• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
My most satisfying "fuuuuuuuck you" kills are mostly against tracers.

Tracer and Mei compete for the most enjoyable kills of Overwatch, but I give the edge to Mei, if only because she doesn't feel like she requires as much skill to be a pain in the ass. I tried playing with Tracer and I still haven't gotten the hang of blinking in and out of battles. With mei, it's just.....

meiface.jpg

idk, with tracer, she's hard to hit, but when you do it's over quickly. with mei, you can hit her easily enough, but then she'll ice block or ice wall or freeze you or ult and ew.

it's dumb, because I like her design and I like her as a concept but I hate playing as or against her.

caesar

Banned
God I hate playing with teams that play sheepishly in sudden death, just get the whole team behind rein's shield and have lucio speed boost us into the point. Honestly works nearly every time. Heros like Symmetra and torb are total crap vs rushes.

Mine is when there is an annoying Genji on the other team and you finally manage to hook him then one shot him. I feel twice as happy after doing that every time. Although I guess Tracer could be in the exact same situation. Either way is a win for me!

Kain

People can complain about Mei, but dat feeling when you freeze a Genji to death

8lhd4.jpg

I feel Mei is one of the best counters to a good Genji, even if he can easily get in and out he'll be afraid to freeze and will probably avoid Mei at all times.

Winston is the best counter to Genji because he can actually chase Genji down. Mei can't keep up, so Genji just runs away and finds another straggler to charge up his broken-as-shit-Dragonblade ultimate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Scattering a tracer, knowing that she's feeling 3 x the pain of her 150 health bar, knowing that she's suffering more...

Feels good.

Y'know.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Winston is the best counter to Genji because he can actually chase Genji down. Mei can't keep up, so Genji just runs away and finds another straggler to charge up his broken-as-shit-Dragonblade ultimate.

Yeah, Winston vs. Genji is one of the hardest counters in the game I feel.

Though it sucks when a really good Genji is tormenting your team, but they also have a Roadhog and a Reaper which makes swapping to him rough.

Yeah, Winston vs. Genji is one of the hardest counters in the game I feel.

Though it sucks when a really good Genji is tormenting your team, but they also have a Roadhog and a Reaper which makes swapping to him rough.

Winston is also a straight-up counter to Symmetra.

Her turret nests are basically one-shotted. The effective range of their primaries are about the same but he has 300 more health pool. And his leap makes getting to the backfield to sniff out teleporters a lot easier.

She can shoot through his bubble, though.

Antiwhippy

Be ready to see a lot less winstons once zenyetta goes live.

Because having a backline squishy that isn't so squishy and can take out winston 1 on 1?

RIP in peace.

Azoor

Because having a backline squishy that isn't so squishy and can take out winston 1 on 1?

RIP in peace.

Our poor monkey friend :(

Although I almost always choose him in Volskaya if I was on attack.

abundant

RIP in peace.

I never thought of that. Will be interesting to see what the Zen buff does to Winston in pro tournaments.

Antiwhippy

That's the thing about this patch. It not only buffs zen, but also the person that is most capable of taking out his natural predators.

Sulik2

I'm starting to get frustrated with Overwatch. Its a really good game, but the need to get at least four people on who can communicate and play together to have any chance of winning is starting to get old. I wish there was a no party, no groups playlist so you could have a chance if you just want to play solo. Terrible team comps and no one working together seems to be getting worse when you just solo.

Prelude.

I'll ask again since this is a more EU-friendly time, but is there a gaf EU PC group? Or just people that are playing with a team of 2-3 and want an addition.
It'd be nice to play with a team of non-braindead/toxic people sometimes.

Kain

They nerfed Zen's damage a bit in return for all the buffs, right? Doesn't sound like a big deal, he could still peel off most people in a couple of shots (with discord on). Still, as a Zen enthusiast, I need a movement option that doesn't rely on the Ult. He needs a teleport, he's a fucking levitating Dhalsim lookalike robot for fucks sake

Apathy

75 damage per second is garbage in Overwatch. Especially with zero headshot capability. But 75 healing per second and double that with grenade buff is holy shit incredible. If you have hurt teammates, especially tanks and you're shooting enemies instead of healing, you're compromising the thing that will help your team the most and also you're compromising your ult generation speed.

No need to tell me, in the one seeing it first hand on the ptr. I'm trying to get people ready for the ana shit show that's going to start. And the fact that QP won't hand limits, for the first, I'd say 3-4 weeks you'll get double or triple ana on your team, with at least 2 of them trying to long range snipe DPS and when you ask them to switch they'll reply "this is QP direct matter bro, I'm practicing".

JJShadow

RIP in peace.

I dont want that Zen buff to happen because of this. I really love playing as Winston, I find him quite balanced and is my hero to go in KOTH maps, but that Zen buff is gonna hurt him a lot :(

Btw, just got the Anger management trophy with him using Primal Rage in Nepal, it felt sooo good

abundant

They nerfed Zen's damage a bit in return for all the buffs, right? Doesn't sound like a big deal, he could still peel off most people in a couple of shots (with discord on). Still, as a Zen enthusiast, I need a movement option that doesn't rely on the Ult. He needs a teleport, he's a fucking levitating Dhalsim lookalike robot for fucks sake

The way Zen is now in the PTR, a mobility skill on top of all the other buffs he got would make him incredibly OP.

Ugh, I had a guy playing McCree on the enemy team a while back, and even though his team lost in the end, he still wouldn't stop crowing about how many times he had killed my Tracer. PotG even featured him taking me out, and he had to make a big deal about that even though it was seconds before the rest of my team pushed the payload and won. Admittedly not one of my better matches, but dude, killing me a hundred times doesn't make your team lose any less. Some of the people in this game, I swear...

Veelk

Banned
Mei fun fact #5: Mei keeps her parents frozen in cryostasis as a power play of dominance against them. They've been frozen since the fall of the Overwatch. They are, and have been the entire time, fully conscious.

(I'm just gonna keep doing these every time Mei annoys me)

Edit: I should go after Mei, not Mei players, so I edited it. The one I just played was actually pretty good and it was a close and well played match. It just didn't make it any less annoying to fight against her. I really wish I could murder that stupid robot when she does her ult. Again, if I can shoot down Junkrat's tire, why can't I shoot down that little robot head?

Ugh, I had a guy playing McCree on the enemy team a while back, and even though his team lost in the end, he still wouldn't stop crowing about how many times he had killed my Tracer. PotG even featured him taking me out, and he had to make a big deal about that even though it was seconds before the rest of my team pushed the payload and won. Admittedly not one of my better matches, but dude, killing me a hundred times doesn't make your team lose any less. Some of the people in this game, I swear...

Heh, I had a match on Gibraltar where the enemy Genji & Tracer would take turns trying to kill me as Zarya. Kept em distracted long enough for the rest of my team to push the objective. It was weird but I didn't complain about the MMR lol.

Prelude.

I really wish I could murder that stupid robot when she does her ult. Again, if I can shoot down Junkrat's tire, why can't I shoot down that little robot head?
Because you can actually run away from her ult even if you're hit and it does not 600 damage.

Veelk

Banned
Because you can actually run away from her ult even if you're hit and it does not 600 damage.

People say that, and I tried, but by the time I was aware of it, it's usually too late, and I don't remember seeing anyone else manage to get away.

The only time I do manage it is by coincidence. I'm right at the very edge. Maybe I need to use some kind of dash ability, like D.Va's boosters, but again, by the time I notice it, it's usually too late.

I did 9k+/35% of damage healing as Mercy in a match and people told me to play better

everyone was taking different approaches to the point so idk how I was supposed to do better when there's literally only one of me

I should just turn off chat again omg

BigDug13

McCree is the hard counter for tracer, so it's not like he performed any miracles here.

Can someone point me to where I can read about the character changes that are coming up? I keep reading people referring to them.... Thanks 🙂

Holy crap, Seagull is rank 70 something on PTR and he got matched with people in the 30s. Wow, just wow, that's hilarious.

I’d imagine the playbase on the PTR is really small, so it leads to issues like this. The other day I was watching a stream and the guy was waiting +5 minutes for matches and he just kept getting matched against the same premade.

I think Roadhog is a very, very good Tracer counter. Especially with the hitbox on his hook atm. Will be interesting to see if that changes.

Is his hitbox fucked up? Are there videos showing this? I always thought it was accurate 90% of the time...still has the odd clipping issue, but honestly that's because the hook seems hitscan, despite the chain animation, so it looks wacky on kill cams at times.

On the flip side, an opposing McCree really sucks for Zen as well.

Personally, I don't care. Buffed Zenyatta is my spirit animal.

Zen, even with the nerf, is still OP. Going from 45 to 40 damage on the orbs after Discord is hardly anything.

Prelude.

People say that, and I tried, but by the time I was aware of it, it's usually too late, and I don't remember seeing anyone else manage to get away.

The only time I do manage it is by coincidence. I'm right at the very edge. Maybe I need to use some kind of dash ability, like D.Va's boosters, but again, by the time I notice it, it's usually too late.
Yeah, you need to use their abilities. Check this video. (Some are pretty BS since he's using their ult, but still. Also, Mei can't escape, but she can avoid the effects of the ult.)

Apathy

Best Roadhog hook ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAV6Z0RR0aw#t=21m43s

(Timestamp: 21:43 if you're on mobile or the direct timestamp link doesn't work for you)

The whole hook needs to be looked at properly, things like that should not happen

Yeah, you need to use their abilities. Check this video. (Some are pretty BS since he's using their ult, but still. Also, Mei can't escape, but she can avoid the effects of the ult.)

But that is just looking at it in a vacuum. It disregards the fact that there are other people around to help the mei or the fact the other team has to stand their ground to contest a point or people having to use their movement abilities to get in and them being on cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom