• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

I have the feeling now that I tried mcgree more often and he is supposed to be hitscan, that something is wrong on my end. I'm more than sure I hit the mouse to shoot and have someone in my aim but I don't hit them. Only if I calculate their movement into my aim I hit them. I tried it with Gsync on so I hit my refresh rate at 144Hz and at 144FPS and I tried to disable it to get about 180FPS. My ping is at 20ms and should be good. I don't have any input lag. Should I try it with the overdrive on my monitor?

No one? :(

ekim

I don't have any solutions for you, other than confirm that McCree is still 100% hit scan. Hope someone here can help you out.

For what it's worth, when I'm in the training area I don't have these problems. Are those robots server side still or is this completely running locally?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I do nothing but lose lately, just got steam rolled in a game. Idiot's trying to use Bastion on offense in a level 70 game. Not a damn thing anyone can do to overcome idiotic team picks.
Nothing wrong with going Bastion on Attack if your team isn't breaking a point

Soulflarz

Banned
I had an icon with a white or golden background instead of the dash in my placement matches. What did this mean?

Glitch, it used to display top 500 player randomly :p
Rankings are kinda broken in placement matches. That's the icon you're looking for though.

Anne

Shooting with hitscan heroes can sometimes feel like shit thanks to the low tick rate, in all seriousness. The game updates at 20 ticks a second which means sometimes things can be a little bit out of place from the visual you're getting.

Ramirez

Nothing wrong with going Bastion on Attack if your team isn't breaking a point

Definitely something wrong with it when I see him dead in a pile of robot guts because Genji kept smoking him. Sticking with it the whole match when it obviously isn't working is very stupid.

Ramirez

You'd know if your top 500, you get an animation when you hit it and your rank doesn't show, it's just a cool icon.

I know, it was bugged, did they ever fix it? Over buff would be way off if the icon is fixed, because I didn't have that at 76 despite OB's stats saying otherwise.

Ramirez

You'd think top 500 players would be most likely to use a site like that though. I don't think there'd be that much of a discrepancy, anyway.

Yea, really. It has over 100K registered for PS4. If you're top 10,000, I'd bet anything you've checked the site, lol.

I'm afraid I have embraced the dark side. I have started to rationalise stacking heroes. During a pub match where our Genji refused to take out a really annoyingly placed turret
because he was too busy with the ever so important job of sniping at Ana and Reaper
, I became a ninja myself. We still lost, since no one was healing any more at that point, but I don't regret the decision. That turret was shut down for the rest of the match, and at least we were able to advance again.

It's all downhill from here. If someone spots me taking pointless pot-shots as the third Hanzo on a team, please intervene.

ekim

Shooting with hitscan heroes can sometimes feel like shit thanks to the low tick rate, in all seriousness. The game updates at 20 ticks a second which means sometimes things can be a little bit out of place from the visual you're getting.

So does this actually mean, if I lock my FPS to 60, visuals/tick-rate should be more coherent?

I've gotten like 5 legendary drops in my last 10 loot boxes. Unfortunately, one of them was Zarya's Industrial skin, but I won't try to question my luck.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yea, really. It has over 100K registered for PS4. If you're top 10,000, I'd bet anything you've checked the site, lol.

Not really, it's a good generalized idea, but I wouldn't use it for tracking that much. A lot of players don't think of rank minute to minute, especially a lot of the higher up ones who aren't thinking about it.

It doesn't even have a lot of the pro players I think.

See this.

Ramirez

Whatever you guys say, but any person I've ever known who cared about their rank has checked out the leading stat sight.

That aside, has anyone ever seen a player with the top 500 icon? Because I haven't, even on the 80s I played. So it doesn't seem like it's working to me.

Soulflarz

Banned
Whatever you guys say, but any person I've ever known who cared about their rank has checked out the leading stat sight.

That aside, has anyone ever seen a player with the top 500 icon? Because I haven't, even on the 80s I played. So it doesn't seem like it's working to me.

Only glitched

And nah I know plenty who never check it- think of everyone good who isn't googling the meta for their mains and such!

Anne

So does this actually mean, if I lock my FPS to 60, visuals/tick-rate should be more coherent?

More like lock it to 20 :v

It wont matter much what your FPS is, the client just updates actions at a very slow rate. Go put some friends in a "high bandwidth mode" custom game and see what 60 tick feels like.

duckroll

At least bad Genji players tend to rush into combat or try to contest a point. With his low HP, he's not much of a feed either. Bad Hanzo players just stand at the back and do jack shit. They can kill with their ults but if they don't time them with a team push it's useless. Then after you lose, you still have to suffer by watching the useless Hanzo get POTG! Lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
Matched with an all star McCree who switched to Hanzo the next game we got him then Pharah

Was amazing as all 3. I'm amazed.

*earlier today, I've been playing TMS for a few hours.

Azoor

At least bad Genji players tend to rush into combat or try to contest a point. With his low HP, he's not much of a feed either. Bad Hanzo players just stand at the back and do jack shit. They can kill with their ults but if they don't time them with a team push it's useless. Then after you lose, you still have to suffer by watching the useless Hanzo get POTG! Lol.

This is why Hanzo is the only hero that I don't play. I know I suck playing as him and I don't wanna be a detriment to my team. So it's better to play a hero I know how to play depending on the composition of my team. This is why it's a good idea to be good at at least one hero per category (Tank, defense, etc.)

Been practicing how to be a better Widowmaker though.

ekim

More like lock it to 20 :v

It wont matter much what your FPS is, the client just updates actions at a very slow rate. Go put some friends in a "high bandwidth mode" custom game and see what 60 tick feels like.

I'm scared I could never go back to a normal game after this :eek:

This is why Hanzo is the only hero that I don't play. I know I suck playing as him and I don't wanna be a detriment to my team. So it's better to play a hero I know how to play depending on the composition of my team. This is why it's a good idea to be good at at least one hero per category (Tank, defense, etc.)
You're a good person.

Personally I think if both teams finished the payload push whoever had the better time should in it from there. No overtime/sudden death. Team A did the same thing but faster then team B. Leave it at that.

Yeah exactly. Why is this not a thing? It seems so obvious. I really wonder what Blizzard's reasoning for sudden death is.

Ramirez

Yeah exactly. Why is this not a thing? It seems so obvious. I really wonder what Blizzard's reasoning for sudden death is.

I'd like to see it go to this as well. I'd also like them to count every CP on a capture point as a point. If one team makes it to the 3rd CP on Anubis B, and the other team only got to the 2nd CP, why do both teams only have 1 point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom