• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

Not sure I enjoy the game after the patch. Mccree 2-3 shots almost everybody now and defending against someone who got nano boosted is almost impossible. Time to get stupid I guess.

I don't know why Blizzard is so bad at balancing. It was obvious instantly that McCree would be too good now and they still kept the buffs to this patch. Oh well I love playing him so I'll just enjoy my time until he gets nerfed again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know why Blizzard is so bad at balancing. It was obvious instantly that McCree would be too good now and they still kept the buffs to this patch. Oh well I love playing him so I'll just enjoy my time until he gets nerfed again.

Or let's see how the meta posts out before saying everything is unbalanced.

Just went against 6 Hanzos on PS4. They didn't even stand a chance. I can't tell you how many leavers they had through the match, made it kind of boring, but hilarious at the same time.

Rad-

Or let's see how the meta posts out before saying everything is unbalanced.

It's pretty obvious in this case though. Even a lot of pro players think he's amazing now. Meta wise something like Ana is harder to predict but McCree atm? He is a sure thing for most serious teams.

Honestly he's better now than he was before the fth nerf. Why? Because Widow isn't as strong anymore and now McCree can basically be sniper-lite without worrying about Widow ruining his day every time. Like Seagull said, why run Widowmaker anymore when you can play McCree who will just 2-3 shot that Widow anyways. Maybe he was a tad too extreme in that as I believe Widow will still have her uses but yeah.

McCree is going to get nerfed again

He is ridiculous how he is right now.

Unfortunately he rewards people with great aim. I think the only way they can make people on both sides happy is bump his damage down to 55-60 for both LMB and FTH while giving FTH a cooldown. Although I feel like this won't work out very well in the long run.

I think they also need to revert the S76 changes to give him some reason to be picked over McCree in some comps.

Zemm

There have been times where I've gone from full HP to dead in an instant and I'm like "well I must have got sniped just as McCree hit me right?", then I see kill cam and nope, just McCree.

It's not just him either, everyone just dies so quickly now, I think it's made the game worse. I felt that way on PTR and I feel it here too, fights are less strategic and more "blow people up". It reminds me of WoW when they'd tune the raids to ridiculous one shot and you're dead levels instead of making new and fun mechanics. They knew that wasn't fun so started designing better raids.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
At work for another hour and a half I am actually okay with a semidelayed ps4 patch. :p

Really looking forward to it though, want to play McCree again and Zen was always fun when I wasn't dying immediately.

Antiwhippy

It's pretty obvious in this case though. Even a lot of pro players think he's amazing now. Meta wise something like Ana is harder to predict but McCree atm? He is a sure thing for most serious teams.

Honestly he's better now than he was before the fth nerf. Why? Because Widow isn't as strong anymore and now McCree can basically be sniper-lite without worrying about Widow ruining his day every time. Like Seagull said, why run Widowmaker anymore when you can play McCree who will just 2-3 shot that Widow anyways. Maybe he was a tad too extreme in that as I believe Widow will still have her uses but yeah.

The fth nerf sim makes him susceptible to reaper when he can't delete him in one combo. Widow was greatly diminished already anyway. With dva in the meta right now there are more ways to block off shots. I was thinking that Winston could still pretty much get rid of mccree for free but that might not be the case with zen being more prevalent.

I don't doubt that you're right but my first instinct whenever significant changes go live is to wait it out and see how it plays out in the pro meta.

abundant

Ugggh, that double Tracer. Teams who run that or double Reaper are basically admitting they're terrible and need every ounce of cheese they can get on consoles.

Agreed. I hate it when you're beating another team and they decide to switch things up and use cheesy hero stacking strategies in order to win. Pretty much everyone in our core PS4 group hates that to be honest.

Forgot to mention my wonderful protip:

Reduce your mental stack! Change the colour of your aiming reticle to something that stands out, like bright green, today! Your accuracy will soar! You will become a god amongst men! You will know no equal~

And it's 100% true.

Community has gotten worse since I last played, it's horrible. Had some teammates bitching at me a whole game just now. Instead of whining, why not try to push yourself? Why bitch to the enemy team about me after? So annoying.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is the patch online on PS4 yet?

jotun?

Instead of these monthly large balance changes I wish they'd do smaller changes every week or two. It's dumb watching heroes swing wildly from top tier to bottom to top again like this.

Instead of these monthly large balance changes I wish they'd do smaller changes every week or two. It's dumb watching heroes swing wildly from top tier to bottom to top again like this.

Ha! compared to Destiny this is smaller chunks at a time. I'm totally fine with this pace.

Antiwhippy

That sounds really reactionary and bad in that it doesn't allow the pro scene to adapt to the changes at all.

I come from a fighting game background though.

McCree is going to get nerfed again

He is ridiculous how he is right now.

Its amazing how since closed beta in Nov they have consistently managed to fail to balance McCree. He's either THE BEST DPS character in the game, or super mediocre to the point that barely anyone plays him.

His design is just fucked. He has no mobility or heals, the only thing going for him is his hitscan damage. They take that away he's useless, but if you make it good he's God with a handcannon. Dont see if there's any middle ground here without an extensive back to the drawing board on this guy.

That sounds really reactionary and bad in that it doesn't allow the pro scene to adapt to the changes at all.

I come from a fighting game background though.

NRS balance patches BibleThump

LiK

Played with Kor. Gained two ranks in two matches. T_T back to 54. It's like last night never happened lol

Rank 60-70 randoms ain't too bad. Phew

My Lucio was untouchable for most of the matches.

Its amazing how since closed beta in Nov they have consistently managed to fail to balance McCree. He's either THE BEST DPS character in the game, or super mediocre to the point that barely anyone plays him.

His design is just fucked. He has no mobility or heals, the only thing going for him is his hitscan damage. They take that away he's useless, but if you make it good he's God with a handcannon. Dont see if there's any middle ground here without an extensive back to the drawing board on this guy.

NRS balance patches BibleThump

Nah... It's just going to take some fine tuning with where his damage drop off begins.

Played with Kor. Gained two ranks in two matches. T_T back to 54. It's like last night never happened lol

Man... I need to start charging for rank gains like old Trials of Osiris scumbags used to do for Mercury trips. :D

Forgot to mention my wonderful protip:

Reduce your mental stack! Change the colour of your aiming reticle to something that stands out, like bright green, today! Your accuracy will soar! You will become a god amongst men! You will know no equal~

And it's 100% true.
It's true. I did that and my accuracy with McCree shot up to nearly 40%. (On console btw)

first game of the day after patch.

Ilios.

i picked Torbjorn for the fun of it on QP.

just started dropping turret and moving away from it so they don't know where it's at as i pea shoot them. ended up placing a turret on point. holding the point for 99% before i died and and lost the point LOL RIP. so i went pharah but zen was just after me. so i ended up tracer and we ended up winning the first round.

next round was Wells. so i picked hanzo just to see if i can aim with him. totally nailed it. someone walked into the scatter arrow and insta killed. i actually stayed on the point and just shooting arrows. those headshots feel so satisfying with him.

won 2-0

peakish

Some of the changes are catching me off guard.

- Lost a duel as S76 since my healing station got nullified by Ana bomb.

- Lost on Volskaya attack since I by mistake left the point in overtime, which burns out increasingly quick now. I even hade Lucio ult which we could have used to probably win.

- Consistently surprised at dying by McCree headshots from midrange. He does how much damage?!

Between tonight and yesterday I've dropped quite a few ranks. Will be interesting to see if I stabilize.

Btw Ana felt pretty great in the game I played with her. Can't wait to try her out more, didn't run her in comp since I'm not confident enough for it yet. Dva feels great now too. If they can remake some other classes in this way (hi Bastion) that'd be great.

Community has gotten worse since I last played, it's horrible. Had some teammates bitching at me a whole game just now. Instead of whining, why not try to push yourself? Why bitch to the enemy team about me after? So annoying.
The all chat bitching is almost funny since it's so passive aggressive. Hey other team of unknowns, I'm definitely not with these other losers of my team, pls believe me I swear I'm good

LiK

Nah... It's just going to take some fine tuning with where his damage drop off begins.

Man... I need to start charging for rank gains like old Trials of Osiris scumbags used to do for Mercury trips. :D

Don't you love my Lucio? :p

Invite me for more later. Kinda funny how higher ranked guys still leave the damn game when losing.

Don't you love my Lucio? :p

Invite me for more later. Kinda funny how higher ranked guys still leave the damn game when losing.

That was actually pretty abnormal.

Of all the games I've played over the last 5 or 6 days, I've had leavers maybe twice.

Today, alone, it's happened like 4 times.

3 matches in a row now where at least half the other team leaves so I get shitty ass rank gain. Fuck this, Blizzard needs to be stricter on leavers.

What's the current penalty and/or threshold?

too much caffeinne. my hand is shaking and i can't even properly aim and i'm playing hanzo. picked him on attack. so far getting paired with people who i can shoot lol. but fml. i need to calm down xD

but we won. killing the tracer because she's not good at blinking lol.

and we won the round too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom