• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
I mean you're free to your opinion, but until I run into a god tier sniper on console, I will always thrash the player in my mind who picks Hanzo, Widow, or Ana for KOTH. It's a terrible pick to me, plain and simple.

And this is rather close minded, play with better people then, you'll run into good snipers every now and then.

It's like people forget the days of silly sniping montages in shooters- I promise you can aim a sniper on consoles.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
DVa is bae btw. Had a pretty damn good run in ranked with DVa.

I wish people would stop making me solo tank with her but I actually managed alright.

Ramirez

And this is rather close minded, play with better people then, you'll run into good snipers every now and then.

It's like people forget the days of silly sniping montages in shooters- I promise you can aim a sniper on consoles.

I play with the best people on PSN night in and night out, not a single one of them ever uses Widow. It's a handicap to your team, and I'd say with Hanzo's hitbox nerf, he'll be similar now.

I myself am ranked as the #350 Widowmaker and I would never pick her during a competitive game, it's an auto win for any competent team.

xaosslug

the Torb nerf really just exposes bad Torb players. Any good Torb player shouldn't solely rely on his turret, and be very mobile and generally a good shot w/ his alt-fire in their own right.

『Inaba Resident』;210978936 said:
I love that people add me just to spray salt everywhere when I play Mei.

You just need to emote more after successful 1v1 freeze-headshot combos. Keeps me sane when dealing with having teams with 2 anas no matter what.

Soulflarz

Banned
I play with the best people on PSN night in and night out, not a single one of them ever uses Widow. It's a handicap to your team, and I'd say with Hanzo's hitbox nerf, he'll be similar now.

I myself am ranked as the #350 Widowmaker and I would never pick her during a competitive game, it's an auto win for any competent team.

Who are these people? You're a 68. This is just called your friend group or such. You aren't at pro level, theres a huge difference between high rank on servers and actual pro level.

Again, Widow is a bit more debatable, but Ana can't be completely discredited on console, nor can a good Hanzo. Both are viable, especially since you don't really even snipe with Ana.

Edit: not trying to be a dick, just saying you need to be open to a character to even see their merits.

Haha nah I understand that I'm misusing it, sorry. :p

Hmm, I guess I can do that, but sometimes I see white white blue white I just want to move on quickly.

Well you don't have to do it for duplicates, so that's a start. But it's up to you, take like 5 seconds to zoom in and back out every time you open a box or scan over your hero gallery every time. ;)

Gator86

the Torb nerf really just exposes bad Torb players. Any good Torb player shouldn't solely rely on his turret, and be very mobile and generally a good shot w/ his alt-fire in their own right.

I mean, I'm ranked 180 on Torb in comp and in the 90th percentile on weapon kills so I don't rely just on his turret at all. Picking Torb isn't nearly as helpful now. The damage isn't enough to deter its previous targets and now there's even more characters with ranged damage or newfound sturdiness (D.Va) who can drop it in seconds. He's not garbage tier or something, but I don't want to be using him in the high 60s ranked on console anymore.

DrArchon

But the turret is still a huge part of Torb, even if it isn't the only part, and if the Turret really is worthless (I'm on PC so I wouldn't know) then why wouldn't you just pick a character that can run and gun better? Just because he can make armor?

Soulflarz

Banned
Side note: take percentile with a large grain of salt
it's very very easy to get past 65%. Even my sub 50 friends who can't get to 50 for their lives (low 40s) are hovering around 70% or higher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're instapicking Widowmaker and the enemy team has a Hanzo and an Ana and both get 'On Fire', the game should just send you to Hero Select with a 'Just Stop' team tip

darklin0

Banned
RIP you just jinxed it.

THIS TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS!

6Y8f738.jpg

IT AIN'T NEVAH GONNA STOP!!!

Eric WK

Who are these people? You're a 68. This is just called your friend group or such. You aren't at pro level, theres a huge difference between high rank on servers and actual pro level

Please point out "pro level" console players that regularly play snipers, particularly on KOTH.

And since Ram is a measly 68, link your Overbuff.

Soulflarz

Banned
Please point out "pro level" console players that regularly play snipers, particularly on KOTH.

And since Ram is a measly 68, link your Overbuff.

Pro level doesn't exist on console, that's missing the point, ask the wall of PC people in here. I'm saying it's cocky to act like you're playing with the best so you know everything just because you're in the 60s. I'm still a 65 (was a bit higher, orz), it's not like no one can play Widowmaker or Ana. That's moreso what I meant. We're roughly the same rank and he's talking about playing with the best of the best- if your group doesn't play the two characters it doesn't mean they're objectively correct that these two can't be used in competitive. Both randoms and my friends have used these two characters to pretty good results so far.

Hell- Ana has a gun that is fairly easy to use. Counter the argument instead of saying "but my rank".

Ramirez

Who are these people? You're a 68. This is just called your friend group or such. You aren't at pro level, theres a huge difference between high rank on servers and actual pro level.

Again, Widow is a bit more debatable, but Ana can't be completely discredited on console, nor can a good Hanzo. Both are viable, especially since you don't really even snipe with Ana.

Edit: not trying to be a dick, just saying you need to be open to a character to even see their merits.

My high for the season is 76, I can't keep it that high rolling solo. I went from 70-72-68 last night. I can pretty much tell if I'm going to win a match just by looking at the names at this point, because I literally play the same people every night, a few of us switching teams every game and placed with the groups of dudes who run with 3-4.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/MyWicked_Wayz

I run into this guy every night at least once, he rolls in a group of 3-4. The 27th ranked Widow in quick play, and yet he hasn't even used her in competitive at all. Weird.

Is there a group that could utilize Ana in KOTH? Possibly, but that same group would just run Lucio/Zen and fuck your shit up 100x easier. That's what I'm arguing, there's just no reason to run her as your second support in KOTH over someone like Zen or Mercy. It's too chaotic and she has no escape, and most of you are saying she shouldn't be played as a sniper. What chance does she have to survive in a KOTH skirmish where most of the fights take place in a small square? lol

And I mean not to be a dick, but looking at your Overbuff, you have less than 30 minutes on every character but Reaper, I would say your view of the situation isn't exactly through the eyes of playing these characters in real game situations, lol.

No_Style

It's not as if hip firing is easy with a pad on the non tanks when shit is hitting the fan.

I'm just kinda befuddled at this pushback over me having a problem with a guy corner camping in KOTH with a support sniper, lol.

I'm with you. It makes no sense to me to have Ana as your healer on king of the hill maps. The character will hardly see the entire capture point in most maps and she lacks the mobility options to get on the point quickly when required.

And if she plays on the point, she doesn't have the mobility options of a Lucio to make her a tougher target.

Soulflarz

Banned
My high for the season is 76, I can't keep it that high rolling solo. I went from 70-72-68 last night. I can pretty much tell if I'm going to win a match just by looking at the names at this point, because I literally play the same people every night, a few of us switching teams every game and placed with the groups of dudes who run with 3-4.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/MyWicked_Wayz

I run into this guy every night at least once, he rolls in a group of 3-4. The 27th ranked Widow in quick play, and yet he hasn't even used her in competitive at all. Weird.

Is there a group that could utilize Ana in KOTH? Possibly, but that same group would just run Lucio/Zen and fuck your shit up 100x easier. That's what I'm arguing, there's just no reason to run her as your second support in KOTH over someone like Zen or Mercy. It's too chaotic and she has no escape, and most of you are saying she shouldn't be played as a sniper. What chance does she have to survive in a KOTH skirmish where most of the fights take place in a small square? lol

Yes I'd rather have a Zen or Mercy in KOTH. Your original statement was along the lines of "Ana and Widowmaker have no place on console at all in any situation", which I disagreed with, since my group has had some great luck with Ana+Zen on offense.

Anyways, sorry for the argument there. Wasn't trying to be obnoxious, don't even know why I kept to it, I use reaper.
Sorry about that, hope to run into you in ranked some time, if I ever get up those few ranks to your level. Again, apologies.

I would be a little worried if I saw Ana on my team on Control maps. Also Widow (with one or two situational exceptions, like Ilios Ruins) and Hanzo (although one in twenty of these guys wrecks shop like no one else).

If you're not picking Zarya, Roadhog, D.Va, Winson, Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta, or an offense hero, I'm looking at you sideways.

Ramirez

Yes I'd rather have a Zen or Mercy in KOTH. Your original statement was along the lines of "Ana and Widowmaker have no place on console at all in any situation", which I disagreed with, since my group has had some great luck with Ana+Zen on offense.

Anyways, sorry for the argument there. Wasn't trying to be obnoxious, don't even know why I kept to it, I use reaper.
Sorry about that, hope to run into you in ranked some time, if I ever get up those few ranks to your level. Again, apologies.

The whole thing started over an Ana in KOTH, I'm sorry if I ever came across as saying no one should use her in any game mode.

I truly do think 99% of people have no business picking the snipers in this game on console, in competitive anyways. I don't care what people do in QP, but picking them in competitive is a detriment to the team.

Soulflarz

Banned
The whole thing started over an Ana in KOTH, I'm sorry if I ever came across as saying no one should use her in any game mode.

I truly do think 99% of people have no business picking the snipers in this game on console, in competitive anyways. I don't care what people do in QP, but picking them in competitive is a detriment to the team.

yeah, what had me go nope was the
I'm on PS4, so any sniper is going to cost the team a game, lol.
If you meant KOTH alone right there, whoops, misunderstanding.

TL;DR for everyone joining- 9/10 of Hanzos/Snipers are bad at the game, most people don't want the risk that they're indeed that 9/10. Because why would you. Disagreement over all vs 9/10 originally <_<

sorry about dragging this through the OT, then again, nerf arguments is half the thread, so

Gorillaz

Ana controls a lot better imo then widow as a normal sniper on console. Get somebody who actually plays support and is a good shot and its over.

I have more faith in people being good shot with ana then I do in people playing as a support ana

Ramirez

yeah, what had me go nope was the
If you meant KOTH alone right there, whoops, misunderstanding.

TL;DR for everyone joining- 9/10 of Hanzos/Snipers are bad at the game, most people don't want the risk that they're indeed that 9/10. Because why would you. Disagreement over all vs 9/10 originally <_<

sorry about dragging this through the OT, then again, nerf arguments is half the thread, so

Yup, I had quoted someone about KOTH and responded with that I think, no worries.

And if the OT isn't for discussion, then what's it for?

Other than me posting YT clips no one watches

Soulflarz

Banned
Yup, I had quoted someone about KOTH and responded with that I think, no worries.

And if the OT isn't for discussion, then what's it for?

Other than me posting YT clips no one watches

Fair enough. I just know a lot of people take these arguments to heart. "we disagreed over the place of characters on a platform? This guy is scum, I actively don't like him as a person now!" which was always silly to me.

I never saw these clips link I'm bored of grinding in JRPGs

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Depending on the map I'd accept Ana just because her ult is so good for pushing back an entrenched team, but I'll agree 100% about Widow being bad almost all of the time in KOTH.

Enemy team at 90%, almost everyone at the spawn point except a Widowmaker
-Get on the point!
-Nah, let me snipe from a safe distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom