• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Is Mei the devil?

Depends on which one your talking about, but my money is on Dante's. You know, with the ice theme and all. It's also the point of the poem that he's a flailing figure whose struggling to rejoin the heavenly circle but is in actuality just making everyone around him cold and miserable. That's about right, yeah.

Jarate

Banned
McCree is just the best sniper, there's nothing wrong with having a character that relies on precise aiming being heavily used for comp play

Owzers

I can't admit defeat on Mccree, but when the match is almost over and I only have 4 kills ( managed to get a mighty 7 and silver medal? somehow ), aiming gets the best of me.

Nudull

Banned
McCree is just the best sniper, there's nothing wrong with having a character that relies on precise aiming being heavily used for comp play

McCree didn't really work for me as a sniper, but then again, I've been kind of awkward playing as him.

xaosslug

ya kno, it was far easier compensating for a lack of group dynamic/coordination/support in pub matches b4 the Torb nerf. Esp. on control maps. u__u

Dva is a legit as fuck tank. I love being able to stop Mcree, Pharah, Roadhog, and Zarya ults in their tracks.

it's amazing swallowing Roadhog/Pharah's ult when you are caught in Zarya's... SURPRISE, MOFO! xD

Soulflarz

Banned
Game just feels wrong since the patch. Zenyatta and Genji aren't as reliable as they used to be, McCree is back and Tracer becomes increasingly dominant.

Huh

Zen is the best. Zenyatta has nullified any argument you could have for using mercy besides 'I don't want to learn Zen and mercy is easy' because Zen is so good at the moment. The only safer pick to help your team win is Lucio.

xaosslug

Game just feels wrong since the patch. Zenyatta and Genji aren't as reliable as they used to be, McCree is back and Tracer becomes increasingly dominant.

really? I feel like it's a lot less difficult to be 'decent' as Zenyatta, now. His survivability bump is insane. A good Zen on a team w/ a Torb & Symm continues to be a nightmare.

and Tracer & McCree continue to annoy. -__-

Soulflarz

Banned
Lucio>Zen

But really who cares if you have both on your team no tank should scare you and no one should kill you easy it's just an OP team atm that puts any other support comp to shame

Soulflarz

Banned
They're all very different. It totally depends on player preference/skill and what your team mates are playing.

Not really, mercy is actively worse at the moment, she doesn't heal too much more and zens debuff on their team+damage means he's going to be stopping their damage output faster. It doesn't matter if they can heal a bit more if the extra DPS leads to you team wiping them over and over.

We held a team in their spawn at payload till the last minute yesterday. As in it didn't move an inch until then.

Apathy

Thank god a mccree fix might be incoming. Blizzard really needs to listen to people otherwise there is no point of having a PTR. You might as well just not have a PTR and just release patches. WE told them McCree was broken, naw don't worry, our internal testers say hes fine. yeah, fine if you have a low headshot percentage.

Edit: geeze what are you people playing that Mei is your biggest complain. Shes like garbage tier right now. If you are losing to a mei, the problem is not the character.

darkwing

Thank god a mccree fix might be incoming. Blizzard really needs to listen to people otherwise there is no point of having a PTR. You might as well just not have a PTR and just release patches. WE told them McCree was broken, naw don't worry, our internal testers say hes fine. yeah, fine if you have a low headshot percentage.

Edit: geeze what are you people playing that Mei is your biggest complain. Shes like garbage tier right now. If you are losing to a mei, the problem is not the character.

pretty hard to hit a jumping rabbit on the console

xaosslug

Poor McCree. No rest for him.

what happens when you're kinda boring in general and up against cyborg ninja, mecha suits, and characters that can rewind time... they gotta make you OP so you are played, but in the end things come back around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nudull

Banned

I do have to say that I don't quite understand the Mei hate. She's pretty easy to manuver around. :p

Defuser

I swear Blizzard don't know what to do with McCree.

Blizzard should just reduce his mid range damage to to 45 - 50 dmg. So it will take 1 to 2 extra shots to kill offense/defence characters and a shitload to kill tanks. And his FTH do a decremental damage per shot totalling 210 and maybe tigthen his FTH spread.

He will be decent with mid and close without being op.

Apathy

I swear Blizzard don't know what to do with McCree.

Blizzard should just reduce his mid range damage to to 45 - 50 dmg. So it will take 1 to 2 extra shots to kill offense/defence characters and a shitload to kill tanks. And his FTH do a decremental damage per shot totalling 210 and maybe tigthen his FTH spread.

He will be decent with mid and close without being op.

0-30m - 70 damage
31- 45m - 45 (or 50) damage
45m+ - 35 damage

Buff FTH to be 50 per bullet instead of 45. There, balanced. FTH will be used again, hes no longer a sniper and his damage is what it should be at respective intervals.

Davidion

I do have to say that I don't quite understand the Mei hate. She's pretty easy to manuver around. :p

Combination of a few things, I guess.

• Better-than-average survivability
  • Super frustrating to be on receiving end of freezing/wall mechanics
  • Contrasting cheery demeanor
  • Weapons and survivability extra potent against console aiming

I don't think she's so bad on the PC. She has good days and bad days; but the really good Mei players aren't much of anything without good teamwork.

Pooya

I think I saw my first blatant hacker, this widow was turning instantly on an axis and snap like a torbjorn turret as soon as I came out of a corner without ult up or anyone around for instant scoped headshot. Like there is no way it was legit. and it happened again and again.

Anne

Yeah, just a heads up somebody tossed me some stuff to show that there are a couple of common hacks out there right now. They should be really blatant when you come across them, they seem to be mostly color based aimbots.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
I love Mei, especially when you ice block and then have 4 enemies staring and waiting for you to melt. Then pop a wall and escape.

Let the anger ensue.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.....

xaosslug

Combination of a few things, I guess.

• Better-than-average survivability
  • Super frustrating to be on receiving end of freezing/wall mechanics
  • Contrasting cheery demeanor
  • Weapons and survivability extra potent against console aiming

I don't think she's so bad on the PC. She has good days and bad days; but the really good Mei players aren't much of anything without good teamwork.

i think it's that she can self-heal/protect herself in a block of ice when a vengeful opponent comes back on her. If she didn't have that I don't think peeps would be as bothered.

I love new McCree but I don't think he's OP, except for the fact that tanks charge his ult like crazy. Make Dead Eye charge 30% slower and he'd be fine.

He's in a group with:
Tracer
Genji
Reaper
Pharrah

He's not significantly better or worse than any of those, and now finally has a niche of his own.

If anything defense heroes just need a buff across the board.

I love Mei, especially when you ice block and then have 4 enemies staring and waiting for you to melt. Then pop a wall and escape.

Let the anger ensue.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.....

I had the best PotG last night when I was playing with Ramirez.

We were defending on Volskaya, and 3 of the enemy were trying to sneak through that small hallway to the left of the B point. They saw us come around the corner and went to back up. So I put an icewall up behind them so they were literally at a dead end. Then I threw a blizzard right in the middle of the hallway.

Got myself a nice triple kill from a Zarya, DVa(Pilot), and I think a Torb. After the blizzard died down, a McCree was on the other side of the Icewall, and we went and picked him off too.

It's moments like that, it just makes you feel soooooo fucking good about yourself.

Anne

I love new McCree but I don't think he's OP, except for the fact that tanks charge his ult like crazy. Make Dead Eye charge 30% slower and he'd be fine.

He's in a group with:
Tracer
Genji
Reaper
Pharrah

He's not significantly better or worse than any of those, and now finally has a niche of his own.

If anything defense heroes just need a buff across the board.

He's a bit too good for reasons that mostly pertain to how the meta works with hitscan based heroes. The long and short of it is if he has the best hitscan DPS at all ranges he will be autopick status.

I think if they adjust how his drop off functions a bit then he can be just fine. The sloped way they have it now is just too static.

peakish

Seems US Battle.net is largely down. Wasn't there talk of some planned attack a while ago or am I confusing it with some other targeted service?

Ramirez

I had the best PotG last night when I was playing with Ramirez.

We were defending on Volskaya, and 3 of the enemy were trying to sneak through that small hallway to the left of the B point. They saw us come around the corner and went to back up. So I put an icewall up behind them so they were literally at a dead end. Then I threw a blizzard right in the middle of the hallway.

Got myself a nice triple kill from a Zarya, DVa(Pilot), and I think a Torb. After the blizzard died down, a McCree was on the other side of the Icewall, and we went and picked him off too.

It's moments like that, it just makes you feel soooooo fucking good about yourself.

Yea, that was probably the best Mei play I've ever seen on PS4, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom