• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
I love it when you're Lucio and the team starts off with a decent comp, then some dude decides to ruin it by switching from Reinhardt to Junkrat, when we already had one.

Ramirez

yWT3eEM.jpg

How do I outheal a Mercy with 1200 healing? sigh

We didn't even get the Payload to the gas station.

cyborg009

Banned

This is crazy to me, what system is this on? I was SR 64 at one point, and for some reason had some of the worst teammates who were higher rating than me. But when I dropped to mid 50s, my teammates where considerably better, like these people cared about the objective while higher SR teammies where dying trying to flank the enemy 1 by 1.

abundant

This is crazy to me, what system is this on? I was SR 64 at one point, and for some reason had some of the worst teammates who were higher rating than me. But when I dropped to mid 50s, my teammates where considerably better, like these people cared about the objective while higher SR teammies where dying trying to flank the enemy 1 by 1.
PS4.

Superflat

Just played 5 full rounds of KOTH in competitive.

Lost the first two rounds, then won the next three. SO harrowing.

All for a small percentage raise of a bar lol

Went up a rank tho, so eeeey

Just played 5 full rounds of KOTH in competitive.

Lost the first two rounds, then won the next three. SO harrowing.

All for a small percentage raise of a bar lol

Went up a rank tho, so eeeey

Never had that feeling. My rank has only went down since I started playing competitive :/

gonna try and increase my accuracy with lucio. sometimes my mouse sensitivity goes wonky (too fast) then too slow. but when it's right it's right. logitech plz.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
30ish average are a leaver's fest from my experience. Though I've only experienced the other side leaving. Don't know why the game keeps putting me in games where I was like 6 levels above the next highest level player.

Got into a 28 average once which was an... experience. Nobody left though.

Damn, had one of the worst turnarounds in a game I've ever seen. The enemy team was on Attack on Route 66 and started with five Genjis and one Mercy. As I was playing Symmetra, I was grinning from ear to ear, setting up turrets on the payload while frying every Genji that came in close. We were holding them basically at the spawn point for most of the match, then at some point, somehow they started turning the tide, hitting multiple ults in a row and pushing the payload halfway through the map literally while in OT the whole time. We started switching to Winstons and were holding pretty good, but then the other team started switching up too. The Mercy switched to Soldier, one of the Genjis turned to Reaper. They did it so subtly that the rest of the team didn't notice that there were only two Genjis left until our Winstons were getting slaughtered by the new team makeup, and by then it was too late. By the time the end of the match came and the payload hit the finish line, I was halfway between annoyed at losing a match that we had by all accounts nearly won (and would have under the new OT rules, were they in place) and admiring the other team for actually managing to recover from a joke lineup to clean our clocks.

30ish average are a leaver's fest from my experience. Though I've only experienced the other side leaving. Don't know why the game keeps putting me in games where I was like 6 levels above the next highest level player.

Got into a 28 average once which was an... experience. Nobody left though.

By next week, I'll probably be at like rank 10 in the rate I'm going lol. I have accepted the fact that I suck at this game and don't care about my rank, but I will continue playing cause its really fun.

Antiwhippy

By next week, I'll probably be at like rank 10 in the rate I'm going lol. I have accepted the fact that I suck at this game and don't care about my rank, but I will continue playing cause its really fun.

You'll plateau, don't worry about it. I felt really bad when I collapsed from 49 to 40, but now I'm hovering around 43-45.

Superflat

Gotta work towards them golden guns man. Season 1's more like a test run anyway.

I'm just playing it because they are generally more intense than QP, which means I can at least improve my own play (and get competitive points for mah golden gun)

Ramirez

Just got matched with an 80 & 81, the other team had a 48, lol. We capped with no resistance then half of the team quit. Amazing MM at work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weird thing, but I've noticed I went down 1 sensitivity setting on Overwatch from 4 to 3 and I'm really not noticing a difference at all unlike previous times. IS it something to do with my DPI and off numbers or something?

LiK

Shitty night. Only 1 win and 4 losses. Went down a rank. Last game everyone left except me and a Gaffer.

Gonna try one more game.

Bootsy

I appreciate it when there's a healthy variety of skill levels in competitive team games. It provides players a chance to stretch their abilities and improve by playing alongside better players. When there's no skill variance it's too easy to stagnate.

LiK

Won one with randoms. Had a real good Zarya,

Won second with randoms. Enemy team all left lol didn't get leaver XP penalty. Guess they fixed it.

eek5

If it didn't go far it was a combination of short match, unskilled mercy, shitty team that split up and left mercy in really bad position; unable to guardian angel around to heal the team, and enemy team that was mercy hunting

gonna try and increase my accuracy with lucio. sometimes my mouse sensitivity goes wonky (too fast) then too slow. but when it's right it's right. logitech plz.

High accuracy with lucio just means you aren't shooting enough. Gotta lay that suppression fire when you're dancing around

This game's matchmaking is terrible at times. Two groups of three vs all solo. Seriously? You couldn’t have put one of those teams on the other side to even it out. Oh and we lost to bullshit Sudden Death, seriously fuck this game sometimes.

My next game was 3 groups of 2 vs all solo. Guess Blizzard just likes to troll me or something, fuck this game tonight.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hey I got a free win when our team went 4 winston on attack on gib at least
Swapped to attacking torb to seal the deal with molten core
Just curious though. How do people know that it's group vs solo?
There's a line on the vertical side with a icon of a person in comp

Borden

Neo Member
Some earlier in here said good Mercy's were getting a 3-6 elimations average. I may or may not have disputed that. *I don't remember if I actually posted what I thought.* To their credit, I believe this is true now.

Veelk

Banned
I'm at the point where matches can be a total crap shoot. Nearly at Level 60 now. I been matched up against level 60-70, which is okay, levels 80-100, which is kind of bad, and from there up to level 300, which I might as well give up. I've also been put up in groups as low as level 20s.

I know that your rank may not be an indication of your skill, but still, come on.

Antiwhippy

Hey I got a free win when our team went 4 winston on attack on gib at least
Swapped to attacking torb to seal the deal with molten core

There's a line on the vertical side with a icon of a person in comp

Ah alright. I thought it would show up green like it does when you're in a group.

Some earlier in here said good Mercy's were getting a 3-6 elimations average. I may or may not have disputed that. *I don't remember if I actually posted what I thought.* To their credit, I believe this is true now.

I had to keep taking out this bastion sitting on the payload on attack when I was playing mercy because my whole team kept dying to him.

True story.

Borden

Neo Member
I had to keep taking out this bastion sitting on the payload on attack when I was playing mercy because my whole team kept dying to him.

True story.
Either your team is really good and doesn't need much healing (rare) or everyone is leaving an enemy untouched. Usually, it's enemies that are up a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom