• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

most of us is subpar. My advice is to try your best and at least give your team 2 back-to-back matches if you can bare it. Everyone loses sometimes. But if you can somehow stay and figure out how to help the team win I believe this will help you learn to 'carry' and improve your gameplay

Try not to blame teammates. We all do it. Even the pro streamers do it. But you cant really help them improve. Can only improve yourself and try to bring out the best

Oh btw--- you play Support main? Well nevermind everything I say lol. Supports are usually at the 'mercy' of their team quite literally. Only exception is playing an aggressive support (aka someone that is probably not Mercy)

Yeah I usually play Mercy unless someone else is already covering healing. Probably should check out some youtube videos at some point to get some pointers to play her better.

Some Ana players seem to forget that they are Support and ends up playing a lot like Widowmaker. I think I'm alright at it...I play Support characters 90% of the time but I feel like as Ana I'm spending more time shooting teammates than enemies.

But the occassional Ana shootout is pretty fun. :D

AaronMT86

Some Ana players seem to forget that they are Support and ends up playing a lot like Widowmaker. I think I'm alright at it...I play Support characters 90% of the time but I feel like as Ana I'm spending more time shooting teammates than enemies.

But the occassional Ana shootout is pretty fun. :D

First time picking a character should force the player to read through the hero information.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Don't underestimate her healing btw. 75 per second is no joke. That's better burst healing than mercy. And she can do aoe heal that can do damage and deny healing.

Playing with my friend, and she discovered that apparently Zarya's beam counts for Symmetra's Car Wash trophy. She only had 5 turrets up, but her and Zarya attacked the same person and the trophy popped. The more you know?

Gator86

So is most of this thread PC? I get that feeling from so many Ana messages <_>

Yeah, it seems that way. You basically have to assume everyone is and preface your comments with "on PS4" if it's related to balance on console or something, otherwise the conversation goes nowhere.

Rizzi

Ana should have been limited to one per team or something because fuck off with all these Ana's being useless. Trying to push the objective? Ana just sitting there not healing anyone and missing the enemies. Low health and Ana see's you? Nah not gonna heal.
You ask one of them to swap? Get told "lol it's quickplay".
Fucking hell.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
hysOlU4.gif

sometimes it all comes together

_woLf

Ana is suuuper fun to play. Won 10 games in a row with her in the brawl (yeah, yeah, brawl, but still).

DVa seems REALLY strong now - it's really hard to get out of her ult range in time. I enjoyed putting enemies to sleep in range of dva nukes.

patchday

Yesss back to 54 competitive rank. Love that there is no more hero stacking.

are your matches shorter now? You know somewhere around 20 mins?

Been itching to try ranked sometime but dont want to be there for 40 mins. When I was single it was fine but now I got family, kids, blah blah I don't wanna be held hostage in a long match lol

Ana is suuuper fun to play. Won 10 games in a row with her in the brawl (yeah, yeah, brawl, but still).

DVa seems REALLY strong now - it's really hard to get out of her ult range in time. I enjoyed putting enemies to sleep in range of dva nukes.

playing as junkrat i almost forget the little time i have to hide. and junkrat is slow and i'm never near any spot to hide and don't have any mine to blow myself away. died twice like a noob on the same map RIP.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Been itching to try ranked sometime but dont want to be there for 40 mins. When I was single it was fine but now I got family, kids, blah blah I don't wanna be held hostage in a long match lol

To be fair not all matches go for 40 mins. 20mins avg really, unless you hit a 2CP.

What exactly did they go live with? I saw Zen has 200 health. I thought they took him down to 175 in ptr? If this sticks his damage is definitely going down.

I actually got a Genji PotG... never thought it'd happen.

Made me realise how odd and twitchy my camera movement is. :(

We also won that game with three Zenny's and no tanks. (???)

Gator86

Still the most frustrating game to play sometimes. Spent an entire game on Hanamura screaming at people to be team up with my Lucio. People refused to stop hiding across the map and dying instantly. Even when someone somehow stumbled into a one on one win, they'd just sit there at 1hp, refusing to get into my line of sight or join the rest of the team for a second.

I'm glad they finally got rid of Mcree's damage fall off at long range, now I can feel okay picking him over Soldier in competitive. I even managed to get my third Legendary card while playing as him today.

patchday

With Ana being live on PC I bet we will finally see lots of support

Logging on now for a few games. Played the MoTW earlier and that was fun

Beartruck

As far as serious play goes, I'm pretty much done.

I'm bored of quick play at this point, and as far as competitive, between the massive balance issues, the overly long matches, the amount of matches needed for the gold weapons(which I will never get), and the insane amount of toxicity, there's no reason to ever play that mode again without heavy changes.

I'll come back when the D.va buff and Ana hits consoles, and maybe every now and then for some quick play with fellow gaffers, but until then seeya.

With Ana being live on PC I bet we will finally see lots of support

I saw one in almost every competitive game I played today, but unfortunately most of them were more concerned with dealing damage than healing. There were several times where I'd die standing in front of them while mashing the "heal me" key.

lol I would say they def feel shorter. I'm not sure what the reason is. Could have been cause we just face rolled every team for the most part. The longest match was actually a Koth one. Had to do all 5 rounds.

Veelk

Banned
I already I miss Mobawatch deeply. It's not even especially good combinations stacking. Like, just now, I was up against double Reinhardts. We almost won, but only because I and someone else switched to double bastion, which I always considered a bullshit strategy, but it was the only way I knew to even have a chance of countering them, because otherwise they just cover their entire team nonstop

There is essentially no positive to stacking except for the fact that everyone can play their very favorite heroes at all times and that is such a minor and insignificant positive. To not be able to pick your favorite hero for one single game is basically nothing. You're not even supposed to pick your favorite at all times, you're supposed to pick the hero that's best suited to the situation, which is why hero switching is so encouraged, so even though the game allows it, it's against it's philosophy to do so.

And the best matches I've had is when it's a huge mess of different heroes doing different things. I'm sorry for bitching, but the game just got significantly less fun now that I have to go back to regular QP, and I'm bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom