• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

First Zen game. My boy

ZqobYY0.png

duckroll

Why the fuck would you pick two snipers on attack in sudden death? And yet we have no tank. I just don't get it...

Depending on the map, if you get Attack on Sudden Death, I can see a 2 Widow, 2 Tracer, 2 Genji strategy working out really, really well actually. Blitz the enemy, confuse them, snipe them off, capture the point while they respawn. Victory.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
According to my coworker, at the SDCC Overwatch panel, Blizzard confirmed that Mercy is not an "immortal vampire". *heh*

But is she dr frankenstein?

Because that seems more likely.

Depending on the map, if you get Attack on Sudden Death, I can see a 2 Widow, 2 Tracer, 2 Genji strategy working out really, really well actually. Blitz the enemy, confuse them, snipe them off, capture the point while they respawn. Victory.

1HL.

Grisby

This is terrible. Ana's everywhere. Played one game of comp and it was a genji, ana, and widow on Anubis attack.

Just.

1dsaEj3.gif

It'll get better though. Also, does D.Va seem a bit too OP now? Asking for a friend.

Antiwhippy

Weirdly enough I don't think I've ever been in a team where multi ana is a thing.

TBF there was this one time where I switched out because someone picked ana after I picked her, but in general people try not to stack with her.

1 hero limit now and yeah all they did was feed Reinhardt and D.Va's shields.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weirdly enough I don't think I've ever been in a team where multi ana is a thing.

TBF there was this one time where I switched out because someone picked ana after I picked her, but in general people try not to stack with her.

Day 1 of PTR we did Team Golden Girls with all Ana.

This is the only time I've played Ana so far. I'd like to play her on live but there's never a chance to do it and I typically play something based on the team even on quick play.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah in PTR team ana for days, but on live I've played her quite a bit and have been left alone for the most part.

I do see a lot more people spamming "I need healing" though. Probably ran into ana players who don't heal. :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Comp has incompetent Ana's ruining the flow
People don't choose healer thinking Ana is enough like Zenyatta before buff

Then you look, no heals, only mad deeps...
Ultimate put on Reinhardt...

When you have a Pharah, Reaper, or McCree on your team...

Why play Ana in Competitive already?
They should have locked her for at least 2 weeks until the player base at least practices her out...

5 comp game, Ana insta-pick
*Grumble*

Also Reaper now is humbled beyond belief from flanking or even approaching the back lines from McCree buff
Wow, mid-range shots connect deliciously now

Now my Pharah is fucked, he can hit from a huge range, just slolwy line up and take pot shots, if I'm low on health, 1 random bullet from him drops me, before it was yeah you will miss 80%, now its like 90% hit

Going to play Weekly Brawl and Paragon till I get in group or wait till this new pick goes away

grendelrt

It really can't. The numbers don't work out that way.

Gets pretty damn close though.

As Zarya I def have, I literally came out of my spawn and died to it tonight, I dont know maybe someone got a bullet in during the hit. Either way, shouldnt do the single target damage that it does.

i was doing so amazing with widow on dorado. got that 13 kill before they made it to the first corner. feels good. then i died and everything just fell aapart
`

Antiwhippy

Ultimate put on Reinhardt...

When you have a Pharah, Reaper, or McCree on your team...

People need to learn that reinhardt is THE nano boost target if genji or roadhog doesn't have ult. Insanely fast, insanely strong, nigh unkillable and you don't even need another ult. Only counter is another ana's sleep dart and hope your idiot teammates don't wake them up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never used the I Need Healing button before because I know it's on Supports screen and they're fairly well aware of it. And I've played enough MMORPGs to know the last thing you want to do is tell a healer to heal you.

I use that I Need Healing button a lot now.

Were we aware that they changed the way control maps work?

Anubis:
They take both points but the last one in OT.

We take both, 2:41 left. Then we automatically attack again, 2:41 to capture one point and win the game.

Didn't give them two free minutes like it used too.

Veelk

Banned
Did they remap buttons for some heroes. I feel like I'm pressing the wrong ones lol

It really fucked me over for new games. I couldn't use D.Va's shield or Zenny's disruption orb (which I don't know how, because I had Zenny's control scheme unedited). I had to reset the controls and then alter them again. Also, I think there were some glitches that happened because even though I'd be editing a specific heroes jump button, it would change them for ALL of them if I backed out of the options menu to try it out and then went back to change others. Got it working now, but it was annoying.

I thought it might be interesting to take a snapshot of Torb on PS4 when the patch was released and then revisit it in a few weeks to see how things change.

r4wx7cZ.jpg

VlEFhmX.jpg

Gator86

I honestly don't get why blizzard doesn't just give you a low difficulty bot when a teammate leaves in comp. You have no goddamn chance 5 on 6. It's just horseshit. Fucking infuriating to drag a game into sudden death somehow knowing you're going to lose anyway. Literally do fucking something so one team isn't absolutely fucking screwed over.

Gator86

i thought she can throw her pee jar and it heals her? oh i thought it said self heal lol

Pretty sure he/she means be sole healer on a team. And yeah, Ana definitely doesn't seem up to being capable of that. If you pick Ana or Zen after someone else has chosen a healer, they were almost always swap out and be Genji or some shit. It's peak Overwatch.

Ramirez

Pretty sure he/she means be sole healer on a team. And yeah, Ana definitely doesn't seem up to being capable of that. If you pick Ana or Zen after someone else has chosen a healer, they were almost always swap out and be Genji or some shit. It's peak Overwatch.

Sucks too, because Ana's kit is fuckin' baller to have.

Antiwhippy

I honestly don't get why blizzard doesn't just give you a low difficulty bot when a teammate leaves in comp. You have no goddamn chance 5 on 6. It's just horseshit. Fucking infuriating to drag a game into sudden death somehow knowing you're going to lose anyway. Literally do fucking something so one team isn't absolutely fucking screwed over.

Have you seen the bots in this game? They might as well be giving the other team and easy way to gain ult.

Ana works great in a team that are more "heal assist". Like Roadhog, Reaper, 76, Tracer. Characters that can operate without a dedicated healer because they can heal themselves somewhere.

Gator86

Have you seen the bots in this game? They might as well be giving the other team and easy way to gain ult.

At least it would take the fire off you for a moment and give your team a little more total hp. That's just an example. Literally anything would be superior compared to now when they just drop in a giant middle finger and wait for you to lose. Hell, drop in a lower level quick play queuer and give them gold/extra XP for helping finish out the match. The current implementation just sucks. Once someone drops, you may as well just leave too unless the other team is complete and total garbage.

Is anyone having problems getting Shadowplay to work with Overwatch?

Just got a 6K with Junkrat that I wanted to save then realized my Shadowplay hasn't worked in weeks with the game. I had no problems before and I haven't changed any settings

I thought it might be interesting to take a snapshot of Torb on PS4 when the patch was released and then revisit it in a few weeks to see how things change.

r4wx7cZ.jpg

VlEFhmX.jpg

I played about 10 matches of quick play tonight and didn't see a single Torb except for my friend who picked him once. Anecdotal, but it looks like a lot of the insta-Torb picks have been switching to Bastions because there was one almost every match now.

Veelk

Banned
Just played a few more matches.

Four....I repeat, FOUR, Ana's on Kings Row.

I quit. I'll give it like 3 days and hopefully people will have calmed down by then.

It makes no sense. Like, even if you're just fucking around...what do you think you're going to accomplish with 3 other Ana's on your side? Ana is a support character in every concievable fashion. She is NOTHING without an actual team both protecting her and her protecting them. You can't fuck around with her in a setting where the ENTIRE team is fucking around with her.

And maybe I'm just being crazy here, but I swear to god this game is conspiring to give me a losing streak, because somehow, it's always ME that gets stuck with stackers. No, the other team is balanced and knows what their doing and doesn't do 4 fucking ana's, so they just steamroll mine.

I played about 10 matches of quick play tonight and didn't see a single Torb except for my friend who picked him once. Anecdotal, but it looks like a lot of the insta-Torb picks have been switching to Bastions because there was one almost every match now.

Yeah I've had 3 attack Bastions in a row now.

Ramirez

Just played a few more matches.

Four....I repeat, FOUR, Ana's on Kings Row.

I quit. I'll give it like 3 days and hopefully people will have calmed down by then.

It makes no sense. Like, even if you're just fucking around...what do you think you're going to accomplish with 3 other Ana's on your side? Ana is a support character in every concievable fashion. She is NOTHING without an actual team both protecting her and her protecting them. You can't fuck around with her in a setting where the ENTIRE team is fucking around with her.

And maybe I'm just being crazy here, but I swear to god this game is conspiring to give me a losing streak, because somehow, it's always ME that gets stuck with stackers. No, the other team is balanced and knows what their doing and doesn't do 4 fucking ana's, so they just steamroll mine.

Just play competitive, hero stack solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom