• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe let people learn the hero first?

Her healing potential is actually better than Mercy.

Better than Mercy? Flat out laughable, As long as Mercy still has resurrection and can still be able to get ult in no time, she will never not be part of the meta.

Tvique went into at length last night on his stream, Ana cannot solo heal a team without gimping them. She works best as the 3rd support.

Borden

Neo Member
Pretty much. It's not surprising when the initial iteration of ranked that never made it out of the dungeons was group only. Literally no option to play solo, they knew that the key of the game was teamwork and they wanted people to focus on that.

But the community hated the idea, needed the option to go solo and that's why we have what we have today. Seems like they're working on ways to make it easier to stick with people who you mesh well with as a group.

I liked what they mentioned, I think in the Ana developer stream with Ster, the function to stick together as a group with people you play well as without needing to actually exchange IDs or add each other as friends.

Maybe have it so on the MVP screen you can scroll over and have a quick option to send them an invite to join a group. Or something along those lines.

Better than Mercy? Flat out laughable

image.php

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Better than Mercy? Flat out laughable, As long as Mercy still has resurrection and can still be able to get ult in no time, she will never not be part of the meta.

Tvique went into at length last night on his stream, Ana cannot solo heal a team without gimping them. She works best as the 3rd support.

I did say healing potential. I don't really consider res part of that though I guess bringing 5 people from 0 health to all health can be considered healing. :p

Burst healing is straight up better. 75 hp/s vs 50hp/s. You can top up tanks a lot fast and healing 1/2 of tracers health from her flanking position is significant. I think once people get better with her she'll be a very potent healer. Jar is seriously amazing for group scenarios.

But I also don't think she should be primary support btw.

There exists a realm outside of competitive play though. For casual play a competent Ana is fine.

Ugh, a 30 minute Anubis ranked game ending with a loss because we could get past the front gate in sudden death. Can't help but feel like that's a colossal waste of time...

Antiwhippy

If you're getting outhealed by a soldier, you're not even trying to learn her. You're just switching off Hanzo and Widow for a bit.

Yeah but that's just bad players.

I've had matches yesterday where I kept my team topped up constantly and made serious pushes with nano boost.

Ugh, a 30 minute Anubis ranked game ending with a loss because we could get past the front gate in sudden death. Can't help but feel like that's a colossal waste of time...

That's how a lot of my games have been feeling lately. The last four out of my five matches have been on Volskaya Industries and I lost every single one. It makes me want to stop playing. I don't even remember the last time I got payload or koth.

Zemm

Maybe let people learn the hero first?

Her healing potential is actually better than Mercy.

No way. Ana will be a good secondary healer at best.

She will never be on the level of Mercy unless she gets buffed somehow. She needs to switch targets and aim, which takes time, her bullets don't go through people so can be easily blocked by people on full health. She has to reload. Mercy can switch targets much easier and quicker as well as be healing quicker, she can escape focus fire easier, and her ultimate is the best in the game.

Ana might/probably will replace Lucio on some maps though

That's how a lot of my games have been feeling lately. The last four out of my five matches have been on Volskaya Industries and I lost every single one. It makes me want to stop playing. I don't even remember the last time I got payload or koth.

According to people in this very thread, if you're losing constantly then you're just getting worse as a player. You're not as good as you were when you were 5 ranks higher or even 5 games earlier supposedly....
emoticon-2867-src-f02f9d40f66f0840-28x28.png

65->56 the free fall has been insane. So many sudden death defeats. Or going up 2-0 on KOTH and somehow losing. I'm trying to just enjoy myself but it has definitely been frustrating.

According to people in this very thread, if you're losing constantly then you're just getting worse as a player. You're not as good as you were when you were 5 ranks higher or even 5 games earlier supposedly....

I guess I better step it up!

65->56 the free fall has been insane. So many sudden death defeats. Or going up 2-0 on KOTH and somehow losing. I'm trying to just enjoy myself but it has definitely been frustrating.

Sound like me! Free fall from 66 to 59 or 58 (I forgot because I just kept losing lol).

Antiwhippy

No way. Ana will be a good secondary healer at best.

She will never be on the level of Mercy unless she gets buffed somehow. She needs to switch targets and aim, which takes time, her bullets don't go through people so can be easily blocked by people on full health. She has to reload. Mercy can switch targets much easier and quicker as well as be healing quicker, she can escape focus fire easier, and her ultimate is the best in the game.

Ana might/probably will replace Lucio on some maps though

No no I agree, I didn't really mean healing potential that way, it's just that in an isolated situation of healing a target (or multiple targets with grenade) she just heals more than the other supports in the game.

I didn't really have too much trouble hitting my healing target though, but yes, I agree that those qualities make her not suited as the only healer. I think nano boost alone though would her preferred over lucio on attack.

I know you're being facetious, no one is speaking to a person's actual skill, but there is some truth in that statement. If you lose you go down in rank, if you win then you move up in rank. Am I wrong??

Don't worry man, I had a similar fall (63 to 55), it took a little soul searching but moved back somewhat quickly based on a unexpected win streak (the lose streak was super rough).

Antiwhippy

Look at biotic grenade. 5 seconds cooldown, and it does 100hp healing +100% healing from other sources for 5 seconds. For a group. Think about how that synergises with lucio. 80HPS group healing from amp it up is nuts.

That's not to mention the fact that it does decent AoE damage & heal denial also.

Rocketz

People need to stop watching Seagull and Shadder vids. The amount of Gengi I've seen in competitive the last two days is insane. 2-3 Gengis on a team is common all of a sudden.

Two of my four legendary skins are for Winston, possibly my least used character along with Zenyata, who got another legendary.

Yeah... My Legendaries have been for Genji and Widowmaker, who were among my least used. It's like Blizz plans this.

It is a good excuse to try them more, though. I'll give 'em that.

Animator

Look at biotic grenade. 5 seconds cooldown, and it does 100hp healing +100% healing from other sources for 5 seconds. For a group. Think about how that synergises with lucio. 80HPS group healing from amp it up is nuts.

That's not to mention the fact that it does decent AoE damage & heal denial also.

First of all biotic grenade has 10 seconds cool down. You will never hit the entire team with it or a group of players since it's radius is so small.

I have played Ana almost every day in PTR and watched many pro guys play her too, it is pretty much uniform opinion across the board that she is a shit solo healer. Even as a second pick you are way better off with Mercy or Zen since their ults and other abilities they bring into the fight are way more valuable and game changing than Ana's.

lmao im kinda bricking it

on my taskbar i (stupidly) have cheatengine next to battle.net and I was trying to click the battle.net window while in a loading screen in overwatch and I accidentally opened CheatEngine. it came up with an admin prompt to open and I clicked no, so I don't think it actually opened.

am I still fucked?

Kysen

I learned today that I'm not good enough to play tank/dps. From now on I will stick to Mercy/Lucio and nothing else. The skill system punished me severely when my team lost and I didn't play well. Whereas the moment I switched back to support I would lose very little rating and gain loads. Been hovering around 55 all day long.

Antiwhippy

First of all biotic grenade has 10 seconds cool down. You will never hit the entire team with it or a group of players since it's radius is so small.

I have played Ana almost every day in PTR and watched many pro guys play her too, it is pretty much uniform opinion across the board that she is a shit solo healer. Even as a second pick you are way better off with Mercy or Zen since their ults and other abilities they bring into the fight are way more valuable and game changing than Ana's.

Hmm, got the timing of the cooldown wrong. That is actually significantly longer than i thought it was. Still, of course she can't be solo healer. No comp team runs solo healer.

I really don't think she's a shit second pick though, and I've heard tvique saying that she might even encourage 3 support comps. Sleep dart is stupid in a coordinated team just due to being able to take targets out of the game for 6 seconds, and zen's ult can be nullified by her easily. How is nano boost not game changing?

duckroll

There was a funny moment with an Ana player yesterday on my team. We were pushing the payload on Hollywood. Getting to the second last checkpoint, suddenly heard "IT'S HIGH NOON!" and none of us reacted in time and we all got wasted. Then in the killcam replay, I saw that he got the drop on us from behind on a ledge, but right AFTER he killed all of us, he was put to sleep. So obviously our Ana player watched the Ana gameplay trailer too many times, but didn't react in time to save our ass either. :p

matmanx1

I just had a competitive match on Illios that was quite possibly some of the best legal fun you can have, anywhere. Our two teams were closely matched and were capping the points back and forth but we ended up being just a little bit better and won. Yeah baby!

It was one of those slugfest matches also with both teams running Zarya + Lucio + Reaper and it really could have gone either way. I had a great game with Lucio with Gold in Obj Elims and Healing (over 21 thousand!!) and silver in Obj time while keeping my team alive through several Reaper and Solider 76 Ults. What a match!

So I got Volskaya Industries again (lol), we do really well on the attack phase. Right at the end of it someone leaves... So we lose when the defense phase comes up. On our attack phase the person comes back then leaves a few seconds later. They seriously need harsher punishment for comp. How many games do you actually have to quit before it bans you? This shit is a joke.

Antiwhippy

Tried a few combos with dva, and I'm starting to think that she's really strong not because she can eat ults or whatever, but because she's basically reinhardt for the flankers.

Rein is still the best frontline tanker, but i basically followed a team of genji+reaper, and basically kept them alive constantly. Reaper being able to shotgun away without worry is kinda nuts. Barely had to go wraith.

Who knows how it'll pan out, but the other team I've played couldn't handle the combo.

duckroll

Any good suggest on capturing the point B on Volskaya Industries?

Be aggressive. If you try to ease your way into the point defensively, you give them too much of an advantage. There should be a part of the team always rushing in straight or standing at the entrance diverting their attention. Meanwhile your Genji/Tracer/Reaper/Pharah/Winston/Dva should be flanking and taking them by surprise either from the left corridor that leads right to the point, or from the right from the top. Winston/Lucio/Genji can also get in from the right side by jumping or wallclimbing across the ledge to the stairs. Once you wreck their defense and sit on the point, turn around immediately and guard the gate from their spawn and the right passage.

So I got Volskaya Industries again (lol), we do really well on the attack phase. Right at the end of it someone leaves... So we lose when the defense phase comes up. On our attack phase the person comes back then leaves a few seconds later. They seriously need harsher punishment for comp. How many games do you actually have to quit before it bans you? This shit is a joke.

I agree the leaver penalty is far too light. Should be 3 strikes (leaves) and you're fucking done.

1 Leave = 24 hour Comp Ban

2 Leaves = 1 week Comp Ban

3 Leaves = Banned from current season

You leave 3 times again next season? Banned the rest of the year.

Blizzard should have taken a next to zero tolerance stance on this.

Any good suggest on capturing the point B on Volskaya Industries?

Have someone sit near B while the rest of you cap A. Then proceed to rush B and win 1 team fight.

I agree the leaver penalty is far too light. Should be 3 strikes (leaves) and you're fucking done.

that is way too aggressive and punishing in case people's connections literally just drop out. having your connection go out 3 times over the course of 2 and a half months is not unrealistic.

damn lmao this guy just had a MELTDOWN in chat (in QUICK PLAY no less!), calling everyone fagg*ts, asking everyone to heal him and then yelling at them when they didn't, even the enemy team was laughing at him omg

some people take this shit way too seriously.

I'm all for harsh punishment, but that's bit much. It needs to be similar to CSGO and it ramps up gradually. Your number just need tweaking. For instance:

First leave: 30 minutes

Second leave: Two hours

Third leave: 12 hours

Fourth leave: 24 hours

and etc until you're pretty much ban for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom