• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that a good point to make though?

It's humorous and he's a well balanced character. So what's the issue? It's fine you don't like his character design. Some people don't, some people do. Personally, I enjoy him more than some other characters in this game.

Veelk

Banned
It's humorous and he's a well balanced character. So what's the issue? It's fine you don't like his character design. Some people don't, some people do. Personally, I enjoy him more than some other characters in this game.

I guess I just don't get the joke then, since he seems to be pretty much played straight from what I've seen. It's not like he's ironically generic, he just is...generic.

But yeah, it's not like I'm against people liking him or whatever. Just voicing my thoughts.

Idk I think I'm just gonna take a long break from this game. I love it but I just have way too many issues with a lot of stuff. Ranked has kinda killed the game for me

I guess I just don't get the joke then, since he seems to be pretty much played straight from what I've seen. It's not like he's ironically generic, he just is...generic.

But yeah, it's not like I'm against people liking him or whatever. Just voicing my thoughts.

That's understandable, we all have opinions. For me personally, they could remove Torbjorn and I wouldn't give a shit. I just hate anything that rewards a player for what AI is doing. Sure, there is some skill when it comes to turret placement and such. However, for the most part it's the AI doing everything. All it does is lower the skill ceiling.

I always seem to get teammates that make ridiculous character picks for Sudden Death. A team running 3 tanks isn't going be stopped by Torbjorn, Bastion and Junkrat.

Veelk

Banned
That's understandable, we all have opinions. For me personally, they could remove Torbjorn and I wouldn't give a shit. I just hate anything that rewards a player for what AI is doing. Sure, there is some skill when it comes to turret placement and such. However, for the most part it's the AI doing everything. All it does is lower the skill ceiling.

What I don't like is the lack of creativity involved, so while I don't mind Torb himself, I don't like his Ult. It changes nothing about how he's played, it's just a super mode. Almost every other Ult makes characters do something unique, but Torb is just "why don't I just get super strength and reset my health for you, bitch"

Same thing with Soldier unfortunately. His ult is the same thing as him playing regularly, just as an aimbot.

Hyun Sai

That's my opinion as well. I'll take Soldier (even Mei !) over all AI Turret based characters in any competitive game.

I'm hesitant to even mention it because no one else is talking about it but it seems SO much harder to rank either up or down since the update. I'm seriously getting like 1/8 a level up or down regularly after every game.

That's my opinion as well. I'll take Soldier (even Mei !) over all Turret based characters in any competitive game.

Can we just delete Bastion from competitive? 90% of the time it's an automatic L if he's on your squad and once Bastion is picked, someone always seems to pick Torb, who kinda sucks post-nerf tbh.

Edit: Just got 11 votes as D.Va. Feels good even though we lost 😑

So, I'm not enjoying the QP meta since my MMR hit a certain level (say 55+ rank). You know all those useless Genjis we joke about? Yeah, they have now been replaced with Genjis of no less than average caliber. Just constant reflect-dash that I don't know how to counter.

I do have to say, Ranked really loses its luster once you're around the 60 level. Since you're in the Top 10% the pool of players to choose from shrinks significantly and the visible skill gap between a few points is very noticeable. One group I play with has hit a wall because it seems like we're always matching up with four 60s, a low 50, and some god high 60/low 70. I will admit their coordination always is better than ours, too, but it'd be nice to play people on our level.

I had a glitch earlier where we forced OT, 3 guys in the hill then round over appeared, lol.
I've always felt there's been a little lag in it recognizing before, but it really seems to have become an issue since the past update. I believe there was a post in the Overwatch reddit where a Tracer was on a point long enough to kill someone and it didn't register for OT.

---

Regarding the recent patch, it feels like D. Va's defense matrix is a little OP. It's just constantly eating ults. I have noticed people are already used to the new 3 second timer on her ult, thankfully.

BTW, is it me, or does Reinhardt's Hammer swing hit a good deal further out that it physically shows? Sometimes it drives me crazy how he can keep up with you as you back away just swinging and walking.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Regarding the recent patch, it feels like D. Va's defense matrix is a little OP. It's just constantly eating ults. I have noticed people are already used to the new 3 second timer on her ult, thankfully.

People wanted a hero that can nullify ults.

There you go. :D

Depends. Are you actually good? That's great! Are you actually not that great? Prepare to loose 15 levels in a slog of loss-streaks.

Nice!! I did pretty well in most of my matches save a few and 2 of those were pretty much lost since some people can't learn that if they aren't good at sniping with Widowmaker they need to switch classes!!

I had the pleasure of being Reinhart on King's Row. Got nanoboosted.

Feels good.

Back to 45, somehow. I also really like playing Reinhart by taking odd ways around and picking people off before charging in, rather than planting myself with shield all the time. If I need to retreat, scout, or save someone, then I shield.

Why is it that every QP game I play tonight, I'm paired with an awesome team that rolls over the enemy, but every comp team I'm paired with doesn't know any single ounce of strategy whatsoever?

It's really frustrating.

I finally got around to hitting 100 comp wins. It’s been an interesting first season so far. Extreme highs followed by extreme lows. At one point of it I was in the middle 60s with an almost 60% w/l ratio. However, since then I have a 52% w/l ratio and I’m getting closer to that 50% range. I had quite a few leavers in some of my games; however it’s been on both sides, so I can’t complain too much. However, the biggest thing has been Sudden Death. It’s bad, everyone knows it’s bad, and that’s why it’s being removed at the end of this season. I mostly just pick support (as you can tell from my stats) since nobody else is generally willing to do it. Still a little less than a month until the season is over, so we’ll see where I end up at the end. This has been all solo, for the most part.

08sk4kg.png

finalflame

Why is it that every QP game I play tonight, I'm paired with an awesome team that rolls over the enemy, but every comp team I'm paired with doesn't know any single ounce of strategy whatsoever?

It's really frustrating.

Right? I've played so many QP games today where I honestly chatted at my team that I wish I'd get grouped with people like them in comp.

Gator86

Um dont you mean torbs best counter is pharah

They were each other's counters, in my opinion. If Pharah knew where the turret was, she'd smash it and probably also get a kill or two. If she didn't, and jumped into the fight, she'd be in a body bag. So, to some extent, good Pharahs could handle Torb and bad Pharahs died to him a lot. Now, he is completely useless against her, leaving only Soldier and McCree to even try. I literally have not seen a Widow in console comp in over a month. She's a dead character.

Right? I've played so many QP games today where I honestly chatted at my team that I wish I'd get grouped with people like them in comp.

I was at level 59 - all I wanted to do today was make it to level 60. Then I was going to be done with comp. Tonight I dropped all the way to 54.

QP record today: 23-11
Comp record today: 0-7

Ridiculous. I know I'm not a bad player, I just don't understand how every matchup in comp I get paired with a team that doesn't work well, and yet in QP we can manage to get organized and take both capture points in like 3 minutes.

darklin0

Banned
After tonight I believe in the forced 50%. Coming in from my amazing win streak from the other day, I have suffered nothing but losses tonight. Got to 62, lost 4 in a row and ended up right above the 61 mark. I then took a break came back and lost 2. Sitting at rank 59 and I don't want to touch competitive at all.

Went from having great teams working together sticking to the objectives to most of the team pushing forward and dying. Super salty right now. ]:

I was at level 59 - all I wanted to do today was make it to level 60. Then I was going to be done with comp. Tonight I dropped all the way to 54.

Ridiculous. I know I'm not a bad player, I just don't understand how every matchup in comp I get paired with a team that doesn't work well, and yet in QP we can manage to get organized and take both capture points in like 3 minutes.

I feel you man.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
God loving Dva so much.

19K damage blocked. Which doesn't sound like much for 5 rounds, but her shields are purely reactive and not a big rectangle thing for enemies to break.

I'm more impressed that you played 41 games in one day

My group once won a competitive game quite easily when we all thought it was quick play. It helps to be able to stay relaxed when you play, even when you're trying to win.

Danj

I feel like if my actual rank number is not going to change (I'm just going to get fractional ranks whether I win or lose) then there's not much point playing more competitive. I'll be stuck at 43 till the end of the season.

LiK

Power has been out for hours for me. Wanted to really drown myself in some OW tonight but nope. Electric company can't seem to fix this shit fast enough. My entire street is dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom