• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexus6

I am kinda done with this game, down to only playing a few rounds a week at best. Not really sure why.. maybe it'll click with me again later on.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I played with someone last night that was almost at 400. Like 3 stars + 90.

I checked out the profile. This person had about 5ish hours with every character except Winston, who had 191 hours!

Winston!

It's insane how some people can already be above lvl 200, let alone 300. I mean, what do they do with their lives? Eat, sleep & play Overwatch and that's about it? I play between 1 & 2 hours of Overwatch per day at most and I just hit 110.

I can understand that an account could be shared with others, but that's not everybody for sure.

It's become a problem. I'm so much better with him than anyone else that not playing as him is now 'I'm not trying my hardest'.
I know how that feels. I'm generally at my best as a tank, but I don't want to mess with the team comp because of it. Thankfully I have fun playing Lucio, so I have a purpose on every team because of at :p

Also starting to get really good with McCree and aiming with him on console. Had 16000 damage in a ranked match the other day, McCree is easily becoming one of my favorite characters. So is Dva. So is Zen.
this update is soooo good.
Not sure what I think about Ana yet. She's fun but I can't see myself using her regularly.

I know how that feels. I'm generally at my best as a tank, but I don't want to mess with the team comp because of it. Thankfully I have fun playing Lucio, so I have a purpose on every team because of at :p

Also starting to get really good with McCree and aiming with him on console. Had 16000 damage in a ranked match the other day, McCree is easily becoming one of my favorite characters. So is Dva. So is Zen.
Not sure what I think about Ana yet. She's fun but I can't see myself using her regularly.
I love new McCree. He's my second most played since the patch.

Thanks.

Havnt seen much "pro" gameplay, but he did went on some pretty impressive streaks imo. Atleast when taking in to account he is playing with a controller.

is it easy to see that he is not on kbm btw? When comparing him to the best players on pc?
I mean, he's obviously not on Kbm. There's a cam in the top left showing him playing with a controller.

Rad-

I'm already pre-sad because I know he will get nerfed sooner or later. Current McCree is the most fun I've had in Overwatch yet.

maouvin

Two comp matches agains teams ranked 20+ above my team. I know going with a near-full group can mess the matchmaking, but damn.
The matches were quick and the rank loss milimetric, so there's that.

Also, saw a level 596 this morning. Portrait with 5 stars looks pretty nice.

It's insane how some people can already be above lvl 200, let alone 300. I mean, what do they do with their lives? Eat, sleep & play Overwatch and that's about it? I play between 1 & 2 hours of Overwatch per day at most and I just hit 110.

I can understand that an account could be shared with others, but that's not everybody for sure.

I don't work most of the week, and I pretty much have nothing to do all day, so I play a lot of Overwatch. I'm currently at 170 and a bunch of people I play with are over 200. As far as I know, most of them have less free time than I do. Also, I'd say 1-2 hours a day is actually unusually low for a game like this, but maybe that's just me.

So yeah, nothing insane about it really. It just depends on how much free time you have and how you choose to spend that time.

I'm already pre-sad because I know he will get nerfed sooner or later. Current McCree is the most fun I've had in Overwatch yet.
I doubt he will get a nerf on console because of how much harder it is to aim, so he's not as big of an issue. I can see where the issue comes into play on PC though. But yeah, I've always loved McCree, but I'm really starting to click with him and am having a blast with him. So far, Dva, Zen, and McCree have been my most played since the patch so I guess that's a good sign that they did a good job at making them more competitive.

Two comp matches agains teams ranked 20+ above my team. I know going with a near-full group can mess the matchmaking, but damn.
The matches were quick and the rank loss milimetric, so there's that.

Also, saw a level 596 this morning. Portrait with 5 stars looks pretty nice.

This happened to our group like 7 times in one night one time. Most of them were against the same team even.

It went about as well as you would expect every time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That feel when you gave the genji a potg with quintuple kill boost as well as denying the zen counter ult with biotic grenade but get no kudos. :(

They really should have a joint potg.

Going bananas with Winston on CP levels is so much fun. He's just become my second CP main after Reaper. He totally wrecks characters with <= 250hp. Also so much fun when they think they've finally killed you, but then you activate your ultimate, haha. I need to better learn to do jump kills though.

7cf7f6c68e9931f53eb8e445caf6940b.png

khaaan

Is there a good way to find a competitive group to play with?

I've tried playing with randoms and usually it's been fine but more recently I've noticed a plague of rage quitters and people with a real lack of communication ability. Regardless of whether they're right or wrong it feels like the only way something can be said is with a huge dose of rage and salt. It was funny at first but it got old real quick.

Veelk

Banned
When a match closes because of a server error, all players should be rewarded with points. For fucks sake, I had a loss streak and was finally getting a victory, and when we were about to cap the final point, that's when the game decides to glitch out? Come on....

Good example how much your team quality matters if he really is rank 92. Though I have to admit playing Genji is not easy on consoles.

Aiming is hard for sure, but it's even harder for others to hit you if you are always jumping around (as you should). I love playing Genji, but as it is I can't use him at his full potential because of the controller, since I don't use "fan of blades" (L2 is for jumping L1 deflect R1 swift strike). Already tried a lot of buttons configurations, but none felt intuitive. Shame there isn't an official controller like the Elite for PS4 with paddles.

Thanks.

Havnt seen much "pro" gameplay, but he did went on some pretty impressive streaks imo. Atleast when taking in to account he is playing with a controller.

is it easy to see that he is not on kbm btw? When comparing him to the best players on pc?

Hard to compare since on PC the game is much faster. For example it's just crazy seeing Seagull playing Genji.

And it's easy to see that he is playing on console because of the accuracy in certain situations.

Edit: On another subject, I've been seeing so many D.Va's POTG lol. That second makes all the difference. Really have to try that character.

Antiwhippy

God discord is so hilariously broken.

Just stopped a final push at numbani just from discording fools and racking up kill assists. It just completely wrecks the other team 1 v 1 your team.

Also love ulting to stop fucking dragonblades. At least there was no ana's on the other team. ^_^

God discord is so hilariously broken.

Just stopped a final push at numbani just from discording fools and racking up kill assists. It just completely wrecks the other team 1 v 1 your team.

Also love ulting to stop fucking dragonblades. At least there was no ana's on the other team. ^_^

Yeah, I've been playing a bit more Zenny than Lucio, it's crazy how viable he is now. It's also great to be able to snipe the characters my team ignores, like the rogue Pharah or Winston.

Got a sweet quintuple kill with D.Va on Hanamura B, but POTG cuts off right before I actually do it. Hate when that happens. Thing just showed me boosting out of spawn.

Been climbing on Overbuff with her though. I'm #162 rn :) D.Va buff is so awesome.

Kito

I mainly hope for a better Genji costume. I don't like any of the base alts, nor the legendaries. I like the rare coloring, but they don't change his slash effect or dragon color with them, and the dissonance bugs me.

I don't use Genji, but I recall seeing a blue Dragonblade (Carbon skin) on stream.

MGrant

Going bananas with Winston on CP levels is so much fun. He's just become my second CP main after Reaper. He totally wrecks characters with <= 250hp. Also so much fun when they think they've finally killed you, but then you activate your ultimate, haha. I need to better learn to do jump kills though.

Yeah. If the enemy team doesn't have a Reaper for some reason, like in the match I just played, you can just clown on them all day as Winston. I was pushing five of their team members back to spawn with my ult because they simply couldn't put out enough damage to stop me.

Antiwhippy

I did it boys.

I broke my season high.

I broke through 50.

I'd like to thank my boy and girl zenyetta and Dva. I knew all those hours I put into you during quick play would not go wasted. I knew my faith would be rewarded.

Also I still see an alarming amount of people switching to winston the moment I wreck their first tank pick as zen. Like, do you just want to feed me?

AngryMoth

Something I don't get about D.Va is why sometimes I'll use self destruct, get zero kills but then instantly have my ult so I can suit up again. Why is that?

Antiwhippy

Mei fun fact #9: You know what, just....just fuck Mei. Just fuck her.

Leave that for the fanart thread. ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Also here are my wishlists for future zen balances:

- able to discord while holding RMB
- zarya bubble and mei cryo does not dispel discord.
- extend discord's effects when out of LoS to 6 seconds.
- able to go through rein's and winston's shields
- health is all shield

Arrrammis

Something I don't get about D.Va is why sometimes I'll use self destruct, get zero kills but then instantly have my ult so I can suit up again. Why is that?

That's just part of the ult. If you self-destruct, you can go back in to your mech right away, regardless of whether or not you get any kills.

abundant

You always get a free recall whenever you drop the D.Va Bomb. They do it because her ult isn't just about getting kills, it's also about getting people off of a point.

Veelk

Banned
Fuck.....yeah, okay, this is exactly what I knew would be coming in Ranked.

I got pissed at games in QP, but it's much more intense here, and the penalty for failure much worse. I know it's just a game, but when we essentially helpless because of the enemy team, it's just infuriating.

Bring back goddamn Mobawatch with the ability to swap heroes, and I'll never ask for anything from this game again.

Veelk

Banned
Leave that for the fanart thread. ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Also here are my wishlists for future zen balances:

- able to discord while holding RMB
- zarya bubble and mei cryo does not dispel discord.
- extend discord's effects when out of LoS to 6 seconds.
- able to go through rein's and winston's shields
- health is all shield

No, seriously, just delete her character.

Or atleast remove her regen ability in her icicle. It is just flat out fucking obnoxiously stupid.

Soulflarz

Banned
quick play seems to be for practice

Basically, it's so if you want to learn a character you can test them before comp. I mean you can use it for fun but a lot of teams are

Lol. Mei is one of the worst heroes on the game. She's just annoying, but that's no reason to destroy her.

Yep. She was solely picked in a tournament as a troll pick because Team Envyus is so good- the second best team is so far behind them they can troll pick, it's ridiculous.

I have never seen a more cancerous community then the battle.net forums community

It's like Reddit on steroids

Rocket League
League of Legends

But yes the community over there is bad, especially those stuck in what they believe is ELO hell, even if it isn't.

Jarate

Banned
Rocket League is pretty cancerous as a game base, but ive never experienced their official forums, just the reddit, which I only went to once

LoL im sure is a cancerous blight to society

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm guessing the internal testers are just not that good at aiming or else they might've caught McCree.

Maybe they should turn on aimbots to simulate pro player mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom