• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeders are a real problem in this game.

Had some weird teams yesterday too, who seemed like they had their ults all the time.

i think we had 1 or possibly two tanks and one of them was roadhog. even if roadhog was to use his heals he wouldn't be alive long enough for mccree to charge his ult from given the other team was still alive to take him out. at one point mccree had almost back to back ult. i dodged one and then all of a sudden boom another high noon. i was lucio but i went around just to see what's going on. oh well. weekend is over boys. time to get back to regular progaming!

Rad-

Yesterday there was a mccree that had his high noon almost Everytime we pushed in volskaya. Like who is was he shooting at lol

Let me guess, you had a Roadhog. I get like 5 high noons per round with current McCree when there's a Roadhog in the enemy team. When I see a Roadhog, I instantly just start sniping his ass to gain ult charge. McCree's full damage range is longer than Roadhog's chain range and because he's so slow you can pop them headshots really easily against him.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's so easy when you're playing Roadhog to forget that your tankiness comes at a real cost.

It's the best, just throw shurikens at his fat self from like sniper distance and get delicious sword mad quick.

Also, I like moonmoon, but I don't like his stream since I find Roadhog to be boring to spectate.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But it builds my ultimate to take damage and heal myself!

(Actually, the more I've played with it, the more I'm convinced that self-healing building ultimate charge is detrimental to the way the games play.)

Eh it kinda just happens naturally. I don't intentionally go out to hurt myself.

It's the best, just throw shurikens at his fat self from like sniper distance and get delicious sword mad quick.

Also, I like moonmoon, but I don't like his stream since I find Roadhog to be boring to spectate.

You also know what's the best?

Hooking genji and unloading a shotgun to his dumb face when he's ulting.

The thing about roadhog being the ultimate ult builder is that he's also the ultimate ult stopper. Though he's topped by DVa for now, but he still counters ulting genji hard.

Seagull>moonmoon

both are good :p

Moonmoon plays the heroes I play more often though.

Anyways, back to 46. Won like 4 games in a row, then had 3 games where people left. Sucks but it happens. I've started changing off supports when my team is clearly uncoordinated or doesn't want to listen. Pulled off a clutch KotH win by switching from Lucio to Junkrat on Nepal.

Antiwhippy

What's with these goddamn reinhardts not just going hulk smash the moment I boost them, like goddamn, I turn you into an unkillable rampaging killing machine and you put you motherfucking shield up still?

pelicansurf

Eh it kinda just happens naturally. I don't intentionally go out to hurt myself.

You also know what's the best?

Hooking genji and unloading a shotgun to his dumb face when he's ulting.

The thing about roadhog being the ultimate ult builder is that he's also the ultimate ult stopper. Though he's topped by DVa for now, but he still counters ulting genji hard.

As Genji main, you have illustrated my reasons for not liking Roadhog.

Being Ana Ulted and swording and getting hooked is literally the worst.

Defuser

Is there a way to counter roadhogg's hook besides staying out of its range? I don't like the fact his hook shot combo is a instant kill if not he just add a melee to ensure a final nail in the coffin.
I could sometimes escape/counter with skill but that's because the enemy roadhogg mess up his timing for the hook shot.

I'm buying a second copy of this next month so I can play with my partner at the same time.

I can't wait for us to roll in quick play as an organised duo. We're going to wipe the floor with everybody.

Antiwhippy

Is there a way to counter roadhogg's hook besides staying out of its range? I don't like the fact his hook shot combo is a instant kill if not he just add a melee to ensure a final nail in the coffin.
I could sometimes escape/counter with skill but that's because the enemy roadhogg mess up his timing for the hook shot.

You can predict a hook and smash reflect but a good roadhog will bait that out.

duckroll

Had some pretty good games today. Feeling good. There was a great match at Lijiang which was really close, and we lost, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. In the final round their Torb had a really well placed turret which cut off our backup to the point before we noticed it, and that won them the game when they reclaimed the point in Overtime. Well played.

abundant

What's with these goddamn reinhardts not just going hulk smash the moment I boost them, like goddamn, I turn you into an unkillable rampaging killing machine and you put you motherfucking shield up still?

Seriously? People do that? Whenever I play Reinhardt and get a nano boost, I always charge in and swing away like a mad man.

pelicansurf

Are you talking about as Genji or just overall? Overall, you're boned against a hook if you get got. As Genji, you just have to "feel" when they're going to hook, which is usually immediately. If you see them not hook in the first 2 seconds of your reflect, just cancel it by using your shift to get the hell out of there. If you do get hooked and have cooldowns up, just hold down "E" or even shift if you have it up and if he messes up, you get to escape as soon as the stun frame ends.

Antiwhippy

Seriously? People do that? Whenever I play Reinhardt and get a nano boost, I always charge in and swing away like a mad man.

Maybe they don't know what nanoboost does, but it's real frustrating to see reinhardts doing jack when I nanoboost them.

This game was already great, but after this last patch it has been simply amazing. No more Torbjorn stacking on defense makes the game infinitely more interesting. I play on PS4 always with randoms, and it was very frustating at times. Don't really care about ranks, but the quality of the games is a bit better the higher the rank. Started at 43, went as low as 37, but now at 57-58 has been a lot of fun, despite the quitters/dumb people ruining a game now and then. Slowly climbing the rank has Genji, such an awesome character.

Just had an incredibly close win on dorado when we were defending in sudden death and one of our players had disconnected. We were about to lose it when i took out two people with a rup tire then our lucio hit his barrier which let us wipe out the enemy team and win. Closest match i've had in ranked yet.

abundant

Pretty dumb when you have 750hp, 100+ dmg hammer swing, 450 dmg charge for 8 secs.

How is it dumb? Nano boost gives you 50% Damage Increase, 50% Damage Reduction, and 30% Speed Boost. A nano boosted Reinhardt that is aggressive will at best get 2 to 4 eliminations and at worse have the other team retreating from the objective.

edit: Or am I just misreading things?

peakish

Moon isnt a pro though, hes just fun to watch and actually 6 stacks. Seagull queues with shadder and pocket mercy to have low stakes games.
Yeah I've gravitated towards MoonMoon because he just seems to have more fun with his groups where everyone is laughing their ass off. Seagull is great at answering questions and doing cool stuff but the stream is so quiet. Ofc Moon is going for a more comedic stream so they should be different in tone, it's just not as fun for me.

arimanius

How is it dumb? Nano boost gives you 50% Damage Increase, 50% Damage Reduction, and 30% Speed Boost. A nano boosted Reinhardt that is aggressive will at best get 2 to 4 eliminations and at worse have the other team retreating from the objective.

I think that's what he was meaning. It's dumb not to go in swinging like a madman when boosted.

caesar

Banned

edit: Or am I just misreading things?
Saying its pretty dumb to not charge in.

Owzers

my best Nano Boosted moments in qp:

As Reinhardt i rushed into a trap at Point B Volksaya :/
As D.va i was all set to use my ult and was unexpectedly charged and my brain couldn't tell my finger not to push the button.

Kito

QOL improvements I want:

Symmetra - shields now at the start of the hp bar so that teammates can appreciate Sym when its below 25.

Lucio - ult activation whilst wall riding.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
my best Nano Boosted moments in qp:

As Reinhardt i rushed into a trap at Point B Volksaya :/
As D.va i was all set to use my ult and was unexpectedly charged and my brain couldn't tell my finger not to push the button.

I once got nano boosted as Symmetra with no one nearby or reachable with my close range beam. I was like "OK?"

QOL improvements I want:

Symmetra - shields now at the start of the hp bar so that teammates can appreciate Sym when its below 25.

Lucio - ult activation whilst wall riding.

yeah that would be good for lucio.

speaking of lucio. someone asked wheres our healer (i being lucio) can't survive and heal if everyone is spread out.

Clawww

The minute you get good with Genji is the moment you realize he's pretty much the only hero you want to play. He has huge game changer potential, he can hard carry, and his mobility is insane.

Genji for president.

yeah but then once in a while you'll face someone who's willing to pick winston and stay on your ass constantly and the fun just stops

Antiwhippy

Managed a boost today that broke the final point, so that was cool. \o/

Was against a team with a really fucking annoying tracer too, so that was a good bonus. Whenever a tracer lose, an angel gains its wings.

Kito

Her weapon does have quite a reach and I killed a Pharah as a Symmetra in Volskaya several times with a Mercy helping me out.

If you time 2 energy balls right I guess you could. I play Sym the most and Pharah is my hardest counter. I usually switch to Zen now that he has 200hp. In my last ranked game I made a Pharah, who failed to spawn camp me, leave the lobby. Based Zen.

Even with the McCree buff, Pharah is crazy popular on the EU servers whilst good McCrees are rare. The complete opposite of the US server.

Prelude.

Two Tracers on the team, everyone's dead but them, 30 seconds before we lose on Anubis attack on point B. I nano boost one of them, she stays hidden for the whole boost, I type that she should go in if she's boosted and I get a: "Who boosts a Tracer?"

Alt+F4 and fuck you.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No one wants to group up with me on PS4 :(
GAF pls

My PSN ID is Fersis_4, just put GAF on the request.
I play for about one hour at 9PM GMT-3 (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Awful top of the page post i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom