• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

finally hit my first milestone, on to 75 (this is 100% solo queue which i recommend, at least above 60)

quick mccree clip too, nothing special but i havent posted anything in awhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4_bwO8hzI
Wow. Marry me! Well no, but yes, you're great at this. (๑´・ω・`๑) Jealous!
Power has been out for hours for me. Wanted to really drown myself in some OW tonight but nope. Electric company can't seem to fix this shit fast enough. My entire street is dark.
I'm praying for you. :(

Vestal

I feel like I have improved my play ability over the past 2 weeks. Problem is I had crated to around 42 from 54 due to really fucking bad MMR spread at the start of the season.

Now I have clawed my way back up to 48(49.9 at one point) but it seems I am getting stuck with incompetent teammates.

Last 3 games which I lost..

DVa on all 3...

All 3 I had either triple gold (Elims(48avg kills), Obj kills(25 avg)/Time) or quad with Damage added. They all ended in OT and we lost cause 1 or 2 people on the team didn't switch to a necessary character.

I guess I can only carry so much, and will have to accept getting stuck in this rank abyss until Season 2.

Danj

Power has been out for hours for me. Wanted to really drown myself in some OW tonight but nope. Electric company can't seem to fix this shit fast enough. My entire street is dark.

Time to buy a UPS! Don't forget to attach your router to it as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
I feel like if my actual rank number is not going to change (I'm just going to get fractional ranks whether I win or lose) then there's not much point playing more competitive. I'll be stuck at 43 till the end of the season.

Keep playing to get better. If you get good enough you can carry the 40s, aim for that high goal.

And it was the first time I was around to invite you even though you asked for half a week ;__;

You see, there are these things called cell phones and laptops..that use things called batteries, that can continue to have power even when there's no electricity being provided from an outlet.

*gasp*

:p
Those are clearly imaginary devices created by the government to keep us from noticing their secret dealings with the Mars People.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dva is my bae on koth. She was before, but I had better options, but now she is THE option.

Turned a match with a triple self destruct. Was getting hosed before, than the momentum turned our way.

16BitNova

Well, ranked is fucked until all these bad players stop playing Ana.

Agreed. I'll play her on rank occasionally. Depending on map and situation. However, even when I play her, I play her like the support character she is. And we do well. The worst is people using her strictly offensive based. Not giving a shit about their teammates. The worst.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am beyond terrible with Ana. Jesus.

I like her kit and all but I do wish she atleast had some mobility, I don't really think something like a wallclimb would be that crazy for her. I find myself in a lot of awkward scenarios where I can't really see teammates to shoot them but it would take so long to take another route up. Teammates bodyblocking shots meant for other members can also be frustrating but I'm not sure what they can do about that aside from making it pass through full health characters.

Pooya

had a bunch of games today, we're behind, then the highest ranked guy in our teams starts picking on the lowest rank one and how everything is his fault. Like how awful people can be, yeah everything is on that guy because he's 8 ranks lower than you, like that means anything in this system with how you can lose ranks and of course it completely ruined the game with everyone distracted. It happened a few times, you can't get more toxic than this. It's so awful that some think they can boss the rest of the team around too if they're 5 ranks higher.

Of course that guy didn't do anything himself, he was playing Mccree all game and complaining about team not getting their genji, like dude it's YOUR job to handle that guy, loudest mouths are always the worst.

Curious what they have planned for season 2, current system is just not very enjoyable.

peakish

I've had a break from ranked after a losing streak but I'll be getting back into it today. If anyone wants to group up just let me know. I'm mid-50's right now, hoping to get back higher up or at the very least stabilize at this point. Not a great player but I always try my best. Usually play tank or support, I've given up my Pharah dream :(

I'm on PC EU, quote for ID.

ISOM

I was at level 59 - all I wanted to do today was make it to level 60. Then I was going to be done with comp. Tonight I dropped all the way to 54.

QP record today: 23-11
Comp record today: 0-7

Ridiculous. I know I'm not a bad player, I just don't understand how every matchup in comp I get paired with a team that doesn't work well, and yet in QP we can manage to get organized and take both capture points in like 3 minutes.

I know that feel. I went from 55 to 50 in one day and was wondering how low I could go since I was on like a 9 game losing streak.

Ramirez

I am beyond terrible with Ana. Jesus.

I like her kit and all but I do wish she atleast had some mobility, I don't really think something like a wallclimb would be that crazy for her. I find myself in a lot of awkward scenarios where I can't really see teammates to shoot them but it would take so long to take another route up. Teammates bodyblocking shots meant for other members can also be frustrating but I'm not sure what they can do about that aside from making it pass through full health characters.

Yea, she needs sprint or wall climbing. I don't understand the reasoning of making a sniper, and then not allowing her to access the sniping positions in the game.

Sarek

I know that feel. I went from 55 to 50 in one day and was wondering how low I could go since I was on like a 9 game losing streak.

Placement matches gave me rank 51. Rapidly dropped down to 38, and now I'm clawing my way back up at 45 atm. Maybe I didn't deserve 51, but at one point I lost like 10 games in a row and it started dropping my rank a full level after each loss. Plus I had ton of leavers on my side while I haven't had any in over a week now.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yea, she needs sprint or wall climbing. I don't understand the reasoning of making a sniper, and then not allowing her to access the sniping positions in the game.

I think her intended use isn't really sniping, it's just her style of gun. Hip fire that thing.

WhyMe6

I feel like I've been doing really terribly these past few days. I feel like my hands aren't doing what my brain is telling them to do and I'm aiming awfully. I lowered the PS4 controller sensitivity to 40-25 (I had it on 50-35), but I don't know if that's truly helping. I sunk from 55 to 50 rank and, though I tend to get 2-3 golds in most games and my teammates are doing a great job, the other team just outranks us totally in skill. I feel like I'm getting matched against people who should be in the 60s but had horrible losing streaks or something.

I think learning to Lucio carry is the way to solo-queue Competitive victory boys.

Yeah, I'm sensing this too. I do love pissing everyone off whilst sliding around the walls, poor folk can't aim on their controller to hit me at all.

duckroll

That feel when you're already playing Lucio, see that your team is filled with low HP attacking characters, suggest better defense or a tank, and someone switches to.... Ana instead.

Wanna hang myself. Fuck this game.

finalflame

That feel when you're already playing Lucio, see that your team is filled with low HP attacking characters, suggest better defense or a tank, and someone switches to.... Ana instead.

Wanna hang myself. Fuck this game.

Dat feel when you're attacking on Anubis and ask your team if they wanna rush left. They say yes. The Mei agrees to put up an ice wall so we can get in the room. I run Lucio to speed boost us in. Then when H-hour comes, everyone becomes retarded and goes off down the middle AROUND the Mei wall and gets mowed down by the enemy bastion/torb.

nUSVZ6b.gif

Digging D.Va a looot now, probably more than Winston (he needs something :( ). Saving up for the scavenger/junker skins.

Also I feel like I play McCree so much better now, even at closer ranges. Different mindset I guess lol, but feels nice consistently getting gold medals at eliminations and damage compared to before.

Antiwhippy

You know I try not to judge characters too hard because yes, team game, no one person is the only reason the team loses, but if you're attacking as sniper in hanamura and can't even consistently kill the bastion I'm finding it real hard not to judge.

A game from yesterday we had a Hanzo on our team. One of my teammates asked if he'd mind switching to someone else. He was like, "I have more medals than all of you, so you should be one to talk." He really wasn't helping that much. But luckily the other team had a really bad Bastion so they canceled each other out. lol

We won like 3-1 and he was like "Next time don't tell me to switch because I was doing more than all of you."

166.gif

LiK

A game from yesterday we had a Hanzo on our team. One of my teammates asked if he'd mind switching to someone else. He was like, "I have more medals than all of you, so you should be one to talk." He really wasn't helping that much. But luckily the other team had a really bad Bastion so they canceled each other out. lol

We won like 3-1 and he was like "Next time don't tell me to switch because I was doing more than all of you."

166.gif

was he saying that or typing that out?

Sarek

I haven't really played D. Va at all, like literally just played my first couple rounds with her minutes ago. I realized though that I'm not very good at using her ultimate. Is the damage blocked by line of sight?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I haven't really played D. Va at all, like literally just played my first couple rounds with her minutes ago. I realized though that I'm not very good at using her ultimate. Is the damage blocked by line of sight?
Yes.

Azoor

Yes and Reinhardt can block it with his shield.

lol, he's probably tired of people telling to switch as a Hanzo. bet you has all the replies in notepad.

Well he stayed on Hanzo the whole game, while everyone else on the team was switching to different characters to counter. Some people who play this game are just special.

I get some real winners sometimes. Most of the time I'm just laughing.

Oh I got another one from today. So we are attacking on Volskaya Industries. We only have one tank and it's a D.Va. I would have went another tank, but I was stuck on support so whatever. Anyways, this guy keep telling us to push while he just sat back on D.Va and was trying to shoot people from extreme distances. Like he was standing on top of buildings the whole time shooting instead of actually doing what a tank was suppose to do. We didn't even get the first point and when the enemy team attacked they got it in like less than a minute.

The whole time he's like:

wttttttttttttttfffffffffff

My team doesn't do anything.

Come on guys do something.

I don't even care we lost. This game is hilarious sometimes.

finalflame

1.59m to cap the payload on Gibraltar and the enemy Genji ults, basically TKs us. Cool, we have 3 mins left, plenty of time to push it the rest of the way.

Nope. Team can't do it. Fucking lose the game. Can't push it the last 1.59m.

I swear to god I want to break everything in my vicinity right now. I need to uninstall this game and go to bed.

LiK

1.59m to cap the payload on Gibraltar and the enemy Genji ults, basically TKs us. Cool, we have 3 mins left, plenty of time to push it the rest of the way.

Nope. Team can't do it. Fucking lose the game. Can't push it the last 1.59m.

I swear to go I want to break everything in my vicinity right now. I need to uninstall this game and go to bed.

yea, i had that happen once with randoms. really annoying.

ramyeon

Ana really does get no recognition. Hard to get PoTG and even when I get really amazing stats for healing I almost never get a card for it on the voting screen. The unsung hero.

Antiwhippy

I feel like I've finally broke through my hell of low 45 nearly 46 to high 45 low 46. Like just back and forth constantly.

Basically trading wins and losses but hey, progress!

Ana really does get no recognition. Hard to get PoTG and even when I get really amazing stats for healing I almost never get a card for it on the voting screen. The unsung hero.
I always vote for the Ana. My experience with them has been pretty positive, they ALWAYS heal me when I need it and they always stay with the team. All the bad Anas I've seen have been on the enemy team, usually staying the hell back playing sniper. :p

caesar

Banned
I feel like if my actual rank number is not going to change (I'm just going to get fractional ranks whether I win or lose) then there's not much point playing more competitive. I'll be stuck at 43 till the end of the season.

I was stuck in the 40s for like 2 weeks because I was playing lucio etc. Then I realised if your team can't kill anything its useless anyway. If you actually think you don't belong there switch to dps and try to carry every game, gold elims and gold dmg = should climb eventually. Sometimes you do get screwed by teammates though, I found that in the 40s teams are very susceptible to cheese.

In sudden death if youre attacking, convince your team to go one lucio and one rein. Everyone gather behind the rein shield and then speed boost onto the point and rush them. Works pretty much everytime.

After I did this I shot up to 56 and planning to go further tonight.

I was stuck in the 40s for like 2 weeks because I was playing lucio etc. Then I realised if your team can't kill anything its useless anyway. If you actually think you don't belong there switch to dps and try to carry every game, gold elims and gold dmg = should climb eventually. Sometimes you do get screwed by teammates though, I found that in the 40s teams are very susceptible to cheese.

In sudden death if youre attacking, convince your team to go one lucio and one rein. Everyone gather behind the rein shield and then speed boost onto the point and rush them. Works pretty much everytime.

After I did this I shot up to 56 and planning to go further tonight.

Yeah, that’s the thing I’ve learning playing support. It’s highly dependent on your team. If you have a competent team, chances are you’ll do great. However, if you don’t, it’s going to be a long and frustrating match. Someone who plays DPS can still be extremely effective even if their team isn’t that good. However, support is pretty much only has effective as their team. It’s why you see a lot good player and pros on stream always go DPS when they solo because they know they can make a huge difference that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom