• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
People say that, and I tried, but by the time I was aware of it, it's usually too late, and I don't remember seeing anyone else manage to get away.

The only time I do manage it is by coincidence. I'm right at the very edge. Maybe I need to use some kind of dash ability, like D.Va's boosters, but again, by the time I notice it, it's usually too late.

Are you reacting to the bot or to Mei's voice? You should be reacting to Mei's voice, that's why it's so loud. As soon as you hear "Dong zhu," you should probably just take off running.

Once the blizzard is down, D.Va or Pharah can maybe get out but otherwise you're pretty screwed.

NeoRaider

Can't believe i did this with Tracer, it wasn't even a long match.

6R0zFAM.jpg

But we lost. :(

Anbec7

Doubtful. All patches usually pit PC first and it hasn't done that yet. It's still in the PTR phase, so I'd be suprised if PC got it tomorrow.

No, they confirmed on the Ana dev stream on PlayOverwatch YouTube that it will be next week at the earliest.

Thanks for the info!

Also I read somewhere that we will get some Sombra news during the San Diego Comic con ? Since I've been a little out of the loop how true is this?

Prelude.

But that is just looking at it in a vacuum. It disregards the fact that there are other people around to help the mei or the fact the other team has to stand their ground to contest a point or people having to use their movement abilities to get in and them being on cooldown.
Any skill in the game can be fatal given the right circumstances, but that's how you go out of Mei's ult.

Danj

I tweeted @PlayOverwatch and @BlizzardCSEU_EN to suggest they should add video export for the highlights/POTGs and they said to post it on their forums.

So I did.

Dunno if that forum has like upvoting or whatever but if you guys can bump that thread so it gets noticed or something? That would be great.

Because I honestly think this should be a no-brainer feature on PC. Not needed on console because they already have OS built in video sharing.

Ballistik

I feel that I keep going through phases over who is the most annoying character. At first it was Mei.. then it became Tracer. While Tracer is still annoying, the past few days it's been Pharah who keeps getting on my nerves. So difficult to shoot in the air, especially when there's a Mercy following her around.
*Console player*

Ramirez

I feel that I keep going through phases over who is the most annoying character. At first it was Mei.. then it became Tracer. While Tracer is still annoying, the past few days it's been Pharah who keeps getting on my nerves. So difficult to shoot in the air, especially when there's a Mercy following her around.
*Console player*

If the Soldier nerf hits consoles too, I'm honestly a little afraid as to what Pharah will be able to accomplish. I struggle to take them out now unless my ult is up, and most random Soldier's I play with don't handle her at all.

She seems to be the most likely chracter for console players to just forget about entirely, because most people can't do anything to her.

If the Soldier nerf hits consoles too, I'm honestly a little afraid as to what Pharah will be able to accomplish. I struggle to take them out now unless my ult is up, and most random Soldier's I play with don't handle her at all.

She seems to be the most likely chracter for console players to just forget about entirely, because most people can't do anything to her.
Soldier nay be getting nerfed, but McCree is getting a range buff, so Pharah will probably fall down the drain and you will probably see a bit less of her. McCree does an insane amount of damage with the buff at range, it's insane.

Ramirez

Soldier nay be getting nerfed, but McCree is getting a range buff, so Pharah will probably fall down the drain and you will probably see a bit less of her. McCree does an insane amount of damage with the buff at range, it's insane.

McCree is probably the hardest character to aim with on consoles and do consistent damage, but I guess we'll see.

McCree is the hard counter for tracer, so it's not like he performed any miracles here.

Yeah, I probably should have switched off her after the McCree killed me a couple of times, but I had kicked so much ass with her capturing the point on Kings Row (including catching a Widowmaker crouched on the statue completely unaware from behind) that I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Oh, well, we still won in the end, and lesson learned.

Can't believe i did this with Tracer, it wasn't even a long match.

But we lost. :(

Having been playing a lot of Tracer and Reaper lately, there's nothing worse than the feeling of playing a flanker, doing a damn good job of taking out enemies, but the rest of your team never following up on it and making the push.

Just got this game yesterday and had lots of fun. Something that happen to me; we started a match and the opposing team was at our spawn outside waiting for the door to open. I stayed inside and was able to snipe 3 but I got kicked out for inactivity. Has this happen to anyone?

NeoRaider

Having been playing a lot of Tracer and Reaper lately, there's nothing worse than the feeling of playing a flanker, doing a damn good job of taking out enemies, but the rest of your team never following up on it and making the push.

So true. Most of the time i feel like i am playing alone. And without Mercy or Lucio it's even harder. But Recall is amazing thing, when you time it well.

Btw. What they did to McCree? Because he is killing me with 2 shoots now from the distance?

And what are they doing to Soldier 76? I missed that.

Ramirez

Blizzard HAS to implement some sort of tier system in ranked. There is no reason a level 49 should be in a game with 70s. It's so mind boggling stupid. I don't care if you lose less XP, it shouldn't happen to begin with.

Coming off of Halo 5's Arena, this stuff just feels so half assed as far as competitive matchmaking.

duckroll

Blizzard HAS to implement some sort of tier system in ranked. There is no reason a level 49 should be in a game with 70s. It's so mind boggling stupid. I don't care if you lose less XP, it shouldn't happen to begin with.

Coming off of Halo 5's Arena, this stuff just feels so half assed as far as competitive matchmaking.

What does Halo 5 do if friends with varied levels group up?

Nimby

Banned
So true. Most of the time i feel like i am playing alone. And without Mercy or Lucio it's even harder. But Recall is amazing thing, when you time it well.

Btw. What they did to McCree? Because he is killing me with 2 shoots now from the distance?

And what are they doing to Soldier 76? I missed that.

McCree's damage used to drop off at a distance, but now he does 75 damage consistently except at really long ranges. With Mercy damage buffing you, and some good aim, you can one shot people.

I'm not sure what they did to Soldier, but I think they altered the spread on his rifle.

Anne

McCree's damage used to drop off at a distance, but now he does 75 damage consistently except at really long ranges. With Mercy damage buffing you, and some good aim, you can one shot people.

I'm not sure what they did to Soldier, but I think they altered the spread on his rifle.

Really small nitpick, McCree does 70 damage, not 75. The exact range his left click falls of now is after 10m, it's pretty huge :<. With Mercy damage boost back down to 30% he can't one shot 200 health heroes like that anymore though.

Soldier's spread doesn't begin to reset immediately when he stops shooting, there's a tiny delay on PTR. I heard that got reverted but I never confirmed if it's still there or not.

mxgt

Banned

Would prefer a ladder/tier system too personally. Something like Starcraft and HOTS has.

Numbers don't feel as satisfying to me!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm in level 54-55 Hell

Win one, lose one, win one, lose one

Had my first 3 matches have quitters @ character select or Defense set up phase...
I mean come the fuck on...

Solo is goddamn annoying, especially with Sudden Death, I think out of my 10 SD's, one has been on Defend, all have been Attack, like only won 2 of those

I only play maybe 2-3 games before was 15+, too annoying with leavers or no team communication
Been playing Paragon more, at least, in that at least players fucking respond back
Tapping L1 and Circle twice gives me "I need help", they even show you how to shortcut messages, so you can literally speed dial the message and still play

I'll countlessly say my Ultimate is ready, not one goes Understood or Group Up, its mostly oh hey my ultimate is only 27%... Thanks Reaper!
I'll use my Ultimate say as Pharah get double/triple kill, dieing, then random ass Lucio breaks it down at my death... Like where were you 2 secs ago...

They need to let's us customize that communication wheel
Let us setup what a player needs to relay
Should be given options, like do you really need Thanks I would like to swap out it with Using my Ultimate...
Would be nice my Ultate is Ready, then setup, and say Using Ultimate

benzopil

McCree is probably the hardest character to aim with on consoles and do consistent damage, but I guess we'll see.

He's easier for me than Soldier. but I became pretty good with Soldier on PS4.

Reached rank 65 on PS4 today. It may not be the greatest achievement but for me it's a pretty amazing result. I'm afraid of losing everything tomorrow tho :D

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

The best is when my main focus is to kill those Soldiers first, so many are aloof to look up
Then 2 rockets later :76 dead, 10-15 seconds of free eliminations or harassment to the other team, repeat

Good Genji or Soldier do a good job of keeping me at bay, but that's a rare occurrence

*Console player*

Good picks, but the most annoying to me is a great Genji. So satisfying once you kill them.

Ramirez

What does Halo 5 do if friends with varied levels group up?

It matches you based on the highest ranked person, but people generally don't group up with mixed skill levels because you're going to get fucked hard. I think this is what Overwatch is doing as well.

I'm speaking more as a solo que player here. I never encountered Gold tier players in Halo, which is what I would equate the 40s of OW to. Yet I'm matched with level 40 people all the time, and the teams are so obviously fucked it's not even fun. Most of the time it is groups. I get that people want to play with their friends, but I'd rather it not be at my expense.

I doubt we'd ever see a solo que playlist in such a team oriented game, but the MM needs to at least be improved to where you're not being matched with or against people 20 ranks below you.

Jokab

Fuck this man. Played ranked with a friend that hasn't played in a while, he was doing his placements. I feel like I'm doing super well every game, like averaging a cool 65 elims on Soldier on point defenses, but still we lose. I get at least three gold in every match and completely busting my averages. Wtf am I doing wrong. Played some Pharah too and did super well with her too. So frustrating when you are completely owning and you still lose. I'm doing my best not to blame him but he either instapicks Hanzo or goes bastion on point defense, or D.Va who honestly is pretty trash.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The whole hook needs to be looked at properly, things like that should not happen

But that is just looking at it in a vacuum. It disregards the fact that there are other people around to help the mei or the fact the other team has to stand their ground to contest a point or people having to use their movement abilities to get in and them being on cooldown.

I mean yes.

It's an ult.

Whose whole point is to deny an area.

Do people complain about how you can regularly team wipe with graviton surge to take point? Because i do that, or have been part of wombo combos that secured quintuple kills, way more often.

Save a graviton surge and you can regularly take out point b in quick fashion.

I feel like they fixed something with the ranking system. When the other team leaves you still get full exp. When I do well and lose I seem to hardly lose rank. When I do well and we win I go up almost a full level. When I hold my own in a game full of 70+'s I go up a full level etc.

Also I know this is all anecdotal but when I group up my win rate is way worse. Because you face other groups. In general I've been pleased with my randoms, There is the occasional asshole but that is to be expected. Once you get to the 58-60's people know what they are doing and randoms can form a great team. And they always seem to listen, even if they don't talk.

0ONasw8.jpg

This team was awesome.

Drewfonse

Symmetra is a blast to play as, given the right circumstances. So many fun characters.

Is Sym viable on defense for payload? Is she only suited to stationary areas on defense?

benzopil

Also I know this is all anecdotal but when I group up my win rate is way worse. Because you face other groups. In general I've been pleased with my randoms, There is the occasional asshole but that is to be expected. Once you get to the 58-60's people know what they are doing and randoms can form a great team. And they always seem to listen, even if they don't talk.

Yeah that's why I play solo or with 1 friend. If you have more in your party it could end up pretty bad.

Kito

I'm doing my best not to blame him but he either instapicks Hanzo or goes bastion on point defense, or D.Va who honestly is pretty trash.

Funnily enough Hanzo and Bastion are the only 2 characters where I think 'time to ride out a loss'.

Bastion is only good in sudden death defence or payload defence at the final checkpoint, and most Hanzo players suck; in critical moments they are simply no help.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Symmetra is a blast to play as, given the right circumstances. So many fun characters.

Is Sym viable on defense for payload? Is she only suited to stationary areas on defense?

Certain maps for me. Dorado before the first checkpoint is good because the archway is a serious chokepoint. Route 66 is too open. Kings route is good because it has really narrow streets.

Jokab

Funnily enough Hanzo and Bastion are the only 2 characters where I think 'time to ride out a loss'.

Bastion is only good in sudden death defence or payload defence at the final checkpoint, and most Hanzo players suck; in critical moments they are simply no help.

Yeah agreed. Hanzo can be good in payload attack imo, but not in many other scenarios unless you're really good with him.

Also I tell him "yeah maybe don't go bastion on koth maps" and then when we lose he goes "well I don't know really I don't play much". Well I JUST told you.

abundant

It seems that the sweet spot is a three person group. That way you never have the misfortune of playing with no pre made teams vs. multiple pre made teams.

Nimby

Banned
Nothing. It's just that when stacked, Torb becomes a real pain in the ass to deal with, especially when playing with randoms.

Stacked Torb hasn't been giving me nearly as much trouble on comp. We stomped a stack on Hollywood pretty hard the other day.

Symmetra and Torb seem really gimmicky in comp. play.

LAM09

That's pretty much a given. When consoles get the Ana patch, it will include the Torb nerf. And even if it doesn't happen, Torb Stacking will no longer be a problem in Comp due to hero limits.

I didn't realise the hero limit was coming with the Ana patch. Looking forward to it.

I feel like they fixed something with the ranking system. When the other team leaves you still get full exp. When I do well and lose I seem to hardly lose rank. When I do well and we win I go up almost a full level. When I hold my own in a game full of 70+'s I go up a full level etc.

0ONasw8.jpg

This team was awesome.

I've instituted a 3 person party MAX with my friends. If they want to play with more, I just exclude myself and play solo ranked. Most of the time though, I don't even like groups of 3, I try to just invite 1 person to play and if more people see us playing, I switch to QuickPlay.

Randoms at the high 50s are usually great like you said and know when to switch classes and generally just know what their roles are.

I think she is a bad choice for Payload defense beyond the first cap, and on some Payload maps, she downright should not be used. Her strength is KOTH still and the permanent chokepoints on those maps.

I can't wait till this season ends and I can get out of this lvl40 hell - 62 kills, 45 obj kills 28k damage and we lose 3-1 because we had 2 tracers, one of whom was shit

KiraFA37

Day 3 playing Overwatch, go for Mercy since the team has no supports yet and I don't want to go Lucio again. Get praise from entire team for playing a good Mercy #feelsgood. Steadily advancing my levels and am 18 now, a couple of days more and I can check out what this competitive mode is all about.

Anne

1st point payload defense and hybrid maps are actually where she sees the most competitive play.

Outside of that she's p meh

I think she is a bad choice for Payload defense beyond the first cap, and on some Payload maps, she downright should not be used. Her strength is KOTH still and the permanent chokepoints on those maps.

Nooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom