• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
You are the 150th best reaper on PSN. QP is based on an algorithm. Rank and QP are seperate and not tied together I think.

Does win loss matter? Cause I've lost ~15 comp matches due to playing with friends who were severely under my rank level (41-48 d vas at 64-67)

150th best though? On one hand, yay, I'm a good reaper
On the other hand
Step it up PSN players.

LiK

4-

Does win loss matter? Cause I've lost ~15 comp matches due to playing with friends who were severely under my rank level (41-48 d vas at 64-67)

On the other hand
Step it up PSN players.

I like to kill Reapers.

Nazo

4-

On the other hand
Step it up PSN players.

Congrats! I was ranked 119th as Reaper on PSN before but I've not been playing him a lot lately and now my rank has gone down :(

You're right though, most Reaper players on PS4 are pretty trash. I have no idea why.

Dynamic3

Honestly, adding 50 HP was a needed buff but making that 50 points of shields might have been overkill. I think I can count on one hand the numbers of times in the past couple of nights that I've been at less the full health for any real period of time. I almost never seen people get through his shields enough to actually do damage to his HP, and if that happens it's usually enough to just kill me outright. Zen is either at 200 HP or he's dead. There's no real inbetween.

What are the differences between the HP types?

Pratfall

The mcree balance solution seems simple enough to me. Make his falloff somewhere between what is was pre-patch and post-patch. Restore old FTH damage, give it a 2 second cooldown. He can't melt tanks with two consecutive FTH, can compete with soldier somewhat at midrange and can kill reapers if he gets a flash FTH combo off.

I know some people have said that giving FTH a cooldown would diminish the character's smooth play but I don't really see it as that much of an issue.

What are the differences between the HP types?
http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Health,_Armor,_and_Shield

Soulflarz

Banned
Congrats! I was ranked 119th as Reaper on PSN before but I've not been playing him a lot lately and now my rank has gone down :(

You're right though, most Reaper players on PS4 are pretty trash. I no idea why.

I think they just don't know how to do proper patterns, keep their sensitivity low, don't understand the proper use of his tools, etc. There is a very defined and rather mindless way to win with reaper, and I'm confused as to why it's hell for everyone.

Prelude.

Genji being toxic complaining that both healers can't aim, going off alone and spamming "I need healing" on the other side of the map, getting killed while typing shit in the chat.

>look at profile
>19 hours as Hanzo

Soulflarz

Banned
Their wraith form pisses me off. lol

Chase em. Wraiths primary uses are
-Pop in somewhere for a die die die. If you pop in and are shooting normal, enjoy watching a respawn counter
-Cut across an open space and not die
-to survive attacks like chain->shotgun or ults
-Have no health and grab a health kit. Phasing with no health kit nearby otherwise is borderline useless <--- this is what reapers really mess up a lot

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see Reapers regularly teleport onto the control point at the beginning of a map.

You know, that opening Junkrats tend to spam into?

LiK

-Pop in somewhere for a die die die. If you pop in and are shooting normal, enjoy watching a respawn counter
-Have no health and grab a health kit. Phasing with no health kit nearby otherwise is borderline useless <--- this is what reapers really mess up a lot

i do, but it sucks when they know the heal locations or they hide among their teammates. that little sliver of health and then escape. probably one of the most annoying abilities right up there with Mei's ice block.

Soulflarz

Banned
I see Reapers regularly teleport onto the control point at the beginning of a map.

What? What? Why.

Go around the side. If you're going forward might as well play someone less squishy or a stronger DPS. X_X

i do, but it sucks when they know the heal locations or they hide among their teammates. that little sliver of health and then escape. probably one of the most annoying abilities right up there with Mei's ice block.

It's to offset the reaper has no way to survive open combat. Just about anyone can kill him if they see him first.
A good reaper shouldn't be using his teammates to hide, I think.

Nazo

Solid advice. Couldn't have explained it better myself.

Yeah, I see this a lot too. If you're rushing headlong onto the control points (especially on KOTH maps your going to have a bad time. They should be try to set up a flank in the beginning and get behind the enemy push.

darklin0

Banned
Been on a winning streak and this happens.

hfI6oeg.jpg

Gator86

I feel like him and Bastion both need almost complete reworks. McCree because Blizzard clearly has no idea what the want to do with him (give him tools to be an anti-flanker, make his gun the best long-midrange gun in the game), and with Bastion he just doesn't work as a character competitively, but you can't buff him or else pubs get up in arms. They need to pick one or the other for McCree (preferably the anti-flanker one) and I don't know what to do about Bastion.

Everyone else feels pretty good right about now. I wouldn't mind significant changes to Symmetra so it wouldn't raise as many eyebrows for you to pick her for offense/KOTH occasionally, but if Blizzard just wants her as a purely defensive character then I think she's in a good place for that.

Yeah, McCree is a fucking mess now. He's gotta be the first character to get a full rework. They need to figure out what the fuck they want him to be.

Torb feels useless now on console. People can just walk up and destroy your turret without fear. Before, he was there for extra support fire and suppressing Pharahs and Tracers. Now, they don't really need to give a shit. Not to mention now McCree and everyone else recently buffed just fucking shreds them in milliseconds. I expect him to drop off the map entirely.

Soulflarz

Banned
Soul only plays Reaper so i consider him an expert.

Yep, basically hit level 60 solo'ing reaper. Got to mid/high 60s doing it too :D

I use others rarely, I just want to master Reaper. Top 1% on a site isn't good enough for me.

This is like the ultimate 'im going to hit ult please focus fire me' sign these days though

Also this
Tip for reapers. Full bar does not mean you should just use Death Blossom for fun. Please flank before you use it. Please. You will get shot down instantly nowadays otherwise- too much of the cast can kill a reaper with ease or gimp his ult. You need to fully flank anyways- you just use phase to survive a single person seeing you so you don't ult missing 100 hp.

LiK

Yep, basically hit level 60 solo'ing reaper. Got to mid/high 60s doing it too :D

I use others rarely, I just want to master Reaper. Top 1% on a site isn't good enough for me.

Also this
Tip for reapers. Full bar does not mean you should just use Death Blossom for fun. Please flank before you use it. Please. You will get shot down instantly nowadays otherwise- too much of the cast can kill a reaper with ease or gimp his ult. You need to fully flank anyways- you just use phase to survive a single person seeing you so you don't ult missing 100 hp.

let's play tonight and you better invite me. Comp or QP, doesn't matter to me. ;)

Aomber

Wow people in this game have gotten a lot saltier since I last played, this is why I usually stay away from games like this, someone always has to make some sort of snarky comment about other players due to the team losing. Like damn dude who gives a shit it's quickplay and the matches are 10 minutes, people get way too concerned with winning and putting the blame on other people instead of just having a good time

Soulflarz

Banned
let's play tonight and you better invite me. Comp or QP, doesn't matter to me. ;)

Depends.
myself+the 3 who are always on + our rarely on D va might finally be on, then the 6th friend just got it
Depends on if the D Va shows up like he said he will (hes iffy on showing up)

Can't do anything about HS friends :p

LiK

Depends.
myself+the 3 who are always on + our rarely on D va might finally be on, then the 6th friend just got it
Depends on if the D Va shows up like he said he will (hes iffy on showing up)

Can't do anything about HS friends :p

don't complain to me when your rank drops again!

Oof. I keep going back and forth on if I like playing Reaper or not. Right now Im not liking him.

I still can't get over this shitty Symmetra nerf. :(

Well having put some time into the PS4 version post patch...

- My bot Zenny doesn't seem too much more potent attacking wise from where I'm standing, if anything he feels just right now with better healing capabilities (hey the ult is actually kinda fun now), not dying to a gust of wind and this in turn is balanced somewhat by his small damage nerf which I initially didn't realise had happened and left me wondering why those pesky Roadhogs were eating a fair amount of orb punishment.

- D.Va meanwhile feels noticeably more pesky, the ult is finally effective once more and charges quicker, targeting matrix is faaaar more useful now. I'm not sure if she jumped up a bit too much quite yet and may need some tweaks.

- McCree plays like how I always expected him to play when I first saw the character, not saying that's a good thing but I personally prefer him as mid range guy who can say run by the payload popping effective shots ahead whilst having the tools to deal with flankers he spots sneaking around the back.
But yeah it's like they're not sure where they're going with this character focus.

- Still haven't played as Ana because damn near every match already has two of them on my team alone so I'm not about to join the carnival of silly selections, heck I had four of them with me on attack!
I have experienced the nano boost as Reinhardt though, hee hee hee, oh what fun!

Soulflarz

Banned
don't complain to me when your rank drops again!

Actually, we figured our solution to that
"Play solo queue just the best 3 of us" I believe, since it seems to be working.
I have no idea why playing with friends doesn't work. Whatever though, wins are wins XD

i hope to reach 55 tonight (54 atm). my goal for the season. the rest is just cherry on top.
I got up to 49, was down to 43, and then I got into some games where my team was getting steamrolled and then another that was decided by a coin flip. So now I am back to 48.

At this point in my limited time I get to play, I just hope I can get above 50.

Anyone know if your season best rank is what your end of the season bonus is based on (like Hearthstone), or is it your current rank?

PS. I had fun playing with you guys. First time playing with a full 6 person group, I am getting a lot better with Rein. Seems like that dude is easy to get on fire with.

darklin0

Banned
i hope to reach 55 tonight (54 atm). my goal for the season. the rest is just cherry on top.

Placed at 51, dropped to 47, climbed back to 51, took a week off, came back tonight, and I am now 57. I always knew I was destined for greater things.

Sendou

It actually does! You just need to hit it all. Flashbang does 10hp. Fan the hammer does 40 a shot, 6 shots. 10+(6*40)=250, a full reaper hp bar. For larger guys, just roll and shoot once after.

Yeah but especially against smaller guys hitting all the shots seems impossible in actual game :x

Defuser

Godammit people, if you gonna use Ana just to snipe pick fucking Widowmaker instead.

I'm sick and tired of morons picking Ana but not healing teammates.

Ophelion

People on Quick Play really need to stop trying to roll all-Torb defense teams. My crew chews them up all day.

I actually got an outstanding play of the game off an all-Torb team. The other day. My group's Widowmaker popped her Ult and I happened to see their whole team building a kill box on the other side of some of those Wild West buildings on the Hollywood map. Since I was playing D.Va and had my Ult up as well, I jetted up on top of the buildings, jumped down right into the middle of them and self-destructed.

Team kill + all turrets destroyed. Beeeeeeeautiful. They didn't even try to run. I think they thought their turrets just shot down my mech. D.Va 1 : Bad Guys 0.

Sym got her turrets nerfed?

What the shit.

I liked playing as her, but I think her win percentage was just too high. So maybe that is why they nerfed her. That said on PS4 it feels like the team defending is destined to win most of time anyway and much like Torb that is the only time most people play those characters.

I think Sym is easy to counter. Grab Zarya bubble up and take out turrets, kill Sym and then she barely has a chance to set up again. Actually most tanks are solid counters to her, They just need to react and do something about it.

Maybe a good compromise now would be to slow enemies down even more when affected by the turrets. That way if you are trying to take them out you aren't getting destroyed in the process now that they take less damage, but if you are unknowingly passing a spot where they are then it will take you longer to pass by or turn around to shoot them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is a really dumb ocd thing but I seriously wish they would give you a way to clear the new icons in the hero gallery without having to go through every single hero and category.

This is a really dumb ocd thing but I seriously wish they would give you a way to clear the new icons in the hero gallery without having to go through every single hero and category.

Except for achievement sprays, you can do that quite easily.
When you open up the lootbox and you get a new item, click on it to zoom in on it (and hear a preview for voice lines). If you do that, the New marker goes away for the respective hero's item. Just go through all 1-4 items while looking at the loot box results.

Also, it's not OCD. Please stop calling it such. :s Pet peeve of mine, sorry.

Ramirez

Awake again

You can't discredit two entire characters as being worthless on console. Ana does not need some crazy aim. Widow is very hard, but yes, some can use her. Just because you had a bad one doesn't mean all of them are bad or the fact you're on PS4 is your issue.

also yep reaper>junkrat, "don't let him close" doesn't apply if the reaper is doing his job right and not being seen early enough.

I mean you're free to your opinion, but until I run into a god tier sniper on console, I will always thrash the player in my mind who picks Hanzo, Widow, or Ana for KOTH. It's a terrible pick to me, plain and simple.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Except for achievement sprays, you can do that quite easily.
When you open up the lootbox and you get a new item, click on it to zoom in on it (and hear a preview for voice lines). If you do that, the New marker goes away for the respective hero's item. Just go through all 1-4 items while looking at the loot box results.

Also, it's not OCD. Please stop calling it such. :s Pet peeve of mine, sorry.

Haha nah I understand that I'm misusing it, sorry. :p

Hmm, I guess I can do that, but sometimes I see white white blue white I just want to move on quickly.

Also oh god just had the funniest thing happen. On hanamura, winston ulted, and then I ulted as roadhog, and basically I just kept pushing him off the edge and he kept jumping back up midair. Winston looked so goofy haha.

Of course I managed to push him off though. >;)

LiK

I liked playing as her, but I think her win percentage was just too high. So maybe that is why they nerfed her. That said on PS4 it feels like the team defending is destined to win most of time anyway and much like Torb that is the only time most people play those characters.

I think Sym is easy to counter. Grab Zarya bubble up and take out turrets, kill Sym and then she barely has a chance to set up again. Actually most tanks are solid counters to her, They just need to react and do something about it.

Maybe a good compromise now would be to slow enemies down even more when affected by the turrets. That way if you are trying to take them out you aren't getting destroyed in the process now that they take less damage, but if you are unknowingly passing a spot where they are then it will take you longer to pass by or turn around to shoot them.

yea, thankfully it was QP cuz people were also just messing around with the buffed guys. full groups are fun but the competition is also much tougher too. i tend to join random groups altho there are maybe 3-4 that i like to play with. i was with Kor's group. he posts here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom