• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

I would just like to reach 55 with a friend but no one wants to play Comp with me. My solo queue hell continues.

My season high is 55, but after a stretch of bad luck with randoms, I sunk down to 45. I stopped playing comp for a week, and during that time, practically everyone on my FL ranked in the high 50s/low 60s. Now I feel guilty playing comp with them.

Another dive into competitive, another loss... which is a cute term for the absolutely donkey show that my team just put on. One game away from being in the 30's. Apparently someone at Blizzard has put my gamertag on some sort of blacklist, as I cant be on a team that does ANYTHING. 5 medals, 4 gold.

I don't know what else to do. I'm getting REAL tired of being the only person who has any semblance of what to do or that of ANY skill. :/ At this point, not even looking to be on a team that gets a win, just a team that can even remotely make a game of it.

LiK

My season high is 55, but after a stretch of bad luck with randoms, I sunk down to 45. I stopped playing comp for a week, and during that time, practically everyone on my FL ranked in the high 50s/low 60s. Now I feel guilty playing comp with them.

Some guys I play with often have given up on Comp. they don't enjoy it anymore so they only play QP now.

QP is not as good now with people using it for practice mode and hero stacking. I dunno what else they can do with it,

abundant

Some guys I play with often have given up on Comp. they don't enjoy it anymore so they only play QP now.

QP is not as good now with people using it for practice mode and hero stacking. I dunno what else they can do with it,

I said it before, but I wish Blizzard would implement an Unranked Mode. All the rules of Comp without worrying about your skill rank.

Gator86

QP is not as good now with people using it for practice mode and hero stacking. I dunno what else they can do with it

QP is unplayable now, to me, at least. Just trash play, no team attention, hero stacking, constant leaving, etc. It's just practice mode with slightly less dense bots.

arimanius

The amount of damage you can take while being slept and not waking up is bullshit. Got killed 3 times as roadhog while being slept from full health.

ksan

the mmr makes no sense. we queue with a party that has a rank 60 and an unranked person. match against a team whose highest rank is like 50. we finis and the rank 60 gets nearly a full bar of xp while the rest of us get like 1/2 to 1/3rd.

this is not how an mmr system should work.

maybe he was just continuing a winning streak? you start getting pretty much a whole rank every win after 4-5 wins in a row

Soulflarz

Banned
*wins both objectives for my team when we're going to lose (norm and SD) with two crazy ults*
*gets a message from opponents saying I suck and two from teammates saying 'I love you' and 'thanks for winning both of them for us'*
feels good man

LiK

Fucking stupid random kept spamming Thanks! Emote when we were losing. Fucking annoying asshole. I kept punching him in the spawn point lol

What a crybaby.

Gator86

Damn near rank 70 and fucking assholes still refuse to switch to support or tank from attacker even after its painfully obvious they can't kill jack shit. Goddamn, this trash playerbase is infuriating sometimes.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yep 0-3 with friends killed whatever my old performance/streak/sigma modifier or whatever the hell the system uses, was probably in line to derank a full rank a match, which is a huge swing from a win a match that we had going. As for today, clutched our first match and won the second normally, gotta go win a few more later to try and get back to 75 and then hopefully push it back to a full rank up a match. For now, it's probably assuming we did way too well, I'm getting nothing a match lol, which is amusing, because I'm a lower rank than when we winstreak'd

Anyways, finally top 50 reaper on overbuff.

Prelude.

I thought I had finally left behind the shit tier of players that don't understand the basics of the game after passing 40 but I guess I just got lucky since I spent all day hovering around 46 because of unbelievably bad team comp, or people that switch out of their role midgame leaving the team with no tanks/support. I'm pretty sick of it.

They really need to figure out a better way to prevent inexperienced (both in time and characters knowledge) people to join competitive.

Also, if someone in my team is so bad at what he's doing that I take the time to check his career profile, it's always, ALWAYS someone that played Hanzo +80% of his total time.

ISOM

Another dive into competitive, another loss... which is a cute term for the absolutely donkey show that my team just put on. One game away from being in the 30's. Apparently someone at Blizzard has put my gamertag on some sort of blacklist, as I cant be on a team that does ANYTHING. 5 medals, 4 gold.

I don't know what else to do. I'm getting REAL tired of being the only person who has any semblance of what to do or that of ANY skill. :/ At this point, not even looking to be on a team that gets a win, just a team that can even remotely make a game of it.

You're in the 20s rank? I honestly didn't know they went that low. Sorry man but yeah at that low of a rank you're dealing with really useless players that will keep you from progressing even if you improve.

Nimby

Banned
This reaper combo'd off my Zarya ult and killed the entire team, winning us the game.

Thought for sure we were gonna lose.

Gator86

Holy fuck, I'm so sorry, friend. Your teammates must consist of a cat pawing at someone's controller after the owner went to work, a completely unattended controllers dropped down a hill with the bounces pressing buttons, someone who swapped all the button assignments and can't figure out the new ones, and someone letting their 3 year old play the game to see all the bright colors.

Jarate

Banned

Find people you played with who seemed to be good or work together

send them friend requests

add them to a game

Most of the friend requests Ive sent out have been answered with people wanting to group up. I havent done it in comp yet, but I don't think there will be that much.

ViviOggi

How they haven't implemented a simple draw as a band-aid solution until season 2 is beyond me. Hell they could put it in fucking team deathmatch mode for 2 minutes and it would still be better than the absolute dumpster fire that is sudden death

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like I don't mind sudden death mostly because I've won more than I've lost. :p

But yeah, no SD next season is good.

Changing the 2CP format so that it's actually enjoyable in ranked is the biggest priority for me.

The worst is someone choosing Ana and clearly doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. Then after we lose a round, they switch to someone else. Fucking knew they didn't play their best character.

This always happens. At least we usually win once they switch though :p

I feel like I don't mind sudden death mostly because I've won more than I've lost. :p

But yeah, no SD next season is good.

Changing the 2CP format so that it's actually enjoyable in ranked is the biggest priority for me.
Yeah, it's really bad. I can't believe they wanted to change Payload to give it the same system. *shivers*

Invite said you guys were in a competitive game as soon as I hit join. Gonna knock out a quick play game and try to be in for the next one!

Nudull

Banned
The worst is someone choosing Ana and clearly doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. Then after we lose a round, they switch to someone else. Fucking knew they didn't play their best character.

How so? Just shooting wildly and charging into the front like they're Soldier 76? :p

matmanx1

that literally makes no sense. the game just magically knows he's 99th percentile so it's pushing him up quickly to get there? then just place him at rank 80 to start with, rofl.

If someone, at any rank, is performing that much above the average in a particular game or set of games then the system is working as intended by giving them a lot of exp. The system is trying to get you to where you are playing "on par" with those of the same rank. Clearly the level 60 was playing far above par versus the players around him. That's the simplest explanation for it.

Stacking needs to go. Period. Balance gets exponentially easier for Blizz if there is no Hero stacking outside of custom games. I had a game on PS4 last night (which I play just to chill with) and was pushing a payload versus 2 Bastions, a Torb, 2 Tracers and a Roadhog. The Tracers were constant annoyances and at least one of the Bastions was pretty much always alive and giving us problems.

Even with that we still managed to push the Payload to the last checkpoint before time expired. Even as I felt proud of my team of random players who were all level 15 and below I realized the stupidity of what we were up against.

And yes, I would love a mode that has the Competitive ruleset but doesn't keep track of rank.

Gator86

Level 34 Torb on KOTH. Never switched the entire game despite having his turret melted instantly repeatedly. Look, I'm glad you got carried to the high 60s, but please get the entire fuck out of here with that shit. Ranked games should take level into account as well. Every low level player in comp rolls in with their Torb or Bastion, never switching, and just gets fucking wrecked. It's a complete waste of a slot.

Nudull

Banned
Level 34 Torb on KOTH. Never switched the entire game despite having his turret melted instantly repeatedly. Look, I'm glad you got carried to the high 60s, but please get the entire fuck out of here with that shit. Ranked games should take level into account as well. Every low level player in comp rolls in with their Torb or Bastion, never switching, and just gets fucking wrecked. It's a complete waste of a slot.

God, it pains me when people misuse someone as straightfoward as Bastion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'ts not that people misuse him, it's just that he's very bad,

Yeah I've had an alarming amount of level 25-40 who are ranked 50+ using bastion, torb and widow on attack.

Like, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're pretty good when we first start out, but it never pans out.

J Range

Yeah I've had an alarming amount of level 25-40 who are ranked 50+ using bastion, torb and widow on attack.

Like, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're pretty good when we first start out, but it never pans out.

Theres some rare cases where your teams getting rolled and a bastion switch can allow your team to group up again. Sometimes randoms just have a really hard time using simple team work to stop bastion, even if they are halfway skilled otherwise. If it doesnt work immediately, i just switch back!

Prelude.

My brain probably tried to forget about this so I didn't write it before but I had a match earlier on Anubis defense where a Symmetra (that, again, didn't switch after losing point A) put the teleporter inside the room with the healthpack (from the B spawn, go outside the gate, down and left until you find that room) and obviously people were pretty pissed when they found out they were basically in the middle of the map when the enemy team was attacking point B, so our Symmetra's reply was "Teleporters are for flanking."

If I see at least two of Bastion, Torb and Hanzo in my team, I already know it's gonna be a shit game even if we win. No exceptions so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom