• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Blizzard has the worst balance. D.VAs matrix is broken rn she's basically an ult canceler.

The only respectable, skilful ults belong to Tracer, Mei, Widow, Zarya, and any support char. The rest are bullshit and any kind of canceller is a good thing in my view. Soldier 76 in particular can die in a fire.

Baleoce

Only played for a little while but some things I noticed.

D.Va: I only tried her briefly, but I can see myself picking her more now.

Ana: She's fun, weird bug with her though, the hitboxes on both friendly and enemy players is huge for her. I was standing behind an ally and trying to shoot the enemy, and I kept healing my ally instead. Even though it was clearly not aiming at them.

Soldier: I know that they changed his spread recovery so that it's not instant, but does anyone else feel like he's more accurate now from an even further range when just holding down fire? It definitely felt like that to me.

Borden

Neo Member
My friend, TF2-GAF regular FatCatAttack made an excellent post that he wanted to share with GAF about his opinions on Hanzo, projectile hitboxes, and issues with balancing due to the tight range of damage values among other factors. It's long, but very much worth the read:

He'd love to hear what you think, and I think his points make for the basis of an interesting discussion.
Great write up. A lot to think about.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Only played for a little while but some things I noticed.

D.Va: I only tried her briefly, but I can see myself picking her more now.

Ana: She's fun, weird bug with her though, the hitboxes on both friendly and enemy players is huge for her. I was standing behind an ally and trying to shoot the enemy, and I kept healing my ally instead. Even though it was clearly not aiming at them.

It's not a bug really, it's just that asking people to be that precise when it comes to healing is a recipe for disaster at lower levels of play. Plus you should be primarily healing anyway.

I am completely obsessed with hunting healers in this game, to the point of wasting time and/or ults to do it. I feel like I'm overdoing it but I'm always frustrated to see my teammates seemingly not care about them that I make it my personal obsession.
(I also play as healer very frequently and am often left kind of alone which completely befuddles me)

게임을 하면 이겨야지!

The only respectable, skilful ults belong to Tracer, Mei, Widow, Zarya, and any support char. The rest are bullshit and any kind of canceller is a good thing in my view. Soldier 76 in particular can die in a fire.

Mei's is skillful? You just throw it at the point to deny or where a bunch of people are gathered

게임을 하면 이겨야지!

Mei's is skillful? You just throw it at the point to deny or where a bunch of people are gathered
You have to be really creative with where you throw it because it's so easy to escape, so being able to trap at least 2 people is very hard to do.

You have to be really creative with where you throw it because it's so easy to escape, so being able to trap at least 2 people is very hard to do.
I'm sure people will disagree - but I feel junkrat ult requires more skill. You can always kill one person - but wiping out a team can happen and involves some creative planning.

no point ever playing tank again with zen buff
Dva and Rein? Reins shield will still be super useful and with teammates behind him, zen can't put out his discord. Dvas is insanely good with the buff now and can easily kill zen.

Also, Zaryas shields can take away the discord orb, so she will still be good, and that's not including the fact that she has the most game changing ult in the game.

Roadhog depends on if he can still one shot Zen. Can he? If so, he should actually be used a good amount to try and deal with the Zens.

Winston? With the zen and dva buff, he's utterly screwed.

Antiwhippy

Only tank that gets super nerfed by zen imo is winston, because right now he can't actually do what he does best, which is harassing the backline. The other tanks should really just be working along with rein and his shield anyway, and roadhog should never be in LoS all the time, and he can drop zen in 1-shot unlike winston.

Only tank that gets super nerfed by zen imo is winston, because right now he can't actually do what he does best, which is harassing the backline. The other tanks should really just be working along with rein and his shield anyway, and roadhog should never be in LoS all the time, and he can drop zen in 1-shot unlike winston.
I can't believe they didn't realize that the Zen buff and Dva buff, two of his hard counters, would make him completely worthless. Zen and Dva will be used a ton, so it's gonna be impossible to use him. They should have given him a small buff to compensate these counter buffs.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Gah, a good Pharah is untouchable on console unless a soldier ult is up. :(

Other than the suggestions already listed, Roadhog's hook can also work against her on console since it's easier to hook on console.

Question for the strategists and group players out there. I normally play Reinhardt and I'd say I'm pretty good with him while tanking at the right times for my team. When we are on the cart map and moving down the road with the cart, I am keeping my shield up most of the time to block 6 other people shooting at my team, especially at chokepoints. I have a friend who gets angry with me if a tracer, reaper, or genji manages to go past my frontline and starts shooting at them.

He suggests I take my shield down and start using my hammer. I've tried explaining to him that if I do that, the 5 other people shooting at us will immediately melt my health and possibly a couple of others on the team. Is it wrong of me to put my trust in 5 other people that they can take care of one tracer, one reaper, or one genji while I shield their front-end? Should I risk my teammates lives on the fact that my hammer could work against said genji, reaper or tracer?

I'd like to think that I'm doing the right thing because I've seen other Reinhardts become distracted by one enemy and thus leave their team to die. Any advice is welcome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe they didn't realize that the Zen buff and Dva buff, two of his hard counters, would make him completely worthless. Zen and Dva will be used a ton, so it's gonna be impossible to use him. They should have given him a small buff to compensate these counter buffs.

I mean, they probably realized it. It's how Blizzard does stuff. Characters become completely useless from patch to patch then they get buffed through the roof. Check out Greymane in Heroes of the Storm. Zen and DVa were useless last pathc, Winston is useless this patch.

Antiwhippy

Dva buff is like whatever for winston. It does nothing to what he has to deal with when it comes to her because his gun goes through shields anyway. Zen though makes him super screwed. I don't know what you can do actually.

In PTR whenever there's a winston and I'm zen it's pretty much a 5 v 6 battle.

Ever since I said that I didn't think I belonged at rank 65 I've lost like 10 out of 12 games and I'm back at 60.

Feels bad man. I'm definitely not doing great. But I feel like I used to get better teammates.

Veelk

Banned
How an entire team was unable to take out a single Torb and his turret that kept killing us all is beyond me. I ignored it because I kept thinking "Someone will surely take care of it". But no, no one did.

Why is Widow with these? You just press it and it stays up and helps everyone. There's not even a wrong way to use it.

exYle

I really only ever took Winston out to deal with Genji and Tracer. I feel like situations where the Zen is going to be guarding his team's squishiest flankers are going to be rare.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
How an entire team was unable to take out a single Torb and his turret that kept killing us all is beyond me. I ignored it because I kept thinking "Someone will surely take care of it". But no, no one did.

Seems like they all did the same thing.

I'd say Reinhardt's takes skill because its pretty much a cone shape and you can easily whiff. It feels like bowling actually.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
McCree's ult is more skillful than all those ults. It's not launch. No one just sits out in the open for him to shoot them now.

Antiwhippy

I really only ever took Winston out to deal with Genji and Tracer. I feel like situations where the Zen is going to be guarding his team's squishiest flankers are going to be rare.

I mean you can do that but that's not the best way to just use winston.

Almost 5:30PM why does everyone play so late? Just wanted a few quick games in Comp. sigh

I don't get off work until 5:30, makes it hard to play before 7. Heh.

My guess is it'll be out by Friday (hopefully sooner) if it is like the Competitive mode patch.

I hope so - I'm really looking forward to trying out Ana finally, and also finally getting to play Zenyatta on a regular basis.

Dva buff is like whatever for winston. It does nothing to what he has to deal with when it comes to her because his gun goes through shields anyway. Zen though makes him super screwed. I don't know what you can do actually.

In PTR whenever there's a winston and I'm zen it's pretty much a 5 v 6 battle.
Well yeah the buff itself doesn't affect Winston, but it will make Dva used more, and more Dvas equals less Winstons.

I mean, yeah, it sucks that they ignored it, but you did too, so, why are you complaining about your teammates when you are doing exactly what you are complaining about?

While I like playing as D.Va and am glad for the buffs on one hand... on the other my girl Symmetra is kinda fucked with all the new D.Va players going on teleporter hunts. Have played her twice since the patch and only managed to get 1 teammate teleported in between the two matches before they were destroyed. Sym is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom