• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cards in this game are so strange sometimes. Today I've had 4 gold medals with D.Va and it showed my objective time. 4 gold medals with Zarya and it showed projected barriers. 3 gold medals with Tracer and yet no card.

AngryMoth

i'm surely gonna jinx this but I've had about 10 comp matches in a row without a quitter (except at the start). Actually been able to rank up a bit for a change!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The cards in this game are so strange sometimes. Today I've had 4 gold medals with D.Va and it showed my objective time. 4 gold medals with Zarya and it showed projected barriers. 3 gold medals with Tracer and yet no card.

I think that if your gold isn't significantly far away from the silvers they get less "points" in deciding the voting cards?

Gorillaz

Man, competitive is such bullshit. So you play a game of Hollywood Attack and you win easily. Next round the other team does an alright job at attacking. They don't finish as fast as you, but they do finish and so you're 3-3. Now it's sudden death, and you have to defend. Of course you lose because of how one-sided this bullshit is and how much easier it is to attack than to defend. To top it all of, you got three gold medals and did great, but individual performance means fuck all in this ranking system so you still lose a rank.

Yeah, I'm a little bit salty. I just don't know what Blizzard were thinking with this nonsense.

Personally I think if both teams finished the payload push whoever had the better time should in it from there. No overtime/sudden death. Team A did the same thing but faster then team B. Leave it at that.

Ramirez

So yea, Genji needs a nerf on console. The ult charges too fast, and he's way too damn hard to hit. Went Winston and still couldn't do shit because I get a Discord orb put on me and I'm melted within seconds. I don't think it's a coincidence that all of the high level players on PS4 main Genji. Meh.

Jarate

Banned
I just experienced a 5 round hanamura lol

EDIT: Am I the only person here who doesnt mind getting currency? I agree it should be higher for a duplicate, but it at least allows me to choose the skins I want

Owzers

So I remapped Lucio's jump button to L2 on PS4. Could not wallride with X. Curious to try it out tonight.

Yeah, everyone just kind of uses whatever. 5 Ana's has been my life for the past couple of nights.

However, I don't fault people for trying new characters, which is what I imagine people are doing. I know I have been attempting to use different folks in QP that I don't normally use.

I'm actually worse with Lucio now that i've remapped jump to L2 because my brain is too used to the old way and i keep hitting the wrong buttons. Boop on R1, none of this makes sense!

Also, i tried Mccree again today after having some success on defense Dorado, tried it on defense Nubani. Yup, i'm trash. I was on the top of an area trying to snipe and hit nobody, made me think i didn' tactually exist in the game.

I just experienced a 5 round hanamura lol

EDIT: Am I the only person here who doesnt mind getting currency? I agree it should be higher for a duplicate, but it at least allows me to choose the skins I want

It's just that the duplicate amounts are so low. Get pure coins as a legendary roll and you get 500. But if you roll a dupe legendary, it's 200.

I'm actually worse with Lucio now that i've remapped jump to L2 because my brain is too used to the old way and i keep hitting the wrong buttons. Boop on R1, none of this makes sense!

Also, i tried Mccree again today after having some success on defense Dorado, tried it on defense Nubani. Yup, i'm trash. I was on the top of an area trying to snipe and hit nobody, made me think i didn' tactually exist in the game.

I put jump on L1 and crossfade on X. Works pretty well because it lets me keep boop on L2 and using X to crossfade is easy enough.

Jarate

Banned
It's just that the duplicate amounts are so low. Get pure coins as a legendary roll and you get 500. But if you roll a dupe legendary, it's 200.

It's just an artificial barrier to stop people from getting too much currency to make the skins more "rare"

It kind of sucks I guess, but like, at least I didnt buy a key to open it

LiK

Double genji is some right old bullshit though.

Fuck constant dragon blades.

Mariohead and I fought triple Meis last night. Constant Ults in that last couple of meters for the Hollywood map. They were so goddamn annoying. We finally won after we did a team kill on them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cloud9 is rocking a Mei in this monthly mashup. I'm not sure whether to be angry or concerned.
It was only a matter of time when team comp could change to slot her in.

The ability to force a fight with your numbers in favor is strong in organized comp imo

JHall

Be a-mei-zed.

It was only a matter of time when team comp could change to slot her in.

The ability to force a fight with your numbers in favor is strong in organized comp imo

She's very good at singling out over extending enemies, stalling time, and making numbers to be in your teams favor with ice wall. But, coming from a Quake background she goes against everything I want in a FPS. Slowing down gameplay is not what I like.

Edit: Surefour is a GOD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She's very good at singling out over extending enemies, stalling time, and making numbers to be in your teams favor with ice wall. But, coming from a Quake background she goes against everything I want in a FPS. Slowing down gameplay is not what I like.

Nothing about this game should appeal to someone with a Quake background.

Even the Scout of TF2 equivalent is much slower in Overwatch. And the Scout was a slowed down Quake character

ExVicis

I am having the worst night of rando mm. It's just been non-stop stomps on whatever team I'm on and I'm just powerless to stop it. I'm getting very demoralized.

JHall

Nothing about this game should appeal to someone with a Quake background.

Even the Scout of TF2 equivalent is much slower in Overwatch. And the Scout was a slowed down Quake character

I enjoy the game for what it is. Quake always has a special place for me. But, I understand not every game will be like it.

psyfi

Banned
I swear the game's map rotation is super strange. I feel like I get the same cycle of maps on certain nights and then don't see other ones for the longest time/
Yeah, same. There've been times when I went without seeing a map for so long that I forgot it existed, haha.

I swear the game's map rotation is super strange. I feel like I get the same cycle of maps on certain nights and then don't see other ones for the longest time.
It's pretty awful honestly.

I went two weeks without Lijiang Tower, and then a few nights back I played King's Row four times in a row.

Wanted to die.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Edit: Surefour is a GOD.

See, I think we need more of that. There's already an insane power and speed creep in this game that is pushing out a lot of characters.

I don't want this to be an arena shooter. I want interesting stuff that isn't based around who can aim best.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's pretty awful honestly.

I went two weeks without Lijiang Tower, and then a few nights back I played King's Row four times in a row.

Wanted to die.

I didn't even get that trophy for winning a match on each map until I was level 60 or 70 because I just never saw King's Row for the longest time, lol.

ExVicis

So why do people pick and the unpick characters rapidly in the character select screen? Does that mean something that I'm not aware of?

Usually some sort of inner battle where the person is deciding between what makes better team comp. sense or what they actually want to play as.

So why do people pick and the unpick characters rapidly in the character select screen? Does that mean something that I'm not aware of?

Maybe they're showing what they'll pick but aren't locking in to give people time to think about the team comp and if someone else wants to play the hero they're flexible.

MOBAs have that stuff in selection screen where you can show a temporary pick without locking your stuff, helps a bit with making your team early on. It's weird they didn't bother with it. It'd be especially useful with the 1hero limit.

I didn't even get that trophy for winning a match on each map until I was level 60 or 70 because I just never saw King's Row for the longest time, lol.

I just got it recently at level 25. I had played plenty of matches on Dorado but never won apparently, and that was the one I was missing haha. Before that I thought it was Nepal because up until level 22 or so, I literally never had seen the map. And that day I saw it for the first time, I got 3 games on it in total. King's Row and Volskaya also are pretty rare for me.

I most often get Ilios, Lijiang and Hollywood.

No reason at all other than it looks silly. When one person starts doing it, usually the rest of the team does it as well and it's kinda ridiculous to see and listen to.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Does "The play of the game" mean you were the best in the match?

Really boosts my self-esteem about playing this game. (I just got it yesterday btw)

JHall

See, I think we need more of that. There's already an insane power and speed creep in this game that is pushing out a lot of characters.

I don't want this to be an arena shooter. I want interesting stuff that isn't based around who can aim best.

I agree, I like this game because the different amount of strategies that can evolve. But then again, it is an FPS it's mostly going to come down who can aim better and out smart their opponents. Mei has a place in competitive Overwatch; it's just situational right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom