• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it's not like I'm just hunting this bastion down. The bastion will take a few people out, the people I'm healing are seemingly afraid of taking it out, so someone's gotta do it.

I took a SS cause fuck this game!

Huh, guess I was missing the obvious.

Dalek

Damn why is it that whenever I'm Mercy or Lucio no one ever votes for me at the end-even though I do a ton of healing.

I recently got the game and got to level 10 in 3 hours, which i'm sure is pretty bad lmao. This game is so much fun. I played Hanzo, Reaper, and Soldier and been having so mych fun with them, but I don't know if they're considered "cheap" or "noob" characters. I had a really good match with Soldier where I basically kept the checkpoint barely alive by myself, and was putting in 120% effort. We still lost but it was so much fun, and I got 5 gold medals from it so that was some good XP.

LiK

Fucking Reaper. Kept targeting me as Lucio through the whole match, fucking bitch. I just wanna reach 55. Lost a shitload of XP from that loss.

finalflame

Fucking Reaper. Kept targeting me as Lucio through the whole match, fucking bitch. I just wanna reach 55. Lost a shitload of XP from that loss.

So, a Reaper doing his job? :p I always go for healers first, whether it's as Reaper, Roadhog, or Pharah.

Borden

Neo Member
Damn why is it that whenever I'm Mercy or Lucio no one ever votes for me at the end-even though I do a ton of healing.

I play Mercy unless some else takes her and I get a ton of unjustified votes. It seems she gets votes unless someone has an amazing game. I've also noticed that when you revive late in the game you'll always get at least 2 votes.

On the note of voting, I almost never vote for Tracer. The only time I do is when you can tell it's a very good player who completely carried the team (win or lose). Why don't I vote for Tracer? Because she is garbage on console. People don't have the accuracy to stop her. She literally glitches around the map but she still deals enough damage to get kills.

Borden

Neo Member
Ults need to have their fill speed reduced. Every ult is a game changing ability and teams will just get in a cycle where it's one after another.

Borden

Neo Member
it's where the fun is at for both sides, it's fine
It might at the moment but I've noticed it getting progressively worse. Nothing else matters, it's just shooting ults at each other. Routes, team work, hand-eye skills, communication, etc. doesn't matter when it's just huge explosions and massive attacks one after another.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At a certain level if you're not co-ordinating your ults or using it in a correct situation, ults get shut down real quick.

Sorry, should've clarified.

Decent distance, using the alt-fire, one-shot 200+ health

Think of it as roadhog projecting himself a certain distance to shoot his primary fire.

Spacing it is really tricky, though of course you just spam and hope you get a lucky shot.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Only when I'm the Reaper.

Am I the only one that finds Roadhog's gun to be the most random shit in the game?

I think it's more the hook over the shotgun itself. Not even the funky hooks that toss people to your side/back, but the distance in front of you isn't really consistent, and you need to compensate for the heavy spread to get as many pellets to hit as possible. Walking forward a bit usually helps but sometimes it still drops them too far.

ISOM

It might at the moment but I've noticed it getting progressively worse. Nothing else matters, it's just shooting ults at each other. Routes, team work, hand-eye skills, communication, etc. doesn't matter when it's just huge explosions and massive attacks one after another.

Uh, using ults require team work on any good team.

exYle

At a certain level if you're not co-ordinating your ults or using it in a correct situation, ults get shut down real quick.

Think of it as roadhog projecting himself a certain distance to shoot his primary fire.

Spacing it is really tricky, though of course you just spam and hope you get a lucky shot.

I love Roadhog.

But fuck Roadhog.

_Legacy_

Randoms are so dumb sometimes.

Tell me about it, I just don't know what can be done to weed these people out.People that have zero care for the objective or any awareness.I played with a friend and some randoms last night on Numbani, against an underdog team. One of the underdogs quit midway and we should have won 6 v 5, all we had to do was push.

Our randoms decided to all go Pharah and do absolutely nothing but fire rockets form the sky whilst me and my friend tried our best to push the objective. We lost and proceeded to block all the people we played with, I hope we never play with them again. Stuff like this is so annoying.

Borden

Neo Member
Uh, using ults require team work on any good team.
Not that much though. Really. It just requires not using DPS attacks at the same time, in the same place.

I'm not saying to nerf damage or anything just build up time. It would only make it more important to coordinate with you team.

LiK

Back down to 53. One more match and I guess I'll take a break. Got work in like 3 hours lol

I was so close to 55 and then it's gone.

I've gone from 57 to 42 since competitive started. Fucking soul destroying.

Is it even possible to finish a competitive game with all 12 people still connected? I don't think I've ever witnessed it.
Even when my side is winning someone gets disconnected and other people just up and leave because of it. Ridiculous.

And why does that big red box have to cover the score/percentages? Why does it need to be there for the rest of the game?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm fine with ults for the most part but the main part that bugs me is when you stop one early and they maintain a bunch of percent. McCree cancel for 50% is fine, but when I kill a Genji right when I see the dragon I wish it would be 0%, not 90 whatever so he can just run back and do it again.

_Legacy_

I've gone from 57 to 42 since competitive started. Fucking soul destroying.

Is it even possible to finish a competitive game with all 12 people still connected? I don't think I've ever witnessed it.
Even when my side is winning someone gets disconnected and other people just up and leave because of it. Ridiculous.

And why does that big red box have to cover the score/percentages? Why does it need to be there for the rest of the game?

I dropped from 53 to 43 and share the soul destroying sentiment. I just don't know how you're expected to get back up without having a full team of friends to play all the time. I'm constantly getting paired with people who just don't focus enough on the objective.

LiK

Oh man, 54 to 52 in one night. I guess I should've quit while I was ahead. Playing with randoms is quite infuriating when some of them refuse to rush objectives or they don't group up. Gonna need to play with my usual groups again to move back up. 55 is my goal for this season and I screwed myself. Lol

lupinko

I'm thinking about jumping into Overwatch, by any chance do PC and PS4 share account info or have cross play or anything like that? I'm interested in both.

Sorry, should've clarified.

Decent distance, using the alt-fire, one-shot 200+ health
Oh I thought you meant you died to the hook shotgun combo.

The alt fire is weird. I usually just fire it into a group when they are too far away to do a bit of suppression damage. But if you can make the ball explode right before it hits the enemy so that all the pellets hit them it does a ton of damage (200+) sometimes you think it will happen, and hardly any hit. And sometimes it's just a throwaway shot and you happen to one shot a 200 health character. Sucks when it happens to you though.

Oh man, 54 to 52 in one night. I guess I should've quit while I was ahead. Playing with randoms is quite infuriating when some of them refuse to rush objectives or they don't group up. Gonna need to play with my usual groups again to move back up. 55 is my goal for this season and I screwed myself. Lol

You're on PS4, right? You should play with our group. We went on a win streak for like 6 games tonight.

Of course, I am legally obligated to tell you that those results are not typical.

LiK

You're on PS4, right? You should play with our group. We went on a win streak for like 6 games tonight.

Of course, I am legally obligated to tell you that those results are not typical.

They asked but I was not online at the time. They ended up full when I asked to join but I felt like playing. Was winning 3-4 games in a row and then all losses. MMR seems to be working cuz all the matches were close but you sometimes end up with randoms who dunno how to help each other.

They asked but I was not online at the time. They ended up full when I asked to join but I felt like playing. Was winning 3-4 games in a row and then all losses. MMR seems to be working cuz all the matches were close but you sometimes end up with randoms who dunno how to help each other.

Weird, I've never seen or played with you at all.

I'm thinking about jumping into Overwatch, by any chance do PC and PS4 share account info or have cross play or anything like that? I'm interested in both.

As everyone mentioned, no crossplay, no shared accounts, and different services used.
In fact, consoles even have gotten their own balance patches to compensate for issues that are only present on consoles (e.g. difficulty with aiming because of controller play).

If you're on PC, you have, however, the upside of being able to play on the patch betas on PTR.

Veelk

Banned
UGHFAGRFANBVFUAEGBRAYAYUBGBUIABT

FUCK MEI

I'm sorry Antiwhippy, but she just does NOT need the kind of survivability that she currently possess. There is no reason she should possess 200 HP. At the very least, her bullshit armor lock should not heal her on top of everything else. And I would really wish she'd stop putting up the moment she gets out of her ice cube so I could just kill her already, but noo, just drags every encounter on for like an hour long with her 500 ways of recovery. If Mei is going to be this unkillable cockroach that just trolls her way out of any damage, atleast compensate it by requiring there to be some finesse in order for the player to achieve that kind of roach status. Tracer can be annoying as shit too, but she atleast takes skill to keep moving through her blinks and stuff. Mei is just...ugh.

The little shit I just played even went out of their way to punch me when they froze me and got me down to a sliver of life. They did it out of pure spite, because they know they're annoying little shits. They could have just shot me, but no, they wanted to make it personal.

Mei Fun Fact #7: She was behind the first fall of Overwatch, the Omnic Crisis, and the Holocaust.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
UGHFAGRFANBVFUAEGBRAYAYUBGBUIABT

FUCK MEI

I'm sorry Antiwhippy, but she just does NOT need the kind of survivability that she currently possess. There is no reason she should possess 200 HP. At the very least, her bullshit armor lock should not heal her on top of everything else. If Mei is going to be this unkillable cockroach that just trolls her way out of any damage, atleast compensate it by requiring there to be some finesse in order for the player to achieve that kind of roach status.

The little shit I just played even went out of their way to punch me when they froze me and got me down to a sliver of life. They did it out of pure spite. They could have just shot me, but no, they wanted to make it personal.

Mei Fun Fact #7: She was behind the first fall of Overwatch, the Omnic Crisis, and the Holocaust.

read it. drag it. expose it.

mei needs changes. i don't care if she comes out of them stronger as long as she's not by far the most annoying character to play against (or with) when she's done. NOTHING ruins your afternoon like playing with a mei.

maomaoIYP

I have to believe the 6 randoms vs 3-3 teams is a bug. It happens WAY too often, and makes no sense at all.

On PS4 it happens nearly all the time, I would make a post on battle.net but we're mere plebs

I mean look at this shit. It literally cannot get any worse.
Cner1slVMAA9LQX.jpg:large

billeh

Dropped to 38 and climbed my ass through the muck to 51 .. I can almost see the light through the piles of shit and Hanzos.

I'm only playing 6 stacks if Ana drops today. Do not have the patience for solo-queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom