• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

The game is essentially unplayable for me right now.

People are basically refusing to play smart because they have a new toy and upgrades for old ones, so I'm getting some straight up stupid matches, and which then crash.

I'll give it some time.
Play the Weekly Brawl. Have some fun. Play around yourself.

Yes, people want to play around with the new character and buffed characters. This is not a surprise, everyone was expecting this.

Kuro

Blizzards balance patch is pretty awful so far. Dva essentially has unlimited matrix if used correctly which is perfect for a tankier Zen and a sniping Mccree to hide behind while Hog can still hook you with out even seeing you.

Gator86

The game is essentially unplayable for me right now.

People are basically refusing to play smart because they have a new toy and upgrades for old ones, so I'm getting some straight up stupid matches, and which then crash.

I'll give it some time.

Yeah, people won't play any hero not tweaked in the patch. Ana's sleep grenade fucking sucks. It seems like automatic death and just laying there for that long isn't fun at all. She's new, so I'm sure Im missing something, but goddamn

LiK

I wish Blizzard would let me know if my friends are in a group. They need to really work on the social parts.

Veelk

Banned
Play the Weekly Brawl. Have some fun. Play around yourself.

Yes, people want to play around with the new character and buffed characters. This is not a surprise, everyone was expecting this.

I never like the weekly brawls except for Mobawatch, which I am basically begging to be brought back as a permanent mode. I tried this one and it's the same problem I have with others: a limited hero selection exclusive to one group is not where the game shines. It's not that I resent that people are having fun with the new stuff, it's just that it isn't the kind of game I want to be playing right now. Granted, I'm considered somewhat weird, because I was going crazy over mobawatch while everyone else was "meh", but it's cool. It just means I need to take a small break. Which is probably good for me anyway, since this game has owned my life for the last few weeks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, people won't play any hero not tweaked in the patch. Ana's sleep grenade fucking sucks. It seems like automatic death and just laying there for that long isn't fun at all. She's new, so I'm sure Im missing something, but goddamn

You wake up immediately after taking 1 tickle of damage.

So don't play her if you have Winston on your team!

patchday

yeah its not hard to figure out this is not an ideal time to do ranked since a patch just dropped. In MOBAs you can ban new characters which helps a little (I hear Dota doesnt even allow new heroes in ranked at first). But since OW does neither you should just avoid ranked probably for at least 3 days unless for some reason you just gotta grind for yer golden guns

* In Smite- players cannot play a hero unless its 'mastered' (same with Heroes of the Storm now) but since OW has neither then you gotta avoid ranked for a little while. But I know many seems to have like 12 hrs a day to play so I'd imagine this idea seems incomprehensible

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
D.Va's Defense Matrix could use a 25% decrease, it should burn out like Pharah, right now it can be used ridiculously

If you're a squishy, it's pretty much an automatic death, but it is very hard to land on small characters. On tanks, they are likely to survive it, as they wake up after 1 hit - a hit that a tank or anyone with 250hp+ can survive.

Antiwhippy

I never like the weekly brawls except for Mobawatch, which I am basically begging to be brought back as a permanent mode. It's not that I resent that people are having fun with the new stuff, it's just that it isn't the kind of game I want to be playing right now. Granted, I'm considered somewhat weird, because I was going crazy over mobawatch while everyone else was "meh", but it's cool. It just means I need to take a small break. Which is probably good for me anyway, since this game has owned my life for the last few weeks.

Just play ranked.

It's mobawatch because randoms don't change characters to counterpick.

Squire

Banned
Blizzards balance patch is pretty awful so far. Dva essentially has unlimited matrix if used correctly which is perfect for a tankier Zen and a sniping Mccree to hide behind while Hog can still hook you with out even seeing you.

Your topic sense and body paragraph are mismatched.

LQX

I'm finding that Anna players do more shooting at the enemy than healing the team. It's almost a requirement to also have Lucio or Mercy if there is Anna as she will not get shit done.

Sou Da

I never like the weekly brawls except for Mobawatch, which I am basically begging to be brought back as a permanent mode. I tried this one and it's the same problem I have with others: a limited hero selection exclusive to one group is not where the game shines. It's not that I resent that people are having fun with the new stuff, it's just that it isn't the kind of game I want to be playing right now. Granted, I'm considered somewhat weird, because I was going crazy over mobawatch while everyone else was "meh", but it's cool. It just means I need to take a small break. Which is probably good for me anyway, since this game has owned my life for the last few weeks.

Just play ranked.

I was going to suggest this too.

Veelk

Banned
Just play ranked.

I can't play right now, but maybe later.

I've played a total of 5 games in ranked. 2 of them were just laughable loses. One was a laughable win. I don't like matches where one team just steamrolls the other. I like it less when I'm on the receiving end, but it's not a good feeling when you're up against opponents that can't do anything either. One match was a good match that we happened to lose, but it was a gg. And the last one was one that was going good and I think we would have won if life hadn't interfered and forced me to leave early.

Small sample size, I know, but I'm just worried that ranked is going to drive me batshit if even half my games are just steamrolls

GraveRobberX

Wanna invite me to a group for QP fun? I'm on

I'm fucking around in the weekly brawl
Just goofing the fuck off with Ana's boosting any tank I use lol

D.Va is amazing boosted, I used the Nuke boosted and my D.Va still had the Ultimate on her

Quintuple Fucking Kill Bitches!

I just want to try the buffed Zen. I love the character and he's fun to play. He was always just in need of a buff, and I hope this will make a good difference.

ramyeon

I can't play right now, but maybe later.

I've played a total of 5 games in ranked. 2 of them were just laughable loses. One was a laughable win. I don't like matches where one team just steamrolls the other. I like it less when I'm on the receiving end, but it's not a good feeling when you're up against opponents that can't do anything either. One match was a good match that we happened to lose, but it was a gg. And the last one was one that was going good and I think we would have won if life hadn't interfered and forced me to leave early.

Small sample size, I know, but I'm just worried that ranked is going to drive me batshit if even half my games are just steamrolls
Are you still doing your placement matches? Ideally the experience should even out a bit once you're actually ranked. It's not perfect of course, Season 2 should be better.

Gator86

I do like how everyone is choosing the news supports or tweaked attackers, leading to a need for a tank most of the time. Nope, motherfuckers still pick Reaper and Genji even though they haven't changed at all. Never change, Overwatch playerbase.

Veelk

Banned
Are you still doing your placement matches? Ideally the experience should even out a bit once you're actually ranked. It's not perfect of course, Season 2 should be better.

I talked about this earlier, but there were two main things I loved about Mobawatch. One was that there was no hero stacking. Fuck that shit. The other, however, was one that surprised me: No record keeping of any kind.

I'm someone who really wishes they didn't care about stats, but I do, and it does nothing for me. For example, I was pretty happy when I got my winrate in QP up to 55%, but now after a string of losses, it's slowly going down, and that bums me out. Again, I wish it didn't, but those meaningless statistics somehow matter to me. So when discovered that Mobawatch doesn't track your W/L at all, for me, it was a huge burden off my mind. I could play how I want, practice how I want, experiment, without worrying about any kind of black mark on my record. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I played as well as ever (if not better), or atleast that's how it felt, and winning was as fun as ever, but losing didn't frustrate me at all, because you start off with a clean slate the very next game.

One of the biggest reasons I'm apprehensive against ranked is specifically because I will be ranked. People already complain about how bullshit the system is, but honestly, I just don't want to be discouraged by having the game show my rank just dropping. Just in terms of psychology, it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience whatsoever.

Gator86

Fuck, Zenyatta is really fun to play now. This game is just magical. There's no bad heroes right now and Ana seems great too. Not 100% on the patch, but this game will be even more amazing once the Ana last dies down a little and comp becomes playable again.

Antiwhippy

I talked about this earlier, but there were two main things I loved about Mobawatch. One was that there was no hero stacking. Fuck that shit. The other, however, was one that surprised me: No record keeping of any kind.

I'm someone who really wishes they didn't care about stats, but I do, and it does nothing for me. For example, I was pretty happy when I got my winrate in QP up to 55%, but now after a string of losses, it's slowly going down, and that bums me out. Again, I wish it didn't, but those meaningless statistics somehow matter to me. So when discovered that Mobawatch doesn't track your W/L at all, for me, it was a huge burden off my mind. I could play how I want, practice how I want, experiment, without worrying about any kind of black mark on my record. Seriously, winning was as fun as ever, but losing didn't frustrate me at all, because you start off with a clean slate the very next game.

One of the biggest reasons I'm apprehensive against ranked is specifically because I will be ranked. People already complain about how bullshit the system is, but honestly, I just don't want to be discouraged by having the game show my rank just dropping. Just in terms of psychology, it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience whatsoever.

Just learn to battle through caring to not caring and then you'll ascend a higher plane of existence.

"Fuck my rankings i don't caaaaaaaare." - zenyatta

Veelk

Banned
Just learn to battle through caring to not caring and then you'll ascend a higher plane of existence.

"Fuck my rankings i don't caaaaaaaare." - zenyatta

How do you do that in ranked, a mode designed for the more competitive users who intentionally want to maximize their efficiency? I mean, if I wanted to practice my Widow in Mobawatch, no big deal. But if I do that in Ranked, I'm essentially fucking over my entire team. So that brings into question whether or not I even should not care, even if I want to.

I'm helping!

I will celebrate the day Mei gets nerfed as if it were the fourth of july and christmas combined.

Antiwhippy

Qp for practice and casual fun and ranked because the intensity of the matches makes it more fun. I care more about getting good matches than my rank, though of course i care about my rank too. I just try not to let it get to me and for the most part it doesn't.

Also mei is more likely to get buffed than nerfed. All defense heroes do. The power creep on damage and speed is quickly making most defense characters irrelevant.

Owzers

It turns out aiming is still a thing, not that great at Ana so far. I thought sleep dart would have a hit radius but it seems really narrow?

Chance

Question for Mercy players on PC!

The recent balance notes indicate...

• Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use

On PC, does this mean that there is essentially no cooldown for Guardian Angel with the latest patch? I was super-hyped to try it with the patch hitting PS4 today, and there's definitely still a 2-second cooldown after use.

Thanks if you can help!

GUYS OMG I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST LEGENDARY AT LEVEL 37.

I was playing with my cousin and was like come on please for the love of God give me a legendary. My cousin said what if it's a legendary Ana skin.

LO AND BEHOLD I GOT CAPTAIN AMARI. ESTATIC FIGHT NOW.

Blizzard you still need to fix loot box RNG please.

GraveRobberX

I'm sorry, but I LOVE YOU WEEKLY BRAWL

Holy Shit I almost peed myself

2 Reinhardts saw each other and charged each other, both got slept exactly at the same time

Fuck Me

Ramirez

I nanoboosted a Rein earlier and he just stood there with his shield up, lol.

Blizzard needs to put in game videos you have to watch with new chars. Not that guys fault, doubt he even knew what it was, lol.

Antiwhippy

I nanoboosted a Rein earlier and he just stood there with his shield up, lol.

Blizzard needs to put in game videos you have to watch with new chars. Not that guys fault, doubt he even knew what it was, lol.

That's nothing.

I nano boosted a bastion... Who then ran into a corner to repair himself and then just waited around the corner in turret form.

Prelude.

Question for Mercy players on PC!

The recent balance notes indicate...

• Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use

On PC, does this mean that there is essentially no cooldown for Guardian Angel with the latest patch? I was super-hyped to try it with the patch hitting PS4 today, and there's definitely still a 2-second cooldown after use.

Thanks if you can help!
No, the cooldown resets when using her ult so she can fly away immediately, that's what that note is referencing.

Ended up facing a team of 4 Meis abusing the Ice Wall bug while it was still active. Unfortunately, we immediately steamrolled them due to having 4/6 characters who could navigate over the wall like it was nothing. Karma.

As for Ana and the new buffs, I think they're pretty good. Only thing I might change is D.Va taking damage some damage from her Ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom