• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The main thing I want to know re: ranking is if you get shafted for character swapping. It really feels like you do and that's total garbage if it's true.

D.Va is the GOAT. When it comes to tanks I don’t know if I like her or Zarya more.

XuYVRAN.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
The main thing I want to know re: ranking is if you get shafted for character swapping. It really feels like you do and that's total garbage if it's true.

Nah cause losing is discouraged more than character switching. A win is a win.

What do you do if someone picks Reaper before you? ��

Only happened once and he was a 66 and I punched him twice and switched to the two characters between reaper constantly to remind him I was a 75 so he switched off :')

That was a close call.

(for the record I'll go McCree or tank then I guess)

KraytarJ

D.Va is the GOAT. When it comes to tanks I don’t know if I like her or Zarya more.
Playing D.Va on KotH is the most fun thing ever, it seems like any time I pick her I'm constantly in the middle of the fight for the entire match. I had a match earlier on Lijang where I went 10-3 in the first round and we lost and then I proceeded to go 38-1 over the last two rounds and got a 92% kill participation. One of the most satisfying games I've ever played.

psyfi

Banned
Playing D.Va on KotH is the most fun thing ever, it seems like any time I pick her I'm constantly in the middle of the fight for the entire match. I had a match earlier on Lijang where I went 10-3 in the first round and we lost and then I proceeded to go 38-1 over the last two rounds and got a 92% kill participation. One of the most satisfying games I've ever played.
Good lord that sounds fun. I haven't had time to play in a while, but as soon as I do I'm trying out the new and improved Dva.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Even before the buff I love dva on KotH.

Now she's extra fun because there are so many death blossoms, whole hogs and barrages in KotH. So many.

KraytarJ

Even before the buff I love dva on KotH.

Now she's extra fun because there are so many death blossoms, whole hogs and barrages in KotH. So many.
I'd agree that she was also fun but thanks to defence matrix being a lil silly you can actually stand and fight now. It just feels so good for my characters to not be trash anymore. Plus being able to just eat almost any ult in the game at any time is pretty great.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I love when people call you tryhard because you kicked their asses, it's not my fault you picked Hanzo when your team already had a widowmaker.

I love when people call you tryhard because you kicked their asses, it's not my fault you picked Hanzo when your team already had a widowmaker.

Why are you picking useful characters? Stop being such a tryhard bro. It's just a game.

I wish people called me a tryhard.

Soulflarz

Banned
"To qualify for Top 500, players will need to have a Skill Rating above 60." Yeah blizzard don't care, get good guys.

moreso joking about the wins are everything crowd since a 60 can be #1 player in the world lol

Cause no way they'd specify this otherwise

Soulflarz

Banned
ps4 is better because most opponents forget you exist re: insults and most teammates just send messages saying we love each other post win

ps4 is better because most opponents forget you exist re: insults and most teammates just send messages saying we love each other post win

Only message I've ever gotten was some guy sending me a voice message regarding my obnoxious Mei play.

Of course, I didn't even see it until a day or two after I got it so I don't even remember what I did in that match to make him so upset.

Antiwhippy

The bad stuff I see are usually people going EZ.

There was this attack torb who asked me to suck his dick when I asked him if might please change character.

Soulflarz

Banned
The bad stuff I see are usually people going EZ.

There was this attack torb who asked me to suck his dick when I asked him if might please change character.

You said no, right? :V

No, but what made him upset? Mei does nothing but bring cuteness and joy to every match. Any other team would be delighted to go against her. Even better if there are multiple.

Y-you see
Generally when we're delighted to go against a character well
remember zen prepatch?

"To qualify for Top 500, players will need to have a Skill Rating above 60." Yeah blizzard don't care, get good guys.

moreso joking about the wins are everything crowd since a 60 can be #1 player in the world lol

Cause no way they'd specify this otherwise
Rank 60 is top 500? No way.

Is there some kind of reward for 60 though?

Soulflarz

Banned
Rank 60 is top 500? No way.

Is there some kind of reward for 60 though?

No, rank isn't solidly locked in with skill
unless 75 is truly top 90 in all of America, in which case- cmon guys, step it up

60 is the minimum needed to be top 500 regardless of skill

151->154 according to me checking. Your rank won't fluctuate while you're gone a day more than 15, that's nice to know.

Antiwhippy

You know, I kid, but I super kinda want a hero whose abilities is to summon robots.

Summoning characters are my jam usually.

Soulflarz

Banned
hello overwatch thread

today my mission du jour is

'how do we make hanzo viable'

Okay so this hanzo tech is pretty unique
Once you die, you actually have a hidden tool to make him twice as viable. You want to hold square or the 'H' key, depending on your platform. Then you want to go left or right, really, either will work, and hit confirm. Your hanzo is now at least twice as viable, as promised.
This trick works on all platforms btw.

Shamelessly stole the SSBM joke about L+R+A+Start Fox is the best tech for low tiers

Okay so this hanzo tech is pretty unique
Once you die, you actually have a hidden tool to make him twice as viable. You want to hold square or the 'H' key, depending on your platform. Then you want to go left or right, really, either will work, and hit confirm. Your hanzo is now at least twice as viable, as promised.
This trick works on all platforms btw.

Shamelessly stole the SSBM joke about L+R+A+Start Fox is the best tech for low tiers

Switching to Widow on console will not help.

Nor will Torb if you're on attack.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
For every bad Hanzo there is that one motherfucker that nails me with the Scatter shot perfectly everytime regardless of who I roll.

Soulflarz

Banned
Switching to Widow on console will not help.

Nor will Torb if you're on attack.

I find this hilarious because I mean't left or right an unspecified amount but

Hanzos trash :3

Who and what?

TSvzyaKh.jpg

Is this person a gaffer? I feel like Ive seen that name before.

So
Overbuff is also trash I'm learning. Found a great Zarya and D Va today. Not even ranked. 73, has only played 30 comp matches.
Don't look at someones overbuff only. It's nice to see "oh, this reaper goes 1-2" or "this lucio heals less than my soldier" but not the end all be all.

Soulflarz

Banned
Overbuff is only pulling from playovereatch tbf, it just breaks down the stats in interesting ways.
Shoutout to comp affecting your QP score

So
Just use your QP score tbh.

Or neither, since if you're say, skill 70 vs 50, you'll be killed a lot more and do a lot less, so a 50 might have better stats, but you know, QP isn't a good metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom