• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does win loss matter? Cause I've lost ~15 comp matches due to playing with friends who were severely under my rank level (41-48 d vas at 64-67)

150th best though? On one hand, yay, I'm a good reaper
On the other hand
Step it up PSN players.

Well, there is a qualifier.

You're the 150th best PSN player who has entered your gamertag into Overbuff.com

The site only calculates people who visit the site itself.
You'll notice the out of 100,000 or something number, so realize that number is probably way too low for how many people are on PSN.

The % is a better idea of where you are at.

That said, it does make the ego feel good to see yourself rated so highly.

Last I check I was #35 Bastion or something, and it felt pretty good.

IKizzLE

Group of 5 (70s) up top against me and my assorted groups of randoms. Was the most fair matchup I had all night.

Except, not really.

Actually played that team last night as well. Completely mopped them 3-1 though. That team felt like a a collection of good players who weren't playing with their actual clan. Their Mccree was really good and they had the best Lucio I've ever seen too. We ran Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Lucio, Zenyatta, and Reaper.

Jarate

Banned
My quick play Torb is rank 182 on the site

My comp Zarya is 352, it should be higher!

Kor, I sent you a friend request yesterday, idk if you accepted it yet.

Kor, I sent you a friend request yesterday, idk if you accepted it yet.

Hmm...

Are you Giygas?

Sorry, I just assumed you were a random person from the game I just finished.

When I play comp, I'll get 1 or 2 friend requests every game because I like to solo queue.

Edit:

Holy shit, I didn't realize I had like 10+ OverGAF related friend requests on PSN. Sorry guys. I blame the stupid PSN app. It doesn't tell me you are from GAF unless I got like 3 menus deep.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, there is a qualifier.

You're the 150th best PSN player who has entered your gamertag into Overbuff.com

The site only calculates people who visit the site itself.
You'll notice the out of 100,000 or something number, so realize that number is probably way too low for how many people are on PSN.

The % is a better idea of where you are at.

That said, it does make the ego feel good to see yourself rated so highly.

Last I check I was #35 Bastion or something, and it felt pretty good.

I guess. I find it rather useless though because people I know who aren't good at all still are ranked top 40%

Hmm...

Are you Giygas?

Sorry, I just assumed you were a random person from the game I just finished.

When I play comp, I'll get 1 or 2 friend requests every game because I like to solo queue.

Jarate is Gigyas iirc
I'm gd4033, FOR REASONS.

darklin0

Banned
I apologize if me updating is annoying but...
Q9busPa.jpg

Riding this win train all the way to the moooooooon!!

I guess. I find it rather useless though because people I know who aren't good at all still are ranked top 40%

Not good at all, or not good relative to you?

You have to realize if you are in the top 100 of reapers, you're probably sitting in the 70s for ranked.

Someone in the top 40% is probably sitting in the mid 50s for rank.

Soulflarz

Banned

You have to realize if you are in the top 100 of reapers, you're probably sitting in the 70s for ranked.

top 40 and carried by all of us who were 60s
i guess its all relative- we wouldnt see the 30s/40s normally

Kiro

I'm in the 93 percentile for zenyatta. Most of my chars are below 60

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gold healing as roadhog when we had a mercy, he was bitching on the mic then ragequit.

I don't know how some of you can solo q because this is physically painful.

Grady

Love that hero stacking is gone.

I have a solid bunch of guys I play with regularly. Currently looking to expand my friendslist with others who consistently play overwatch. The more the merrier. If anyone wants to play or if there is a gaffers group I am unaware about let me know.

PSN

Killer__EgO

That's with 2 underscores

Cheers mate!

I'm noticing a trend forming in ranked on PS4 where neither team can stop the payload. Do maybe some of the defensive heroes need a bit of a buff?

Gold healing as roadhog when we had a mercy, he was bitching on the mic then ragequit.

I don't know how some of you can solo q because this is physically painful.

I've started to be selfish in character picks and only play a role thats needed if i feel like it. I've been mostly trying out mei and the characters that were just buffed.

If randoms can decide that they want to play ana even though theres already one or another healer might be better than you can just try to have fun too.

How are you guys feeling about the new Overtime?

The few times I dealt with it last night, I wasn't a fan. A suggestion mentioned last night was that the new quickly burning OT clock should only kick in after a full minute of Overtime has gone by.

I think stalling for your team is a valid strategy, but I understand the need to change it after that shitshow pro match.

J Range

The few times I dealt with it last night, I wasn't a fan. A suggestion mentioned last night was that the new quickly burning OT clock should only kick in after a full minute of Overtime has gone by.

I think stalling for your team is a valid strategy, but I understand the need to change it after that shitshow pro match.

As somebody who isnt a pro like 99% of people that bought the game, i really hate it. It goes too fast and starts too soon. It wasnt needed. Nobody should be making changed for pros, their a vast minority.

Yeah, I was under the impression this is how it was going to be.

The increased speed should come in intervals of like 30 seconds or something.

Some of the best overwatch moments were played during overtime before. Now it feels like overtime would only ever last 15 seconds tops.

What really sucks, though is the KotH maps.

We had control of the point and got it to 99%. During overtime, we all got wiped by a well placed Reaper Ult. Well, then they capped the point, with around 60% of the objective. So overtime is gone, but we all still have the extended respawn times. Which seems really poorly thought out.

How's the single hero working out (esp on console), has the level of leavers gone back up?

My first inclination was that a sleep that lasts that long is OP as hell, but in practice, it's super balanced by likely your teammates are to break that person out of it within a second.

I think she's really cool. It's going to take people getting used to her. I played a match where she pumped out a bunch of healing. And I played a match with Kor where he smoked her with Zenyatta for the healing gold.

Mastering that bottle of definitely not piss is going to be the key to her, I think.

yeah I don't get the double nerf.

As a matter of fun I think increasing Respawn time is frustrating for players. I'm fine with the idea of overtime burned by faster, but I think it should happen slowly over the course of a minute or so. Some of the f the most fun I've had has been epic overtimes in this game.

If it's in response to d. Va and tracer spam, they're idiots because the elimination of stacking solves that problem.

Speaking of dva, I think the time between her mech being destroyed and Hana actually landing shouldn't count as contesting the objective like reapers wraith form.

darklin0

Banned
Well, its over boys. No one could stop me so god himself DDOS attacked me and I lagged out of existence.

Time for a break, will try for more later.
Rank Change: 51-61

Arion

I feel like both Torb and Symmetra is pretty much useless now. They are both "balanced" now but that isn't great in a game where everyone is designed to be over powered.

Ramirez

Actually played that team last night as well. Completely mopped them 3-1 though. That team felt like a a collection of good players who weren't playing with their actual clan. Their Mccree was really good and they had the best Lucio I've ever seen too. We ran Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Lucio, Zenyatta, and Reaper.

They destroyed us, but like I said it was like 2 solos, and 2 groups of 2. The skill level was wildly off in that matchup. I ranked down from that game too, which is ultimately why I just don't care about my rank anymore. There was no way we were winning that, and to be punished for it amazes me.

Kor's list of shit that shouldn't be used to break sleep:

Zarya (Unless fully charged alt fire)
Winston
DVa
Mercy
Lucio (Unless good Boop opportunity)
Symmetra
Mei's Primary

Note that Ana herself can hit a sleeping target for 165dmg assuming cooldowns are in play, so unless you can do something similar in less than half a second, leave the sleeping enemy alone for Ana to deal with.

Rad-

Kor's list of shit that shouldn't be used to break sleep:

Zarya (Unless fully charged alt fire)
Winston
DVa
Mercy
Lucio (Unless good Boop opportunity)
Symmetra
Mei's Primary

Note that Ana herself can hit a sleeping target for 165dmg assuming cooldowns are in play, so unless you can do something similar in less than half a second, leave the sleeping enemy alone for Ana to deal with.

In related news, so many Ana players sleep the enemy that everyone is already firing.

But the new speed only comes into play after 20 seconds of Overtime?

But the respawns are instant.

If you die .1 seconds after Overtime starts, you've now gained the new lengthier respawn time.

So by the time you've made it back to the point, it's already burning at the faster speed.

Can anyone judge my Overbuff please? I think I played for 10 or hours.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/bar_bar12

What exactly are you wanting us to judge? The site itself is what puts you in a percentile/ranking.

Looks like you've only played 76 enough to really get a rank.

Looking at your record, I'd say you need to branch out and sample some more characters. It'll give you a better understanding of each characters strengths and weaknesses. Right now, you seem to be focusing on characters with high damage dealing abilities. Maybe try some damage mitigation characters?

What exactly are you wanting us to judge? The site itself is what puts you in a percentile/ranking.

Looks like you've only played 76 enough to really get a rank.

Looking at your record, I'd say you need to branch out and sample some more characters. It'll give you a better understanding of each characters strengths and weaknesses. Right now, you seem to be focusing on characters with high damage dealing abilities. Maybe try some damage mitigation characters?

I have been playing Zen a lot yesterday, and I think I'll make him a co-main of mine now, since he's an awesome support. I also want to learn Roadhog so I can have at least one tank in my repertoire.

Get a few hours in on all the characters, even if you suck at them, knowing their abilities and how they work will help you know how to attack them better. Don't spend all your time on Solider (unless that's all you're interested in I suppose!), he's as basic as it gets in the game.

But I dun wanna play Widowmaker, mum. ;-; I already know what she does and how to counteract her.
Or Bastion for that matter.

Gator86

They destroyed us, but like I said it was like 2 solos, and 2 groups of 2. The skill level was wildly off in that matchup. I ranked down from that game too, which is ultimately why I just don't care about my rank anymore. There was no way we were winning that, and to be punished for it amazes me.

It's frustrating, but man, I absolutely care about my rank. You still see some bad in the mid/high 60s, but it's nowhere near the wasteland of humanity than the 50s are. I'd straight up quit the game if my rank fell into the 40s,especially now that quick play is unplayable. People leave constantly, roll with 4 Anas, are clearly playing an FPS for the first time, etc. It's not something I could ever play for more than a few games.

Ramirez

But I dun wanna play Widowmaker, mum. ;-; I already know what she does and how to counteract her.
Or Bastion for that matter.

Well he's on PS4, so he won't have to worry about ever seeing Widow. ;P

It's frustrating, but man, I absolutely care about my rank. You still see some bad in the mid/high 60s, but it's nowhere near the wasteland of humanity than the 50s are. I'd straight up quit the game if my rank fell into the 40s,especially now that quick play is unplayable. People leave constantly, roll with 4 Anas, are clearly playing an FPS for the first time, etc. It's not something I could ever play for more than a few games.

I look at it more of as Season 1 as a whole has been a shit show. The XP bug cost me rank at least 10 times, hero stacking was a thing for the majority of the season, and Sudden Death is probably the worst system ever conceived in a FPS ranking system. I still get worked up while I'm playing, but ultimately, who cares, I ain't pro. I get more frustrated with people who some how make it into the 60s and sometimes 70s who refuse to switch or adapt to a situation. I mean anyone who has played with me here knows that I never talk shit to my team, or even get vocally worked up, it's all internal screaming, lol.

Man, checking out all these Overwatch stats sites has made me realize a few things:

1) I am officially old, because I found myself saying 'how they hell can people find the time to put so many hours in this game'. RIP youth, 1986-2016

2) Building on the first point, I don't feel so bad about not being particularly good, as I'm clearly putting in a 10th of the requisite time to 'git gud'

3) On the plus side, my K/D and win percentage are both strong positive, so I'm not hurting too many good players with my suckage.... yet.

duckroll

But the respawns are instant.

If you die .1 seconds after Overtime starts, you've now gained the new lengthier respawn time.

So by the time you've made it back to the point, it's already burning at the faster speed.

That still means someone contested Overtime for over 15 seconds... :p

IKizzLE

Yea, our team skill rank was 65 and their team was 74, so we all made out like bandits when we won. But we were a coordinated party of 6. I don't know how you guys endure solo. I did solo once and lost 4x in a row, losing rank every single time. Never. Again.

brian!

Same on pc really, only specialized use for her that i feel good about are getting 1st point picks on places like king's row

But then again sometimes you get the gotlike widow too and that's nice. Anecdotally widow usage has dropped like a rock since her nerf, and after this mcree buff it feels like it can only keep dropping

Gator86

I look at it more of as Season 1 as a whole has been a shit show. The XP bug cost me rank at least 10 times, hero stacking was a thing for the majority of the season, and Sudden Death is probably the worst system ever conceived in a FPS ranking system. I still get worked up while I'm playing, but ultimately, who cares, I ain't pro. I get more frustrated with people who some how make it into the 60s and sometimes 70s who refuse to switch or adapt to a situation. I mean anyone who has played with me here knows that I never talk shit to my team, or even get vocally worked up, it's all internal screaming, lol.

Yeah, agreed on it being a total shitshow, but it's also the only viable way to play the game outside of stacking a 6 man team. This community is absolutely wretched and quick play/lower rankings is not something I want to do with the free time I can scrounge up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom