• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMFG Ana slept me, than emoted the Tea Time move, my Ana woke me up, I squished her with Reinhardt charge

Good Lord

This Game

Maddrical

Saw the manliest of battles last night, 2 nano'd Reinhardts charging at eachother and then clubbing eachother to death. It was glorious.

The defense matrix rework & ultimate buff are absolutely huge buffs for Dva, she feels sooo much stronger now. I must've absorbed about 4 ults in 2 matches with defense matrix, it's so damn good now. I've finally found my niche in all 4 roles; Pharah for offense, Junkrat for defense, D'va for tank & Zenyatta for support. D'va & Zenyatta have always been my 2 favourite heroes but the patch buffing them just reiterates that love. Pharah I'm still trying to learn but I love her playstyle, the only other offense hero I enjoy as much as her is Genji and there's too many damn Genjis around. I'm really inconsistent with her still though, one match I'll get 3 gold medals and the next I'll get none and contribute jack shit, feels like quite a lot of that is due to the map choice.

What would be the best counter to multiple snipers defending point B on Anubis? On a game I played last night the enemy team defended for 8 minutes, their Hanzo had a 30 kill streak and Widow a 20 kill streak. I swapped a few different heroes but every time I got close I would get picked off by a Winston, Reaper or Torb turret. And unfortunately I can't beat them at their own game as I'm a very mediocre sniper.

Chance

No, the cooldown resets when using her ult so she can fly away immediately, that's what that note is referencing.

Aaaaugh the patch notes put it under Ressurect mnyah.

uCpIFyR.png

...still nice, but mnyah.

Thank you Prelude! ^.^

Good news:

Opened first loot box of the day and got Anna's Commando ski.

Bad news:

I forgot how much I hate the feel of the sniping in this game. I don't think I've ever said 'how was that not a headshot?!' more in my life.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good news:

Opened first loot box of the day and got Anna's Commando ski.

Bad news:

I forgot how much I hate the feel of the sniping in this game. I don't think I've ever said 'how was that not a headshot?!' more in my life.

Good news:

You will never hit a headshot with Ana

X-Frame

Not sure if placebo, but on PS4 the aiming seems noticeably better. Nothing was mentioned in the patch notes hit aiming acceleration seems almost gone.

Am I the only console player noticing something? I just played with Pharah and was hitting people directly way more than I usually do.

Kito

I'm finding Ana unplayable in comp as randoms don't understand that she cannot solo heal. Healers are rare altogether, if I pick first and pick non-support, countless times I find myself running back to spawn as nobody chose healer.

Taking a break until there's a new map or new mode to entice me back in.

I'm finding Ana unplayable in comp as randoms don't understand that she cannot solo heal. Healers are rare altogether, if I pick first and pick non-support, countless times I find myself running back to spawn as nobody chose healer.

Taking a break until there's a new map or new mode to entice me back in.
You could do quick play?

Gator86

Two Anas and a Zenyatta: still can't get a heal. This playerbase is somehow still complete and utter trash months in. I don't know how these people manage to feed themselves. How do they hold down jobs to buy games like Overwatch?

Nazo

So is that "YOU AR NOT PREPARED" spray just free for everyone on console? Because I sure as hell didn't purchase that new WOW expansion. Nor is my PSN linked to a battle net account.

Yeah, Ana can't get headshots. It's how her kit works.

Yeah, I know. It's more of an issue with Widomaker.

Still, for some reason the shots never seem to land where I think they will, almost feel like the reticule is lying to me (or my fingers are just slower than I think they are).

It's not a problem with the game, I just can't get used to whatever small difference there is from the games I usually play.

Just too long sniping in Halo 5, COD and TitanFall I guess.

Dva never felt very underpowered to me before, but now with her changes I kinda feel a little overpowered with my aggressive style of play... But time will tell.

Everything really feels alot different, it'll take some getting used to. I haven't tried out Symmetra..... But on what planet did she ever need a nerf. I hope it's not as disappointing as it sounds.

Zenyatta speeding around during his ultimate looks hilarious.

Haven't tried out Ana too much other than in practice mode but the few games I played with others.... Clearly there's going to be a learning curve there 😉

I suppose I didn't really grasp how big all the changes were going to be to the feel of the game for me.

Kito

You could do quick play?

The one hero limit is too good. Things like double Reaper and six D.Va in quick play are cancer.

Two Anas and a Zenyatta: still can't get a heal. This playerbase is somehow still complete and utter trash months in. I don't know how these people manage to feed themselves. How do they hold down jobs to buy games like Overwatch?

Nah, 1 Ana and 1 Zen is perfect. Their mediocre heals combine for a Lucio-like presence and each has good dps. They're my favourite duo in the game.

Zen's ult keep the team alive against any ult (except D.Va) and nano boost to push through choke points.

(Also, I've solo healed with Zen many times in comp with a 70% winrate, it's possible if you keep shredding opponents and average high elims.)

Kuro

I love getting blamed as Ana for not doing anything when we have a Zarya that wastes her ult on one mercy and a reinhardt that just rushes forward by himself all the time.

Not sure if placebo, but on PS4 the aiming seems noticeably better. Nothing was mentioned in the patch notes hit aiming acceleration seems almost gone.

Am I the only console player noticing something? I just played with Pharah and was hitting people directly way more than I usually do.

First game I played I picked Pharah and I felt the aim was very different as well, it took me 3 deaths to adjust to it. Or adjust to something that was different...

Maddrical

I love getting blamed as Ana for not doing anything when we have a Zarya that wastes her ult on one mercy and a reinhardt that just rushes forward by himself all the time.

Coming off of a ~3-4 year period of playing nothing but Dota 2, it actually amazes me how much people feel the need to blame others in Overwatch; it actually seems worse than Dota. Some people refuse to believe that they are part of the problem as to why they lost, and just NEED to blame someone else. The best one is always when someone says "we need a healer/tank, shit team" when they're one of two Genjis/Soldiers. 99% of the time I'll pick what our team needs but last night I decided to practice only Pharah in QP and I think half of my games we didn't have a healer. I didn't complain about it though, because I was part of the problem.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus Ana your a Support, not Widowmaker that can heal herself...

Holy shit so many new players using her as a Widowmaker, sniping and not healing, unless they throw grenade on themselves, sleep if someone approaches

Gator86

The one hero limit is too good. Things like double Reaper and six D.Va in quick play are cancer.

Nah, 1 Ana and 1 Zen is perfect. Their mediocre heals combine for a Lucio-like presence and each has good dps. They're my favourite duo in the game.

Zen's ult keep the team alive against any ult (except D.Va) and nano boost to push through choke points.

(Also, I've solo healed with Zen many times in comp with a 70% winrate, it's possible if you keep shredding opponents and average high elims.)

I wasn't complaining people were playing those characters, I was astounded we had three healers and I still couldn't buy a goddamn heal.

Ana and Zen seem like a solid duo. Enough heals to keep people up and a lot of utility.

Surprised by how accurate Ana's rifle is unscoped...on console id imagine it's gonna be easy to heal people hip firing.
Most of my healing with Ana's rifle is hip fire tbh

Like 3/4 of it

-

McCree is terrifying on console now. People were talking about Zen melting tanks, McCree is just as bad. My Zarya was scared.

Gator86

Zenyatta is ridiculous after the patch. 5 gold games are a regular possibility now, I think. Just had a game where I spent the entirety on fire. His playstyle is incredibly fun.

The_Kid

Interesting stuff from the Overwatch panel. They went a lot into the design, talked about the graphic novel (April with digital this fall), the Ana set of comics out, how Ana got up on that ledge in the short, how they wanted to do an older woman character for awhile.

There was a lot of artwork, and some inspiration art (old women from Mad Max were heavy apparently). I took some photos.

https://twitter.com/streaksfox/status/756310587026440192M

https://twitter.com/streaksfox/status/756313252837990400

And yes they have spreadsheets for characters ages at different times. For Torbjorn in the Ana group shot he was drawn with his arm not torn off originally.

And the Reinhardt VA gave shouting commentary throughout.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zenyatta is ridiculous after the patch. 5 gold games are a regular possibility now, I think. Just had a game where I spent the entirety on fire. His playstyle is incredibly fun.

I mean you could do that before. 1 of the easuer characters to be on fire fire because you're constantly doing something.

grendelrt

So when are they going to nerf Hanzo's scatter arrow to the feet. It can one shot a tank, Mcree was immediately nerfed for being able to take down tanks so quick.

Gator86

I mean you could do that before. 1 of the easuer characters to be on fire fire because you're constantly doing something.

Yeah, the character isn't any different in style, just better at everything, post patch. Blizzard buffed all the characters I never play. It's essentially like they just added 4 new heroes to the game for me.

Does it bother anyone else that the new Ana trophies section on PS4 are not called something specific but just Overwatch Origins Editions? Looks silly have it twice like that. :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So when are they going to nerf Hanzo's scatter arrow to the feet. It can one shot a tank, Mcree was immediately nerfed for being able to take down tanks so quick.

It really can't. The numbers don't work out that way.

Gets pretty damn close though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should he be able to one shot a tank though? Scattershot is annoying as fuck, you can be using the payload for cover and get shot in the big toe and die.

On a 10 second cooldown that has a very unpredictable spread. Hog does it on a 6 second cooldown and it requires far less aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom