• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

peakish

Ana can heal more, but is less reliable. Since you actually have to aim and reload. People move unpredictability at times so not all of your shots are going to hit. However, Ana can heal at much longer distances and can switch easily between healing and damage. Mercy has better mobility and can seamlessly transition from different targets due to her instant beam. Her ult is also still very good and one of the best in the game.

They both have their pros and cons. I still see Mercy being used more than Ana. However, for the most part I see a lot of Lucio/Zen combos.
Yes, this is a good point. Lucio and Mercy are kings of reliability since they don't have to divide their attention as much. Ana chooses between healing and damage, has to keep LOS, has her grenade and a sleep dart and doesn't self regen so after a few hits she has to seek cover which isn't as easy as with Mercy.

Maybe Mercy could use a slight healing boost (the current meta is super aggressive so slowing it down could be desirable) but I think the trade off between reliability and burst healing is pretty good. Supports mostly seem to be in a good place right now, with Lucio and Zen being maybe slightly too powerful but eh.

Meier

Probably one of my best performances. Don't think I've ever seen someone get 5 golds.

CogeyBEUMAAVPyX.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At this point I want them to get rid of 2CP entirely. Fuck.

I didn't feel this way in QP! Ranked 2CP just fucking blows.

At this point I want them to get rid of 2CP entirely. Fuck.

I didn't feel this way in QP! Ranked 2CP just fucking blows.

How I feel about KOTH right here.

Liked it in QP but can't stand to see it in Comp. And Nepal can go straight to hell, except for the inside level. Sanctum, I think?

BigDug13

2CP should be: Each team gets ONE time on offense. The team who captured the most points in the least amount of time on their offensive turn wins. Game done in an adequate amount of time (20 minutes max).

I also wouldn't mind seeing KOTH switch to 2 out of 3 instead of 3 out of 5.

Meier

Soldier 76 with no healer on the team?

I played Torb for a bit while they capped the first point which inevitably happened, then I switched to my fave Zenyatta. We somehow held them off the 2nd point which I thought would be just about impossible. Got a lot of objective kills on that one.

I've found it nearly impossible to win that map on defense in a public quick play so it was a pleasant surprise to hold them off let alone to have such a good performance.

kaskade

I want that mini balance update for PS4 already. I'm kinda bummed that my friends all play on PS4. This game has to feel so good KB+M.

TheDanimal

Are we talking about best maps, and Illios hasn't been mentioned yet? Cmon guys.
(Maybe it's just because I play Lucio but Illios is always my favorite)
Edit: beaten hard :(

Prelude.

Route 66 is garbage. It's one of those maps where people have literally no idea where to defend or how to push.

I played Torb for a bit while they capped the first point which inevitably happened, then I switched to my fave Zenyatta. We somehow held them off the 2nd point which I thought would be just about impossible. Got a lot of objective kills on that one.

I've found it nearly impossible to win that map on defense in a public quick play so it was a pleasant surprise to hold them off let alone to have such a good performance.
A Torbjorn that switches? To Zenyatta? Nice one.

forgot about route 66 and hollywood. derp. and anubis. you think i would remember all these maps for how long i've played the game lol.

Hanamura, hanamura, volskaya, hanamura.

I'm literally dying.

Literally.
if youre not winning all of them then they are telling you something.

Route 66 is garbage. It's one of those maps where people have literally no idea where to defend or how to push.

A Torbjorn that switches? To Zenyatta? Nice one.

I like Route 66 because it's based more on momentum than anything else. A lot maps heavily reward positioning, while this one creates skirmishes on and near the payload.

Whoever can keep the presence there longest wins.

Antiwhippy

forgot about route 66 and hollywood. derp. and anubis. you think i would remember all these maps for how long i've played the game lol.

if youre not winning all of them then they are telling you something.

Half Half, but fuck me even when I win it's not fulfilling.

Prelude.

I like Route 66 because it's based more on momentum than anything else. A lot maps heavily reward positioning, while this one creates skirmishes on and near the payload.

Whoever can keep the presence there longest wins.
That map rewards positioning too, the problem is that people ignore it completely for some reason. You have an excellent elevated spot behind an insanely tight choke point, but people always prefer to go past it and go in front of the spawn where they can get attacked from a billion ways by an enemy that, if killed, will be back in 10 seconds.

Nudull

Banned
This weekly brawl is making me fall in love with Reaper and Roadhog, two people I expected to never even touch since launch. o.o

Also, why is Roadhog's ult so fun to use?

Gator86

Nah cause losing is discouraged more than character switching. A win is a win.

Only happened once and he was a 66 and I punched him twice and switched to the two characters between reaper constantly to remind him I was a 75 so he switched off :')

That was a close call.

(for the record I'll go McCree or tank then I guess)

How many hours have you sunk into just Reaper? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Prelude.

This weekly brawl is making me fall in love with Reaper and Roadhog, two people I expected to never even touch since launch. o.o

Also, why is Roadhog's ult so fun to use?
I don't think it's a really good place for Reapers, I do nothing but flashbang or hook ulting Reapers and there are multiple of McCrees and Roadhogs.

xaosslug

real talk tho, why am I always on the team that ignores Bastion, to our detriment. Meanwhile when Bastion's on my team the opposing team consistently stomps him/never let's him get any footing? -___-

Antiwhippy

Argh, enough ranked today. Won my last hanamura one but I cannot stomach another 2CP.

Still, DVa <3.

edit: EVEN IN QUICK PLAY I CAN'T ESCAPE 2CP. ANUBIS ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

At least I only have to play the map once.

Antiwhippy

This game seems adamant that I must play 2CP today aaaaaaaaah.

Including rank and quick play it's like 8 2CP in a row. With hanamura being 4 of them.

Gurrry

damn i was in a ranked game and got an unexpected server error, but then couldnt rejoin

this happen to anyone else just now?

Kurita

Seriously what's wrong with people?

We had a guy with one star who kept saying that a teammate sucked (he wasn't great but whatever), the games were close with good comebacks, but he then proceed to pick Symmetra and puts his TP so that the team falls to its death

Why
Why
Why
We could've won the damn thing

Antiwhippy

We had a guy with one star who kept saying that a teammate sucked (he wasn't great but whatever), the games were close with good comebacks, but he then proceed to pick Symmetra and puts his TP so that the team falls to its death

Why
Why
Why

Petulant child being a dick most likely.

Prelude.

Why
Why
Why
Did you report him?

Azoor

God, I love it when I kill people as mech-less D.VA, I feel like I humiliated them.

Not as humiliating as kill them with as a Mercy though.

Veelk

Banned
God, I love it when I kill people as mech-less D.VA, I feel like I humiliated them.

Not as humiliating as kill them with as a Mercy though.

I love taking on Assault Mercys as Meka-less D.Va

It's a pistol battle between two massive underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom