• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does the current season end... and will there be any lasting record of it, or will everything be wiped and replaced by season 2?

That would be great. I'd prefer to pretend season 1 never happened. :D

Drewfonse

If I orb heal someone as Zenyatta, and then immediately heal someone else, does that remove the healing buff from the first teammmate?

When does the current season end...

Late August, 18th I think? Exactly 2 months after it started.

and will there be any lasting record of it, or will everything be wiped and replaced by season 2?

That would be great. I'd prefer to pretend season 1 never happened. :D

I'm not entirely sure, but I think each season the stats for you playing will get reset. That's what the initial competitive games to gauge your skill rating are for.
But there definitely will be lasting records, since stats are out on the internet anyway. :p

If I orb heal someone as Zenyatta, and then immediately heal someone else, does that remove the healing buff from the first teammmate?

Yes. As soon as your orb touches teammate B, teammate A will no longer have any healing on them. You can only have each of your orbs on one single target at a time.

matmanx1

Man, checking out all these Overwatch stats sites has made me realize a few things:

1) I am officially old, because I found myself saying 'how they hell can people find the time to put so many hours in this game'. RIP youth, 1986-2016

2) Building on the first point, I don't feel so bad about not being particularly good, as I'm clearly putting in a 10th of the requisite time to 'git gud'

3) On the plus side, my K/D and win percentage are both strong positive, so I'm not hurting too many good players with my suckage.... yet.

Try 1975 - 2016 and yeah, my youth has been gone for at least a few years now. If I get more than an hour to play Overwatch in a single night then that is atypical. 2 hours is like a weekend binge that happens rarely.

Keeping up with you whipper snappers is physically exhausting!
I am kidding, except maybe not.

Keeping up with you whipper snappers is physically exhausting!
I am kidding, except maybe not.

Reinhardt-bad_back.gif

Gator86

I wish there were better indicators of when you have an orb up. I know there are some tiny ones in the bottom right, but looking at those mid-fight is kind of a pain.

That still means someone contested Overtime for over 15 seconds... :p

And I'm saying that is way too fast for the new timer.

I wish there were better indicators of when you have an orb up. I know there are some tiny ones in the bottom right, but looking at those mid-fight is kind of a pain.

For healing, I just try to pay attention to the speed of my ult gains. If it isn't going up fast enough, I'm not healing somebody.

For discord, I just spam that shit anyway. I never really leave it on a target for too long unless they're too dumb to take cover.

Got it. So how long is it actively healing someone, say, who has very low health? Just wondering how often i should send it out.

He's fun, but I feel like a spastic infant when I play him.

It heals 30 health per second. Note that the orb disappears off of your ally if they are out of your line of sight for 3 seconds.

brian!

They are probably trying to have overtime be an actual "last chance" kind of thing where having the team up and in position to take advantage of the time is necesary vs. the infinite delay of the old one.

Ramirez

Yea, our team skill rank was 65 and their team was 74, so we all made out like bandits when we won. But we were a coordinated party of 6. I don't know how you guys endure solo. I did solo once and lost 4x in a row, losing rank every single time. Never. Again.

I'm traditionally a XBox player, but most of my long time FPS friends are gone in general. So it's either play alone, or not at all most of the time, lol.

I went 6-10 yesterday, it was not a good night.

They are probably trying to have overtime be an actual "last chance" kind of thing where having the team up and in position to take advantage of the time is necesary vs. the infinite delay of the old one.

What it's actually become is a "Save your ults for the Overtime message so the enemy has an even longer respawn time" situation.

heckfu

Banned
I'm traditionally a XBox player, but most of my long time FPS friends are gone in general. So it's either play alone, or not at all most of the time, lol.

I went 6-10 yesterday, it was not a good night.
You literally quit our slack group and defriended us on Facebook soooooooo are WE gone? Because we're all still here XD

:thinking_face:

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i can forgive them buffing d.va, she was trash

i can forgive them buffing zenyatta, she was trash

but buffing mercy? what kind of absolute fuckery?

defending anubis as a widow. then other team decides to go widow. which there's a possible chance they were aimbotting because when they were at point B that cursor moved straight to my head when they shot my head.

anyways. so end up switching to mccree so i didn't have to scope. then they switch to mccree.

so i just went with d.va which i'm sure they didn't know how to play since they didn't switch to her lol. but lulz.

i can forgive them buffing d.va, she was trash

i can forgive them buffing zenyatta, she was trash

but buffing mercy? what kind of absolute fuckery?
All they did was allow her to move while using her ult. Don't see how that's such a bad thing. They also nerfed her ult charge by 30%, sooo.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
All they did was allow her to move while using her ult. Don't see how that's such a bad thing. They also nerfed her ult charge by 30%, sooo.

if her ult charges slower now, it's negligible, and resurrection is one of the most shittily frustrating and unfun ults in the game.

it's funny because, among the people i play with, the only discussions we were having wrt mercy was how they were gonna nerf her ult.

Gator86

Being the random lumped into groups in comp kind of sucks ass. You're ignored 90% of the game and left to die time and time again. People still have no answers for Tracer on console. She just runs around the entire match uncontested.

Oh well, I wound up with my first double legendary loot box so it's not all bad.

if her ult charges slower now, it's negligible, and resurrection is one of the most shittily frustrating and unfun ults in the game.

it's funny because, among the people i play with, the only discussions we were having wrt mercy was how they were gonna nerf her ult.
I can't imagine how 30% is negligible. All the buffs did was make her just a little more survivable. She already has the lowest win rate in the game, so.

latest

He honestly feels like the most underappreciated character in the game for how good he is. Now that his hook is fixed he unstoppable.

I hope people (and the nerf squad) don't catch on.

I love roadhog just for the looks and what he does but I can't get the hook timing down (with shoot/melee) I hardly die with him but don't get many kills

latest

He feels like the most underappreciated character in the game for how good he is. Now that his hook is fixed he's unstoppable.

Sometimes im hooking guys 9/10 from full length other times i cant hit an enemy right in my face.

Hes great tho, i pretty much use him solely for Hanamura Defence.

BadRNG

How are these stats calculated? They don't seem to count usage for every hero you use in a match at least, does it only count stats for heroes you end the match with or something? The rank trend seems slightly off as well.

I mean... killing the healer first is kind of a staple when it comes to these types of games.

If you don't kill the Mercy, you're going to have a bad time. If she is hiding in the back, you're flankers need to be seeking her out. If she's with a group in the middle. Your damage dealers need to focus her down first.

latest

He feels like the most underappreciated character in the game for how good he is. Now that his hook is fixed he's unstoppable.

Damn straight, he's a killing machine. I love all his customizables too. His emotes are hilarious, Islander skin is GOAT, and he just fits me. Leave him alone Blizzard!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hello fellow roadhogs.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Fatal_X_Fate

Though I don't "main" anyone since I like to feel pretty versatile overall, he's the most fun for me to play. Also tanking some of my character stats in the last day with these wacky ass Ana matches, lol.

I haven't played competitive that much but I'm way too annoyed by so many aspects of it for this season. But without stacking I'll try it more.

Prelude.

Finally managed to progress after being stuck on lv 38 for ages, now I'm 42.

Also, can we ban Symmetra if point A is taken? Seriously.

How are these stats calculated? They don't seem to count usage for every hero you use in a match at least, does it only count stats for heroes you end the match with or something? The rank trend seems slightly off as well.

They make the best of a bad lot as Blizzard culled what can be pulled from the game/api a while back

As usual its mostly if you play a lot you'll get ranked higher. the sites also only work on if you manually search your name to be added to there database

Chitown B

I don't understand the combat. I do a rush and pin someone and swing a bunch and can't kill them. They do one and the pin kills me instantly. Is theirs leveled up or something?

Hello fellow roadhogs.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Fatal_X_Fate

Though I don't "main" anyone since I like to feel pretty versatile overall, he's the most fun for me to play. Also tanking some of my character stats in the last day with these wacky ass Ana matches, lol.

I haven't played competitive that much but I'm way too annoyed by so many aspects of it for this season. But without stacking I'll try it more.

Damn dude, albeit a limited sample size your Pharah and Roadhog in competitive are amazing. You should play more often. 60 ranking is really high too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom