• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

I've yet to see Ana influence a game in any meaningful way at higher ranks barring her ult. In Quick Play, I can make some use of her but then other issues arise like lack of communication and people assuming Ana is a Mercy-esque healer.

D.Va is absolutely broken though. I ate 8-9 ults with her in a match earlier. Didn't even know I could catch Zarya's until today.

Ana is a Mercy-esque healer that heals 50% more health per second than Mercy without buff and 3x as much as Mercy with grenade buff. She's the ultimate tank healer if she's played by a skilled player that can land all her shots. She can let Reinhardt go full offense and survive vs half the other team or more during grenade buff uptime. Also since she can heal 150 health per second with grenade buff after grenade provides 100 hitpoints, she gets her ult super quick if your team is tank heavy just by shooting her friends.

Also her grenade buff helps all healing. Roadhog can drink his entire hitpoints back in one swig. Zen globe is as strong as a Mercy heal when the grenade is on.

Seems like a good class for healing if the team goes tank heavy. But the ult is so game changing, it will probably be a requirement as the only counter to it is your own Ana to sleep dart the opposing Nano boosted player.

Ertai

So, help me out here because i'm fearing for my sanity. I'm playing on PS4, so please take this into account.

As of the past couple of days i simply cannot seem to win games anymore, this has cause my rating to drop from 63 to 54 at the moment and i cannot take this anymore. Tidat i went 4-7 and yesterday i went 6-14. I even managed to win a game which didn't count because the server had an issue and i was stuck in a black screen after the POTG scene.

And also, the amount of ranking i lose is so disproportinally low when compared to what i get when i actually DO win that i need to put down some serious winstreaks in order to actually hope to regain some of my rankings.

So the question for you PS4 players is, are you experiening the same problems? I played solo mostly the past couple of days and my team gets mowed down so fast it's not even funny anymore and it's severely impacting my enjoyment of the game to the point that i'm just gonna quit it altogether.

I get that you can't win em all but this is just ridiiculous.

Veelk

Banned
So, help me out here because i'm fearing for my sanity. I'm playing on PS4, so please take this into account.

As of the past couple of days i simply cannot seem to win games anymore, this has cause my rating to drop from 63 to 54 at the moment and i cannot take this anymore. Tidat i went 4-7 and yesterday i went 6-14. I even managed to win a game which didn't count because the server had an issue and i was stuck in a black screen after the POTG scene.

And also, the amount of ranking i lose is so disproportinally low when compared to what i get when i actually DO win that i need to put down some serious winstreaks in order to actually hope to regain some of my rankings.

So the question for you PS4 players is, are you experiening the same problems? I played solo mostly the past couple of days and my team gets mowed down so fast it's not even funny anymore and it's severely impacting my enjoyment of the game to the point that i'm just gonna quit it altogether.

Yeah, sometimes you just go on an inexplicable losing streak. I was on one a day or two ago. I mostly play QP too, but I had like 40 more games won than lost. That number dropped to around 20.

Sometimes the game is just cruel and I don't know why.

Don't force your way through losing streaks. If you lose 3 matches in a row, take a break.

LiK

Playing solo is a real gamble. You might end up being MMed with good players who know how to adapt or just end up with a shit team who refuse to choose counters and/or support each other.

I went through a pretty shitty losin streak one night with randoms. Made me not wanna ever go completely solo again. Playing with one buddy is better than nothing.

Tried Ana out last night, I think I could really get pretty good! I've found I ended up with a ton of healing at the end of the game by just kind of shooting constantly, but I definitely need to use my other abilities more. That sleep dart is incredibly useful sometimes, I got the pixel spray by totally shutting down Hog's ult.

LiK

I've had really odd luck with loot boxes lately. Either all dupes or double new purples. Weird. I'm past level 100 so maybe that's why.

DrArchon

Played some more last night, still only Zenyatta because I love Zenyatta so much as a character and a playstyle. I'm not sure if it's the buffs or random dumb luck but I went something like 3-1 last night, and the loss was a pretty close game as well.

He's still not good enough to be a solo support, but paired with Ana or Lucio he's a beast. I still haven't gotten his achievement for healing 1500 with one Transcendence, which is bullshit because I used it when our whole team was grabbed by a Zarya ult and hit with a Reaper ult once.

Ana seems like an amazing support in theory, but she's the only healer that can miss her healing so for someone like me who doesn't have the best aim she's not really an option if I want to help out. Her grenade is disgusting though with any other healer on the team, and I'm surprised at just how many things it does. Like, that seems like her best tool really.

Two Left Shoes

Neo Member
I had a guy rage at me on my PSN inbox, because I was dancing on the payload as Lucio. He said I should of been behind my teammates and providing support, but SOMEONE had to contest to payload. What am I supposed to let the enemy team march the payload down to the next checkpoint? heh By dancing I mean jumping around on it.

I've been having a blast though. When I solo queued the other night the people who were already in a group invited me to their party. I've been playing since day one and have never felt like that the game isn't fun anymore, it's always awesome! xD. I just switch to quick play if I'm a losing streak in competitive. I don't want to drive myself crazy.

Yep the quality of team mates is so varied it does feel like you're being gamed.

Ertai

Yeah, sometimes you just go on an inexplicable losing streak. I was on one a day or two ago. I mostly play QP too, but I had like 40 more games won than lost. That number dropped to around 20.

Sometimes the game is just cruel and I don't know why.

Past few days have cost me around 3% winrating dropping to 52something. Getting completely mowed down because Pharah is not touched and she nukes us undisturbed, people leaving the match after 1 round loss and getting maximum punishment for thay, 2-3 people running from the payload to chase that one player....and the list goes on.

Paragon.

But if I have to choose, Lionhardt looks pretty sweet.
The Paragon one is pretty fantastic. I just love how regal and decked out and shiny Lionhardt is.

Bloodhart
That's a rad skin, but I actually already have Blackhardt for him.

I was thinking of getting a Roadhog legendary skin because I don't have any legendary skins for him, and I've really gotten into playing him the past few days, but I'm not particularly fond of his legendary skins.

Well I finally figured out how to be effective as Pharah and now I love playing as her.

Good thing too because I've randomly gotten 2 of her legendary skins and a few rare ones as well.

ohkay

Happens to me all the time. Last week I went from 49 - 57, then the next few days dropped to 53, and then went back up to 58. Solo queue is really a coin flip of whether your teammates are gonna be good or not

Nyx

Just checked playoverwatch and noticed I've played 72 comp games and won 32.

Started as rank 46, went to 48, now 41.
When I lose 3-4 matches in a row I stop playing and try again later or the next day. Still enjoying most of my playtime though!

I've had really odd luck with loot boxes lately. Either all dupes or double new purples. Weird. I'm past level 100 so maybe that's why.

I passed level 100 this weekend and since then all my loot boxes have basically been white/blue with duplicates. Got my first all duplicate box last night. Also got a legendary, but guess what? It was a duplicate!

Thankfully I'm sitting on like 2000 coins right now so when new skins drop I'll be able to pick and choose which ones I want. Either that or I'm dangerously close to just blowing through all my money to get the "acquire 50 items of one character" trophy.

League has a character with a similar power, when it's not on cd he had a shadow follow his steps so you know exactly where he'll be. I wonder how taxing something like that would be in a game like this

Dota 2 has one as well, and it has no visual indicator apart from a small animation when he activates time lapse. But it doesn't show you where he's going to be, so if you don't pay attention it's easy to lose track of the bugger.

Yesterday was the last time I've won more than I've lost in a long time. I was grouped up with 4 other people that have added me over time. However, 2 of them would constantly DC and the risk of losing MMR for that reason made me stop playing with them after a few rounds.

Error1355

I am not gonna play competitive mode anymore. I was getting frustrated at the game and no longer having fun after doing nothing but falling rank constantly.

Switched back to just quick play and back to having fun even if I lose.

Drewfonse

I am not gonna play competitive mode anymore. I was getting frustrated at the game and no longer having fun after doing nothing but falling rank constantly.

Yeah, QP just doesn't aggravate me like comp does. I'm not a screen yeller, but overwatch comp is bringing out the worst in me.

To the point that my videogame clueless wife actually told me to try a different character.

Oh really, bitch, desperately playing 6 different ones in one game isn't enough for you? Maybe I'll switch to Hanzo...

DrArchon

I stopped caring about ranking down a while ago. Now I just play competitive for the longer matches and no hero stacking. Competitive still has a ton of value in the regard.

I can totally understand going back to quick play though.

I will go to QP when I feel like I want to try someone new or in this case, feeling out the new patch.

Ranked makes it feel like there is something on the line and worth playing more. Wins in QP is all meh to me.

then you realized QP you have tryhards but they just need to recruit people for ranked so it's a lose lose.

but in other news. i got the other legendary skin for tracer in the loot box. feelsgoodman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually just had a game on Dorado as Hanzo where I was up on the notorious sniper perch, where it passes the building and sort of has a u shaped road. You know the one.

Anyways, I was going between there and up to the little connected patio area and was doing the Hanzo deal. And the enemy team Ana kept trying to get into snipe battles with me. I'm not talking about like taking pot shots at me. I'm talking like the whole 'move behind cover come out of cover repeat aiming at the target' shebang. It was kind of funny.

And we really pushed the cart back. I was reigning decent death and our Lucio was extremely good. And they made a push at the end and got the cart back because we overextended. And it was like last second absolutely no time left on the clock when they got the cart back. They come down the same pathway from before. I use my ult on the cart, they all leave the cart to avoid it 'Victory'

That was the kind of shit I wish was POTG. Making the team leave their cart in overtime.

LiK

I had a guy rage at me on my PSN inbox, because I was dancing on the payload as Lucio. He said I should of been behind my teammates and providing support, but SOMEONE had to contest to payload. What am I supposed to let the enemy team march the payload down to the next checkpoint? heh By dancing I mean jumping around on it.

I've been having a blast though. When I solo queued the other night the people who were already in a group invited me to their party. I've been playing since day one and have never felt like that the game isn't fun anymore, it's always awesome! xD. I just switch to quick play if I'm a losing streak in competitive. I don't want to drive myself crazy.

Meh, you were doing your job. Moving the payload is the objective. If they can't get close to you and the payload to get healed then they just suck a lot. The payload is cover too.

BigDug13

Dancing on the payload is what Lucio does. Ended up joining a game because someone rage quit on defense Gibraltar when the payload was nearly to the end. I jumped on Lucio and proceeded to dance my ass off on top of the payload, around it, knocking enemies back everytime the right click popped, whatever until the spawning teammates could get their shit together. Ended up winning by sheer spawn advantage because they just couldn't get me.

And what's with the "get behind your team" bullshit? You're still providing your support to any friendly in range, and their range should be near the payload unless they're a flanker.

Ertai

They also seriously need to take a look at your rank when you have a leaver on your team. Just lost Hanamura attack on the 2nd point because we had a leaver. We actually managed to capture 1 point with 1 member short and i lost a complete level.

Unwinnable situations shouldnt be prnalised so harshly

ISOM

I can't tell you how frustrated I am with solo comp. So many people who are in the 50s mind you, don't know not to have two snipers at the same time, or that we need a healer or tank, or not to go from widow to hanzo if you're playing bad. It really makes no sense to how these people give no regards to doing anything different in competitive vs quick play. They play the same, fuck the team and I lost 4 ranks because of it.

I got bitched out yesterday for the first time.

We played Defense on Rt66. I started off as Mei, but it was pretty clear that Mei was not the right pick at the start of the map. So I switched to Pharah. We already had a Pharah, but this team had very little anti-Pharah characters so I figured this would be great for us.

For some reason, the Lucio on our team was bitching about me switching to Pharah the entire rest of the map. We weren't doing badly. We forced them into overtime for the first two checkpoints, and stopped them a little ways before the final point. But this guy just would not let up. He wanted me to be Winston, and made that very clear.

I've just never seen anything like it. Personally, I don't get the logic of bitching at teammates in comp games anyway. 9 times out of 10, you're just pissing off your teammate and making them play worse, sometimes just to spite you. I mean, there is nothing wrong with recommendations, but orders and condescension is just dumb.

Edit: We ended up losing about 3 meters shy of the second checkpoint.

ISOM

I got bitched out yesterday for the first time.

We played Defense on Rt66. I started off as Mei, but it was pretty clear that Mei was not the right pick at the start of the map. So I switched to Pharah. We already had a Pharah, but this team had very little anti-Pharah characters so I figured this would be great for us.

For some reason, the Lucio on our team was bitching about me switching to Pharah the entire rest of the map. We weren't doing badly. We forced them into overtime for the first two checkpoints, and stopped them a little ways before the final point. But this guy just would not let up. He wanted me to be Winston, and made that very clear.

I've just never seen anything like it. Personally, I don't get the logic of bitching at teammates in comp games anyway. 9 times out of 10, you're just pissing off your teammate and making them play worse, sometimes just to spite you. I mean, there is nothing wrong with recommendations, but orders and condescension is just dumb.

Edit: We ended up losing about 3 meters shy of the second checkpoint.

Not sure why your post is referring to mine?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm still waiting for my hate pm whispers when i headshot people with hanzo

You really want to make people mad with headshots?
image.php

that's your ticket

So many people forget about the pay load, or making sure someone is on the point. They all just take off chasing people instead of pushing or protecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom