• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

I'm beginning to dislike *cough* ex hanzo *cough* Ana players in assault mode and KOTH. She is not meant to play in this kind of modes especially she is a sniper.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm beginning to dislike *cough* ex hanzo *cough* Ana players in assault mode and KOTH. She is not meant to play in this kind of modes especially she is a sniper.

You're really not meant to play her as a sniper though.

Nano boosted reinhardt is nearly as good as graviton surge in breaking points.

Ana can't even be a good sniper because unlike Hanzo and Widowmaker, she can't easily reach vantage positions, since all she has is a basic jump and a basic walk. She's more meant to be a backrow/mid-range skirmisher, much like Hanzo is meant to be played, rather than a long range sniper like Widowmaker.

Why is Ana so prevalent all of a sudden? EVERY team of randoms I match with in QP use her. Is she THAT good?

Hmm... might be... perhaps... cause she's a new character and people like to try new characters? Just a shot in the blue here, I'm probably wrong.

Okay guys, which is the best Anna skin
The white one

Observe her in all of her glory
Ana can be great in KOTH, as long as people don't play her as a sniper.

She's not REALLY a sniper. It's a component of her kit, but she is most effective when she is very close to the team.

Ana can do some damage, but only in support of another damage dealer like Soldier or McCree.
She's okay against squishies too, as long as it's not 1v1. If she's in a skirmish and a 200 health hero is right in front of her but isn't attacking her she can probably take it out, or at least make a significant dent and then someone else will finish it quickly.

Best to focus on healing though.

Oh that reminds me, my problem with weapon switching on Mercy/Torb was indeed tied to the mouse wheel. Thanks whomever told me about that being potentially the issue (I think it might've been Antiwhippy? Definitely somebody with a Mei avatar though).

I still have to hold 1/2 sometimes to swap properly (otherwise it just cancels the animation), but it doesn't swap me back now that I put the mousewheel out of the controls entirely.
Oddly enough I have a similar problem with non-forced reloading sometimes, where I have to hold the R button, otherwise the reload animation stops in the middle.

I've yet to see Ana influence a game in any meaningful way at higher ranks barring her ult. In Quick Play, I can make some use of her but then other issues arise like lack of communication and people assuming Ana is a Mercy-esque healer.

D.Va is absolutely broken though. I ate 8-9 ults with her in a match earlier. Didn't even know I could catch Zarya's until today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
how out of wack would it throw things if they made it so mei froze tracer quickly?

it seems crazy to me that mei doesn't counter tracer

LiK

sigh
played with friends, we aren't as good anymore or something was off
down to 63- lowest in half a week, feels bad :/

So asking again for GAF- anyone on PS4 and want to just drag our ranks up whos around that rank?

Thinking tomorrow, ~6pm or 7pm CST or such?

But
I got 4 more reaper POTGs in a row. Let me have my free ego points.
(If you ult and it kills 3-4 and you shoot someone it's all but guaranteed)

Why don't you ask me? Can't guarantee anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
no one can really counter a good Tracer player

Right. Which seems wrong. And it would give Mei something to do which she currently lacks at higher levels. Like she looks like she was designed to counter Tracer but Tracer's the poster girl so that can't happen, right?

It's just like Tracer can recall out of Heroes of the Storm's Chromie's ultimate. The fucking Aspect of Time. Tracer can recall out of it. Blizzard's Tracer boner knows no genre limits.

Right. Which seems wrong. And it would give Mei something to do which she currently lacks at higher levels. Like she looks like she was designed to counter Tracer but Tracer's the poster girl so that can't happen, right?

It's just like Tracer can recall out of Heroes of the Storm's Chromie's ultimate. The fucking Aspect of Time. Tracer can recall out of it. Blizzard's Tracer boner knows no genre limits.

Cheers love.
CTOdwBWUsAAXAm2.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The best way to counter Tracey is just to play in a way that makes her a useless pick i.e. No snipers and stick together as a team. Being the poster girl she has no hard counters (although McCree, Roadhog, and Winston are variably useful), but if she can't get easy pickoffs against vulnerable enemies or dies a bunch then you've made her into much less of a good pickup for the enemy team.

Rixxan

No one is going to consistently land flashbangs on a good Tracer

You don't really need to, if you are accurate with your left click you will make her scramble big time, land a couple and make one a headshot and she's dead

This probably doesn't translate to console though

A good Tracer is like Akuma. Deadly, but still with a small health pool so it's not impossible. Now Mei on the other hand, with her ability to self heal and ignore damage for a few seconds to reset a 1v1, is rather annoying. Like SFIV Elena.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also i gotta say, she dies real quick to reaper.

The amount of tracers that died as she zips towards me is kinda amusing.

LiK

Did the Widow Ult voice fix ever come to consoles? I still don't hear it when the enemy team uses it. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Did the Widow Ult voice fix ever come to consoles? I still don't hear it when the enemy team uses it. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention.
It did, but you still kind of have to listen closely, as you can miss it sometimes. She speaks it in her native language every time, if that helps.

LiK

I can't help but think we'll see Nintendo character parody skins down the line. Maybe just skirt along the lines without getting in trouble.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope they don't do the Heroes of the Storm style dumb costumes and that they're actually fitting of the character and themes in the game.

Like let's not have Cybergoth or Punk happen ever again.

Veelk

Banned
One change I'd like to be made to Tracer is being able to track where she goes when she uses recall.

I know when the player uses it, he still sees tracer's hands, so she doesn't disappear, but from the outside players perspective, that's exactly what she does.

Letting us see where she's going will give players a chance to counter. I've tried to keep in mind where she is 3 seconds from now at all times, but given how she blinks, it's pretty much impossible to discern. I think her having I-frames while in transit would be fine, but I'm just sick of how she gets away EVERY damn time. Give me SOMETHING to handle her ass, please.

One change I'd like to be made to Tracer is being able to track where she goes when she uses recall.

I know when the player uses it, he still sees tracer's hands, so she doesn't disappear, but from the outside players perspective, that's exactly what she does.

Letting us see where she's going will give players a chance to counter. I've tried to keep in mind where she is 3 seconds from now at all times, but given how she blinks, it's pretty much impossible to discern. I think her having I-frames while in transit would be fine, but I'm just sick of how she gets away EVERY damn time. Give me SOMETHING to handle her ass, please.
League has a character with a similar power, when it's not on cd he had a shadow follow his steps so you know exactly where he'll be. I wonder how taxing something like that would be in a game like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom