• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ana really shines once you realise you just need to hang back and let the enemy come to you; or rather, try. Like, she has so many tools to keep the front line up--it's great. And dat ult.

Now I just need a cool skin for her and better aim and I'll be set.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ana really shines once you realise you just need to hang back and let the enemy come to you; or rather, try. Like, she has so many tools to keep the front line up--it's great. And dat ult.

Now I just need a cool skin for her and better aim and I'll be set.

Merciful >>> all.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just owned a 4 man Defense Torb on Volksaya

They got shutdown on Attack with my Pharah, then they tried to cheat for a sudden death coin flip

God bless the randoms that within reaching the underpass saw no defense and we quickly understood the Defense they were hiking up lol

Stupid Torbs put 3 Turrets inside that little bunker to the right of the Objective
Junkrat + Me and Rein shield destroyed them, then Winston came and cleaned up the Torbs who were like 15-30 health each lol

Feels good Triumphing over shitty stacks, you would think 4 Torbs, Rein, and Symm would at least crossfire their Turrets lol, stacking inside that little room and babysitting lol, get #Rekt

darkwing

Just owned a 4 man Defense Torb on Volksaya

They got shutdown on Attack with my Pharah, then they tried to cheat for a sudden death coin flip

God bless the randoms that within reaching the underpass saw no defense and we quickly understood the Defense they were hiking up lol

Stupid Torbs put 3 Turrets inside that little bunker to the right of the Objective
Junkrat + Me and Rein shield destroyed them, then Winston came and cleaned up the Torbs who were like 15-30 health each lol

Feels good Triumphing over shitty stacks, you would think 4 Torbs, Rein, and Symm would at least crossfire their Turrets lol, stacking inside that little room and babysitting lol, get #Rekt

wow worst Toblerones ever

Veelk

Banned
ky4kAIX.jpg

Blizzard pls

Antiwhippy

Wait why are people think ana is a problem for pharah?

They reeeeally are going to need to nerf DVa.

She is way too strong right now.

in b4 nerf this dot jay peg

Nah.

She's fine.

People really need to not think "Nerf nerf nerf" whenever something new happens.

blurr

I tried out Hanzo yesterday, haven't really touched him since the beta - feels and plays great but I am really bad as him right now.

Mei is another character I've been trying out and again, I'm really bad as her. Evidently enough these guys will take some time to get used to.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait why are people think ana is a problem for pharah?

Another range character that can damage you easily when flying around.

It's especially bad right now since everyone is trying out 3 characters that can fuck Pharah up pretty badly.

ramyeon

Ana seems nice, but I don't think she can be a primary healer like Mercy or Lucio. We really need another primary healer.
Why not? She seems to do fantastic healing, even more than I thought from what I've seen. And she works great sitting in the back lines of a team since her biotic grenades have enough range for that kind of positioning. If people play her as a support, like she's supposed to be, and not a DPS hero (Which she's definitely not) then I think she will be able to provide enough healing for the team.

Borden

Neo Member
Just had an insanely intense match. Me as Mercy and we lose round 1. Got crushed. Round 2 getting crushed out of the gate switch to DVA and we end up getting the cap and hold it after they had run it up to 68%. Round 3 get stomped. Completely shut out. Had us spawn trapped the last 3rd of the round. Round 4. I switch back to Mercy at about 75-0 (for them) since DVA wasn't doing anything for me. 99-0 as OT starts. Everyone touches the point as needed. I get a 3 player revive. We capture. Run up to about 85 then they capture. Back and forth for about 15 minutes (just in round 4!) but we sneak it out. Final round, Mercy not doing much again. Back to DVA. It goes 99-99 OT. Pharah has our team dead in the water with her ult and gets shot down, TWO different times and we end up winning.

These games are the highs that I chase with this game. Wow.

Kito

Mei needs the following buffs: increased ammo to 300, increased icicle damage to 100, a shorter cryofreeze cooldown OR more rapid healing in cryofreeze.

D.Va's effectiveness is pretty exacerbated by the Brawl going atm. The offensive heroes all have the movement options to get away from her and she goes back and forth with tanks. The main thing is that she can do what she's supposed to do better. She can get in on the defensive heroes with reduced risk and the support should have been getting killed by D.Va anyway.

Antiwhippy

Another range character that can damage you easily when flying around.

It's especially bad right now since everyone is trying out 3 characters that can fuck Pharah up pretty badly.

It's like 75dps without the ability to crit. That's nothing in overwatch.

Zen isn't hitscan either, and projectile hitbox nerf should effect his shots too. Depends on skill I guess but if you can get on top of zen you should definitely outgun him.

Both heroes have very poor mobility options which is what pharah wants.

Einchy

It's like 75dps without the ability to crit. That's nothing in overwatch.

Zen isn't hitscan either. Depends on skill I guess but if you can get on top of zen you should definitely outgun him.

Do you think I'm saying Ana completely counters Pharah or something? All I'm saying is that now there's yet another class that can easily hit a Pharah in the sky + a lot of people are playing McCree who is great at sniping Pharahs + Zenyatta who can easily put the debuff on you and get some hits = Pharah is fucked currently. It'll ease up some once every team doesn't have multiple Anas, McCrees, Zenyatta and possible Widowmakers and Soldiers.

MG310

I love bad Ilios Lucios. Very helpful just spending the entire match hugging the same wall and hoping to knock people in the well.

Antiwhippy

Do you think I'm saying Ana completely counters Pharah or something? All I'm saying is that now there's yet another class that can easily hit a Pharah in the sky + a lot of people are playing McCree who is great at sniping Pharahs + Zenyatta who can easily put the debuff on you and get some hits = Pharah is fucked currently. It'll ease up some once every team doesn't have multiple Anas, McCrees, Zenyatta and possible Widowmakers and Soldiers.

I mean it's not like there weren't characters that couldn't hit her in the sky before though. Soldier becoming common in defense was partially due to pharrah. Discord kinda fucks with everyone so everyone has to play smarter (it's not like you can stay infinitely in the air without a care beforehand) when they get discorded. I just don't see Ana adding much in the way of making pharrah non-viable. Other than reinhardt and the other short range heroes like reaper and sym everyone should be able to hit pharah.

Mccree is another thing entirely. Would be interesting to see how pharah ends up in the meta just due to the mccree threat.

Einchy

I mean it's not like there weren't characters that couldn't hit her in the sky before though. Soldier becoming common in defense was partially due to pharrah. Discord kinda fucks with everyone so everyone has to play smarter (it's not like you can stay infinitely in the air without a care beforehand) when they get discorded. I just don't see Ana adding much in the way of making pharrah non-viable.

Mccree is another thing entirely. Would be interesting to see how pharah ends up in the meta just due to the mccree threat.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

Lets use Soldier 74 for example, as you said, people go Soldier 74 to counter Pharah, right? Now lets imagine that Soldier 74 got a new buff so when you joined a game, multiple people were playing him, wouldn't you say that that would make Pharah harder to play?

Right now, since people are playing 3 classes that can hit Pharah in the sky without much issue + people possibly playing Windowmaker and Soldier 74, it's making it harder to be able to play her. This is not something that will continue, once things settle out, every team won't have all of those classes that are good against Pharah, so it won't be an issue but it is now.

spiritfox

Why not? She seems to do fantastic healing, even more than I thought from what I've seen. And she works great sitting in the back lines of a team since her biotic grenades have enough range for that kind of positioning. If people play her as a support, like she's supposed to be, and not a DPS hero (Which she's definitely not) then I think she will be able to provide enough healing for the team.

She's great for burst heal, but her sustained healing is kinda of weak. Also, it requires your teammates to stop twitching around for a second so you can hit them.

Maybe I just have bad aiming skills.

Antiwhippy

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

Lets use Soldier 74 for example, as you said, people go Soldier 74 to counter Pharah, right? Now lets imagine that Soldier 74 got a new buff so when you joined a game, multiple people were playing him, wouldn't you say that that would make Pharah harder to play?

Right now, since people are playing 3 classes that can hit Pharah in the sky without much issue + people possibly playing Windowmaker and Soldier 74, it's making it harder to be able to play her. This is not something that will continue, once things settle out, every team won't have all of those classes that are good against Pharah, so it won't be an issue but it is now.

Oh oh, whoops, sorry, guess we were having 2 different conversations. :p

PBalfredo

Ok, seriously. How the hell do you deal with Mei? It would be one thing if her freeze gun just slowed down your WASD movement, but it also slows down your mouse movement, so the second her mist touches you it's impossible to draw a bead on her and you've already lost the duel.

And don't you dare say "use range" because

A) No shit.
B) Someone has to be on the objective

MG310

"Play Reinhardt Play Reinhardt Play Reinhardt! "

Guy plays Reaper, stands 10 feet in front of the shield.

I switch halfway through the match.

'Where the fuck is Reinhardt?'

LiK

"Play Reinhardt Play Reinhardt Play Reinhardt! "

Guy plays Reaper, stands 10 feet in front of the shield.

I switch halfway through the match.

'Where the fuck is Reinhardt?'

People who beg for people to play a specific character instead of switching themselves are asshats most of the time. Unless you suck with them, play them yourself.

MG310

Just about to win a match with that same dude giving such sage advice as "I'm going to run straight at the payload Push the payload! Push It Push It Push It!" but it seems like battle.net went down on PS4.

I need to find a group to get out of the level 30 hellhole :/ Feels bad down here man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom