• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ana's kit is really good. Her healing was good, too, even before the buff. The only downside to her as a support in my opinion is that her effectiveness is dependent on your aim. The other supports, not so much.

Sleep dart is hilarious sometimes.

RNG certainly plays a huge part in winning or losing. I'm just saying that trying to work with your team can help mitigate some of that and hopefully increase the chance of victory.

This is of course if you play solo as I do. Pre-made team would be another option.

the RNG is close to 100% the determining factor in whether you win or lose when queuing solo. the competitive mode in this game is an absolute joke if you arent on a premade team

Ayumi

tumblr_oas2vlBFYf1vq5v6do2_540.gif

tumblr_oas2vlBFYf1vq5v6do1_540.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Doesn't change a thing for me though, because I just boost into people to confuse them (their position change) and then I am go for the head till I win (and punch them too death too) or I get fucked out of my Mecha and the real Dva starts.

Only Zarya is a big problem and Mei is just fucking annoying if I don't have my boost at the moment. I am getting 50 kills per game on average.

Edit: Also burning through Defense Matrix? Lol.

Against Pharah -> See incoming Rocket -> Use Defense Matrix with one click -> Block -> Repeat
Against Hanzoh -> Dito
Against Soldier Ulti -> Defense Matrix for a second or two -> Boost away -> use it again and fuck him up
Against Junkrat -> Boost into him with the Matrix, maybe get caught in the trap -> Defense Matrix -> Fuck him up
Etc.

Only Zarya is fucking annoying with her fire and shield.

See, I've been pretty divided on how much to spend on actually tanking vs being the flanker she was. On ranked my elims aren't amazing but I'm like the top 1% in damage blocked. :p

She's so good at tanking.

She's a seriously amazing flex tank now.

Weird. If I'm the only healer even with a roadhog I'll get gold.

Not I.

Not. I.

Granted, the Roadhog was the MVP and I was buffing him. But that would never happen to any of the other healers. Which is why I think she's best in double support. The buffs might change that, but when I saw her it was a good opportunity to get my Zen out the garage.

Antiwhippy

Not I.

Not. I.

Granted, the Roadhog was the MVP and I was buffing him. But that would never happen to any of the other healers. Which is why I think she's best in double support. The buffs might change that, but when I saw her it was a good opportunity to get my Zen out the garage.

The thing is, even with roadhog healing himself ana is a pretty great asset. Tag him with a biotic grenade when he's near death and 1 vape = full health and 30% ult charge or something ridiculous like that.

D.Va is to tanking what Zenyatta is to healing.

Pretty good but still something best done with someone else?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck these Comp leavers. I wish they were temp banned for a day when they do that.

I swear I see you mention this often, what rank are you? Touch wood and whistle I've never had anyone leave on my team in a competitive game, I know it happens obviously but as I said, not yet for me.

Mendrox

See, I've been pretty divided on how much to spend on actually tanking vs being the flanker she was. On ranked my elims aren't amazing but I'm like the top 1% in damage blocked. :p

She's so good at tanking.

She's a seriously amazing flex tank now.

On KOTH I hold the enemy team at their spawn alone. Often times it just works and if I die I at least killed their healer again.

Antiwhippy

On KOTH I hold the enemy team at their spawn alone. Often times it just works and if I die I at least killed their healer again.

I feel like you're playing against some pretty bad teams than honestly, because if a dva does that I'll switch to roadhog and hook her to force her away.

Ventus182

Neo Member
So yesterday I finally decided to go back at playing D.va. She got so much better after the buff!

I played 5 matches, all gold medals, 3.10 KD Ratio, record on Objective Time, all is good! Except, I lost every single match. All 5 of them.

I'm hoping it was just yesterday and not the fact that I used D.va and she is cursed with me or something, I really like playing with her.

Veelk

Banned
I think this week's weekly brawl is the best one that isn't Mobawatch. It basically turns the game into a Team Deathmatch since all 3 characters are just offensive oriented characters, so we don't have to worry about healing, or protecting our teammates, or surviving the capture the point or whatever. It's all about who kills who fastest and most ruthlessly. It simplifies Overwatch significantly from the complex and nuanced game it is, but sometimes all you want is a nice TDM. If that's what they're going to do, I just wish they included the other offense oriented characters so I could also practice with Tracer.

Edit: Like, don't get me wrong. It's laughably broken. A competent teams ability to hold down a checkpoint is severely outweighed by a teams ability to take it. It's stupid as all hell. But it's better than an all support brawl or some other stupid bullshit. Marginally.

Thank you for that.

I needed that in my life.

Thank you.

_Legacy_

Fuck these Comp leavers. I wish they were temp banned for a day when they do that.

I agree, we had a crappy Hanzo player leave the other day and still just about beat the other team despite losing the first control match. We came back 3-2 and my friend messaged the leaver to find out why he left, I quote, "I gave up, lol". People like this shouldn't be playing ranked games, if a certain character isn't working for you, switch. If you can't play more than one character, GTFO of ranked matches, scrub.

Mendrox

I feel like you're playing against some pretty bad teams than honestly, because if a dva does that I'll switch to roadhog and hook her to force her away.

No I also get flamed to hell by private battle.net messages and sometimes I get fucked in that regard, but also Roadhog? Thank you for pulling me in then. I grab your head and smash it in. Hook? Defense Matrix immediately to tank the shots. Low on health? Boost to the nearst health pack immediately.

Roadhog is not a good counter for Dva - just yesterday I got hooked on Volskaya Industries and wrecked the team with her ultimate - Thank you!

Also funny, you can clearly see that she got buffed in my stats:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Mendrox-2795/heroes/22

ramyeon

Estimated wait time to find a match is 15 seconds but I've been waiting 4 minutes... what the hell is going on with matchmaking these past few days?

Antiwhippy

No I also get flamed to hell by private battle.net messages and sometimes I get fucked in that regard, but also Roadhog? Thank you for pulling me in then. I grab your head and smash it in. Hook? Defense Matrix immediately to tank the shots. Low on health? Boost to the nearst health pack immediately.

Roadhog is not a good counter for Dva - just yesterday I got hooked on Volskaya Industries and wrecked the team with her ultimate - Thank you!

You can't defense matrix the first shot. Literally impossible unless the roadhog is really bad and slow.

Also yeah, i actually agree that he's not a great counter because in that range the dva might be actually able to out dps him due to all that armor, but I'm talking about the scenario of you spawn camping them by yourself. A team that can get spawn camped is just bad period.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You can't defense matrix the first shot. Literally impossible unless the roadhog is really bad and slow.

Also yeah, i actually agree that he's not a great counter because in that range the dva might be actually able to out dps him due to all that armor, but I'm talking about the surviving scenario of you spawn camping them by yourself. A team that can get spawn camped is just bad period.

You can with ability queuing if he doesn't do it.

LiK

Hanamura in Comp is a living hell. Keep switching sides...

5v6 and we got into Sudden Death. Impossible to attack and capture in such a short amount of time with less one dude. Sigh.

Mendrox

I said unless he's bad and slow.

Welp doesn't matter, because they often miss or are too slow. Even if they hit me once, they won't hit me twice and I can get too safety and just stock myself with a health pack. Roadhog is good for getting my ultimate though. I love playing against Reinhardt or Roadhog.

Antiwhippy

Welp doesn't matter, because they often miss or are too slow. Even if they hit me once, they won't hit me twice and I can get too safety and just stock myself with a health pack. Roadhog is good for getting my ultimate though. I love playing against Reinhardt or Roadhog.

Oh you won't get me to disagree that dva can match against roadhog, it's just that his hook it's one of the few stuns in the game that ignores defense matrix, and during that stun time, the team getting spawn camped should have plenty of time to wear her down.

Hell, the other day i held out against her pretty well against reinhardt. Yes, normally she should out dps him. Not with discord though. Discord just makes attacking as any tank super risky.

LiK

3 Comp matches in a row where one person leaves or gets disconnected. 54 is truly hell. Back down to 53 again. Gonna just wait and play with Kor or MarioHead. Reliable Gaffers who always invite me.

Mendrox

Oh you won't get me to disagree that dva can match against roadhog, it's just that his hook it's one of the few stuns in the game that ignores defense matrix, and during that stun time, the team getting spawn camped should have plenty of time to wear her down.

Hell, the other day i held out against her pretty well against reinhardt. Yes, normally she should out dps him. Not with discord though. Discord just makes attacking as any tank super risky.

Discord is no problemo because I always go for the healers first. Always saves the match.

Problem is, I won't touch Lucio. There is just zero about him that's interesting to me. Far and away I enjoy healing the most in games like this, but I'd rather go any other class than play him.

May I inquire what exactly turns you off of him? Not that I wanna yell at you or anything, but it interests me, since it seems like Lucio is generally considered to be one of the more fun support heroes to play.
Is it that his heal is passive, rather than actually targeting someone?

Ramirez

Eh, I'm starting to think that thinking getting gold medals means that you're carrying a team isn't the right way to go about it. Often I'll get silvers and see that I'm not really that far off the gold guys.

If Blizzard would implement a post game stats screen, people could actually see if their team was shit, but nah...who wants detailed stats?!

LiK

May I inquire what exactly turns you off of him? Not that I wanna yell at you or anything, but it interests me, since it seems like Lucio is generally considered to be one of the more fun support heroes to play.
Is it that his heal is passive, rather than actually targeting someone?

I'm guessing you hit it on the head. Maybe he likes active targeted healing over a passive AOE.

If Blizzard would implement a post game stats screen, people could actually see if their team was shit, but nah...who wants detailed stats?!

Not gonna lie, but sites that give you detailed stats already robbed the casual fun of this game to me. Some dudes only care about the numbers instead of just having fun. Kinda bums me out, tbh.

Ramirez

Not gonna lie, but sites that give you detailed stats already robbed the casual fun of this game to me. Some dudes only care about the numbers instead of just having fun. Kinda bums me out, tbh.

I just think the option should be there, I can't think of a single FPS on console that doesn't offer a team stats screen.

Antiwhippy

Eh whatever, I like looking up stats but I still take it as fairly casual fun.

In the end of the day, you can only control yourself.

Nudull

Banned
I do have fears about the uber-competitive side tainting the casual fun of Overwatch. Part of why I love the game so fun is how friendly, fair and enjoyable the gameplay is compared to a lot of other multiplayer-focused stuff.

jotun?

Why, so people can be even more toxic than they already are?

There's nothing positive that can come from letting people "see if their team was shit"

I do have fears about the uber-competitive side tainting the casual fun of Overwatch. Part of why I love the game so fun is how friendly, fair and enjoyable the gameplay is compared to a lot of other multiplayer-focused stuff.

I think there's room for both and it ultimately comes down to your personal approach.

I see a decent number of people in here meticulously updating their growth and losses of Comp rank. It's a great thing, because it lets the game get its hooks in deeper for the people that need that sort of edge to the game. With shit on the line, man. I like playing Comp when I'm interested in the "trim the fat" approach to the game. Everything seems more fine tuned, even playing with randoms, when playing Comp.

But I'm only in the mood periodically. I'm too much of a frazzled fucking mess of a human right now in my real life to be meticulous in Overwatch, so I really like the fact that, most days, I can resign myself to be happy with hopping in a game just so I can cheerslovecheerslovecheerslovecheerslovecheerslove while bopping around trying to get last hits on people.

I am equally impressed and unimpressed with peoples' stats. I have become one with Overwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom