• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I have literally never had problems with Torbjorn in comp play. Maybe his effectiveness is much better in quick play where people dont know what they are doing

KillGore

I have literally never had problems with Torbjorn in comp play. Maybe his effectiveness is much better in quick play where people dont know what they are doing

In consoles? I had a comp match yesterday against 4 Torbjorns

A lot of matches involve two Torbjorns behind Reinhardt's shield.

mellow

they didn't adjust zenyatta's trophies like I thought they were going to, since, you know, they're impossible right now

rip platinum

KillGore

But that's gone. One per hero

True, dem molten cores tho

Definitely game changer. More so than most other ult.

Edit: They needed to nerf him for quickplay, unless you would start having different strengths and weakneses within the same character between both gametypes (quickplay and competitive). That would get a bit complicated.

BigDug13

They went by metrics. Torb and Symmetra both have 10% higher win rate on consoles than PC. That's the simple truth. I don't really agree with the Symmetra turret nerf. But Symmetra herself is harder to kill on console because of controller aiming. I've bunny hop microwaved an entire team before on PS4.

Ok cool PS4 patch out let's read the patch notes.

*Read's Sym notes*

What the hell, no one asked for this!! I asked for the torb nerf but that was way before the one hero limit, which indirectly nerfed his ass. The sentry's while annoying, were much easier to deal with, and took a pretty much one bullet from anyone..

Comp or Quickplay?

Quickplay is Quickplay. Yes, winning is fun, but sometimes you go into QP for other reasons.

I've been playing nothing but Roadhog lately because i'm finally trying to learn the character and I want to know his limits inside and out. I've probably cost the game a few times, but it's quickplay and thats what it is for.
If it's comp, then yeah, your team is dumb.
Yeah, it was comp, if it was QP i would have just switched to a character I needed practice with.

Also, smh with the symm nerf. Of course the day the patch comes out is the day that starts my 4 days out of town so I can't play ):

Well. As a (former) Symmetra main, this is disappointing. I've found myself using her less and less on Defence as it is anyway. Very odd change.

Jarate

Banned
They went by metrics. Torb and Symmetra both have 10% higher win rate on consoles than PC. That's the simple truth.

Torbs competitive win rate is 57% and Symnmetra's is 62% (although this has more to do with useage then anything else) I'd imagine it's because on consoles defense generally wins more

BigDug13

Someone had to ask for them.....

I just have to wonder.... Who the hell did you have problems with the turrets?

People don't always ask for shit. They look at metrics and see Symmetra has 10% higher win rate on console than PC. Not every nerf comes from whiners on a forum.

Ramirez

I thought someone said if you switch off a character, it doesn't count it as their loss? No one stays on Symmetra after the first point, lol.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Symmetra nerf is awful and the Torb nerf isn't needed anymore with the one hero rule in comp.

BigDug13

Torbs competitive win rate is 57% and Symnmetra's is 62% (although this has more to do with useage then anything else) I'd imagine it's because on consoles defense generally wins more

That's definitely a possibility. Maybe they don't want defense to win so often on console.

Jarate

Banned
People don't always ask for shit. They look at metrics and see Symmetra has 10% higher win rate on console than PC. Not every nerf comes from whiners on a forum.

Symmetra and torb have higher win % on comp on the PC version then they don on the console version according to masteroverwatch

Quickplay should not be what they base the meta on

Prelude.

Ana's generous hitboxes for allies is a pretty big hassle sometimes. I hope they'll tweak it a little bit because it gets in the way a bit too often for my liking.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus fuck @McCree now

Wow-Whee, decent range, I pegged a Pharah out of the sky and Winston lots half health before he reached me with his jump

Damn Hanzo players will be swapping to to him after that hitbox nerf

Pharah with Nano-Boost is UNREAL, MOTHER OF GOD I FELT LIKE GOD DESCENDED FROM THE HEAVENS AND JUST ROCKETED EVERYTHING BREATHING...

Good Lord an Ana with Right Attacker melts with their Regular and Ultimate

Zennys Heal orb swap is so quick, thank fuck

Competitive about to be rebalanced team setup

Pharah can get hurt real good now by a Zen, Mid McCree who pays attention to the sky, and D.Va
Jesus she literally is a Tank Meka now

Jarate

Banned
Symmetra nerf was stupid, same with the torb nerf, since it literally has not been a problem since comp play, and really the only issue torb had was torb stacking

This seems like blizzard not knowing wtf they are doing tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom