awkward with aiming, as her shoot has weird start up that makes you shoot before you get that flick right (kinda have to position the scope after your target for a bit).

dab0ne

Haven't played comp yet (and don't want to after reading theses threads honestly) but man I absolutely love playing mercy. Fast healing, can escape quick, and pistol does okay damage that's great for finishing people and taking out turrets from behind Reinhardt. I've got 9 hours played as her which is twice as much as any other character. Support as her is definitely my favorite.

Same here. Ive kinda stopped worrying about my rank and just hope to win to get points for gold weapons. I'm losing way more than I'm winning but what can I expect when playing only with randoms

I'm here. There is just nothing I can do about it so no point worrying. My lifestyle doesn't lend itself to grouping up as I might have to leave or get up and do something after a match way too often so I have to play solo.

Thing is I don't even know if I should continue playing because as it stands right now losses (which I know very well) don't get you anything other than a half-hour of your time and another rank down the drain.

Ramirez

You should be destroying them as pharrah though. :p

Pharah isn't suited for all of the KOTH maps, and a good 76 can make her not much of a problem as well. Doesn't really matter when 2 Reaper's are busting everyone on the ground, one person can only do so much, heh.

Canucked

Those matches when you see an enemy Hanzo running around everywhere and standing in the open lining up shots getting killed by torb's gun...you know the enemy team hates that Hanzo. You know he's not switching or even trying another strategy. His mercy isn't healing him anymore.

I guess he's having fun tho.

Antiwhippy

Eh if the loss was a good game it's still a good game. I've had losses go right down the wire and it feels draining to lose but in the end you know what, it was fun.

Quick question for players on console or people who play console/PC.

What settings do you set on your console as far as sensitivity? I play with 800dpi on a 7 in game on PC for reference.

Right now I usually use a Xbox Elite controller on my PS4 with default sensitivity. Tried messing around with settings and haven't really found something that works. I usually play roadhog, soldier, reaper, or supports on console.

We go up 1-0 in KOTH in very dominant fashion. Then my team decides they want to be Widowmaker and Symmetra and we get creamed three in a row. What did I do to deserve this?

Moonkeis

Right now I usually use a Xbox Elite controller on my PS4 with default sensitivity. Tried messing around with settings and haven't really found something that works. I usually play roadhog, soldier, reaper, or supports on console.

The elite is compatible on the ps4? Didn't know that.

Veelk

Banned
So I just learned the hard way that Reinhardt blocks D.Va's ult.

Like, completely.

Without even taking any damage. Without even losing any shield hit points.

Why....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom