• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game should have a stat for "how much ultimate charge the opposing team got off of you." I swear, some people have literally no idea how much they're feeding in this game. Maybe if they got some feedback on how much ultimate charge they're giving away for free they might understand how much they're adding to the snowball.

The game should have a stat for "how much ultimate charge the opposing team got off of you." I swear, some people have literally no idea how much they're feeding in this game. Maybe if they got some feedback on how much ultimate charge they're giving away for free they might understand how much they're adding to the snowball.

Damage taken would make more sense especially since it varies per ultimate.

Roubjon

I love it when I can just keep shooting a Roadhog in the face as D.Va as he inhales that Powerade. Yesterday there was a match where I literally stood on the 2nd Anubis point as D.Va with my team and got my Ult 3 times until we won.

ekim

You know you had a great team when:

rsz_tracer.jpg
Code:
Not Found

The requested URL /images/rsz_tracer.jpg was not found on this server.

Ramirez

Why, so people can be even more toxic than they already are?

There's nothing positive that can come from letting people "see if their team was shit"

I don't care if people are toxic, I don't voice chat with randoms. Had a guy message me "go fuck yourself" last night, lol.

If every other major FPS can do it, I don't see why I can't get the option.

Mendrox

I love it when I can just keep shooting a Roadhog in the face as D.Va as he inhales that Powerade. Yesterday there was a match where I literally stood on the 2nd Anubis point as D.Va with my team and got my Ult 3 times until we won.

I started calling them Roadfeed for my D.Va

Had an epic save in a comp match last night - Overtime on Numbani attack, my entire team died and I spent a good 20-30 seconds on the payload as Tracer ducking and dodging the entire enemy team to keep Overtime going until my team showed back up and we managed to take down the other team together and push the payload the last few meters.

We still ended up losing because sudden death is bullshit, but it felt good to force it.

I think that would definitely be useful. I know Blizzard is against doing anything but medals, but I would like to see something about how my teammates did, too, beyond the cards. Just so I know whether my perception of "I was kickin ass this match" is correct or not.

Ana's actually kinda good now. It's so much easier to spam heals now; I feel like I can be a somewhat effective healer with her, whereas before it was really difficult to keep up with the chaos.

No_Style

Wouldn't that discourage people from using tanks or the squishy heroes?

Tanks should avoid needlessly taking damage but sometimes it cannot be helped as a tank because they're in the thick of it with a Mercy healing them.

As for minimizing ultimate charge off deaths, spawn times should be enough of a deterrent.

I feel the only way to minimize the amount of deaths or damaged received would be to play a mobile character like Genji or Pharah.

Mutombo

I think there's room for both and it ultimately comes down to your personal approach.

I see a decent number of people in here meticulously updating their growth and losses of Comp rank. It's a great thing, because it lets the game get its hooks in deeper for the people that need that sort of edge to the game. With shit on the line, man. I like playing Comp when I'm interested in the "trim the fat" approach to the game. Everything seems more fine tuned, even playing with randoms, when playing Comp.

But I'm only in the mood periodically. I'm too much of a frazzled fucking mess of a human right now in my real life to be meticulous in Overwatch, so I really like the fact that, most days, I can resign myself to be happy with hopping in a game just so I can cheerslovecheerslovecheerslovecheerslovecheerslove while bopping around trying to get last hits on people.

I am equally impressed and unimpressed with peoples' stats. I have become one with Overwatch.

I like this. I also like that on masteroverwatch it says: I'm at the top 80% of players.

Thanks Overwatch.

I don't care if people are toxic, I don't voice chat with randoms. Had a guy message me "go fuck yourself" last night, lol.

I counter-picked a team with a Reaper, who I only have like a handful of hours with. I got a message that said, and I quote, "reaper playing pussy, kill yourself faggot."

With regards to community toxicity, we are at a serious advantage by playing on console. It's not real time, so you don't get the spewing all match. It's too clunky to do that through PSN and play at the same time so you get these one-off bullshit comments from extra salty people, since most of the time moderate-sodium levels will cause someone to say fuck it instead of going through the hassle of sending a message.

And yeah, I reported the shit out of that guy. I don't mind someone getting angry or talking shit to me at all, but I have no time for things like racism or homophobia.

You might not care, but other people do. Toxicity is a heavy deterrent for attracting new players.

DrArchon

Ana's actually kinda good now. It's so much easier to spam heals now; I feel like I can be a somewhat effective healer with her, whereas before it was really difficult to keep up with the chaos.

I still wouldn't pick Ana as the solo healer, but on my first go around with her (which I found out later was after she got buffed) I was impressed with just how much you can heal with her, even with my shitty aim. She's easily the best at keeping tanks alive for extended periods of time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
0 - 2 today, first game my team were frankly terrible and couldn't take a point even after I killed 4 of the enemy team, the second game our Junkrat (why are you picking such a shit tier hero in comp to begin with) starts flaming within 5 seconds of the game, I shit you not, this kid was going off for no reason at all, he even dropped some "mom" insults like a true 12 year old. Easy mute and report but it still cost me 50% of my rank. Hoping for better luck in the team mate RNG lotto now :/

Apathy

People are just bad. Little tip that seagull keeps giving his stream, when healing with hog, turn your back to the opponents. Yes it sends counter productive but they won't get headshots

Ramirez

You might not care, but other people do. Toxicity is a heavy deterrent for attracting new players.

Toxicity is going to happen with or without a scoreboard.

So because of some shit bag that's going to type out an insult with or without proof, I get less options?

Coming off of Halo 5, this game is lacking in so many areas in its competitive presentation. That game had insanely detailed post game stats, and I got maybe 5 messages in 2K+ games.

Whatever I guess.

While her super feels overpowered still, everything else about her is pretty lackluster. Even the best players are struggling to get a single bronze medal.

Edit: Was. I haven't played her with the buff, yet.

What does the buff do? Is it on pc and console? Haven't been following this thread much sorry.

What does the buff do? Is it on pc and console? Haven't been following this thread much sorry.

Clip size increased from 8 to 10, and fire rate increased so that she can fire all 10 of those shots in the same time as she could fire 8 before.

Additionally, there is a 0.5 second "wake-up" time on recovery from being hit with the sleep dart. This was classified as a "bug fix" and not a buff, but it functions as though it was a buff.

Clip size increased from 8 to 10, and fire rate increased so that she can fire all 10 of those shots in the same time as she could fire 8 before.

Additionally, there is a 0.5 second "wake-up" time on recovery from being hit with the sleep dart. This was classified as a "bug fix" and not a buff, but it functions as though it was a buff.

Hmmm. That sounds interesting. I'll definitely try her out later

DrArchon

When does the PS4 usually get patches? I really wanna try out the Ana buff. :)

If they decide to buff Ana on console as well, they'll probably wait until they have enough other balance changes to roll them all together into one large update, just because updating all the time and dealing with cert for every little thing must be incredibly annoying.

So probably not for a while if I had to guess.

Trickster

While her super feels overpowered still, everything else about her is pretty lackluster. Even the best players are struggling to get a single bronze medal.

Edit: Was. I haven't played her with the buff, yet.

Struggling to get bronze medal in what category exactly? She can heal just fine, maybe not quite the same levels as mercy or lucio, but she's not as dedicated of a healer as either of those so that's not really surprising. Still though, she should at least have silver in healing every game.

She really doesn't need this buff imo. Her gun heals fine, her grenade is awesome burst healing, and even damages and makes an enemy unable to heal for a while. Her CC, while easily broken, is still very good. And her ult is completely broken when used on the right heroes ( and she bults ult so fucking fast too, like holy shit ).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
0 - 2 today, first game my team were frankly terrible and couldn't take a point even after I killed 4 of the enemy team, the second game our Junkrat (why are you picking such a shit tier hero in comp to begin with) starts flaming within 5 seconds of the game, I shit you not, this kid was going off for no reason at all, he even dropped some "mom" insults like a true 12 year old. Easy mute and report but it still cost me 50% of my rank. Hoping for better luck in the team mate RNG lotto now :/

Nope, lost again, fucking done with the game for today, lost 2 ranks through no fault of my own, just can't carry people this bad. Their picks just make no sense at all, always low tier shit that doesn't counter what the enemy team has, or the players that are hard carrying.

brian!

Struggling to get bronze medal in what category exactly? She can heal just fine, maybe not quite the same levels as mercy or lucio, but she's not as dedicated of a healer as either of those so that's not really surprising. Still though, she should at least have silver in healing every game.

She really doesn't need this buff imo. Her gun heals fine, her grenade is awesome burst healing, and even damages and makes an enemy unable to heal for a while. Her CC, while easily broken, is still very good. And her ult is completely broken when used on the right heroes ( and she bults ult so fucking fast too, like holy shit ).

Yeah this buff was kinda out of nowhere for me (but welcome tho, im enjoying shooting nonstop), it's likely that internal #s indicated that ppl were doing prtty poorly with her but it feels like ppl didnt really get a chance to get used to her or her kit. Like she has pretty niche use, i worry about her being altered towards more general use

Trickster

Yeah this buff was kinda out of nowhere for me (but welcome tho, im enjoying shooting nonstop), it's likely that internal #s indicated that ppl were doing prtty poorly with her but it feels like ppl didnt really get a chance to get used to her or her kit.

Yeah my hypothesis is that this buff is aimed at people who can't really use her because she requires the most aiming to do her job among the healer. All the other healer hardly require you do aim at all to do healing. Ana actually requires you do aim decently to be effective.

meshwork

Toxicity is going to happen with or without a scoreboard.

So because of some shit bag that's going to type out an insult with or without proof, I get less options?

Coming off of Halo 5, this game is lacking in so many areas in its competitive presentation. That game had insanely detailed post game stats, and I got maybe 5 messages in 2K+ games.

Whatever I guess.

The point is that a detailed stats screen would make these people rage more and type more insults. I understand it might be different on console where it's just easier to rage quit a game than start typing out messages to random users, but trust me, on PC the salt is real. Real keyboard warriors can type out multiple sentence abuse messages while waiting to respawn, and I do not want them to spend that time looking at detailed stats that provide them with extra salt because they see that one Mei on the team only having 2 kills (if the scoreboard always showed more info).

I feel like the personal stats and medals to indicate your relative rank in that category within your team is more than enough to gauge your usefulness and provide feedback for improvement. If you see you got gold medals in several categories, why exactly does it matter who got silver or who got none?

I would also argue that I'd enjoy games like Battlefield 4 a whole lot more if they removed K/D from the scoreboard and kept that as a separate menu stat. Just because people going for kills and not objectives is a huge problem in that game. That's not a mentality I want to see more of in Overwatch and detailed stats/scoreboard would definitely have that effect to some extent.

DrArchon

Dumb question: does that work? Oh I guess it's a projectile before it goes off lol. I wonder if you can DM Mei's ult then?

Saw a D.Va hold her matrix around a Death Blossom the other day, it was awesome.

I would assume it would work on Mei's ult. I mean, if Genji can reflect it then D.Va should absorb it, right?

Eating ults with D.Va is one of the best feelings in the game. It's so sick when you cancel out Zarya's ult or Hanzo's.

Generally, new characters have <50% win rates on release or they're probably overpowered. At least, that's my experience from League of Legends. Hopefully Blizzard will be more careful about reactionary balancing as they get used to it.

But I think the sleeping dart fix was necessary in terms of making it rewarding to use. Before, you could put a character to sleep and then people like Mei pop over and instantly free the enemy without doing damage. It was dumb and unsatisfying when you're wasting a high cooldown, hard to hit spell. It also lead to too many situations where Ana is actually punished for hitting a sleeping target because they instantly wake up with minimal damage.
I'm neutral on the rifle changes. Personally, I thought she could use a (very) tiny buff to damage but I'm not complaining :)

Doesn't change a thing for me though, because I just boost into people to confuse them (their position change) and then I am go for the head till I win (and punch them too death too) or I get fucked out of my Mecha and the real Dva starts.

Only Zarya is a big problem and Mei is just fucking annoying if I don't have my boost at the moment. I am getting 50 kills per game on average.

Edit: Also burning through Defense Matrix? Lol.

Against Pharah -> See incoming Rocket -> Use Defense Matrix with one click -> Block -> Repeat
Against Hanzoh -> Dito
Against Soldier Ulti -> Defense Matrix for a second or two -> Boost away -> use it again and fuck him up
Against Junkrat -> Boost into him with the Matrix, maybe get caught in the trap -> Defense Matrix -> Fuck him up
Etc.

Only Zarya is fucking annoying with her fire and shield.

It works against Zarya too. I just boost into them, headshot them. Done. If you miss the headshots just boost again and you'll kill them. She's helpless at that range. Even if Zarya surprises me I just boost away or do enough damage that I'll still kill her with mechless D.Va most of the time lol

Also putting to sleep a Genji who just used his ultimate as Ana. So satisfying.
Hooking them and putting 20 shotgun pellets in their face.

Sogood.gif

Fixing the Roadhog hook is the bane of Tracer Genji and Lucio. Those three were consistently getting pulled to the side and surviving. Now they NEVER get away.

Even Reapers are dying at like an 80% rate now. There was a 72 Reaper in my game yesterday and I was ruining his day. Killed him so many times. When he finally got me he started teabagging with great gusto.

And I think people are finally catching on. Hog the God seems to be in every game now. I'm gonna be so bummed if they nerf him. :(

Hog just gets his shit wrecked by Zenyatta though.
A discord orb can definitely ruin his day. Plus I don't think people (including me) are always conscience of just how much ult charge you are feeding the enemy.

Hopefully Blizzard realizes this and doesn't give in to the whining of thousands of crappy Genji mains who keep getting destroyed.

I hate having a Roadhog on my team. So many ults inbound.

Still a problem with D.Va, too.

Damn Dvas are fucking everywhere in quick play. What's the best Dva counter?
Zarya's left click.

But honestly, they gave D.Va too much when they buffed her. At least make her die to her own explosion again. It's nonsensical that she doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom