• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: If you got gold eliminations as Lucio it doesn't mean you are hot shit killing everyone while everyone else is fumbling. It means you tagged the enemy for 5dmg with one of your balls which is not hard to do since you spam it constantly.

not me. i get those headshots and land the damage. it's everyone else that finishes them off (y)

duckroll

Or did you mistaken for Route 66. I seriously don't recall we play Hollywood.

No, Route 66 is where I got killed by McCree without High Noon. Why would I even play Zenyatta on Route 66?! I know how I mentally select characters to play, even if it doesn't always make sense. We definitely played at least one game of Hollywood. We captured the point early, and pushed without much resistance because the defending team was very offense-centric and spread out.

PSA: If you got gold eliminations as Lucio it doesn't mean you are hot shit killing everyone while everyone else is fumbling. It means you tagged the enemy for 5dmg with one of your balls which is not hard to do since you spam it constantly.
It's not like everyone that plays Lucio is shit at killing with Lucio. I would imagine there are some people(some of them probably being here) that can tear shit up with Lucio.

It's not like everyone that plays Lucio is shit at killing with Lucio. I would imagine there are some people(some of them probably being here) that can tear shit up with Lucio.

I'm certainly never top damage but it's fun to play aggressively in your face combat Lucio. Put on Ice Cube - Bop Gun and spam that right click.

I'm pretty good with Lucio.

But if I have a medal of any color for something offense related, my team is probably pretty shit.

If a lucio is out damaging your dps you have a bad dps.
I'm not saying a good Lucio can out-DPS other characters. That would be insane. I'm just saying he can do some solid damage if done right. Saying every Lucio elimination is him doing 5 damage to everyone is unrealistic, and that is really just a bad Lucio if that's the case.

J Range

I wish there was an option to chat on ps4 too. It makes the community feel a little more like a community. Nobody ever uses a mic unless their talking to friends, but they will text chat with randoms.

Metal gear solid 4 online was a great example

Ramirez

That's still someone being a great Lucio, the hell are you talking about?

Getting an elim in any form means you're contributing to kills. To be at the top obviously means you're contributing a ton.

Hmmm, when I'm the guy who has to play support, do I pick my 46 percentile Mercy or 90 percentile Lucio, tough choice, lol. Felt pretty disheartening seeing that I wasn't as good with Mercy as I thought I was. Guess I got to stick with Lucio, not like there's anything wrong with that. Feels good when just two weeks ago, my Lucio was in the 57 percentile, I don't even know what I did different to get so high with Lucio :p

Gator86

Getting an elim in any form means you're contributing to kills. To be at the top obviously means you're contributing a ton.

100% agreed. It means you're in the action, putting damage on enemies, and not dying which means you're healing. Elims basically equate to activity for Lucio and, if he's leading in that, he's doing well enough.

Blizzard

Banned
At least you get 5000+ XP with competitive matches sometimes.

Did they screw with the FOV and aspect ratio in the last patch? I thought I used to be able to play windowed at whatever aspect ratio. Now if I play windowed, it's thinner than my 1680x1050 monitor. If I play fullscreen, the FOV feels weird even at 103. Pharah rocket launcher takes up 1/3 of the screen.

The game also feels weirdly laggy. Maybe not playing for a week just made me forget how everything felt and looked?

50197786f53d8b8940dd7749d075b835.png
heroes im good with
feed l0rd

Blizzard

Banned
This is awful. I feel like I'm actually getting motion sickness, and that hasn't happened in a FPS in forever.

Roadhog is now regularly hooking me THROUGH walls. Before, I'd just get hooked around a corner. Now I'm seeing the chain visually go straight through walls.

Everything feels laggy. Voice emotes feel lagged by maybe 0.5 second. Shots and headshot sounds feel lagged. FPS and ping look the same.

Weapons look huge.

Either I totally forgot how the game played in 1 week after playing like 200 games before, or something really bizarre has happened on my system.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Did you enable in game stats to see what ping/fps you're getting?

I've definitely felt that way playing high ping servers.

Blizzard

Banned
Did you enable in game stats to see what ping/fps you're getting?

I've definitely felt that way playing high ping servers.
I always have ingame stats turned on, and it looked the same as always. Someone on voicechat also said there are a ton of bugs since the patch -- not sure if exaggeration or not.

Also my last game had an AFK for 2/3 of it (either disconnected or scripting, since their character stayed facing a wall instead of getting kicked). It still blocked anyone else from using the character (Roadhog) the round after, when the player wasn't visible at all. AND we got full rank loss.

Antiwhippy

I always have ingame stats turned on, and it looked the same as always. Someone on voicechat also said there are a ton of bugs since the patch -- not sure if exaggeration or not.

Also my last game had an AFK for 2/3 of it (either disconnected or scripting, since their character stayed facing a wall instead of getting kicked). It still blocked anyone else from using the character (Roadhog) the round after, when the player wasn't visible at all. AND we got full rank loss.

Hmm, I have not played that much since in the new patch, but I can't say I've noticed the things you've noticed.

What's your regular ping?

Borden

Neo Member

Don't medals go by character though? So if someone switches to another character then this would bring down their total vs the person that played their whole time as one character?
Even if I'm misunderstanding, medals should be taken with a grain of salt. People will/should switch characters based on the map and situation. Maybe a Reaper switched to Mercy or Solider switched to Rein or whatever. I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't be happy about getting medals but they shouldn't use that as a negative about their team.

Apathy

ana is the new widow.

I hate every single person that picks her. So fucking bad. They hold their alts like they only get one per game, they are never in spots to heal, they try to super long range dps. Ana was a mistake

Antiwhippy

I usually keep to 30. Anything north of that starts to feel real weird to me.

But for you 60 is normal except that now it feels worse right?

ramyeon

ana is the new widow.

I hate every single person that picks her. So fucking bad. They hold their alts like they only get one per game, they are never in spots to heal, they try to super long range dps. Ana was a mistake
Are you ever not angry?

She JUST came out. Let people get it out of their systems.

Borden

Neo Member
ana is the new widow.

Today I watched 3 different Widows standing up high trying to get kills as the OT clock runs out. Multiple times each. These are the players that need to sink into the depths of the ranking system so no one has to play with them.

Blizzard

Banned
I usually keep to 30. Anything north of that starts to feel real weird to me.

But for you 60 is normal except that now it feels worse right?
Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever gotten under 60 ping in Overwatch on the east coast.

My only hope is that it feels weird because of the week's break, and I'll get used to it again. Another game felt a bit better, so the server might have been part of it too.

duckroll

So far after a day of Ana-isms, I haven't played a single game where I felt the Ana players were holding back their ult. I mean, many of them aren't very good, and some were totally useless, but they weren't holding back on the ult. In fact it's more like they can't wait to fire it off and use it at all the wrong times on the wrong people.

Antiwhippy

I think so far all of my nano boost resulted in POTGs for the other guy.

They really need like, joint POTG.

You were nothing without me.

Borden

Neo Member
Overbuff says I'm top 51% in Mercy healing. Damn, can't imagine how people are healing that much more.
Just longer games. It's a total amount per game not per second or minute average. If you're on a really good team, it's over quick and they don't need much help. If you're on a bad team that just hangs out in the back or on the flanks without doing much damage, same thing. Little to help with and a short match.

Ramirez

I heal almost 40% of damage on Lucio/Route 66 and we still just get absolutely pulverized. It's just depressing when you're doing everything you can and you still just get destroyed.

I still can't believe I run into Reinhardt's who do nothing but stand with their shield up. We were stuck in the opening area until OT because he did absolutely nothing to help clear the payload. Swing your fucking hammer at Lucio!!

patchday

ana is the new widow.

wow that's some serious knee jerk

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Truthfully, I stopped caring about POTG months ago.

It's decisions of what are POTG and what are not are incredibly poor and for a game that hides a scoreboard to 'prevent toxic behavior' it's something that promotes kills above teamwork above all else. And usually not even skillful kills.

peakish

I think you're reading this wrong. It doesn't mean the Lucio is playing poorly but it can not be used to safely say that the rest of the team was shit. Same goes for an offense/offensive tank getting the four medals they should excel in. It just means you're (at least partially) doing what you're supposed to.

Ramirez

I think you're reading this wrong. It doesn't mean the Lucio is playing poorly but it can not be used to safely say that the rest of the team was shit. Same goes for an offense/offensive tank getting the four medals they should excel in. It just means you're (at least partially) doing what you're supposed to.

Nah, I think if a Lucio is topping the kill charts, no matter how much damage he's laying out, the team is probably shit. There's simply no way he can get access to the amount of kills offensive characters do, cmon.

bkw

Just longer games. It's a total amount per game not per second or minute average. If you're on a really good team, it's over quick and they don't need much help. If you're on a bad team that just hangs out in the back or on the flanks without doing much damage, same thing. Little to help with and a short match.
Makes sense. C'mon matchmaker! Quit putting me in games with mismatched teams!
Truthfully, I stopped caring about POTG months ago.

It's decisions of what are POTG and what are not are incredibly poor and for a game that hides a scoreboard to 'prevent toxic behavior' it's something that promotes kills above teamwork above all else. And usually not even skillful kills.
Yep. Same here. I just alt tab at the end of the game till the POTG is over. I wish I could skip it like the kill cam.

peakish

Nah, I think if a Lucio is topping the kill charts, no matter how much damage he's laying out, the team is probably shit. There's simply no way he can get access to the amount of kills offensive characters do, cmon.
I don't think it's weird, especially on KOTH maps where the enemy team converges to one point. If you're playing really well, get lucky with your shots and stay alive for long periods you can rack up them elims.

I will say that it's more uncommon to see it these days as people are better at dealing with him but I still don't think it's a good measure because all circumstances are different. Medals are a pat on the back, they don't mean a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom