• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Absolutely. I've seen a Lucio go on the payload for 30 seconds or more with literally an entire team trying to kill him. Console aiming is fucking wretched. People really underestimate just how bad it is most of the time.

After buying the PS4 version and playing casually, I get it. I really do.

gotta go with the other one guys

HQzHEAP.jpg

LOL I'm pretty sure I've played an actual match with "vapegod" before.

Gator86

Fine, destroy their rank down to 40. It'll go right back up to 60 or whatever.

Do people in here still not understand this ranking system is going to throw you right back up or down to whatever it thinks your rank should be?

People usually aren't trying to inflict a leavers penalty on you.

Haven't I killed you somewhere?

(Urge to write optimal usage guide rising)

Yeah, it would go back up, but not immediately. And even if it does, it would still keep their rank artificially deflated for a time. Regardless, that's just a suggestion tossed together in a second's notice. There needs to be stronger leaver penalties. It ruins the game for the other 11 people.

Sou Da

streamer constantly gets asked why she doesn't use team chat

joins a friend's game, is asked to join team chat

joins

The minute she unmutes voice chat: "Hey isn't this girl a streamer?" "Yeah she's a fucking cunt"

Goddamn. I don't know y'all women deal with it.

Kurumi

joins

The minute she unmutes voice chat: "Hey isn't this girl a streamer?" "Yeah she's a fucking cunt"

That's pretty much why I don't use voice chat when playing with a group.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I group up with some girls fairly often who use chat and it seemed ok most of the time. I don't doubt that they've encountered some real dirtbags though.

Gator86

That time when you wonder why you're getting murdered at the game start only to realize your Lucio switched to Hanzo right after everyone left the spawn. Fuck you, asshole.

This is the same game where someone drops right at the start of round 2 and our team's average level is 60 versus 200+ on the other team.

tumblr_inline_ntc9t6GKgB1ribe1l_500.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Loss from a guy who quit after round one.

Loss because some guy on my team verbally said he's going AFK because we're going to lose (after losing point A on Anubis, saying B was impossible to defend????????)

Loss on the coinflip.

Season 1 sure is a blast. ._.

Antiwhippy

Also been playing with hanzo in QP, and I dunno, his projectile nerf doesn't seem to be too bad? Still getting headshots, still getting quite a lot of elims considering how garbage my aim usually is. :p

His toolkit is still kinda bleh to make me want to use him rank but shooting arrows is still pretty fun.

ISOM

That time when you wonder why you're getting murdered at the game start only to realize your Lucio switched to Hanzo right after everyone left the spawn. Fuck you, asshole.

This is the same game where someone drops right at the start of round 2 and our team's average level is 60 versus 200+ on the other team.

tumblr_inline_ntc9t6GKgB1ribe1l_500.gif

Try having someone change from Lucio in the middle of the game. It's like people have no situational awareness that people are relying on you for heals. You might want to at least notify the team you aren't playing healer anymore.

patchday

Also been playing with hanzo in QP, and I dunno, his projectile nerf doesn't seem to be too bad? Still getting headshots, still getting quite a lot of elims considering how garbage my aim usually is. :p

His toolkit is still kinda bleh to make me want to use him rank but shooting arrows is still pretty fun.

wth Hanzo got nerfed? havent played him in a long time

Ricky 7

Medals aren't actually the same guideline. My two healing friends who constantly have to fight over top healer by that logic still get a full rank a match. It's just a decent idea.
Basically "if you're good at doing your role you'll rank up or vice versa" is the basic explanation. Medals can be used to see if you're being useful, but you can be outplayed with the 80 on your team and still do fine.

Now, 82% kill participation got me a whole rank up :p
Alright, I must be a crap healer then lol. I don't even want to choose him I just choose him when I have a stupid team that doesn't realise we need a healer.

Try having someone change from Lucio in the middle of the game. It's like people have no situational awareness that people are relying on you for heals. You might want to at least notify the team you aren't playing healer anymore.

Its justified when you're doing solo que and no one is communicating anyway. Played a match where everyone just left me to fend for myself as lucio or mercy so i couldnt do any healing anyway. Might as well change to someone who can do damage and hope for the best.

FoxSpirit

Yeah, it would go back up, but not immediately. And even if it does, it would still keep their rank artificially deflated for a time. Regardless, that's just a suggestion tossed together in a second's notice. There needs to be stronger leaver penalties. It ruins the game for the other 11 people.
That would be smurfing made easy. Wanna trash some new players and farm rank points? Leave a bunch. Not even taking away all XP and ranked points would help. People would still smurf for the thrill.

The only good solution is increasing timeouts. With season bans as the extreme.

keuja

It's really easy to kill him in it though?

Not everything needs to be nerfed.

My issue with it is that it doesn't give you time to react at all and kills you almost instantly ... I have no issues with any of the other ultimates but this one always felt cheap to me.

Gator86

That would be smurfing made easy. Wanna trash some new players and farm rank points? Leave a bunch. Not even taking away all XP and ranked points would help. People would still smurf for the thrill.

Low rank players aren't necessarily new, but that point is well taken. Timeouts would be a much better solution. I'd be down with that.

Nori Chan

My issue with it is that it doesn't give you time to react at all and kills you almost instantly ... I have no issues with any of the other ultimates but this one always felt cheap to me.

Keep your distance from reaper at all times. No reason you should ever be in a cqc battle with him.

Antiwhippy

They do have season bans. Like, the leaving penalties that people want seem to be implemented, it's just that the number of games left window is too generous.

joins

The only way around it is to only group with friends. It works out really well =V

matmanx1

My friend's GF runs with us occasionally and even though we are on PC, we usually just keep chat set to group instead of whole team.

When I'm playing solo I team chat by default. I have many many years of MMO gaming under my belt and I am not shy about using my mic when it is needed. In my experience, most people, especially in competitive play, want to win and are reasonable about how to go about it.

Another data point to throw out there. I just had a competitive match as Zen. We defended the 1st point on King's Row and they never took it and then proceeded to blow them off of the 1st point on our attack turn to win the game quickly so I am not sure how that skews things. (Total game time was just over 7 minutes)

11 elims, 3 deaths, 4100+ dmg 4900+ heals, 2 gold medals and 1 bronze. The win netted me exactly half a level worth of exp. I don't know if that's good, bad or average, but there it is.

Borden

Neo Member
Anyone need a drunk Mercy with no mic on PS4? Not actually drunk, I just had one but it's sounds funnier this way. No mic because the gf is cooking dinner. Comp or QP doesn't matter to me. PSN is Bordman

another night where i have connection issues with OW :\
took almost 5 minutes just to load up the menu. RIP. and it hasn't even loaded the background either RIP RIP

Hanzo bro :highfive:

Antiwhippy

So do you have to maintain that to get the animated spray at the end of the season or do they count your season highest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom