• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Did you even read the patch notes?

nah, I just checked my trophy list, do we know how much more 'lenient' the timing is?

also was there any mention of a Mei tweak in the notes? was just playing a game and the Mei on my team, her walls NEVER went down after a certain amount of time like they usually do, do they have to be damaged now?

abundant

Symmetra nerf was stupid, same with the torb nerf, since it literally has not been a problem since comp play, and really the only issue torb had was torb stacking

This seems like blizzard not knowing wtf they are doing tbh

I wonder how long will it take for them to buff Torb and Symm? It took over a month until they buffed McCree after he was hit with the nerf hammer.

Ertai

Ran into a nano boosted Genji with an ultimate, that hurt.

Love McCree now, i'll probably pick him more often.

I hope you rot in hell Torbjorn. I'm not going to miss you.

First game i played had a Torbjorn on the enemy team, due to the snap aiming they're still really annoying and Molten Core is still OP. Turret damage nerf will probably not be that big a game changer, removing stacking is.

Jarate

Banned
I wonder how long will it take for them to buff Torb and Symm? It took over a month until they buffed McCree after he was hit with the nerf hammer.

Like we can all look at the stats on masteroverwatch, torb and symmetra are less useful in comp play compared to the PC version apparently. And now this just further buffs Pharrah

This is really dumb, like really dumb. It looks like they are basing this on quick play stats which is the wrong way to go

kaskade

I'm disappointed about that Symmetra nerf. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about them. They're not exactly hard to destroy and you have to be pretty close for them to get you anyway. They were pretty much flanker counters on maps for me.

Ertai

I'm disappointed about that Symmetra nerf. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about them. They're not exactly hard to destroy and you have to be pretty close for them to get you anyway. They were pretty much flanker counters on maps for me.

The slowing effect is what makes them annoying for me, the damage not so much.

Soma

Wtf @ blizzard nerfing my bae Sym?

Guess the Zen buff makes up for it (my second favorite hero) but I'm still salty over this :/

xaosslug

PS4 patch notes, both Torbjörn and Symmetra turrets damage down 30%

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747634650

wow, RIP insta-teleporter at the beginning of a match, I guess. They should boost the survivability of the damn things, at least? I mean you blow on them and they're destroyed anyway! -__-

the Torb nerf will more than likely be reversed or altered in some way next update, because he's way too popular and the complaints will flood in. LOL

Jarate

Banned
call the turret nerfs dumb but those stats show

stats dont show shit

Comp play symmetra and torb both have lower win % on ps4 then on PC

quick play is different, but that's because people don't play as teams on quick play at all. It isnt worth balancing that mode, competitive is the place for balancing.

Soulflarz

Banned
stats dont show shit

Comp play symmetra and torb both have lower win % on ps4 then on PC

quick play is different, but that's because people don't play as teams on quick play at all. It isnt worth balancing that mode, competitive is the place for balancing.

Oh, thought it was 10% more on comp?

And yeah I do agree the nerf is mildly pointless because I didn't hate it as long as they weren't torb stacking.

Jarate

Banned
Oh, thought it was 10% more on comp?

And yeah I do agree the nerf is mildly pointless because I didn't hate it as long as they weren't torb stacking.

it was 10% before they put up comp play, now that comp play is out, we have actual useful statistical data to use

BigDug13

So nice new bug on PS4 introduced with patch:

MEI WALL is now PERMANENT. Like she places it and it stays forever until she lays another wall or you shoot through it.

Hope we don't have to wait weeks for that to get fixed. They can pretty much hold Hanamura defense main entrance with one Mei.

Jarate

Banned

MEI WALL is now PERMANENT. Like she places it and it stays forever until she lays another wall or you shoot through it.

Hope we don't have to wait weeks for that to get fixed. They can pretty much hold Hanamura defense main entrance with one Mei.

BLIZZARD GAME BALANCING

Soulflarz

Banned

New Meta™

BigDug13

BLIZZARD GAME BALANCING

It was weird I first noticed it on King's Row offense. This wall was just sitting there. I kept checking to make sure they didn't have more than one Mei (this was quickplay). Nope, one Mei, Ice wall remained there until I shot it down.

Always thought the turret nerfs were due to it being harder to react/aim on console?
That was for Torb because his turret had insta aim and could kill you fairly fast, which is why they needed the damage. Symm turrets didn't do a whole lot of damage so you had way more time to react. Although one Torb isn't usually too hard to deal with, it was Torb stacking that was the problem which they fixed making the nerf unnecessary.

BigDug13

It's been reported on the Blizzard bug forums.

Also the payload will drive right through it without breaking it. They're also reporting that Mei cannot take the wall down herself.

Can teammates deal damage to destroy a friendly Mei's wall? If not that supposed glitch would make the game literally unplayable with trolls.

ramyeon

A-Mei-zing!

This fucking sucks.

Shit like this is why regular gamers start thinking they're smarter than devs. Who the hell thought Symmetra needed a nerf? As it is I can barely keep tele porters up, and her shield is of minimal impact. The only people who died to her turrets were squishes, and that only worked if they ran into a concentrated amount of turrets which have 1 hp.

Sure you could argue her win % is high, but her usage rate is incredibly low because she's a specialized pick.

Oh, I'd also like to mention that the torn nerd is now twice as dumb as a reduction of 30% damage made sense as an emergency nerd, but considering it took them 3 weeks to get the patch out, you'd think they could have thought of something better by now (like, i don't know, nerving the molten core charge rate). And that's without mentioning that getting rid of stacking in competitive solved most of the problem.

lol. they still have the issue where it doesn't show attack/defend when you join a game for console.
Like I said, the PTR is more like early access than a bug locating platform. They seem to make very few changes between Ptr and patch.

hydruxo

Wait really? Gonna have to test this out because that's ridiculous if true

New meta.

Troll mei's lock both teams in nepal and just forever stay on the point for infinite contention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom