• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

That feel when no one answers back when you type "Hi" before the game starts

People sure are quick to shittalk though!
Gamers smh

Embrace it.

To paraphrase: I found that if you think you're good, that you might not be. But if you don't, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal.

That's why I never tell myself I'm good at anything. I just leave that to everyone else, if they so choose.

So I came to a strange/ unexpected conclusion.

My Lucio Averages:
Average DMG: 3300
Average Healing: 5000

Zenyatta Averages:
Average DMG: 5000
Average Healing: 6200

The only downside seems that I die more on average with Zenyatta. Does that mean I help the team more playing Zenyatta then Lucio?

My Lucio Averages:

Zenyatta Averages:

The only downside seems that I die more on average with Zenyatta. Does that mean I help the team more playing Zenyatta then Lucio?

Numbers don't really get that across especially with their healing being a lot different. Big transcendence pushes skew towards Zen getting big chunks of healing at a time. Lucio is a lot more consistent. 5000 is kind of a low average for Lucio too (mine isn't much better)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
They really need to use all the ranks and spread people out more, there are some really good and truly awful players at my rank (55) and it's complete luck if you win or not as it comes down to which set of players you're lumped with. I still haven't played since I lost 3 games on the bounce a few days ago, it's just not fun putting in 100% effort when your team doesn't give a shit or would rather stand still and type rubbish instead of defending the point. If you're the type of player who really cares and tries hard to win competitive is a fucking nightmare.

Azoor

That feel when no one answers back when you type "Hi" before the game starts

People sure are quick to shittalk though!
Gamers smh

I sometimes wonder if Blizzard will add more emotes in the future, I'd like to add an angry "Move the payload!" emote :p

Defuser

I saw a guy who played soldier 76, he died against a Winston...then he swapped from Soldier 76 to Genji.....I swear he doesn't have braincells at all when he made the swap.

Kain

I saw a guy who played soldier 76, he died against a Winston...then he swapped from Soldier 76 to Genji.....I swear he doesn't have braincells at all when he made the swap.

If S76 doesn't have rockets he's a punching bag for Winston, yes. And Genjis are adorable when running away.

I like Winston more every day, he doesn't do much damage, but his trolling is off the roofs

I've been the one to do it but actually getting boosted as Reinhardt by Ana borders on orgasmic. Especially when you have an Earthshatter loaded up. Oh my god

If S76 doesn't have rockets he's a punching bag for Winston, yes. And Genjis are adorable when running away.

I like Winston more every day, he doesn't do much damage, but his trolling is off the roofs

Soldier: 76 shouldn't even be fighting a Winston on his own in the first place.

Defuser

Soldier: 76 shouldn't even be fighting a Winston on his own in the first place.

Winning a fight against Winston with Soldier 76 is possible if they start out from mid range because he has biotic heals to keep him alive,rockets and better dmg dealing bullets. If Winston got a drop on soldier then most of the time winston will win out.

Winning a fight against Winston with Soldier 76 is possible if they start out from mid range because he has biotic heals to keep him alive,rockets and better dmg dealing bullets. If Winston got a drop on soldier then most of the time winston will win out.

Winston will beat anyone if they have no abilities or backup to use against him. Even Mercy could beat anyone under the right conditions, but that's not exactly a typical situation.

RemiLP

Cof_yx8VYAI0wla.jpg

holy shit

Nice.

Do you have a stream or something? Id love to watch

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Why? Why am I put with these idiots? Always low tier picks that do nothing, constant hero switching so they never get ultimates and just generally poor play. I mean, who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to switch to Symmetra on the last point when they're pushing hard for the victory? WHAT DOES SHE FUCKING BRING IN THAT SITUATION?????

I am so mad right now, I keep losing because people do not have any idea how to play and bring me down. Season 2 needs massive improvements regarding how people are ranked because right now rank doesn't mean anything because the variance in skill is so massive between two different players of the same rank.

DeSo

Banned
Fuck me, good Genji's are the worst. They have their ult every two minutes and its an instant death to your support every time.

Azoor

Fuck me, good Genji's are the worst. They have their ult every two minutes and its an instant death to your support every time.

I had a pain in ass Genji last night and I had to switch to a McCree to deal with him.

Man McCree is good to play now.

BigDug13

My Lucio Averages:

Zenyatta Averages:

Here are some numbers you can't extrapolate from numbers the game keeps track of:

How much additional damage did others in your party deal thanks to discord orb? (A LOT if you're using orb on targets of interest.)

How much health did you deliver to teammates once they left your line of sight? (Lucio isn't delivering health to that near-dead tracer that you can orb who ran around the corner and continued to get 75 health from your orb. )

Zenyatta is a better single target healer, especially to flankers to get into your LOS sometimes and then disappear. His orb reach is also better than Lucio's song reach.

Lucio is fantastic and is still the most survivable healer in the game, but there are ways Zen contributes that Lucio can't that are not counted in the game's numerical stats that they provide.

Why? Why am I put with these idiots? Always low tier picks that do nothing, constant hero switching so they never get ultimates and just generally poor play. I mean, who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to switch to Symmetra on the last point when they're pushing hard for the victory? WHAT DOES SHE FUCKING BRING IN THAT SITUATION?????

I am so mad right now, I keep losing because people do not have any idea how to play and bring me down. Season 2 needs massive improvements regarding how people are ranked because right now rank doesn't mean anything because the variance in skill is so massive between two different players of the same rank.

I don't get a lot of hero switching in comp, but a lot of times I'll be baffled by the constant hero switching in QP. Like I had one KOTH match where every time a person died they switched to a new character. Meanwhile the other team was holding the point and kept building and using ults while this person charged in with 0% and did nothing to affect the match.

I don't mind people having fun and trying out characters but I guess they don't realize the importance of ult charging and using them for an effective push.

As for low tier characters, my two top characters that I'm best with are Symmetra and Junkrat, who I frequently see called trash here on GAF. But my medal/win percentage with them is better than pretty much any of the "high tier" characters, so even if a character is bad meta wise, it could still be viable in the right person's hands.

Still feeling the mercy ult nerf :( every time I need it its 5% away. Mercy with no rez is useless to the team.

She's still the best single-target healer in the game, plus she's often the best at getting away from dangerous situations. The goal is for her to help keep the team alive while she's charging her ult, which I find she does a pretty decent job at.

Azoor

This isn't true anymore, Ana is definitely better at single target heals now.

Ana heals 60 per shot, while Mercy heals 50 per second.

They're comparable, but I think Mercy is still the better healer because she doesn't need accurate targeting. I know Ana's hit frames for healing, but still, Mercy can heal you faster.

They're comparable, but I think Mercy is still the better healer because she doesn't need accurate targeting. I know Ana's hit frames for healing, but still, Mercy can heal you faster.

Unless they revised it to account for the rate of fire buff she heals for 75 or 80 per shot

Prelude.

She heals 75 per shot, which is about 90 per second. So, yes, it's relying on aim, but she's technically healing almost twice as fast as Mercy.

Ana can heal more, but is less reliable. Since you actually have to aim and reload. People move unpredictability at times so not all of your shots are going to hit. However, Ana can heal at much longer distances and can switch easily between healing and damage. Mercy has better mobility and can seamlessly transition from different targets due to her instant beam. Her ult is also still very good and one of the best in the game.

They both have their pros and cons. I still see Mercy being used more than Ana. However, for the most part I see a lot of Lucio/Zen combos.

arimanius

People are using Overbuff to see how good someone is? LOL I thought everyone knew that trash was super inaccurate and shouldn't be taken to seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom